• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Snarkyfishguts

Snarky Is Happy to Be Here

5 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

When my friend shared her BIG and horrible news, I felt disappointed. I know it’s an honor to have someone share their problems and secrets, and that’s great. And she asks me how I’m doing too. So it’s not all one sided, but she is NEVER frivolous. She’s always so problem focused, and I realized I know nothing about her outside of her problems. It’s so sad. And aggravating. Because she won’t share that part with me.  The friends I love hanging out with talk about their pets, their funny collections, and the little moments. They are the sort of friends who would die of embarrassment and laugh with you if a snot bubble escaped your nose.  

If she's only sharing the heavy stuff and won't share the fun stuff it's still a one-sided friendship, even if she asks how you are doing. She's clearly not someone you love hanging out with, so is it really worth it to continue investing in that friendship?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

If she's only sharing the heavy stuff and won't share the fun stuff it's still a one-sided friendship, even if she asks how you are doing. She's clearly not someone you love hanging out with, so is it really worth it to continue investing in that friendship?

No it’s not. I’ve spent the first half of my life being in one sided  friendships. I have no more energy for it. :)  

• Like 2

I’m going to see Avengers: Endgame today! Last night I watched Infinity War again. So I am ready! BRING IT.

I lost two pounds last week!  AND yesterday I made a weight loss tracker! img_1207.jpg

I had so much fun making it!  Chomp chomp chomp. Someone had posted a similar thing on pinterest,  I LOVE PINTEREST.

This week is going to be rainy and quiet. Perfect for getting back on track with my exercise schedule! I decided to make some dietary changes too. Nothing super official, just less junk food and more good food, I like feeling good, and Junk food makes me feel a little sick. Seems pretty clear to me.

• Like 10

I love that tracker! It's so beautiful! May I suggest, if you aren't already doing this, that you deserve a prize for every ghost or fruit piece you pass?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, deftona said:

I love that tracker! It's so beautiful! May I suggest, if you aren't already doing this, that you deserve a prize for every ghost or fruit piece you pass?

OoooooooooooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo

excellent suggestion! I will have to look at my wish list. Ooooooooooooh

thanks Def!

• Like 1

((hugs)) I hope the sad feelings subsided a bit ((hugs)) 

I love that tracker! An Def's suggestion :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Terah said:

((hugs)) I hope the sad feelings subsided a bit ((hugs)) 

I love that tracker! An Def's suggestion :)

I definitely feel a lot better. It was really helpful to talk it out!

i know! I am scoping out prizes for my success :)

• Like 1

THIRD MEAL DONE!

Pork Egg Roll in a Bowl - my folks requested this one. It's one of my favorite recipes to make. It's SO EASY. I throw half a head of cabbage in the food processor, 4 carrots. SHREDDED GLORY. Mix together in a bowl 5 cloves of garlic, 2/3 cups of soy sauce, 2 tbsp. of sesame oil, and some minced (or powdered ginger) Cook a pot of rice, 

Brown a pound of ground pork, add cabbage and carrots, then pour the sauce all over it and  stir it all up, cook until the cabbage is a little wilted and VOILA

Egg roll in a bowl!!!!

I've been avoiding the internet all weekend because I didn't want any Avengers spoilers, and I discovered that I felt happier and more relaxed! So I think I'm going to avoid the internet more in every day life and enjoy being happier :)  I have more time, and a little more room in my head for my thoughts. I like it!

I've been thinking about the rewards system, and I've decided to not worry about that. It feels like a distraction from my Big Why.  Because the real reward for me is going to be traveling to places and fitting in seats comfortably, feeling strong enough to climb over rocks, and confident enough to get out of my comfort zone and try new things. :D I can't wait! Each day I meet my goals, I'm getting a little closer to the day I can travel with confidence, and that's all I really care about right now. I think I just need to look at my Epic Quest of Questiness each day and then working out doesn't seem like such a big chore.  It's just preparation, like making a packing list! I'm going places, and I'm just taking months to get ready for each journey. First stop is Maine this fall, and then in the winter, New York for a conference. After that, I'm not sure where, we're still planning that one out, but I'm EXCITED. :D

• Like 6

Today my exercise program was replaced by moving furniture for my mom. 

"Would you help me move a couple pieces?"

"Sure, Mom! What needs moving?"

"Just all the furniture in these two rooms"

I like moving furniture. It's a nice way to engage ALL the muscles while getting something done. I also don't mind using it as an excuse to miss working out today. My head aches, and I'm a little bit extra in the tired department.  But hopefully I'll feel better in time to hang out with my buddy tonight. And if I don't, I'll take Excedrin and hang out with him anyway. Buddies are good for the soul. So is pizza. 

I'm on track with cooking meals. I've got 3/7 done and tomorrow I'm cooking again. 

I'm also on track with my morning gratitude writing. 

I am NOT on track with my exercise schedule :) I'm about 50/50 for it, and it's just me making bad choices. I run errands, and then I'm tired, and I'm like "Whiiiiine, I'm tiiiired"

Or hitting the trails, the weather has NOT been cooperative. I'm going to scratch this one off the goals. When the weather gets nicer, I'll get out there. :)

• Like 4

Well, this is one time I am sick and it's not from Storytime, but from my parents! Yaaaaaay…….

giphy.gif

Sooo much better...…..

THERE WAS NO COOKING!

I did watch like Season 3 of Kid's Baking Championship, and Man, that kid totally deserved to win it.

;)

Have a great weekend!!!

• Like 4

Today I had a bad experience at the salon. I decided I wanted to keep my hair long, so I asked for two inches cut to remove the damaged bits, he cut four inches. He cut bluntly, and not an undercut and there were uneven spots. So my cut wasnt up to snuff, and the guy in general was a dick to everyone in that snide passive aggressive “I’m just kidding!”way.  DICKHEAD. I could handle it, and I didn't let him treat me poorly, so he just was a dick to everyone else. I AM NEVER GOING BACK THERE.  I came home and still had to trim a few bits he screwed up. Now my hair is fine, but not great, but it’ll grow out. 

I used to date dickheads like that who cut people down and laughed it off. I have extended relatives like that too. Toxic, damaging, vessels of dung and venom.

It really wore me out and unleashed all the brain weasels amd boggarts. BUT

RIDDIKULUS!!

all those jerks are now in my little pony underwear! 

I had a nice dinner out last night with my cousin and we had fun together!

i figured out how to import photoshop files into clip studio so I don't need my adobe subscription anymore!

i’m reading a nice middle grade novel called The Witch’s Boy by Kelly Barnhill

I am happy with who I am, and I like me. That’s why I’m losing the weight so I can increase my health and live to be 106 years.

i love the people in my life who arent dickheads and am so grateful to them for making my days full of love and warm fuzzies

• Like 6

Urgh that man. You aren't responsible for how other people present themselves and it's not your responsibility to make them better people, all you can do is limit their negative effect on you by refusing to allow them to get under your skin and focus on the great people in your life. 

I know this is exactly what you're doing, and I am glad about it :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Good for you not taking any crap.

Thanks. I am proud of me!  Warm fuzzies!

6 hours ago, deftona said:

Urgh that man. You aren't responsible for how other people present themselves and it's not your responsibility to make them better people, all you can do is limit their negative effect on you by refusing to allow them to get under your skin and focus on the great people in your life. 

I know this is exactly what you're doing, and I am glad about it :)

The validation is really appreciated though!  He got under my skin enough that I had to talk about it and practice some positive thinking! So thank you for adding the warm fuzzies :) 

• Like 1

The leaves have popped out during the last few rainy days, so everything is speckled with bright greens, and I love this time of year when the grey/brown sludgy quality of winter is gone. 

I'm struggling today. Everyone in the house is struggling these days.  And I realized I'm doing the "waiting until I feel better" to start working out again, and I think I'm not going to feel better until I start working out. Soooooo….awesome. This was the point of the challenge (she realizes late in the game) to stick to the schedule even when I don't "feel like it"

Alright, I'm going to cook dinner! Veggies, chicken and bowtie pasta!

• Like 4

Dinner went over really well last night. Cooking is starting to feel easier again, and I'm enjoying it, which is starting to work out really well, because Mom is starting to really NOT enjoy it, so we are cooking more together, and cooking larger meals so we can have more leftover nights. It feels like we're finding an effective system.

It's a beautiful day, and I went out for a walk to enjoy SUNSHINE and the cool breeze. :D I feel better today. I need more time to myself

DID YOU KNOW that possums can eat up to 5000 ticks in a season and are rabies resistant? I think they may be my new patronus! :) 

tenor.gif?itemid=5938360

• Like 5

Dinners 5/7.  Mom didn’t feel well last night, so I cooked fish with a mayo spread that sounds gross,  but with the right seasonings, you don't even notice it’s mayonnaise. I’m also supposed to cook tomorrow and Friday and Sunday, which means unless something happens, I’ll have aced this part of the challenge. 

Sticking to the workout schedule has been difficult. With my folks home, I am struggling to keep going. They tend to bring their own issues to the table which is them trying to show they relate while making sure I’m doing the best and rightest way possible. Ugh, I need to let it gol  

I’m changing my exercise goal from stick to the schedule to GET IT IT DONE. Twice a week strength training. 3 times cardio. Doesnt matter what day or what time of day, just get it done. Having my folks back home brings a chaos to things. I need to make some adjustments and figure out a new system so its just gonna be a lot of trial and error for the next two weeks while I figure it out. 

• Like 6

That hairdresser sounds like a complete asshat! I hope you didn't pay too much... 

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

I need to make some adjustments and figure out a new system so its just gonna be a lot of trial and error for the next two weeks while I figure it out. 

Good luck with finding a new system :) Any chance of just getting out of the house to do the workout? That way the family won't be able to interfere that much. 

12 hours ago, Terah said:

That hairdresser sounds like a complete asshat! I hope you didn't pay too much... 

Good luck with finding a new system :) Any chance of just getting out of the house to do the workout? That way the family won't be able to interfere that much. 

I paid too much Terah. Sigh....

Okay, but outside of the house has OTHER PEOPLE. Which means OTHER PEOPLE would see me working out!!!!! 

*DIES DRAMATICALLY*

Okay, maybe I can just ignore my folks and workout.  Thanks for putting it in perspective! :love_heart::D 

• Like 2

I've packed my scale away again for some unknown amount of time. I feel like it brings out the worst in me. As I start to lose weight, I feel this anxiety. Am I going to get sick? Am I losing weight because I'm eating better or because there's a TUMOR? AM I LOSING HAIR?! What if I can't keep the weight off? OH MY GOSH, I'M JUST GOING TO GAIN THIS ALL BACK AGAIN! I'm so stressed out, I'm going to bake cookies. OH NO!!!!! I CAN'T BAKE COOKIES! I'VE JUST EATEN ALL THE CHOCOLATE CHIPS.

So I'm going to put the scale away. And just focus on the reality of the situation in front of me. What seems to really work is just eating well, moving more, and having a couple days when I can relax and eat a ham and cheese bagel sandwich with a beer, or a bowl of ice cream each week. But I am a reasonable adult who can look at my plate and say "I can eat all these vegetables" or look at my chicken pasta toss and say "I might need a smaller portion of this" because living with a 6'4" man, portion distortion is real. I can't eat what my dad eats :)

I dunno. Maybe just get weighed once a month? What is a good amount? Do I even need to get weighed? I mean, pacman does need to move forward. but he WILL move forward. I have a doctor appointment at the end of June. I'll get weighed there! :D

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

living with a 6'4" man, portion distortion is real.

I hear you so hard on this. I'm 5'2, he's 6'4. I cannot eat what he eats. That's how I gained all this weight, he would cook and plate the food and I would eat it. We finally had to have a talk about portions and now we plate our own food. It has helped immensely.

• Like 1

On 5/9/2019 at 11:22 AM, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I hear you so hard on this. I'm 5'2, he's 6'4. I cannot eat what he eats. That's how I gained all this weight, he would cook and plate the food and I would eat it. We finally had to have a talk about portions and now we plate our own food. It has helped immensely.

I’ve been putting half on my plate now and I’m full! Crazy!

• Like 1