• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 56: Rebuilding A Solid Foundation

This challenge cycle I am grounded. GROUNDED, I TELLS YA. Unless DH has another surprise monster trip (spoiler alert: he may), or is in a space he needs the support - then all bets are off.

This cycle, I want to spend time rebuilding my own foundations, while taking the time to integrate our new member smoothly into the family. And that means that I have to be home and relatively not-super-slammed-busy to do so. This is also the last month it’ll be comfortable(ish) outside until like November, so I’d better live it up while I can, despite it being Ramadan for part of this cycle.

Foundations I’m Growing

Nutrition. Last cycle was all about tracking my gut health in my little app; this cycle will be about doing something about it.

As such, I will:

1. Find a nutritionist I can vibe with and at least get a consultation under my belt

2. Continue to not eat like an asshole

Physical Fitness. Last cycle was all about getting back to the thing my body really loves: yoga. This cycle, I’ll be adding more structure to that goal.

As such, I will:

1. Week 1: Attend 2 classes

2. Week 2: Attend 3 classes

3. Week 3: Attend 3 classes + 1 lifting day

4. Week 4: Attend 3 classes + 2 lifting days

Moar Fulfillment. I think I’m done coasting along doing the housewife thing. I need to find something else for me - if for no other reason than the more location-unspecific income streams I build now, the more likely my goal of being location independent and living my best life with DH is to happen.

As such, I will:

1. Concentrate on researching the 6 income streams I’ve found that look legit and don’t super involve me networking in-person, or having to sell my legit professional skills for pennies on the dollar, which just pisses me off to no damn end. Let’s break the mental stalemate I’ve had with this issue for the past - what? 3 years? ( more like 10) by switching courses. I’m not looking for full-time remote work here, I’m not looking to devalue my skillset by competing to the bottom with India and the unskilled network of bored mommies, and I’m not looking to earn another degree. I’m just looking to dick around in my spare time and slowly build some income streams. I don’t have to go HAM, I don’t have to make allthemoney or work to my potential; I just have to do something.

2. Take 1 little mini-course per week.

3. Also try to find local networks of people who do whatever it is I’m researching and ask them for guidance.

4. And spend some time each week trying to wrap my head around retirement monies, even though doing so puts me into a cold sweat - and makes my brain hurt. Mr. Money Mustache has a bunch of articles I’ve been meaning to sit down and digest for 3 years - I have nothing but time to do so. If this means I hate my laptop more and want a divorce from it finally, so be it (for reference: my current laptop is old af, has been fixed many a time, barely holds a charge - but is free, holds a bunch of resources for web development I forget how to recover, and I have a huge battle warring in my soul re: 13inches v 15inches. Creative me (graphic design that I may or may never get back into, web development, picture processing that I will probably get back into, video editing that I may actually try my hand at) needs 15 inches and moar processing power. Traveling me (copywriter/editor/whatever other little streams of low-skilled income I cobble together, traveler) needs something light and small enough that I’ll be comfortable carrying around in a backpack with the rest of my shit for days or miles at a time with a jacked shoulder. Hence a war. Inner me/outer me: current me/past me/future me. Sturm and drang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 13

17 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

MMM rocks socks.

Second

You have a bit of extra complication by being out of country, but overall I think people make retirement savings out to be much more complicated than it needs to be. My philosophy is to set aside as much in tax advantaged retirement accounts (such as 401ks and regular or ROTH IRAs) as you can and put it in low fee funds with decent returns. Don't try to play the stock market with retirement money, you do that with fun money you can afford to lose

• Like 2

I'll admit I love all of your travels....   But I understand the need to stay at home for a little bit.  Getting the little guy settled is a good plan!  

Yoga for the win!!!!  

• Like 1

It’s still Zero Week, technically, so I’m not pasting goal recaps and checklists yet - just updates.

Monday

Girlfriends came over to meet puppy and catch up - brought brunch

Walked around in the afternoon, forgot to eat lunch - grabbed a few nuts

Dinner with DH’s coworkers at the wing place

185a24d11f5fb131f72845d430061e2c.jpg

Tuesday

Breakfast group
Walked to the mall with a girlfriend - it’s 91 here all of a damn sudden
Skipped lunch and cooked for the breakfast I’m supposed to host tomorrow (which may actually not happen after all)
Dinner was grab n go chicken with cranberries & rice and a fruit cup for dessert
b3716a48fa52c024a7b0da085ab289d8.jpg
Snuggled these guys
98dfbf0ae2d1acd8422c09b505c0757b.jpg
Caught up on some videos

• Like 5

Don't forget the big QDC trip before Ramadan!

No freakin doubt - even with the huge price increase! Stocking up on at least 1 bottle bubbly and some boxed wine I can turn into a spritzer :)

Congrats on the new furry friend! So adorable the two of them!

Sticking around for yoga fun. Do you have a preference on style? Goal poses?

I prefer a nice fast vinyasa, but my body is currently more comfortable with a slow Yin practice.

Short-term goals: get back to being able to use my damn wrist

Longer-term goals: get back to the crow/wheel/bird of paradise/headstand level

Future goals: moar crazy flys and balances and maaaaaaaaaaybe working toward teacher training

• Like 2

Hey! I conned another IRL person into joking the Rebellion!

I’m so freakin proud of her for starting a challenge thread: meet CYO, peeps of the Internets!

CYO's First Challenge :)
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?share_fid=26425&share_tid=113595&url=https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/113595-CYO%27s-First-Challenge-%3A%29&share_type=t

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Oooh flying crow is just about the prettiest thing out there, but so out of reach for me! I had to look up bird of paradise - holy hip mobility batman!

I used to do strictly yin, but have been moving toward faster flows and quite enjoy it.

Yay recruitment!

• Like 1

Oooh flying crow is just about the prettiest thing out there, but so out of reach for me! I had to look up bird of paradise - holy hip mobility batman!

I used to do strictly yin, but have been moving toward faster flows and quite enjoy it.

Yay recruitment!

You never know!

I’m suuuuuper far from even normal crow right now, but anything is possible with practice!

This morning, my shoulders feel like garbage - aaaaand I think new pup is somewhat the cause. Mr. Man doesn’t think he can jump up on the couch or bed by himself and is so very patient when he waits to be picked up, usually by me, and usually by leaning just enough over the bed to reach him - so all shoulders picking up 4.6kg of long boi.

It’s good for me :)

• Like 2

Wednesday

Puppy brunch fell through - ate the foods I made anyways - went to yoga.

Also was talked into Dip n Dip for dinner by DH’s coworkers.

15e89c833886ad802339bba4d530a7c6.jpg

#adulting

Thursday

Girlfriend came over to meet pup and we hung out in the couch chatting all morning.

She left just in time for me to hit my monthly wine brunch, which I’m super glad I didn’t end up missing after all. I would have missed my ladies. Plus, LaSpiga was pretty good.

Left that and rolled to the Mexican place with DH and his coworkers -

Was drunkish and had 2 more cocktails

Came home, watched some Van Helsing, went to bed

20400cac6fd913fc82c582cf323c1044.jpg

• Like 7

9 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

It’s good for me

This reminds me of the one where you buy a baby pig and carry it up a mountain and sing to it while it drinks from the stream and carry it back down every day until the pig is grown and you're buff af.

• Like 2

This reminds me of the one where you buy a baby pig and carry it up a mountain and sing to it while it drinks from the stream and carry it back down every day until the pig is grown and you're buff af.

kind of apropos given he’s a little piggie - but that still doesn’t sound like the *worst* workout

• Like 2

Friday

Up at a decent hour, watched some videos and snuggled pups, breakfast was the last of the soy yogurt + citrus curd.

Off to yoga where I could barely breathe from pollen and was weak af.

Grocery shopped for game night appetizers, came home & cooked chicken.

Lunch was ground chicken with salt, pepper, oregano & mustard powder + stir fry veggies

Post lunch snack was a baggie of pop chips

Dinner was delivery beef noodles with dashi + duck gyoza

Currently sneezing my damn brains out and watching Sabrina.
b8dfeb245886a625951a907df5dc1ad4.jpg

And y’all thought just 1 wiener was cute:
26829a3f0839aaa9b0f943297ea6faca.jpg
edf223a925bb820e9a45e4c612df5b6e.jpg

• Like 8

Saturday

Snuggled pups

Breakfast was an egg/avo/turkey bacon burrito

Had popcorn with butter & masala mix for lunch

Game night with friends - played Unstable Unicorns, which I recommend

Brought a vegan Tzatziki sauce with veggies + layered hummus with pretzels. Dinner was roast chicken with veggies & dessert was a crazy good peanut butter chip brownie. We also had salted licorice.

And wine. Plus some weird liquor made from fruit elephants get drunk on.

5cd3297fd6e255ac03b570a9a94d2f77.jpg

Sunday

Felt like pooooooooooooooop - scratchy throat; generally feel beat up.

Sick or pollen?

Lunch was curry shrimp with rice & roti + puri + an amuse thing that was like an awesome chip

Grocery shopping

Napped when I got home

Deli egg curry (a few bites) for dinner

Just had some pretzels - May or may not eat my Reese’s egg before bed

• Like 5

20 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Felt like pooooooooooooooop - scratchy throat; generally feel beat up.

Sick or pollen?

That's always the worst to figure out. I hope whatever is causing the general grossness goes away soon!

• Like 1

Monday

Throat still rough so I bailed on yoga and had a girlfriend over for coffee instead.

Split an orange with the pups and had pretzels for breakfast

Lunch was a ground chicken/avocado/cherry tomato bowl

Dinner was a ground chicken/mushroom/kimchi bowl

Had popcorn with masala spice for a snack while finishing off Sabrina

And had my Easter egg to celebrate DH and my 13th wedding anniversary.

Also to get that snack out of the house before we go celebrate with steak this weekend

25cd50726c976a16fb5c9ab93a572232.jpg

• Like 5