• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JessFit

JessFit goes full warrior

4 hours ago, JessFit said:

It is painful and sad and unrealistic and frustrating. I get excited by characters like Red Sonja and Brienne of Tarth because they're believable (mostly) in their strength. Also, the access playing Brienne hits the gym hard to pull it off which I love. 

This made me curious so I looked up her workout routines. 

Holy shit.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Yep, the app will put me through 3 weeks (ish, it adjusts continually depending on the feedback I give it) of reverse before settling me in to maintenance. Maintenance is much less strict, but it also isn't "order pizza on Friday and eat leftover pizza every meal, all weekend, every weekend" like I was doing previously... They recommend one good cheat meal at the end of the cut and then minimal cheating until you're settled in to maintenance so as not to gain back what you've lost while your metabolism is still vulnerable from the cut induced trauma. (Yes, I'm being dramatic, it is a low carb day.) You can always do future cuts or mass phases but they suggest maintenance for at least as long as your cut was before another goal oriented phase. 

Oh sweet, so you've already got a solid plan for post cut! I dunno if you're actually being dramatic, cuts are basically controlled starvation so trauma feels kinda appropriate.

yay drag kings! from my experience, if you use enough boy band songs and dances, you can get the same level of screaming from the crowd that a drag queen gets ;) 

• Like 1

Last night was productive! I finished one PHD, cute little skirt and cape sets for sweet little girls that I know that love having dress-up clothes. I did some chin-up work, skincare, and foam rolling. I also went and did some cardio. I like how I intentionally did not put cardio as a goal this challenge because I didn't think I would have time for it, and now I've done it 4 times in 1.5 weeks of this challenge. Ugh. 

Happy second Monday all! 

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 3/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 5/15

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 98.11%/95%  Weight: 151.8/148

4: Recovery and mobility. 5/15

5: Skincare! 5/20

6: Projects half done 2/5

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Last night was productive! I finished one PHD, cute little skirt and cape sets for sweet little girls that I know that love having dress-up clothes.

Wait, you make kids clothes?

10 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Wait, you make kids clothes?

Yes, on occasion. I make just about everything, I used to costume for professional theater productions and that means a little bit of work in all eras and sizes, most of which we made from scratch. Unless it was 80s, we had WAY TOO MANY 80s clothes in that theater. I also used to volunteer with costumes for local school productions. 

I've made quite a few fun outfits for these girls. They're also getting matching dirndls for our local Oktoberfest. I've done far more complex and/or day to day clothing as well, I just don't have any accessible pics of those outfits right now. 

Please ignore the mess that is my craft room, my house is really tidy, except my craft room.

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8425.JPG

• Like 8

13 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Yes, on occasion. I make just about everything, I used to costume for professional theater productions and that means a little bit of work in all eras and sizes, most of which we made from scratch. Unless it was 80s, we had WAY TOO MANY 80s clothes in that theater. I also used to volunteer with costumes for local school productions. 

I've made quite a few fun outfits for these girls. They're also getting matching dirndls for our local Oktoberfest. I've done far more complex and/or day to day clothing as well, I just don't have any accessible pics of those outfits right now. 

Please ignore the mess that is my craft room, my house is really tidy, except my craft room.

Wow! You have amazing sewing skills! Dirndls sound like they would be quite complex to make, too! 

14 minutes ago, JessFit said:

IMG_8412.jpg

IMG_8425.JPG

Those look great. grimble would lose her shit with a mermaid dress.

*surreptitiously starts googling for cute mermaid dresses at work*

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Those look great. grimble would lose her shit with a mermaid dress.

*surreptitiously starts googling for cute mermaid dresses at work*

I can make a mermaid dress happen... They're a TON of fun. One of the girls wore her mermaid dress for 6 straight days after getting it. Mermaid dress and cowboy boots, mermaid dress and wolf hat, mermaid dress and bat wing hoodie, mermaid dress and bunny poncho. Mermaid dress is the new LBD for the 10 and under crowd. 

• Like 7

Guyyyys, that date is tonight. Why are dates so awkward? 

I was supposed to lift last night. Didn't. I felt bleh, decided sleep was more important, and went to bed at 8 instead. I then came in to work an hour late because I felt gross this morning. I'm unsure if it is allergies, fatigue, or illness at this point but I'm trying to power through. I finished another PHD, I reshaped a civil war bonnet, but I basically did nothing else relevant yesterday.  Maybe oodles of sleep gave me longer to get dehydrated, but I weighted in at 150.8 today. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been this light in about 5 years, and I'm sure that I've never been this strong as this body weight before. Yay for small victories. 

Goals:

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 98.16%/95%  Weight: 150.8/148

5: Skincare 5/20

6: Projects half done 3/5

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JessFit said:

I've never been this strong as this body weight before.

Excellent! 

Dates are awkward because people are awkward, and on dates there are two people, so it's double the awkwardness. That's my explanation, anyway. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, JessFit said:

@grumble

Mermaid dress ideas that range from chill and playing in the mud to dramatic af. 

Hide contents

Mermaid4.jpg.e52655c07e04c61306230241cde37af8.jpg

I have a swim suit like this lol but I had to swap the bikini top for a better fit. LOVE all the digs!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JessFit said:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been this light in about 5 years, and I'm sure that I've never been this strong as this body weight before. Yay for small victories. 

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a BIG VICTORY.

• Like 3

Guyyyys, that date is tonight. Why are dates so awkward? 

Yayayayay!!!!! But yes, dates are totes awkward - isn't it that way with any new relationship (romantic or otherwise) as we figure out our rhythm with the new person? Or maybe I'm just super awkward around new coworkers.

I was supposed to lift last night. Didn't. I felt bleh, decided sleep was more important, and went to bed at 8 instead. I then came in to work an hour late because I felt gross this morning. I'm unsure if it is allergies, fatigue, or illness at this point but I'm trying to power through. I finished another PHD, I reshaped a civil war bonnet, but I basically did nothing else relevant yesterday.  Maybe oodles of sleep gave me longer to get dehydrated, but I weighted in at 150.8 today. I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure I haven't been this light in about 5 years, and I'm sure that I've never been this strong as this body weight before. Yay for small victories. 

We all have those days - I find that they show up more often during allergy season OR a cut, and maybe even more often if both of those are happening at the same time. Sleep sounds like it was the right call, though - there's always another day to lift more iron.

Goals:

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 98.16%/95%  Weight: 150.8/148

5: Skincare 5/20

6: Projects half done 3/5

Killing it on the goals!!

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure this qualifies as a BIG VICTORY.

Pretty sure she slipped a small pun past you? :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Pretty sure she slipped a small pun past you? :P

I dunno, seems pretty slim considering the tone of the post.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I dunno, seems pretty slim considering the tone of the post.

I always thought I was good with puns but yall have me re-reading stuff 5 times or more, questioning my sanity sometimes. Well played.

And  a large hooray for small victories!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

I always thought I was good with puns but yall have me re-reading stuff 5 times or more, questioning my sanity sometimes. Well played.

There's no question. You're here with us, and therefore your sanity is for sure gone! :D Easy peasy.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike Wazowski said:

There's no question. You're here with us, and therefore your sanity is for sure gone!

There is a question, and it is: Did the sanity disappear before or after arriving here with us...?

31 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

There is a question, and it is: Did the sanity disappear before or after arriving here with us...?

Smile Cheshire GIF - Smile Cheshire Creepy GIFs

59 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Sanity? I thought that was a joke, who is actually sane? 

I'm the most normal person I know. 

>_>

• Haha 1