• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarky Is Happy to Be Here

19 hours ago, deftona said:

Aw honey I totally feel you on this. Feel better soon x

Thanks. It was a real jerkface yesterday! I feel better today

11 hours ago, Sciread77 said:

Following. Migraines suck. May yours dissipate soon (if it hasn’t already). 

Lovely to have you along! I think its over (the migraine) my head is sore, but not stabby nauseating sore. :) 

• Like 3

Today we walked in the park which was disappointing because the trails were  muddy, and we had a lot of errands to run so muddy wasn’t really a reasonable option for us. So next time we’ll have our muddy box, and some clean socks and shoes so a little mud won’t hurt us. It was still infinitely better than walking around the neighborhood.

I have NOT done my strongs today yet. I’m getting cavities filled at the dentist! WOO HOO!! I’m really looking forward to it. I didn’t even know I had cavities, but now they are twinging so getting them fixed up will be excellent. Then after, it’s a box of caramels for me!

giphy.gif

SUCH a good idea :D

• Like 7

This is a busy week for me, i dont know how it got so busy, but I don’t like it. 

I worked out yesterday for twenty minutes. I danced a bit, which is more like muppet flailing to the music than dancing. But it was fun. 

Even though I am cooking dinner tomorrow, I am sneaking in little bits of preparation and cooking this week, which is funny because it feels like I’m getting away with cooking in my-not-planned day, when cooking more is the actual Goal. Apparently, I like being sneaky. :D

Sneaky Sneakerson

it’s 330am so back to bed. When I wake up, I am planning the rest of my week out so I can relax my brain and feel like I’m not getting sucked in the waves,

• Like 9

Super glad to see you back in the Adventurers!

Walking in the mud is so much fun! You are close to my area of the world, right? Have you been getting some crazy storms recently?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sylvaa said:

Super glad to see you back in the Adventurers!

Walking in the mud is so much fun! You are close to my area of the world, right? Have you been getting some crazy storms recently?

Yes! We had an amazing thunderstorm yesterday!  But we’ve missed out in the tornado worthy winds. How about you?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Yes! We had an amazing thunderstorm yesterday!  But we’ve missed out in the tornado worthy winds. How about you?

We had two tornado touchdowns over the weekend. One about 20 miles from where I live (which destroyed a house) and another about 3 miles away (it touched down in a field). There should be some more coming your way either tonight or tomorrow (we got one in KY last night which had some great lightning). 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sylvaa said:

We had two tornado touchdowns over the weekend. One about 20 miles from where I live (which destroyed a house) and another about 3 miles away (it touched down in a field). There should be some more coming your way either tonight or tomorrow (we got one in KY last night which had some great lightning). 

Awwwwwwwwesome.  I’ll put fresh batteries in the flashlights and get a good window seat :) 

• Like 2

We’ve had some good storms but not much tornado activity in my area recently. However, a week or two ago it legit felt like the house was going to blow down. The whole thing was shaking. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sciread77 said:

We’ve had some good storms but not much tornado activity in my area recently. However, a week or two ago it legit felt like the house was going to blow down. The whole thing was shaking. 

That is scary!

Today: i didnt work out nor do I plan to work out today! I AM DEVIATING FROM MY SCHEDULE

I need to deviate today. I’ve had so many errands and appointments this week, and I never want to be this busy again. Which will happen again, because I HAVE TERRIBLE BOUNDARIES. :D  

So what I REALLY need to do is workout and take care of myself and put all that other crap second so I’m not so damn tired after a busy day. 

CRAP. I hate realizing flawed thinking. I wish I could say skipping a workout and eating gummy bears makes me truly happy, but then.....

I must not tell lies. 

giphy.gif

But the good news is.....

I cooked dinner! Broiled chicken breast, toasted corn and black bean salad, and cucumber salad.

Sometimes I want to say “Cucumberbatch”

giphy.gif

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

That is scary!

It was pretty crazy. Dead middle of the night too. 

I hear you on the boundaries. Sometimes I feel like a leaf in the wind. Part of it, I think, is just life being an adult with responsibilities (especially a bunch of chitlins) in our society. But- stay strong and don’t beat yourself up about it. That’s why the willow that bends is stronger; you’ll survive those winds and snap back again. And part of what we’re here for is to encourage and support so you have the strength and will to do that!

• Like 2

Today I am meeting a friend for coffee. Shes back in town for the weekend, so I’m happy to be a part of her visit. Afterwards, I am coming home for Catching Up with Chores. I hear this week has some great stuff like “vacuuming” and “laundry”  Its going to be a rollicking good time!

I’m also taking a break from screens today until tomorrow night. Just to see if my constant nagging headache isnt eye strain :) I promise to workout today and tomorrow and will tell you all about it when I return

• Like 7

giphy.gif

Coffee was INTENSE. my friend gave me all her news and none of it is good and holy shit I need a blanket and a fluffy pillow and I’m pretty sure she needs those things too

• Sad 6

Blah. That was a crappy place to leave things. Sorry. I had to do a lot of processing (hiding under a blanket and hugging my pillow) yesterday. Basically my friend's sister died, and then right afterwards, her husband revealed he's been keeping major secrets throughout their whole relationship. She was completely stunned. 

It really brought up some old wounds that I thought were dealt with an in the past. I hate feelings. I just wish they would stay in a box and be perfectly organized at all times. But that's not really okay, is it? :) Being human is really hard sometimes. I need to figure out how to increase my emotional resilience.

Today I am staying in my pajamas and cleaning the house and probably NOT deal with my feelings for a while :)

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Do what you have to do, Snarky, and know where I am if you need to talk <4 

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Same goes for me.

59 minutes ago, ladyofthebog said:

Hugs and here if you need some unboxing support. 

Y’all are awesome :love_heart:

• Like 1

I spent the entire day in my pajamas yesterday watching Hilda, and studying color palettes in picture books.  I wrapped myself in the fluffiest blanket and just stayed in bed . It was wonderful.

I also processed what really upset me so much after coffee with my friend, because I really felt like my reaction was too much for the situation. 

When my friend shared her BIG and horrible news, I felt disappointed. I know it’s an honor to have someone share their problems and secrets, and that’s great. And she asks me how I’m doing too. So it’s not all one sided, but she is NEVER frivolous. She’s always so problem focused, and I realized I know nothing about her outside of her problems. It’s so sad. And aggravating. Because she won’t share that part with me.  The friends I love hanging out with talk about their pets, their funny collections, and the little moments. They are the sort of friends who would die of embarrassment and laugh with you if a snot bubble escaped your nose.  

I think I can be the same way. Heavy and serious, and not enough laughing at snot bubbles. I feel like that’s something I’m really working hard to overcome, and I feel like I’m making progress. And it’s awesome. But it’s not like that with her, and I don’t want to JUST be someone’s sounding board for problems. 

Why do you think people smell like pickles when they need a shower? What IS that? I definitely have a pickle smell to me. maybe it’s just my pajamas. I HAVE been wearing them since 3pm on Thursday :D I’m going to go shower and smell like flowers and herbs now. 

• Like 4