• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarky Is Happy to Be Here

It’s time to have a some fun!

In case you are on your phone and cant see my signature kinks   Er..links, here is my epic quest. I was thinking about my Big Why and I realize it has changed a lot. I’ve changed a lot. I want to travel more, I want new experiences, and I want to be healthy and fit so I can really enjoy it without feeling weighed down by the Cupcakes of Days Past. :) 

In the past, I’ve struggled with making everything into Hard Work. Eating healthy is Hard, working out is Hard, and its not that it needs to be easy, but it grows in my head until it becomes this impossible monster, a titan of terror. So I want to remember the reality of the situation: each day is an opportunity to live, not just exist. 

My goals this challenge:

• Follow my workout schedule.
  • cook more meals. I’m aiming for seven dinners this challenge. 
  • Write my morning gratitudes 
  • Go to my favorite park and hit the trails once a week. 

Okay! Lets have fun!

giphy.gif

• Like 10

6 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Welcome to the Adventurers! 

Thank you! This is a really lovely group :D

5 hours ago, deftona said:

Following along!

Hi! Great to see you! :D 

5 hours ago, Shello said:

Following!

Hello Shello!! :D

4 hours ago, ladyofthebog said:

Hooray!! Very excited :) 

ME TOO!  I’m glad you’re here!

• Like 2

Love the goals and the new mindset :D

16 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

cook more meals.

I really like experimenting with new recipes (my family likes it a little less ;)

Right now I'm obsessed with healthymealplans.com. Those recipes are simple and soooo good. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Terah said:

Love the goals and the new mindset :D

I really like experimenting with new recipes (my family likes it a little less ;)

Right now I'm obsessed with healthymealplans.com. Those recipes are simple and soooo good. 

Thanks Terah! This looks really cool, and I’m gonna try it out tonight!

• Like 1

Good evening everyone!

Tomorrow is Day One for me. I was going to get up and work out before going to the library, but I ended up cleaning a bit before heading out. When I got home, I was really tired. Story time takes so much out of me. Even though story time itself is about 40 minutes, I'm there for three hours with parents and kids and it's very constant. I love them. I'm so tired.

A good night's sleep and then tomorrow we conquer the world!

• Like 7

Day One:

• Upper body workout! It was tough today. I only got through one set, and I feel REALLY TIRED. I was tired going into it. But instead of caving into stress and hiding under a blanket, I stuck to the schedule, so this feels awesome.
  • I'm cooking dinner tonight. We're having baked potatoes and ground beef in a mushroom sauce. It's comfort food, and everyone needs a little comfort food today :)  
  • Today I am grateful for....laundry machines, the feel of soft grass on my feet, and the warmth that seeps into the skin when standing in the sunshine. 
  • One thing I appreciate about my strong body is that it carries me through the day, even when I feel extra-heavy. 

I've decided to get a haircut! Right now my hair is waist length, and it's beautiful and a total pain. I find myself avoiding my showers because it takes so long to wash it, to dry it, to comb it. What a pain. So I want to get it cut long enough to pull in a pony tail, but I'll probably get about 8 inches taken off. And yes, I am TOTALLY getting weighed before and after my hair cut, because part of me is just curious how heavy this hair really is :D:D 

Have a wonderful day everyone!

• Like 6

On 4/15/2019 at 11:45 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

It’s time to have a some fun!

Yeah it is! I'm glad you're with us. Let me know if I can help in any way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WolfDreamer said:

Yeah it is! I'm glad you're with us. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Thanks for the warm welcome! 

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Oh my gosh new hair, that's always exciting!! I hope there will be pics :)

You know there will be! :) 

• Like 1

Meal 1/7 completed! 

Victory Dance

giphy.gif

For dinner I made ground beef with mushroom sauce over baked potatoes. 

https://www.campbells.com/kitchen/recipes/beef-stroganoff/

I made the healthiest version of it, since everyone has different dietary restrictions. I also enjoyed kicking my parents out of the kitchen. Everyone enjoyed it!

giphy.gif

• Like 4

Workout is done! I did one set of lower body strengthening today, followed by ten minutes on the exercise bike. All the muscles surrounding my hips are really weak. I have been a terrible partner in this relationship with my body because I've been so angry with it for over a decade now. I think it's well past time to call a truce and work together 

in_which_harry_and_draco_become_bros_by_

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I have been a terrible partner in this relationship with my body because I've been so angry with it for over a decade now. I think it's well past time to call a truce and work together 

I can't tell you how much I love this. 

Life is way too short to have any negative feelings towards your body. It's the only one you'll ever have so by all means try to change it, but love it to heck too <4 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, deftona said:

I can't tell you how much I love this. 

Life is way too short to have any negative feelings towards your body. It's the only one you'll ever have so by all means try to change it, but love it to heck too <4 

<4

It's definitely going to be a process to get there, but you are 100% right. :D :love_heart:  Thanks for the verbal hugs

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Hormonal migraine has hit again. Have a great day and I’ll see you tomorrow 

Aw honey I totally feel you on this. Feel better soon x

• Thanks 1