• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

squeakyvalkyrie

squeakyvalkyrie seeks adventure

I decided to stop wallowing and to fight depression with activity. I finished the shading on the shield, did laundry, chopped up a bag of carrots into sticks for our lunches, cleaned the kitchen and caught up on GoT. I also removed facebook from my phone so I stop mindlessly scrolling through it. I am feeling much more positive and hopeful. 

All that is left is cleaning up the lines:

20190429_202536.jpg

• Like 5

The shield looks really good!

Glad you're feeling better as well. :) It's both surprising and obvious that physical activity is so effective against our mental health issues.

13 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I'm doing better. Lining out the things I want to see in all 50 states was sufficient distraction.

Glad you are doing better. Is this list in your Epic Quest? Because now I'm curious! 

14 hours ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I'm doing better.

That's great! And the shield looks awesome! I love that you have something practical to show that hard work and patience pays off.

• Like 1

I did my yoga this morning, focusing on not stressing out my hip. I always am reluctant to start but feel way better once I've done it. Meditation isn't working, I am just not making time for it. I am thinking about switching that challenge to moving my bedtime back to where it should be. I am so tired all the time. Yesterday I started winding down at 8 instead of 8:30/9 and got a lot more sleep. I'm still tired today, but over time this should improve. And I had time to clean the kitchen, which I don't have when I'm rushing off to bed. We will see, I really want to want to meditate...

• Like 3

Do you have room for meditation in your morning routine? I had to change a few things around, but managed to get to the point where meditating is a solid part of my morning routine, and I automatically sit down to do it without thinking. Putting it into an existing routine will also make it easy to establish a consistent habit trigger.

1 hour ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

Yep, link in my sig or 

I looked at that previously - I like the updates! 

• Like 1

I miss having a in person, local community. I have you guys and the SCA, but I miss hanging out at someone's house or making dinner plans. In an increasingly online culture, it is harder and harder to make new local in person friends. I can make drinking buddies pretty easily, but I am kind of over relationships that center around drinking. I did some research and found that there is a game shop about 20 minutes from us with D&D from 7-9 on Tuesdays. I've played with people I know enough I feel like I could get over my anxiety enough to join a game with strangers. We tried to make characters and go last night, but taking characters took too long, so we are going to flesh them out this week and try and go next week. So no meditation yesterday, though I did do my evening routine, which was nice. 

My little doggo woke me up twice in the middle of the night by puking on the floor and then refused to eat breakfast this morning. Poor thing. Hopefully it is just a tummy ache. I didn't get as much sleep as I wanted, but I did get up and do my full workout this morning. I paid careful attention to my hip and did my best not to aggravate it. The worst things for it are squats and lunges, so switching back to the Academy workouts instead of doing the beginner bodyweight workout three times a week was probably a good idea. Now for tea and work and spellbook making!

• Like 4

Work is crazy, sorry I haven't been more active. No meditation last night, I ordered pizza, made a cocktail, watched Rick and Morty with Kermit and took a night off. I'm hoping we can get a little hike in today, but who knows. IF still going strong, though I really wanted a chai latte from starbucks this morning. Having pomegranate green tea instead. Yoga was good, still babying my hip. Just staying the course at this point. I'm ready for this marathon week to be over... 

• Like 2

Went to dinner with Kermit's grandmother last night, so no goals met and we didn't finish dinner until 8:30. Totally worth it, she is always delighted when we come to visit. Today is a new day, and Friday and my short day at work! Workout went well, I replaced jumping squats with regular bodyweight ones and my hip is not nearly as sore as last time. So that is progress! Hopefully I can get the shield finished today, but we will see. 

• Like 1

Shield work is going well. I got the outlining done on the lion part repainted. I also spent most of the afternoon reading and napping. After dinner, Kermit and I took the doggos for a nice walk. Hanging out with friends at an SCA event tomorrow. Shaping up to be a nice weekend. 

20190503_212242.jpg

• Like 2

The weekend was good. Saturday I got all the steps at the event and good hangout time with friends. Sunday I played video games for seven hours straight, then we took the doggos to the doggo park. I also learned basic book binding and finished my wizard's spellbook. All I need to do is make leveling decisions (we don't know what level game we are going to join) and I'm all set for D&D tomorrow. I kept to IF both days! I did my workout this morning, my hip has been getting better and better. Which is surprising since it usually hurts more after a lot of walking. Shield has to be done this week, I'm so close it shouldn't be too hard to get it done.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, squeakyvalkyrie said:

I also learned basic book binding

For real? The actual thing? Because that sounds super-cool and I demand pictures!

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

For real? The actual thing? Because that sounds super-cool and I demand pictures!

I used the 3rd option here. It didn't up being that hard, I'll take pictures when I get home.

I have been keeping pace with my goals somewhat even though I haven't been on here much. I have been sticking to IF and trying to eat veggies instead of carbs. Meditation isn't working for me, but going to bed earlier is helping my mood overall. I haven't missed a workout or yoga, I am trying to push myself each time to go just a little harder and my muscles are sore, so that is working. I finished the shield last night, just in time to be able to seal it before delivery on Saturday. I'm really, really proud of it. Next on my list was prepping the guest room for my cousin, but the baseball team he is coming to play for may not be paying players, so if they aren't, he isn't coming. I love my family, and I want to support him following his dream, but I would love to not have a house guest. We will see what happens. Work has finally calmed down, so I should be able to catch up on what is happening with all of you.

godwin shield 7.jpg

• Like 6

That spell book is awesome. I keep thinking about making my own book, but am intimidated by the amount of work it looks to take. But a smaller one like that might actually be doable by me. How many signatures does it have and how long did it take you?

• Like 1

Busy, busy weekend. We had a small war on Saturday. It was near Kermit's folk's place so we stayed there Friday and Saturday nights. His mom drives me nuts, but it wasn't too bad. War was fun. I don't have any obligations at events right now, so I was just able to chill and hang out with friends, which was much need. I delivered the shield, and he loved it! It is nice to have that off my to do list. Sunday was back to the bay for celebrating Mother's day with Kermit's family. I got to meet his aunt and uncle that live in Hawaii. It was a pretty chill time. My mom is on vacation in Texas, so we will celebrate with her later.

I somehow developed a rash at the crease of my thigh that is healing, but still annoying. I skipped my workout this morning as to not aggravate it further. Hopefully it clears up soon so I can get back on track. IF was compromised over the weekend, but I am back on track now. Hoping to finish the challenge strong. My cousin isn't sure if he is coming, but I am still focusing this week on getting the guest room and bathroom cleaned up and space made for him in case he does.

• Like 3

Bonus workout yesterday, sweeping the leaves off the roof and cleaning out the gutters to prepare for a late rainstorm this week. Also, I planted 5 heavenly bamboo Kermit's mom dug up and gave to me. Our neighbors are building a two story addition right next to our fence, so this will help provide some privacy for our future patio. So many projects to make this house our dream house... Dinner ran a little late, then GoT. Down another pound, so I will keep up what I've been doing. Yoga was good this morning, I need to do it more often. D&D tonight, we're fighting a dragon!

• Like 2

D&D went well last night. The game is a drop in kind of thing, so anyone can come and play. Which makes it a little chaotic and the group is quite large (15-20 people). So one of the other players offered to DM a game at the same time on a different night. He's trying to make it a more adult game, which would be nice since the kids that play are distractable and loud, making things move slower. Since the goal for me is to make friends, it would be nice to actually be able to engage with the other players more.

I did my workout this morning, which was nice. I am sad I skipped Monday as it has thrown my week off, but I can't change the past. Rain is here, I'm really glad we cleaned up the yard and are prepared. Though it probably won't rain as much as they said because we did all of that. I'm hoping to get some cleaning done in the guest room today. Looks like my cousin is coming to stay for the summer after all.

• Like 2