• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DrFeelgood

DrFeelgood: Waverider

On 5/1/2019 at 10:39 AM, Snarkyfishguts said:

CRAP broken wrists SUCK. I hope everything heals up well for you. :( 

21 hours ago, Shello said:

Oh Nos!! Sorry about your wrist.  Stupid joints.  

Thank you both for the commiseration and well-wishes.  I'm on the mend.  Slowly.

Brief update:  I'm out of the splint (yeesh, things looked terrible under all the padding and bandages) and in to a short-arm cast (light blue :D).  I can move my elbow again (yay!) and I have better mobility with fingers and thumb even if I still have no strength.  Doc wants to see me again in a week, which is substantially sooner than I expected.

I had about an hour of relief at being out of the splint before the pain and discomfort of the cast set in.  I've pretty much exhausted all of my emotional resilience, and it's showing up in my eating (and driving).  So far I've been pretty successful at keeping sodas away this week.  If that's the only thing I'm able to achieve then I guess this week can still be considered a qualified success.

Low tide, no waves.  I think I'll paddle in and lie on the sand for a bit.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Low tide, no waves.  I think I'll paddle in and lie on the sand for a bit.

I think this is a wonderful idea, build me a sandcastle and trample on it to get your rage out. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

I think I'll paddle in and lie on the sand for a bit.

Good plan.  I hope it heals up quickly!

• Like 1

Following :) Sorry to hear about the broken wrist, though! [insert a broken wrist joke here] Hope it starts feeling better soon!

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 2:26 PM, deftona said:

I think this is a wonderful idea, build me a sandcastle and trample on it to get your rage out. 

I'm a designer, not a builder. :P

On 5/2/2019 at 3:43 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Heal and recharge your emotional reserves.

If only emotions were as simple as bones.

On 5/2/2019 at 6:37 PM, Cheetah said:

Good plan.  I hope it heals up quickly!

Thanks!  Me too.

On 5/4/2019 at 6:33 AM, Ensi said:

Following :) Sorry to hear about the broken wrist, though! [insert a broken wrist joke here] Hope it starts feeling better soon!

Trying to eat left-handed is pretty much the running joke right now.  My kids find it far funnier than I do.

Brief update: Sunday's weight check came in slightly up from the previous week.  That's to be expected given my current lack of all discipline.  This week will probably be much the same.

• Like 3

Sorry about your wrist! I hope it heals soon.

On 5/6/2019 at 7:39 PM, DrFeelgood said:

My kids find it far funnier than I do.

Kids can be are assholes. And still we love them ;) 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Terah said:

Sorry about your wrist! I hope it heals soon.

Thanks.  It seems to be getting stronger every day.  I've got another appointment with the doc today, but I don't really know what he expects to find after only a week.  Apart from another billing, anyway.

Today's brief update:

EWrSiiq.jpg

That is all.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Today's brief update:

EWrSiiq.jpg

That is all.

THIS!!!

Glad to hear your wrist is starting to feel stronger! :triumphant:

• Like 1

This week's brief update: still healing.  I hope mass consumption of ice cream and ice-cream novelties promotes osteo-regeneration.

Didn't even bother with scale weight this week.  I haven't done anything.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

mass consumption of ice cream and ice-cream novelties promotes osteo-regeneration

Sounds legit.  I should try this for my back.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds legit.  I should try this for my back.

I can confirm it is helping my shoulder. 

• Like 2

Today's brief update: status entirely unchanged except for one small triumph--I've gotten somewhat decent at bathroom duties with my left hand now.

I'm so stagnant right now that the word "rut" seems like an injustice.  19 More days until the next doctor's appointment, and I hope that's the last I'll have to see of this cast.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DrFeelgood said:

Today's brief update: status entirely unchanged except for one small triumph--I've gotten somewhat decent at bathroom duties with my left hand now.

I'm so stagnant right now that the word "rut" seems like an injustice.  19 More days until the next doctor's appointment, and I hope that's the last I'll have to see of this cast.

I am laughing at bathroom duties, more out of understanding than mockery. The small things make such a huge difference!

you are injured, it’s not a rut, its recovery. Humans need time to recover after breaking things, eh? Such a pesky process :) 

• Like 3

I agree with Snarky, it's recovery so give yourself a bit of a break. And think of all the cool things you'll be able to do with your newfound ambidexterity when you finally get yourself back in tip top condition! 

• Like 2

Final update: no weight, no work, nothing happening at all.  If I was in a coma I doubt much would be different.  I'm just barely clinging to hope that this injury isn't going to be massively life altering--so hard to know what's actually happening with the healing process; and it's not confidence-inspiring to have persistent pain in places nowhere near the actual broken bone.  16 more days to the next check.

I regressed completely with my eating, and my sleep has been garbage for weeks.  On the positive side of things I may have made some progress figuring out what's been bothering my knees these last few years.  I'm working on my posture and stance to help rebalance the load in my legs.  Of course it would also help to reduce that load by 20%, but we'll get back around to making that hay when the sun starts shining again.

Speaking of weather, today is going to be interesting and probably not in a good way.  We're right under the "G" in the "HIGH" on this map:

n6lERij.jpg

So that's a wrap on this one.  I need to focus on a Recovery (thanks, Snarky, that's a good reminder) challenge in the next one, and to be effective it'll need to encompass much more than just my arm.  If the tornadoes don't interfere then I'll try have a new challenge post up later this week.

• Like 5

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That weather system is gonna be a booger.

Fortunately most of the severe stuff stayed away from our area.  I'm tired from staying up to monitor the alerts, but we're all alive and well.

Gonna pound some Dr Pepper to crunch through this workday, then I'm going home and getting in bed.  :)

• Like 1