• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Terra

Terra creates Activation Energy!!!

It is always so energy intensive when when dealing with families.   I love my parents and family but it's a lot of work to entertain everyone and find balance.  I won't get into details but it was emotionally exhausting.  And on top of my parents being in town, the hubby's step-dad fell, broke several parts of his skull around the eye socket, has a concussion and they are watching him for complications.  Hubbys mom didn't call to let us know...  yet again we hear all about this from his sister's facebook posts.  This is the man who raised my hubby, what the hell is wrong with these people?!?!?  And when his mom did send a text with some information she sent it to my hubby and someone she works with....  She never once called.  

I've been reading a book about hormone changes/effects and some food modifications that might help me balance things as I enter perimenopause.  I made a very conscious choice to read this book rather than study for my cert.  I won't be making the first deadline of May 10th finishing chapter one, but I hope this was a good choice for me.  I have noticed a few things in the last couple of weeks that really have clicked for me,  It's like a new puzzle and I'm fitting a few pieces together finally.  I am learning that while keto is helpful it is hard to sustain when the majority of the foods you eat are acidic.  So if I can add in more alkaline foods my body is happier.  I think last weeks spring roll night was a good example of this.  I got in more alkaline foods like the collard greens, cucumber, carrots and shrimp.  I felt an immediate boost in energy and positive emotions.  This has me looking to change up my typical breakfast of eggs and bacon to something that is less acidic.  The book recommends green protein smoothies.  I'm going to give it a shot.  I have lots of greens to play with in my foods this week.  

The hubby is heading out for another work trip tonight.  It's always hard to have him gone but back to back weeks are always extra sucky!   He is such a good help around the house that I miss him so much!!!  

This week's plan is simple.  Prep for the big birthday party on Saturday.  Play with alkaline foods.  Get to a few BJJ classes, aiming for 3.  Encourage Titanium Mickey to do what the physical therapist asked her to do.  Spend time with Baby Black Widow, she is entering a rough age and is already stressing about middle school in the fall.  Get plenty of sleep.  Anything more than this is icing on the cake.  I'd like to keep watching my team play hockey (tonight and wednesday are must win games or their season is over) and I'll try to re-watch that latest GoT episode since I was interrupted so many times last night.  Perhaps I need to ride the stationary bike while watching hockey...  

That was much less exercise focused and more health (mental and physical) related for my check in but since they all are part of the big picture...  its all good!  

Alright let's get this week started right! 

tenor.gif?itemid=14024445

• Like 5

Sorry to hear about your husband's step-dad! I agree, it's quite obnoxious not to be kept in the loop with such important things. My dad is the same way; he always just assumed everyone already knows everything and he doesn't have to tell us (to be slightly fair, my mom has a serious problem with oversharing because she's desperate to pretend we're all close, so sometimes he's right). Maybe when things are a little calmer, you can gently ask them to reach out more about serious issues? Hopefully they'd be receptive to that!

Sounds like you have a good plan for the week though! Best of luck with it all!

• Like 1

I made Monday night BJJ class with the hubby.  He left right after class and won't be back till Friday.  I'm waffling on tonight's class.  So this means I need accountability...  I'll go to BJJ class tonight and let everyone know of my success.  I'm missing conditioning class a lot lately, but the time is better spent at home with my girls not to mention when the hubby is gone there is more work for me at home.  

Hockey game on Monday night was won.  GoT was rewatched last night.  Game 7 is tonight.  Who ever wins tonight keeps playing hockey and the loser goes home.  BJJ class, then home to make dinner and watch hockey.  Maybe I can convince my girls to watch with me...   I need to fold laundry for one period and ride the bike for one period during the game. 

I started the new alkaline keto eating today.  I have always been hesitant to start the day off with a smoothie.  So I choose a interesting and complicated recipe to try for day 1.  It tasted a little green, but it was manageable.  I had a busy morning and didn't think about food at all.  Thats a good sign.  Of course the real test is what happens on a boring morning at work where I am just sitting at my desk doing boring things.  Lunch right now is a yummy big salad.  So i'm off to a good start!  

As for my hubby's family, they just need to learn how to communicate, period!  

And work has been fun this week.  I've been working in the firing sites and learning the fun part of my new job.  I wish I was a little better versed in electrical engineering but otherwise it is going great.  

Jqz5vo.gif

• Like 1

I went to class last night.  My hockey team lost last night.  It was an amazing run and I'm OK with it all.  And now I get my evenings back.  Perhaps it is a good thing that I don't get most of the regular season games on my TV....  

I've been thinking about work and that job application to really be the test engineer, not just doing it in a temp/50% time situation...  More thoughts on that later....  

• Like 3

Birthday party prep is in full swing!!!  Cakes are done!  Meat is ready for the smoker (two briskets and two pork roasts) I'll make a GF cake tonight.  Tomorrow will be a day of cleaning and prep.  Wish it was going to be a little warmer, but at least there is no snow in tomorrow's forecast.  (it snowed here today!!!) Hopefully we have a fun party and DON'T blow anything up.  

giphy.gif

• Like 3

On 5/6/2019 at 11:05 AM, Terra said:

This week's plan is simple.  Prep for the big birthday party on Saturday.  Play with alkaline foods.  Get to a few BJJ classes, aiming for 3.  Encourage Titanium Mickey to do what the physical therapist asked her to do.  Spend time with Baby Black Widow, she is entering a rough age and is already stressing about middle school in the fall.  Get plenty of sleep.  Anything more than this is icing on the cake. 

Doesn't sound all that simple, but you are nailing it! Hope you all have a great time at the party!

• Like 1

The party was a great success.  Mother's day was a bit of a let down.  And i am old enough that I am hurting today because I slept wrong.   

This weeks is a little simpler...  The hubby has limited travel for the next month or so, YEAH!!!  Girls are wrapping up at school.  My youngest is finishing lots of stuff while the older one has finals.  I'll have to see how much I can do with my stiff neck but I'd like to go to several classes this week but at least I need to walk or bike if the neck keeps me away from the gym.  

I'm starting the green-keto alkaline diet in earnest this week.  I thought I would hate having a green smoothie for breakfast and that I would be dying of hunger by lunch, but I'm not.  And I absolutely feel better when I eat more greens.  Lunch today is a yummy large salad with lots of goodies.  I planned out dinners for the week to best use the pork leftovers from the party.  Tonight is pork burritos.  

84633373.gif

• Like 4

Hope the neck feels better soon!

Sorry mother's day wasn't the best. I guess it would be hard to compete with the party, and maybe frustrating because you put so much work into making that happen. I hope another day rolls around soon that makes up for it.

• Like 1

And now my brain is making me question EVERYTHING!!!  I'm working on a formal application to the half-time position that I am working, the engineering position versus the analysis writing I've been doing for years.  But my brain keeps telling me I am in over my head and I'm not good enough.  WTF???  My old group is just a complete mess right now and I really need to remove myself from that environment.  However I am questioning my ability to function and thrive in this new job.  UGH!  

1aa417bc758f7fa25ecd7e7aece95c981bd118f3

This is so me today!!!  

I tried to do BJJ last night but I couldn't.  Professor adjusted my neck after class and I'm moving better today.  I will spend my evening with my girls and relaxing!  Tomorrow I will try class again and professor promised to do another adjustment.  Adjustments always freak me out, but I'm not in constant pain today!!!  

• Like 2

Terra, you can totally do that job. You are already working toward doing that job. You might not know all the tricks and details of it yet, but you can definitely learn. And what's the harm of putting in an application? Even if you didn't get the job, it would signal that you were open to new opportunities, and people would keep you in mind next time something came up.

What would you say to some other person who was expressing similar doubts?

• Like 1

^ Imposter Syndrome is a bitch, but don’t listen to that ish! You’ve got this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, Xena said:

Terra, you can totally do that job. You are already working toward doing that job. You might not know all the tricks and details of it yet, but you can definitely learn. And what's the harm of putting in an application? Even if you didn't get the job, it would signal that you were open to new opportunities, and people would keep you in mind next time something came up.

What would you say to some other person who was expressing similar doubts?

19 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

^ Imposter Syndrome is a bitch, but don’t listen to that ish! You’ve got this!

Thank you both!!!  I know they brought me over knowing that I didn't have the electrical and signals analysis experience.  I am trainable and learning more each and every day.  

I am working on the application (the hubby is reviewing it today.) I just need to get completely out of my home organization and I need to get out of it now!!!  I have a meeting in a few hours and I am really going to have to hold my tongue and hope that my face doesn't give away my utter disgust with what is happening now.  I really hate not having a good poker face.  

In not work news...  I went to BJJ last night.  My neck was mostly better but then I tweaked something and it's a bit sore today, but tolerable.   Food experiment has been interesting.  Green smoothies are more tolerable than I had expected.  I have been doing them for breakfast for the last week, minus the weekends.  I love breakfast and I need to eat real breakfast sometimes.  So I might keep trying the smoothies for weekday breakfasts for a while.  I know I have more energy and they are weirdly satisfying until lunch.  Lunch and dinner have been a little more of a challenge.  Salads have been eaten at least once a day, until yesterday.   I had a friend stop by last night and dinner got delayed while we discussed GoT costumes.  The family was hungry and I was tired so I ate a pork sandwich and baked fries.  Not keto friendly.  But I'm back on the wagon this morning and it's all good.   

• Like 3

Overall a weirdly OK challenge.  I am liking some of the food changes I have made.  I'm listening to my body and trying to treat it with care, although it pisses me off sometimes.  And I'm tired of feeling old, so I have plans to fix it as best as I can.  I have 1.5 weeks left of elementary school for my girls.  And I'm not ready to have a high schooler, but it is what it is...  I'm not sure if I will finish my studying before our summer vacation.  I got sidetracked by some research into hormonal/perimenopause stuff.   Overall I am happy and ready for another challenge where I can do some more good things for me!!!  

I have no idea how I did aligning this with my original goals...  I'll go look now.

• Like 1