• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JessFit

JessFit goes full warrior

3 hours ago, JessFit said:

Thank you, I needed this!

I feel like I'm slacking this week, I've done hardly anything and skipped the gym all week. I'm also gaining weight, felling gross, and feeling exhausted. Last night I fell asleep on the couch at 5:15, woke up at 9, took out my contacts and brushed my teeth, and then went to bed. I woke up at 6:15 am. So 13 hours of sleep later and I'm still wiped out. I'm very cranky with myself over being such a lazy bum. I don't do lazy very well and I'm not particularly nice to myself. This weekend needs to be much more productive. 

The evidence points to exhausted rather than lazy :) 

Did a half-assed bench session on Friday. I've been steadily working on my chin-up work and I'm SO CLOSE! I get more than halfway up and get stuck. I had cupping done on Saturday, so I look like I made out with an octopus. I spent a chunk of this weekend packing for the move, I close a month from tomorrow! I've been really good about eating, but I'm still gaining weight. I think my metabolism is just done with my cut nonsense. If I were more than 2 days out, I'd totally go on maintenance, but at this point I'm only 2.5 days away from being done. 

Also, I did one of those baby foot peels and got to enjoy the end result of that this weekend. If you're someone who would enjoy that type of thing, I highly recommend it. Your feet end up super soft after, and the peeling is absurdly satisfying in a really gross way. 

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 9/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 16/15

3: Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 97.67%/95%  Weight: 149.7/148

4: Recovery and mobility. 10/15

5: Skincare 16/20

6: Projects half done 3/5

•  
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

WOO!!! That move is so close! Sorry to hear the cut feels like it's faltering weirdly at the end, but no matter what sounds like 10 weeks of straight up winning for you!

I tried checking out the RP diet app just to see what it would tell me, and WOW, do you have my respect. It had me with different macro breakdowns by meal on different days based on what I had put in, and that just seemed like entirely too much work and planning for me to do it well - mad props to you for managing to stick with it for 10 weeks straight!

22 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

WOO!!! That move is so close! Sorry to hear the cut feels like it's faltering weirdly at the end, but no matter what sounds like 10 weeks of straight up winning for you!

I tried checking out the RP diet app just to see what it would tell me, and WOW, do you have my respect. It had me with different macro breakdowns by meal on different days based on what I had put in, and that just seemed like entirely too much work and planning for me to do it well - mad props to you for managing to stick with it for 10 weeks straight!

I thought it was the simplest thing I've ever tried, due to the fact that it involves no math. I hate math. I hate trying to figure out how many grams of chicken I need to get my protein in, etc. It does all that for me and I adore it. 

I'm super heckin' thrilled that I stuck with 10 weeks of this cut. I'm also thrilled to be on to the next stages, this totally isn't the end, it is just a step in the journey. Next step: get as strong as possible. I've been slacking in other areas of the challenge, mostly because I've been packing for the move and working a lot. I'm happy with where I'm at. I get ANOTHER cannon weekend this weekend. Woohoo! I love LARPing the 1860s. Final cut progress pics (aka me in underwear) in spoilers. 

When I started this cut I saw people on the IG page posting about how much they had learned and I was like, "Cool, you're gonna learn a lot about macros." Well I completely underestimated what I learned, not only about macros, food sources, and timing but also about my own mental health and relationship with food. I used to be anorexic so this cut was a huge opportunity to battle some old demons, I've still got a lot of work to do with boredom eating though. I also observed a significant amount about how we as a society relate to and use food. We often equate food to love, but it has never been more obvious to me than it is now. My grandma was pissed that I didn't want to eat (store bought) cookies at her house. I went out to social events/bars/dinners with friends and didn't eat, I just hung out, and I got ridiculed for it... occasionally by my friends but extremely often from the servers. I got stressed this week and a well deserving coworker brought me gelato from the coffee shop here. Every holiday and birthday at work there are extremely not healthy treats, because we equate unhealthy foods with love and comfort. It is almost impossible to date or be social without either having to be strong enough to totally say "no" to the food and alcohol, or blow your diet. When you remove yourself from that part of society, it is odd to look at it, it drastically changes your perspective. 

I know this challenge isn't quite over, but I want to say thank you for all the support the past few weeks as I struggled through what has easily been the hardest part of my cut. Knowing that I had a safe and understanding place to vent as I worked toward my goals has been invaluable! Thank you!

Spoiler

IMG_8707.JPG.30b3dcd75a47962332439947ae73784c.JPGIMG_8652.jpg.bee7de31e625304bff404966c2c58eb8.jpg

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 9/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 16/15

3: DONE

Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 97.67%/95%  Weight: 149.7/148

5: Skincare 16/20

• Like 4

Woo for the end of the cut! Really great that you were able to get those insights - I was aware of culturally how prominent food (and drink) are for American celebrations, but hadn't really realized the extent til reading that whole reflection you wrote.

10 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Woo for the end of the cut! Really great that you were able to get those insights - I was aware of culturally how prominent food (and drink) are for American celebrations, but hadn't really realized the extent til reading that whole reflection you wrote.

I've been journaling about this for the past 6 weeks or so and I have a lot of thoughts about it all. Removing myself from the societal food merry go round has forced me to look at things very differently. For example: my cut is officially over so my coworkers want to go to a food truck for BBQ pulled pork cheese fries to celebrate my weight loss. I LOVE the sentiment, and I'm gonna have some fries, but it is hilarious that we're celebrating weight loss and cut adherence with junk food. The better part is, no one around me seems to think that this logic is flawed... I'm not judging, I realize that a few months ago I would have been in the same shoes as they are. Our society is rarely supportive of weight loss, they may be mentally supportive, but in the end that support doesn't often translate to actions. 

• Like 3

Excellent that you gained some insights about food and emotion and celebration. I guess there's nothing wrong with the occasional use of food for emotional reasons, but if we're doing it all the time, it probably means there's some need we're not really meeting. Hmmm. Something I have to work on, too. 

I'm super excited about your next step of getting as strong as possible! It's going to be wizard! 

Friday I lifted and packed for my weekend, Saturday and Sunday I was at an American Civil War Reenactment. I'm usually a Corporal in the Union Artillery, and this weekend was standard for that. I LOVE firing an 1860s cannon. We got a lot of rain, and it is much harder to push the cannon around in the mud, it does weigh about 1.5 tons... my cannon moving muscles are all really sore today. If ever you want a full body workout, let me, know, you can come push my cannon. I flirted with the generals, laughed at all the crass jokes, and jumped in puddles. It was a generally amazing weekend. Additionally, General Sherman invited me to be one of his aides in a Sherman focused national reenactment next spring! As far as life as a whole goes, this is not important, as far as reenacting goes, this is a HUGE honor. Particularly since I'm a female in uniform and we're generally less well respected. In addition to this amazing news, I totally had people come up to me this weekend and inform me that they didn't realize there was a woman on the field/in uniform until I started shouting commands to my cannon crew! As a busty and extremely feminine female, passing as a male is something that I really have to work at and I'm very excited that I once again successfully managed it. Now I just need to work on voice moderation so I sound deeper and more manly. Also I need to work on military commands, I'm not military so I tend to be bad at giving commands in a military manner. 

Challenge wrap up: I did ok, but not exceptional on my goals, but that is just fine. I still did more than I would have if I hadn't set goals and that is great. Life is going to get crazy so I'm going to take things a bit easier this next challenge round. Thanks for hanging out and supporting me on this challenge, it has been really appreciated! 

Goals:

1: Lifting sessions 11/12

2: Pull-up/Chin-up work 17/15

3: DONE

Greater than 95% compliance with the Renaissance Periodization diet. 97.67%/95%  Weight: 149.7/148

5: Skincare 17/20

New Challenge Time!

• Like 4