• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra creates Activation Energy!!!

Activation Energy is the energy needed to start something new.  

giphy.gif

I really need to get myself moving in the right direction again so what will it take???  Something big needs to happen to get me motivated and moving...  But a few things have happened to provide motivation and I know that I am not happy with my fitness levels, strength levels and my clothes are getting tight.  THIS MUST CHANGE!!!  I need a BIG goal, something explosive, something exciting!!!  

• Like 4

giphy.gif

How to kick my ass into gear in three simple steps! 

1. Study and complete my GGS-1 certificate!  DEADLINE ->> May 10th for Chapter 1!  Then start on Chapter 2! 
  2. Every day I need to move more...  More BJJ!  More Conditioning class. More walking the dogs! More hiking! More yoga!!!  Just freaking move Terra!  
  3. Don't eat like a dumb ass!  

Bonus stuff: gratitude, time spent with my family, getting out and supporting my friends.

That is it. 

• Like 3

I know you've got at least one big goal! Look forward to seeing how you structure the challenge.

Posted above but repeated here because I'm a slacker!

How to kick my ass into gear in three simple steps! 

1. Study and complete my GGS-1 certificate!  DEADLINE ->> May 10th for Chapter 1!  Then start on Chapter 2! 
  2. Every day I need to move more...  More BJJ!  More Conditioning class. More walking the dogs! More hiking! More yoga!!!  Just freaking move Terra!  
  3. Don't eat like a dumb ass!  

Bonus stuff: gratitude, time spent with my family, getting out and supporting my friends.  Oh and decluttering too!  

That is it.  Should be simple. But simple doesn't exist in my life anymore.  I've still got that one friend who is just being totally wierd and pissing me off.  I'm trying to get myself into a new job and having some success.  May 11th I'm hosting a huge 50th birthday party for my hubby and professor.  I'm going to support my friend next week by going to a painting night.  I'm debating canceling on book club because I hate the book this month (again!!!) and I thought that I was bringing the next book to read but they asked someone else....  (WTF?  think they are scared because none of these typical book club books are my kind of reading. :friendly_wink:

And now I'm off to take Titanium Mickey to ABQ since here ortho appointment is at 8am tomorrow morning. <whoosh> 

• Like 5

about the book club

that doesn't sound very democratic.  Maybe I'm missing something, but why be part of a book club like that if you never get the chance to select YOU enjoy... ?...

as for the THEME.

simple Never is!* Give it your Best shot and we'll all be here ready to read all about it...

(*though since you've visited my feed; I'm totally AVID these days for hiking; so I second that sincerely!...)

• Like 2

About the book club: i know just too well how aggravatin people with selective amnesia can be. Do be kind to yourself there, it's not good if you always swallow your anger. Stand up for my friend at least some of the time, ok friend?
We got your back!

send from my new phone, bear with me.

• Like 2

Turns out that the book club person in charge didn't think that they were serious about me picking the book this month. :rolleyes:  But she also missed last month's gathering and the larger more serious conversation, so she was out of the loop.  What ever...  I have to choose between book club and BJJ class on Thursday, honestly BJJ is looking pretty good right now.  I'll be missing class on Wednesday night to go painting with a friend who gets her post surgery care plan for cancer that day.  She needs my support!!!  

On 4/18/2019 at 7:12 PM, Xena said:

1. Skip book club. It sounds sucky.

On 4/18/2019 at 7:14 PM, TGP said:

about the book club

that doesn't sound very democratic.  Maybe I'm missing something, but why be part of a book club like that if you never get the chance to select YOU enjoy... ?...

On 4/19/2019 at 2:17 AM, Morag said:

About the book club: i know just too well how aggravatin people with selective amnesia can be. Do be kind to yourself there, it's not good if you always swallow your anger. Stand up for my friend at least some of the time, ok friend?

I think the book club is new enough they are trying to figure things out and like I mentioned above the organizer didn't know about the bigger, more recent conversation.  I wanted to be part of it so I would read some different types of books.  Its good for me to try to stretch out of my comfort zone, but three books that I have to painfully force myself to read is making it not so much fun for me.  I am honestly considering if this is something I want to continue doing...  There are a couple of friends who I don't see at any other social situations and that is what has me hanging around, for now.  

Challenge goals update:  I got started on chapter 1.3 this weekend.  Overall its is just a hard chapter for me because it is all the touchy, feely stuff that a good coach needs to know about when running a business. Some of it really touches a personal nerve with me and some of it is "well duh!" So the studying is a challenge right now.  I just need to get through the book so I can take the first chapter test by May 10th.  I moved everyday last week except for Thursday.  Thursday was work in front of a computer and a drive to ABQ which took most of the day.  I am not eating like an idiot.  However I can make better food choices and that is my mini goal for this week. I will focus on protein and veggies for this week.  

Weekly plan:

Monday - BJJ and/or conditioning class

Tuesday - BJJ or walk the dogs

Wednesday - painting with friends and yoga stretching at home before bed

Thursday -  BJJ (or book club)

Friday - BJJ and conditioning class

Saturday - Teach basic BJJ and Teens BJJ classes; watch Endgame 

Sunday - walk/hike and yard work and laundry/house cleaning0

And I'm off and running for week 1 - Wahoo! 

1*AZHhCobmks9vT2vWYN0kww.gif

• Like 8

Makes sense about book club.

Just get through that chapter and move on. You can do it!

• Like 1

I regret my choice of food at lunch.  I could have had purple potatoes with my chicken, but I choose rice instead.  A salad would have been even better!  

I've let the hostess know I may not be going to book club this week. 

I went to BJJ last night, but didn't stay for conditioning class.  I talked with Titanium Mickey.  She is having a hard time in the adult BJJ class.  She is 14, female and still not able to participate 100% because of her knee.  It is a hard situation to be in...  So, how can I be supportive of her (and of myself) without making a fuss?   I'm off to ponder that some... 

This week professor is focusing on position control, which I love so I want to go to all the classes now....  Wahoo!  

Work is a struggle.  I'm essentially working two jobs.  One of which I don't expect to see anything positive out of this year.  The other I want to get through the next month before I ask/decide to make it a permanent change.  So far I have become the procedure writer extraordinaire.  They can't do the work without the updated procedures in place.  However I will be in charge of walking down the procedures before any work can be done.  And then I will get to direct the work.  Its all good and I like the job so far.  Just waiting to be sure I enjoy it before I make it more permanent.  

d8opamt-5868b595-e383-4677-a875-e8b92a13

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Xena said:

Does she like BJJ when it's at an age/size-appropriate level?

Yes she does. There isn't a teens class other than the one my hubby and I teach on Saturday mornings.  And we don't have a women only class either.  <sigh>

Did BJJ class last night.  Came home with a painful calf cramp that is so bad its affecting my walking.  I took an epsom salt bath last night and and have tried some self massage.  I walking today but it sure is painful.  I might need to look into a massage this weekend....  

• Like 4

Wednesday night painting with my girlfriends!  Thursday night BJJ class.  Friday BJJ and conditioning class (abs and arms!) It looks to be a lovely weekend.  BJJ tomorrow morning.  Endgame tickets in the afternoon.  Hike on Sunday morning and a bucket of balls at the golf course.    I get to spend most of next week learning more stuff about my new job.  

tenor.gif?itemid=12538894

Wahoo!  Activation Energy for the win!!!  

• Like 5

My plan posted above worked till Sunday.  And then I got messed up with a hockey game on Sunday night (I thought it was tonight) that overlapped with GoT.  It was a really lovely Sunday and I didn't get out of the house much.  :frown-new:   The hubby left in the afternoon and I turned into a lump on the couch.  Perhaps I needed that but it wasn't what I wanted to do.  Although I did fix my reading couch (it has a broken spring)  

I just have to say that Friday hockey loss, Saturday Endgame, Sunday GoT and a high scoring hockey win made for an overly emotional weekend!!!  I'm kind of exhausted and looking forward to the calm of working on procedures at work today.  Of course that will be interrupted by learning opportunities as I pulled into watch my coworkers do tasks I need to be able to do in a month or so....  

• Like 4

Work was a little more calm and boring than expected yesterday.  I didn't get out of my office at all and then the one time they wanted to pull me into the field today is the one time I have a meeting that I can't get out of...  

giphy.gif

I made it to BJJ class last night, but I didn't stay for the conditioning class.  Titanium Mickey came to BJJ with me and then we went to the store for standardized testing snacks.  We ate a simple meal and I went to bed early.  Big win of the night was that my Mickey girl got on the mat and practiced one of the techniques with me.  The doctor doesn't want her on the mat doing all the crazy knee twisting that he associated with BJJ, but this was totally something she could do and I was very happy to let her choke me!  

Sometimes I forget what my goals are for a challenge.  I looked just now and it was a good reminder!  I haven't been studying.  But I need to get through a couple of sub-chapters in the next two weeks.  So tonight I will try to spend at least 5 minutes (because I can do anything for 5 minutes, right?) studying tonight.   I don't plan on any exercise other than yoga/stationary bike tonight.  I'm going to spend the time with my girls.  They want to work on babysitting business cards and french braiding.   It's one thing to braid someone else's hair but it's much harder to braid your own...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2g57cXO-2Q

Food  - let's talk about food.  I have been tracking my hormone cycles fairly closely the last year.  I believe that I am perimenopausal so it has been funky at times.  But what I have also noticed is that one week out of my cycle I am a complete mess when it comes to food choices.  I make poor choices for my health and often overeat.  That week is this week.  I made some not so great choices last night.  However, recognizing that this happens is half the battle.  Tonight we will be making a shrimp spring roll wrapped in collard greens rather that rice paper. Although I think I have rice paper if the girls want to use that too.  I'm excited to make these with my girls.  With any luck I can get Baby Black Widow to at least give it a try...  

OK that's my update.  Lots on my plate for today but mostly positive things.  And I am grateful for that!!!  

• Like 6

Titanium Mickey was not feeling good and therefore shrimp was a no-go.    And then I just flat overate last night...  UGH . WE really didn't do much of anything productive.  I watched hockey.  

Well that was one hell of a slump yesterday.  Time to get over that shit and move on with my life.  Getting things moving in the right direction and making those habits that I need/want.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5115439

• Like 4

Love that you were able to work on some moves with Titanium Mickey. It's lucky that she has someone like you (experienced both in BJJ and knee injuries!!) who can help her make decisions about which moves are safe to try.

Figuring out the rhythms of your hunger and cravings is super important. You'll be able to test out different approaches and find something that works.

I know what you mean about revisiting the challenge goals. Sometimes I forget too. It's helpful to look back at our goals as well as progress and motivations. Otherwise it's easy to focus too much on the small picture.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Terra said:

Well that was one hell of a slump yesterday.  Time to get over that shit and move on with my life.  Getting things moving in the right direction and making those habits that I need/want.  

Great attitude. And as you keep going and getting more information about yourself and more strategies to deal with things this will only get better.

• Like 1

Wednesday night we had a misunderstanding and I got mad at titanium Mickey for not communicating. But it was also a good learning moment.  In the end we stayed home, made the yummy spring rolls and got house stuff cleaned up.  I went to bed fairly early.  It was good.  Yesterday I felt like a totally different person!!! 

Yesterday I took off the afternoon to get my hair done and now I'm working on my friday off to make up the hours.  My hair looks lovely and we discussed techniques to encourage the natural curls despite the fact that my hair is almost to my waist.  Today is a bit of a mess.  I took a cat to the vet for gastro issues, my hubby's ride home is flaking out on him, and my parents arrive this afternoon.  I'm not sure what I'm feeding them for dinner...  Might be ordering pizzas tonight.  

giphy-downsized.gif

• Like 3