• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

JessFit

JessFit goes full warrior

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Hey there! Here for the recovery camaraderie and occasional kvetching about dating and the "joys" of just starting out a relationship.

Whats your recovery go to? Also, competitive ballroom dancer? WHAT? I love to ballroom dance but since I moved, there isn't as much of it in my small town. Pittsburgh and Chicago (previous homes) had so much. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JessFit said:

Whats your recovery go to? Also, competitive ballroom dancer? WHAT? I love to ballroom dance but since I moved, there isn't as much of it in my small town. Pittsburgh and Chicago (previous homes) had so much. 

Mostly foam rolling my back and legs and some static or PAILs / RAILs stretching (especially my psoas) plus rolling my feet and glutes with a lax ball. Not all of that at once though, I pick and choose what’s feeling most in need on a given day.

 

And yup, competing as an amateur but de facto pro - I fell in love with it and just kept working at it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JessFit said:

Update: I took the advice above and I responded to him and told him I'd love to go, but as I'd previously mentioned, I'm working toward some personal goals so I'll likely order something boring/small.


This sounds like a good compromise. 

 

3 hours ago, JessFit said:

If he has an issue understanding and supporting personal goals, then we likely aren't well suited anyway


Yes indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, JessFit said:

Update: I took the advice above and I responded to him and told him I'd love to go, but as I'd previously mentioned, I'm working toward some personal goals so I'll likely order something boring/small. If he has an issue understanding and supporting personal goals, then we likely aren't well suited anyway

Hooray! I hope it goes well and that he's cool with it. And if he's not... then he's just not worth your time!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Date is set for next Wednesday, I suggested a place that he didn't like. He chose an Italian place where literally everything on the menu is covered in cheese. Actually everything. I already felt like an ass for being picky so I agreed to it. I guess I'll just order grilled chicken and veggies and specify "no cheese" and hope they can accommodate me even though there is nothing like that on their menu. Even their salads (there are only 2) are so covered in excessive unhealthy tidbits that it may as well not be a salad. Dating on a cut is shit. Weighted in this morning at 153.1. My heaviest was 170, my starting weight for this cut was 166+, my original goal was 157, my revised goal is 148. I've got 4 weeks left and 5.1lbs to drop. I will crush this! 

 

Did pull-up and chin-up work yesterday based off of your previous recommendations. Whew! That wasn't easy. I got 3 of each lol. Did some work this morning before I left the house too. Foam rolled last night with help of the cat. I worked on my quilt last night. It is so close to being done but I decided to make smart adult decisions and sleep instead of finishing. Super excited to check my first PHD off for the challenge. 

 

Becoming a land-owning knight (as was mentioned on another thread) has me stressing the hell out. I'm waiting for the sellers to get back to me about assessments that they "forgot" to pay to the HOA before putting the condo up for sale. I don't want to pay for that crap but I also don't want to be homeless. 

 

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 1/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 3/15

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 97.89%/95%  Weight: 153.1/148

4: Recovery and mobility. 2/15

5: Skincare! 2/20

6: Projects half done 0/5

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Grumble said:

Middle Finger The Bird GIF - MiddleFinger TheBird FlipTheBird GIFs

 

HOA's are the devil.

Maybe, but I don't want a house, so HOA is a must. Plus, I don't have to cut grass or shovel snow. With as much as I travel for work, not having to worry about that is huge boon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JessFit said:

Maybe, but I don't want a house, so HOA is a must. Plus, I don't have to cut grass or shovel snow. With as much as I travel for work, not having to worry about that is huge boon. 

I forget not everyone lives where it doesn't snow. I could see that being a good reason. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I forget not everyone lives where it doesn't snow. I could see that being a good reason. 

We got over 50 inches of snow this winter... I have ZERO desire to shovel more than 4 feet of snow. It is a really good workout, but it crushes the soul. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last night involved errands and lifting and not much else. I wanted to go to bed at 6pm, so I consider getting anything done a success.I've only been back to lifting since December, with over 2 years off prior to that, but I'm thrilled that my lifts are coming back so quickly. I keep having to remind myself (on nights like last night) that consistency is more important than almost anything else. Squats ended with 185x2x3 which I'm pleased with but not overly excited about. Also threw in a bit of yoga.

 

My comic book shero is Red Sonja, and lately I've been asking myself, "What would Red Sonja do? She would go out there and kick some ass, she wouldn't skip the gym (or whatever else I'm tempted to do)" Thats been a great motivator. One day, when I finally have the time and money and self confidence, I'm gonna cosplay her! 

 

Had a great weigh in this morning after being stuck all week last week. I am hoping that when I go to my next Drs appt, my high blood pressure is no longer high and all my other tests reflect the fact that I've been working super hard at getting my weight under control. High blood pressure is an issue on both sides of my family, and my uncle had a massive stroke at my age because of it. 

 

Weekend goals: Finish quilt, bake a bunch for the upcoming bake sale, do some outside cardio because it will be warm, and lift on Sunday! 

 

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 2/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 3/15

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 97.95%/95%  Weight: 152.4/148

4: Recovery and mobility. 3/15

5: Skincare! 2/20

6: Projects half done 0/5

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JessFit said:

 

My comic book shero is Red Sonja, and lately I've been asking myself, "What would Red Sonja do? She would go out there and kick some ass, she wouldn't skip the gym (or whatever else I'm tempted to do)" Thats been a great motivator. One day, when I finally have the time and money and self confidence, I'm gonna cosplay her! 

 

At which point, we demand pictures. I speak for everyone in the guild on this.

 

On a personal note, a detailed account of what you had to do do get the hair right would also be nice ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

On a personal note, a detailed account of what you had to do do get the hair right would also be nice ;) 

Pretty sure I'm going to call up my drag queen bestie and beg him to help me with a wig. I don't have nearly enough hair to get to her level. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

maybe i should be ashamed, but I had to look up Red Sonja! and i came across this: https://hnentertainment.co/original-red-sonja-actress-brigitte-nielsen-suggests-bird-boxs-susanne-bier-or-wonder-womans-patty-jenkins-should-direct-the-reboot/

 

and now i have a new 80s movie to add to my "to watch" list!

OOOOOOO I'd LOVE a female directed reboot! I also love that it is a female character who is (often) drawn with a realistic amount of muscle considering the amount of ass kicking she can do. I get real bored with stick thin female characters that can trash the muscular men around them because it is so unrealistic. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, JessFit said:

OOOOOOO I'd LOVE a female directed reboot! I also love that it is a female character who is (often) drawn with a realistic amount of muscle considering the amount of ass kicking she can do. I get real bored with stick thin female characters that can trash the muscular men around them because it is so unrealistic. 

 

I always enjoyed when they did crossovers with her in the Conan comics. She kicked ass there too. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy Monday all! I hope everyone had a lovely weekend and Passover/Easter. I didn't go home for Easter and kept forgetting it was Easter. I'd have finished 2 PHDs this weekend but it was Easter and Joanns was closed when I got there yesterday. Quilt done, almost done with two little cape and skirt sets for my friends' kids. 

 

Went to a drag king show on Friday, it was amazing! It is hard to go out and be surrounded by people with nachos, fried food, and French fries, but I keep reminding myself that this is my choice and this is for my long term health. The diet app is hardcore cutting my carbs today, ugh. Still, 3 weeks left and in general I'm feeling healthier than ever.

 

I didn't get any baking done this weekend, I need to do it, I just didn't want to. I did get in a 90 minute walk on Saturday. It is supposed to rain today so it might be a gym cardio kinda day, otherwise I'll go for a walk after work. 

 

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 3/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 4/15

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 98.08%/95%  Weight: 151.8/148

4: Recovery and mobility. 4/15

5: Skincare! 4/20

6: Projects half done 1.5/5

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/19/2019 at 2:43 PM, JessFit said:

OOOOOOO I'd LOVE a female directed reboot! I also love that it is a female character who is (often) drawn with a realistic amount of muscle considering the amount of ass kicking she can do. I get real bored with stick thin female characters that can trash the muscular men around them because it is so unrealistic. 

Me too! Between the unrealistic body types "(have you noticed that a lot of female characters have, for the most part, the same body type?_, the impractical costume designs (serious, some of these costumes offer no support for the gals, and I always wince in sympathy when I see a female character doing a back flip or something intense without the proper support), and the lack of muscle, I get bored and frustrated with character design for female superheroes. 

 

How was the drag king show?! That sounds super fun!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JessFit said:

Went to a drag king show on Friday, it was amazing!


Interesting, one usually only hears about drag queens. I imagine it would be less flashy, with fewer sequins. Maybe they pour all their energies into super impressive beards? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Me too! Between the unrealistic body types "(have you noticed that a lot of female characters have, for the most part, the same body type?_, the impractical costume designs (serious, some of these costumes offer no support for the gals, and I always wince in sympathy when I see a female character doing a back flip or something intense without the proper support), and the lack of muscle, I get bored and frustrated with character design for female superheroes. 

It is painful and sad and unrealistic and frustrating. I get excited by characters like Red Sonja and Brienne of Tarth because they're believable (mostly) in their strength. Also, the access playing Brienne hits the gym hard to pull it off which I love. 

 

 

2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

How was the drag king show?! That sounds super fun!

 

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Interesting, one usually only hears about drag queens. I imagine it would be less flashy, with fewer sequins. Maybe they pour all their energies into super impressive beards? 

The Kings are super popular around here. There are some sequins, some added beards, it is more goofy and far less serious than a queens show. Lots of laughter, silly dances and songs, very down to earth, the kings were autographing the stomachs of two young (pre-teen) boys and totally hamming it up. Not sure what Kings shows are like in other cities, but our Kings group has a following at least as big as our Queens group. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love that you've got such an important why behind the weight loss work you're doing - and fingers crossed that the high blood pressure goes down to less high for you as a result of your hard work!

 

Drag Kings show sounds hilarious and awesome - don't know of anything like it in my city, but now I've got to explore and find out!

 

Does the RP app have a reverse diet / maintenance setting that you'll switch over to once the cut is done? Slash what's the plan there at the end of the 3 weeks?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JessFit said:

Brienne of Tarth because they're believable (mostly) in their strength. Also, the access playing Brienne hits the gym hard to pull it off which I love. 

You mean the love of my life, the beautiful and talented Gwendolyn Christie?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Does the RP app have a reverse diet / maintenance setting that you'll switch over to once the cut is done? Slash what's the plan there at the end of the 3 weeks?

Yep, the app will put me through 3 weeks (ish, it adjusts continually depending on the feedback I give it) of reverse before settling me in to maintenance. Maintenance is much less strict, but it also isn't "order pizza on Friday and eat leftover pizza every meal, all weekend, every weekend" like I was doing previously... They recommend one good cheat meal at the end of the cut and then minimal cheating until you're settled in to maintenance so as not to gain back what you've lost while your metabolism is still vulnerable from the cut induced trauma. (Yes, I'm being dramatic, it is a low carb day.) You can always do future cuts or mass phases but they suggest maintenance for at least as long as your cut was before another goal oriented phase. 

 

2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

You mean the love of my life, the beautiful and talented Gwendolyn Christie?

YASSSSSSSSSSSSSS <3 She is a QUEEN

Spoiler

Well, actually a knight, but she is a queen to me.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.