• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Congrats on the job!!!

That is a lot of jump roping! I hate jump roping. I've tried to work on it and improve, but still really struggle.

• Like 2

you are Def a hardcore kind of guy.

OTOH

this "fits" with what I know of crossfit.

if there's ANYTHING thats rangerbrained- its def crossfit!  the toughmudder/ obstacle course racing is another similar passion.

do you do that? :curious

====

congrats on the Job!  does this mean a big move for you, or are you lucky enough to get a new job in the same area?

• Like 2

Thank you for the congrats, everyone!

On 5/9/2019 at 2:49 PM, TGP said:

i there's ANYTHING thats rangerbrained- its def crossfit!  the toughmudder/ obstacle course racing is another similar passion.

do you do that? :curious

====

congrats on the Job!  does this mean a big move for you, or are you lucky enough to get a new job in the same area?

I actually just ran a Spartan Sprint yesterday!

I don't think it'll be a big move, since I'll be leaving most things with my parents I think, but it's definitely going to be a move.

• Like 3

Week 3 write-up:

Had my PFT on Friday. Because I was still sore from crossfit on Wednesday, I only did 3 pull-ups, but my OSO said that that's to be expected considering I just started crossfit and my muscles are still adapting to the new training. 102 crunches, 25:00 run time. I'm hoping to get sub-25 again though for July.

Spartan race yesterday was cold, wet, and fun. It took me and my team about 90 minutes to finish the race, which was about 3.5 miles. I would like to be faster, but it was so cold and wet, and in some places the conditions were too rocky or slippery to do anything faster than a walk.  But it was good time! I actually made it 3/4 of the way up the rope! But at that point, my fingers were so numb and cold that I had to decide between getting down safely or making it to the top and risk falling. I chose safety haha. I also had a much easier time with the bucket carry than I ever have before. All in all, I missed only 3 obstacles: monkey bars, ring swing, and the javelin throw. Probably my best Spartan yet, despite the weather. All of the training I've been putting in for the Marines is paying off! I am covered in bruises though. Probably from crawling through rocks and climbing the rope.

2/3 for journaling this past week. I meant to yesterday after the race but I was so tired after staying up late for GoT that I just went to sleep instead.

Went to CrossFit this morning because I'm a masochist, apparently.

Bonus pic of me and my one of my bruises! Sorry for the poor lighting.

Snapchat-1737836325.jpg

• Like 6

8 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

Went to CrossFit this morning because I'm a masochist, apparently.

That's what I was thinking reading this! :o 

• Like 1

Good morning, friends!  Sorry for dropping off the face of the earth for a few days. I have been just so tired lately.  Took Tuesday as a rest day, crossfit on Wednesday, and sprint intervals yesterday. Doing pushups have been a struggle this week. I have yet to hit 60 since Monday. My shoulders and arms have been so absurdly sore that doing push-ups has been... ow. Journaling has also been a no-go this week so far. Foam rolling will happen tonight or tomorrow. 

This week has been a bit of an anxious mess for me. My resignation from my job is official starting this morning-- I have 2 weeks to wrap everything up. Thankfully, my boss is very understanding and encouraging about me pursuing this new opportunity. Between dealing with everything at work, figuring out how to resign, dealing with background check stuff, and staying up late last night (for fun though-- I got to see Eddie Izzard live last night and it was absolutely worth the exhaustion to see him live), I've been a bit of a mess. I'm looking forward to wrapping up the challenge and plotting my next challenge!

Some things I want to tackle in the next challenge:

• get to 5 chin-ups/pull-ups
  • run 3 times a week
    • in short: continue improving my PFT score
  • go hiking/rucking once a week
  • continue crossfit
  • find a place to live for the new job
  • continue journaling
  • bring back the creative writing element to my challenges with a story line!

That's all for now. Bye folks!

• Like 7

What an exciting time for you! I'd encourage you to keep your next challenge really focussed. When the world is spinning so fast it can be easy to want to do "All the Things™" 

Best of luck and get some rest!

• Like 2

On 5/17/2019 at 9:57 AM, NicTheRugger said:

I got to see Eddie Izzard live last night and it was absolutely worth the exhaustion to see him live

Live shows are the best! (usually)
I really like the new/old goals!
See you soon!

• Like 1

Challenge wrap-up:

Week 4 definitely wasn't my best week. Did no push-ups on Saturday, only got one run in last week. It was a hectic week, and I needed the rest though, so there's that. All in all, it was a pretty successful challenge! I'm happy with my progress, and looking forward to crushing my next PFT. Excited to get the next challenge up and running. 

• Like 4