• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

I think I might battle-log it up this round. I’d like to go rock climbing more, or do some other intentional physical activity besides softball, maybe once a week or so; but, who knows. My mental health is on a downswing, so everything is hard right now. But I still want to try and be here, even if it’s sporadic. I kinda love you guys. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, shaar said:

We kinda love you too.  PLEASE to keep us posted on your adventures!!! <3

I will ^_^ <3 (you and your adventuring this challenge!! hahah xD)

12 hours ago, Rinna said:

I’m here baybay.

Hai mamam <3

9 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I hope you feel better soon.

Thank you friend <3 I hope I do too. I’ve felt okay for a while, so it’s frustrating to...  feel not-okay again. 

9 hours ago, Miaulin said:

tenor.gif

sending hugs and love Shadri!

Thank you <3 *big hug*

>>>——————>

This is my contribution to the impending Aragorn gif takeover 

giphy.gif

That is all

Have a a good day, frens~

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Shadri said:

This is my contribution to the impending Aragorn gif takeover 

giphy.gif

bahaha that's my mom's favorite moment in the entire trilogy :lol: she always refers to it as "Aragorn comin' thru them doors"...she googled it in similar terms once and actually found the gif!

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Miaulin said:

bahaha that's my mom's favorite moment in the entire trilogy :lol: she always refers to it as "Aragorn comin' thru them doors"...she googled it in similar terms once and actually found the gif!

It’s definitely one of the cooler moments! :D One of my favorite moments comes from the extended editions:

ff053ebd1fe43fd8ce3389b4c7fe2eb4.gif

• Haha 2

I am here for battle-loggin' and softball-playin' and schoolin' and Aragornin' and whatever other shenanigans be takin' place on this hyar thread.

And here for YOU, my Shadri.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I am here for battle-loggin' and softball-playin' and schoolin' and Aragornin' and whatever other shenanigans be takin' place on this hyar thread.

And here for YOU, my Shadri.

<3<3<3<3<3

>>>——————>

The weather is warming up and the humidity is climbing and

i m   n o t    r e a d y

i just got home and I’m such a sweaty mess ugh UGH I was not made for warm weather lol 

I'm pretty sure that softball is over :C we didn’t make the playoffs. Just when I was starting to get comfortable. Ah, well. I can go for a walk or something instead during Sunday afternoons. 

Today my therapist and I talked strategy - things I can try to do to keep myself from feeling quite so bad or sinking quite so low. Hopefully it helps. I think it might. 

• Like 3

O Rangers, my Rangers!

Some zero week occurrences: 

> I had a quantum mechanics exam Thursday that I was super scared for cos I’m not doing well in the class, but I knew how to do everything on it! Well, most everything. There’s some stuff I know in hindsight I got wrong, but hey. I think at the very least it went far better than the first exam. (If it didn’t, I think my soul might actually vaporize)

> I’ve been taking a little bit longer route to walk home, which has the added benefit of having more trees. Prettier + more shade + more walking = ideal! (No sunburn!!) So, that’s a little thing I can do while I try and get my sh!t together to do other things.

...Or maybe I should try and incorporate more little things like this instead of waiting for the day when I can do More. That seems like a smart idea. Cos I don’t think that day is coming any time soon, heh.

> ...I think that’s everything of note. 

Hope you all had a good Good Friday, and have a nice Easter weekend! <3

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hey Shadri....following you :) Hope your mood feels better soon. Sending ALL the love xx

Thank you Sal <3

• Like 1

On 4/17/2019 at 5:14 PM, Shadri said:

i m   n o t    r e a d y

i missed some bits and started to quote the Spider-Verse "Leap of Faith" thing at you but then i saw

The weather is warming up and the humidity is climbing and

giphy.gif

S A M E  DX ewwww i appreciate the Aesthetics of Spring and Summer with everything all pretty and green and sunny but boy golly do i wish we could just have autumn temperatures year-round :lol:

Today my therapist and I talked strategy - things I can try to do to keep myself from feeling quite so bad or sinking quite so low. Hopefully it helps. I think it might. 

any little thing to get a foothold and keep from slipping is good to have in the toolbelt :) i hope you find some things that work for you mon amie!

17 hours ago, Shadri said:

> I had a quantum mechanics exam Thursday that I was super scared for cos I’m not doing well in the class, but I knew how to do everything on it! Well, most everything. There’s some stuff I know in hindsight I got wrong, but hey. I think at the very least it went far better than the first exam. (If it didn’t, I think my soul might actually vaporize)

tenor.gif

yassssssss !

• Like 1

On 4/20/2019 at 9:58 AM, Miaulin said:

i missed some bits and started to quote the Spider-Verse "Leap of Faith" thing at you but then i saw

giphy.gif

S A M E  DX ewwww i appreciate the Aesthetics of Spring and Summer with everything all pretty and green and sunny but boy golly do i wish we could just have autumn temperatures year-round :lol:

Autumn is my FAVORITEST

(Also I’m so glad you liked spiderverse :D)

any little thing to get a foothold and keep from slipping is good to have in the toolbelt :) i hope you find some things that work for you mon amie!

Thank you! Seems to be working ok so far? I find it’s hard to remember to practice mindfulness in the moments I need to though.  

tenor.gif

yassssssss !

I ran into my prof and said “I feel a lot better about this exam than the last one” and he said

”you’ll feel even better once I hand it back”

!!!!!!! Jhskgnskdh

>>>——————>

Hi pals! It is week one! Monday I had some anxiety of the “clearly you’re a nutcase and everyone hates you” variety, but I got through it with the help of distractions (like a colloquium about the Higgs boson!). Like I said above, it’s hard to remember to be mindful in the moments like this when I really need to. Any tips?

I took the slightly longer route to walk home again and it was lovely to have the shade cos it was v hot and sunny yesterday. Ugh :P 

uhhh... I think that’s pretty much it for now xD tschau!

• Like 2

Tips for those thoughts? Hmmmm meditate, listen to a good song mega loud, come on here and chat to us or to a friend. TELL PEOPLE HOW YOU FEEL is most important i think. Dont bottle those thoughts up....they will eat you alive. 

You are loved Shadri!!! xx

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 10:04 AM, Salinger said:

Tips for those thoughts? Hmmmm meditate, listen to a good song mega loud, come on here and chat to us or to a friend. TELL PEOPLE HOW YOU FEEL is most important i think. Dont bottle those thoughts up....they will eat you alive. 

You are loved Shadri!!! xx

All good and important things! My problem is remembering to do them :P 

Thank you!! You are loved too <3<3

>>>———————>

WOW sorry for falling off the map again guys. Nothing much to report though tbh haha. Life has just been hard lately. I’m feeling pretty burnt out. Wouldn’t you know it, trying to handle mental health and grad school and life in general is effing exhausting. My final exam is the 17th, and then once I’m finished grading physics 1 finals, I’ll be free to rest for a little while. I have a copy of Ready Player One (the book) on loan from a friend, and a plane ticket to go see my family and my fiancé. I’m getting married in 87 days. Hdjsvdjajxks

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Wedding stress is probably adding to that pile of burnout. Good for you for identifying why it's ok to feel that way rather than beating yourself up for feeling that way.

Probably, yeah. I didn’t even think of that, cos most of the planning is done and the stuff that’s left is being taken care of by other people, but it’s definitely stressing me out, worrying whether everything will be done on time. I’ve been practicing allowing myself to feel my feelings and instead of beating myself up for feeling them, I try and find out why I’m feeling them. I’m not always successful, I still beat myself up sometimes; but I’m getting a lot better at it.

• Like 3