• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Harriet

Act VII - Harriet Scouts the Lands Beyond the Fortress

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

You can also shove a beer can up it's butt. Delicious! 

Oh, wow. That is unexpected and intriguing, and also a bit obscene?

35 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

following for fuds :D 

I told Mr Harriet I didn't want to go to a restaurant this week, but instead plan to make cook all the things. So there will be more fud. I'm trying to decide what to make... thinking about a lamb braise (moroccan tagine?) and some sort of desert with pastry... custard tart? Orange curd tart? Orange custard tart? Lime meringue tart? Hmmmmm... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedStone said:

You can also shove a beer can up it's butt. Delicious! 

My mom actually has a ... I don't know what you call it, but it's like a baking sheet with a cup holder for the can, and you plop the chicken right on top. Now THAT's obscene... but also incredibly delicious. 

It's similar to this. Also apparently there's a whole market for these things??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ZGUK2/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0007ZGUK2&pd_rd_w=vghkF&pf_rd_p=46cdcfa7-b302-4268-b799-8f7d8cb5008b&pd_rd_wg=LO58T&pf_rd_r=JA12DVA9GW58CXNVAGD6&pd_rd_r=c0632e25-611a-11e9-921f-93d945d215dc

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Oh, wow. That is unexpected and intriguing, and also a bit obscene? 

2 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

My mom actually has a ... I don't know what you call it, but it's like a baking sheet with a cup holder for the can, and you plop the chicken right on top. Now THAT's obscene... but also incredibly delicious. 

It's similar to this. Also apparently there's a whole market for these things??

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0007ZGUK2/ref=sspa_dk_detail_0?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B0007ZGUK2&pd_rd_w=vghkF&pf_rd_p=46cdcfa7-b302-4268-b799-8f7d8cb5008b&pd_rd_wg=LO58T&pf_rd_r=JA12DVA9GW58CXNVAGD6&pd_rd_r=c0632e25-611a-11e9-921f-93d945d215dc

Honestly, it really is so easy and obscene delicious. I think the idea is that whatever liquid you use adds flavor and moisture and that little gadget things seems like a great option if roasting chickens is a regular thing! You can really change up the flavors and personally, I found it a bit tricky to balance the chicken upright on the can when I made it. There was some fumbling with aluminum foil if I recall...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I told Mr Harriet I didn't want to go to a restaurant this week, but instead plan to make cook all the things. So there will be more fud. I'm trying to decide what to make... thinking about a lamb braise (moroccan tagine?) and some sort of desert with pastry... custard tart? Orange curd tart? Orange custard tart? Lime meringue tart? Hmmmmm... 

All of that sounds wonderful. I'm looking forward to seeing all the recipes that come out of this challenge!!!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

26 minutes ago, Grumble said:

No unitaskers!

I certainly don't have space in our tiny temporary HQ for a beer-chicken-only baking tray. But... a certain monty python song comes to mind....

Sit on my tray, and tell me that you love meeee... 

Ahem. 

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:

I certainly don't have space in our tiny temporary HQ for a beer-chicken-only baking tray. But... a certain monty python song comes to mind....

Sit on my tray, and tell me that you love meeee... 

Ahem. 

I don't advocate for unitaskers at all, and this one is particularly gratuitous. My mom, bless her, is not the best decision-maker in these matters.

Also, something something buy me dinner BEFORE trying to put anything near my bum, etc. 

• Like 2

On 4/17/2019 at 8:06 AM, Deckard Gainz said:

Also, something something buy me dinner BEFORE trying to put anything near my bum, etc. 

What, you mean the serenading isn't sufficient? I'm afraid Mr Harriet has first claim on my dinners. Well, second, after me. Cook gets the crispy brown bits. 

Sit on my tray, and tell me that you love meeeee,

I'll sit on your tray and say I love you toooo.

Life can be fine with a hen steamed in wine (or beer),

Soooo sit on my tray and let the roast cook thruuuuu. 

Edited by Grumble
Because music must be free and unapologetic.
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

What, you mean the serenading isn't sufficient? I'm afraid Mr Harriet has first claim on my dinners. Well, second, after me. Cook gets the crispy brown bits. 

Sit on my tray, and tell me that you love meeeee,

I'll sit on your tray and say I love you toooo.

Life can be fine with a hen steamed in wine (or beer),

Soooo sit on my tray and let the roast cook thruuuuu. 

...Apologies for any unintended rudeness. This song is entirely about cooking. 

I'm tempted to edit to remove the apologies. This is pure goodness.

• Like 2

So, my chicken, marinated overnight in naught but salt and plain yoghurt, turned out well. A bit salty. I now believe in osmosis and will use a little less salt next time. Also, it looks a bit dark but isn't burned. But still, I would use a slightly lower oven temp next time just for aesthetic reasons.

IMG_5846.JPG.1cc86fa623eaf3d5a9b5e4cf5235c859.JPG

Benched today. Still at 85. Got just one rep more than last time. Will probably need a few more weeks to move up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Grumble said:

I'm tempted to edit to remove the apologies. This is pure goodness.

6 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Do it. The poetry must be free!

Now, now. If you two embarrass me too badly, I won't write any more songs for you.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Laghail said:

Image result for australian meme

... I was wondering why this particular picture, but then I saw a coked out koala, malcolm turnbull in a completely inexplicable picture with thomas the tank engine, and a man with a raw deer leg. I conclude that it may be better to ask no questions but simply graciously accept the Kath. 

• Like 1

The amount of introspection and growth in just SETTING OUT THE TERMS of this challenge is amazing and I love it. And I look forward to hearing more about your cooking adventures! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Harriet said:

... I was wondering why this particular picture, but then I saw a coked out koala, malcolm turnbull in a completely inexplicable picture with thomas the tank engine, and a man with a raw deer leg. I conclude that it may be better to ask no questions but simply graciously accept the Kath. 

And you have learned all the pertinent @Laghail details you need to know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Harriet said:

It's wonderful to meet you Harriet! I've been on break from NF for a few minutes and I'm delighted to meet lovely people upon returning. Someday maybe you, me, and @Grumblewill collaborate and make a meme-based tarot deck, that can also be a CCG. Once we develop that rule set, we'll make sure you get to draw up the esoteric meaning for the tarot card, "The chain-smoking Australian."

Related image

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Laghail said:

It's wonderful to meet you Harriet! I've been on break from NF for a few minutes and I'm delighted to meet lovely people upon returning. Someday maybe you, me, and @Grumblewill collaborate and make a meme-based tarot deck, that can also be a CCG. Once we develop that rule set, we'll make sure you get to draw up the esoteric meaning for the tarot card, "The chain-smoking Australian."

Related image

IMG_5852.JPG.55f5a4daa30bfb67e44037e305fcb66d.JPG

A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Lagail. The card deck sounds like a very sensible idea. I feel Australians must clearly represent the sun, since a gap in the mysterious protective medium above brings us closer to that dual-natured orb that brings life, death, and warms our white wines and causes our eyes to close halfway, thus preventing us from seeing our leaders clearly, which is a blessing. We will ask Grumble to weave hidden puns into the borders of the cards. 

• Like 4