• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

darkfoxx

Darkfoxx 56: Rebuilding A Solid Foundation

13 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

I think I’ll focus on building that base stronger before adding on next challenge.

Very wise

• Like 2

17 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

the entire reason for moving them into cloud storage was for the eventuality of the hard drives crashing.

Which of course sends my brain into an existential crisis about the impermanence of possessions and the nature of memory

I have had this exact tailspin!

• Like 1

Monday

Overnight oats for breakfast

Lunch was salmon + roasted sweet potatoes, carrots, eggplant & okra with honey mustard dill sauce

Yoga

Dinner was salmon and rice + roasted eggplant & okra with honey miso soy dressing

Rice cracker snack

3c65441ba64ba558be6752fab8be4c2f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Tuesday

Coffee Group

Mall walk

Rice crackers for a laaaaaate “lunch”

Pup walk

Dinner was the last of the salmon + roasted veg + honey mustard dill dressing

More rice crackers after dinner for a snack

5014a03836be5136a641fea4cc8540ed.jpg

• Like 5

Wednesday

Wednesday Group and behaved myself at a buffet breakfast

Bought my rail pass - Qatar’s metro opened 1 line yesterday - Whoo hoo! Now if only I didn’t need to take a feeder bus to access it ...

Skipped lunch

Yoga

Dinner was flank steak & mushrooms + wine because I came home to DH warning me that the assholes opened and spilled my $80 box of wine ...

bfcd94e9e04f61a81f49af15124038ae.jpg

• Like 3

Thursday

Overnight oats & peanut butter for breakfast

Finally broke down and went to the doctor about my cough and came back with steroid nasal spray + a steroid inhaler because she didn’t like my lung power numbers.

I’ve got to go back next week to re-test; hoping it’s not Doha-related asthma (which is a common thing here)

Lunch was the leftover flank steak + a rice packet + kimchi

A girlfriend came over to catch up with the pups

DH came home wanting delivery, so after a 1:30 wait on our damn delivery (yay Ramadan), we got way more food than we thought we’d be getting - had grilled chicken thighs, a bite of rice, 8 fries & a pita

1deef2b8593c4f773fade7603f81903e.jpg

• Like 4

Friday

Overnight oats

DH took the day off, so I prioritized hanging out with friends over yoga, since we won’t all get to hang out together for over a month because of travel.

Lunch was a nice burger & fries somewhere that usually sells alcohol

Tried going to an escape room after, forgot all fun is also cancelled during the day during Ramadan

Pup snuggles & SmashUp instead

Friends went home, we walked the pups and grabbed light food at Graze for dinner

Had cold (overcooked) salmon, steamed veggies & lemon vinaigrette for dinner

808eb0984725098f33dfb63654a8c0b8.jpg

• Like 2

Saturday

Brunch out - had a club sandwich that was more of a chicken/egg/bacon sandwich on a huge roll. Skipped the side of potatoes, only having 3 or so bites.

Booked my travel to join DH on business for a week.

Mall walk and unsuccessful trip to ACE Hardware for bricks or something heavy to weight down the fake grass we bought the pups.

DH ordered McDonalds for dinner - I couldn’t make a decision on what I wanted, so I had the leftover chicken kebab the Turkish place slipped into my bag for free the last time we ordered takeout.

18a9bcfcfcfbab2c727e7db76d3fe920.jpg

Our Netflix just got Tiny House Nation, so we binged on that instead of starting the 2nd season of the OA, which DH isn’t really paying attention to anyway.

• Like 1

Sunday

DH left for a 3-week trip, so that was fun.

Overnight oats & peanut butter for breakfast

Lunch was a Reese’s Rabbit

Dinner-ish was so a with an eggplant sauce I’m working on

Snack was corn nuts

Then I was hungry again and had the sweet potato brownie DH bought but didn’t eat Friday

ba8c67b23ad3e2d67505b520d7a44ef8.jpg

Week 3? 2?

Nutrition

Did I?

1. Find a nutritionist I can vibe with and at least get a consultation under my belt

Scheduled a second consult for tomorrow with a local dietician

2. Continue to not eat like an asshole

Tried - ate sweets, but that’s what I had in the house and y’all know how much I hate spending $ on food when I’m alone

Physical Fitness

Did I?

1. Week 1: Attend 2 classes
2. Week 2: Attend 3 classes
3. Week 3: Attend 3 classes + 1 lifting day

Nope - had already decided last week to not add the lifting days in this Cycle; skipped day 3 to spend time with DH and friends I don’t get to see as much

Moar Fulfillment

Did I?

1. Research one of the identified potential income streams.
2. Take 1 little mini-course per week.
3. Try to find local networks of people who do whatever it is I’m researching and ask them for guidance.
4. Spend some time each week trying to wrap my head around retirement monies.

None of this - gave up again on the $ thing; should still do retirement shit, but it makes my head hurt and I didn’t wanna

• Like 4

19 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

retirement

My retirement plan is very simple.  I'm going to keep working until I fall over dead, hopefully at a very old age and possibly as a Walmart greeter.  I expect a video of my sudden but inevitable demise to go viral.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Cheetah said:

My retirement plan is very simple.  I'm going to keep working until I fall over dead, hopefully at a very old age and possibly as a Walmart greeter.  I expect a video of my sudden but inevitable demise to go viral.

Haha! I thought that way for the longest time. Only recently have I started to wistfully think about not working and it seems like something I want now. That would be really weird for my younger self.

• Like 1

Haha! I thought that way for the longest time. Only recently have I started to wistfully think about not working and it seems like something I want now. That would be really weird for my younger self.

Me too! My younger self would have quailed at voluntarily not working - but life’s twists have made that less of a completely foreign idea.

• Like 1

Monday

Dietician appointment 1 (local): she was nice, but I want to find out what’s really going on with my body - I want tests and data, not another round with FODMAP

Yoga

9f99b9f7b5816b91812265e7c8afb408.jpg

Tuesday

Tuesday group, walked around the mall
75194958cd7223eb54de7c9235997ea7.jpg

Wednesday

A different Wednesday Group, a small mall walk, yoga, dietician meeting 2 (US) - she offers exactly what I want - but getting the testing done locally is the issue

f70d47168835d108c3164fab9b130aa3.jpg

• Like 4

What is your favorite thing to put on popcorn?  I load mine up with black pepper, which my beautiful wife thinks is weird but actually is amazing.

What is your favorite thing to put on popcorn?  I load mine up with black pepper, which my beautiful wife thinks is weird but actually is amazing.

Ooh. Black pepper popcorn is delicious!

My current faves are a Tablespoon of melted butter, as fine a grind salt as possible, and either furikake or Chana masala mix - but I’ll take popcorn however I can get it!

I need to go back to popping my own instead of relying on the convenience of bagged - especially since my taste buds are now hella unhappy with the fake butter kind I used to loooooove.

• Like 3

Thursday

Back to the doc - failed my breath test, despite the numbers being up. We’re looking at probable Doha-related asthma. Boo. The cough still hasn’t cleared (though it’s a bunch better), and with my upcoming travel the doc doesn’t want to take chances of it getting worse again.

So, she sent me home with the directive to up my inhaler puffs, use the nasal spray before takeoff on the plane, and start taking the antibiotics she gave me if the cough gets worse again. Plus, use the rescue inhaler I now have if my chest gets really tight.

Fun stuff.

Also made an appointment with a functional medicine guy who also doubles as a chiropractor because he’s into testing and data for my digestive issues - that guy doesn’t have openings until the last day of Ramadan.

Then I hit the grocery, made a kohlrabi/beet/prawn/red cabbage/grapefruit/tamarind/lime salad to take to my wine brunch. Wine brunched till midnight.

Came home and snuggled pups in bed.

fd0d435036f833320731dec393b7a1f9.jpg

Friday

Bailed on yoga because I was hung over and just wanted to snuggle pups.

Napped on the couch all day with said pups.

Ate leftover protein pasta/tuna/tomato/nutritional yeast for both lunch & dinner

I may be able to eat up all my leftovers before I leave Sunday; but may just miss it - I’m going to a friends for lunch tomorrow.

1695e4ba660e5f7f4ad1c2aff533f011.jpg

• Like 3

And my desire to move to The Sandpit is even less now.

Awww c’mon - crunchy air is greaaaaaat

• Like 1

Saturday

More shortbread biscuits with my coffee

Packed

Had date balls because I was starving again and lunch wasn’t until 1

Went to a friends house for lunch with pups in tow - salmon, frozen veg, a potato, a bit of lentils

Played Rummikub and had forgotten how much I love that game

Snacked on Finnish licorice

Strolled the new grocery in the neighborhood and was way too excited about it

Dinner was the last of the leftover tuna pasta + the best bits of the leftover prawn salad

639f5ed83c4b7befb55e83d1fac3587b.jpg

• Like 1

Sunday

Damn those shortbread biscuits are nice in my fake coffee

Travel day: second breakfast buffet

Lunch plane snack - that I’m happy to report actually doesn’t have garbage in it. Tons of salt, but not too heavy on the fake foods front

Dinner was delivery shawarma over hummus made into little tacos with the Lebanese bread it came with

Resisted the evil Chicken Biscuits & Cheese Whiz DH stocked the hotel with. Also the Pringles. And the Chex Mix - bastard got all my faves but popcorn

124f0b2c1e0d35ff3330e861228c962f.jpg

Went to bed hella early because DH is currently getting up at 4, woke up the last time out of a dream I was just about to get cut in half by an elevator in. Which might be my actual worst nightmare death scenario - the weird death one, at least. I’m glad I woke up because I couldn’t decide what type of squish was going to happen and what I should be feeling - was hella pissed at the onlookers who were frozen in horror - the dude that tried helping but had no leverage and couldn’t figure out how to angle his body to pull was also annoying.

Excited that the dog place hasn’t called to evict my little hellions yet.

• Like 3

Week 4 & Overall

Nutrition

Did I?

1. Find a nutritionist I can vibe with and at least get a consultation under my belt

Had a consult with a second nutritionist I really liked but who is in the US, so I can’t really go with; booked a consult with a third who may be similar in focus to her.

2. Continue to not eat like an asshole

Tried minus monthly wine lunch day. Mostly succeeded overall - went back to tracking via MFP, stuck around the right number of calories.

Physical Fitness

Did I?

1. Week 1: Attend 2 classes

Yep

2. Week 2: Attend 3 classes

Yep

3. Week 3: Attend 3 classes + 1 lifting day

Only 2 - bailed on the lifting goal due to fatigue

4. Week 4: Attend 3 classes + 2 lifting days

Nope - only got in 2 again this week; had previously bailed on the lifting goal

Moar Fulfillment

Did I?

1. Research one of the identified potential income streams.

I did, and couldn’t handle the sales funnel copy so bailed on that

2. Take 1 little mini-course per week.

See above - I was not paying this woman $250

3. Try to find local networks of people who do whatever it is I’m researching and ask them for guidance.

Nope

4. Spend some time each week trying to wrap my head around retirement monies.

Nope - this will be a repeat goal - I did jack here

New challenge coming soon - lemme think on it a bit

• Like 4

Well done, I kinda hope you get your challenge up soon, but I kinda want to go looking for side eye gifs...

I’m thinking I’m thinking

• Like 1