• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman: One challenge left before Vegas!

Got my measurements done this morning. Also hit up C25K Week 9 day 1 :)

Already got in my 10k steps for the day. I decided to go with the improve 5k program after this one is done. Why not try going faster ;)

I am actually pretty happy with today so far. My kid is out of school for spring break. Usually, that means I end up doing nothing all day. Not this week! haha.

Heading to the Barracuda hockey game tonight, instead of bowling. Hopefully the cuda win :) 

Week 0 didn't go too badly. I still had a few calorie high days. I didn't get to workout like I wanted. I did run though. Still, this is week 1, so time to kick it into gear :)

• Like 6

I think you had a great week 1 overall and I hope the hockey game went well.

I think its great you are going to do the improvement 5K program. That is awesome.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Bean Sidhe said:

I think you had a great week 1 overall and I hope the hockey game went well.

I think its great you are going to do the improvement 5K program. That is awesome.

The Barracuda lost, but I still had a good time. The new program might take me a few months to get through, but that is fine too. Who knows, maybe I will switch to 4 day a week runs in the future challenges :) Either way, I look forward to be getting faster 

This morning things are starting off with some struggle. I didn't get up and workout like I wanted, and I haven't gone for any way yet. Usually bad signs when I push things off to do "later". I did get some stuff done though. Went to Costco and Sprouts. Put stuff away, then did a few things around the house

Day 1 recap:

Goal#1 - Control your foods

2146 Calories, 18.2 net carbs. 1223 calories remaining. 46 calories over my top, but that is pretty close. I was short a bit on my fasting goal. 16 hours 34 mins fasted.

4/6

Goal#2 - Exercise you must!

12,431 steps. 87 active minutes. C25k Week 9 Day 1 finished (3 mile run)

4/4

Goal#3 - Get sleep in

Reading started just slightly after 10:30 PM. I was off to bed at 11:30 PM. Sleep tracked 11:35 PM to 6:59 AM. 

4/4

Goal#4 - Use week 1 to finish your computer area

No actual work don here yet. I might not be able to get any today, but I at least hope to move some of the boxes.

Good Day 1. I hope to get Day 2 in order quickly ;) 

• Like 4

For whatever reason, I am feeling hungry. Really fighting the urge to go eat all the things. Maybe it was because pizza came home haha. My Miracle noodles with spaghetti sauce just wasn't enough I guess.

Time to drink more water ;) Maybe I can distract myself with working out and walking. I still haven't got that in. 

• Like 2

Ok, Tuesday didn't go so great. I didn't walk or workout. I did get wrapped up in the Sharks vs Nights hockey game. I just did get in everything else though.

Yesterday went well enough. I got in my run. I was sweating bullets out there. 82 degrees out there. I fought hard to not give in and stop.  Got in my steps, and kept food where I wanted it.

Car is acting up still. We don't have time or money to take it back into the shop, so we are just going to have to live with it I guess. I was going to work on my computer area today, but I am in a holding pattern. Apparently my dog use the bathroom out on our patio. (We let him hang out there every no and then). It dripped down to our downstairs neighbors patio. The maintenance guys are coming to scrub the patios down today. No more patio time for the dog, and I feel shitty about the downstairs people.

So bleh. I did get some steps in already, and I have been doing some cleaning around the house. Figured since I was here, may as well get a workout in, so I did that too.

3 x 10 wrist curls (15 lbs dumbbell)

3 x 10 reverse wrist curls (15 lbs dumbbell)

3 x 10 reverse grip bicep curls (15 lbs dumbbell)

3 x 10 Overhead tricep raises (15 lbs dumbbell)

3 x 10 bicep curls (15 lbs dumbbell)

Still have yet to break my fast today. About a 1/2 hour before I do that. Time to get more cleaning done while I wait I guess haha.

• Like 4

Impressive work in that run. If only your dog had that kind of discipline when it came to bladder control. 

• Like 1

Finished off C25K Week 9 today :) I will do the actual 5K run on Monday. Already over 10k steps. 20 hour fasting done today. Just need to make sure the calories stay in check, and I get to bed on time.

The 3 miles run really kicks my butt, so I feel like such an old man every time I get up haha. I need to get a few boxes moved off my shelf at least.

• Like 3

04/22 - 2145 Calories, 18.2 net carbs. 16 hrs 34 mins fasting. - 4 points

04/23 - 2033 Calories, 19.7 net carbs. 21 hrs, 1 min fasting. - 6 points

04/24 - 2119 Calories, 14 net carbs. 18 hrs 50 mins fasting. - 6 points

04/25 - 2042 Calories, 12.4 net carbs. 18 hrs 12 mins fasting. - 6 points

04/26 - 3678 Calories, 31.7 net carbs. fasting not tracked. - 0 points

04/27 - 4969 Calories, 81 net carbs. 13 hrs 52 mins fasting. - 0 points

04/28 - 3302 Calories, 42.9 net carbs. fasting not tracked. - 0 points

22/42 points this week.

04/22 - 12,431 steps. 87 active minutes. Week 9 Day 1 C25K finished. - 4 points

04/23 - 2,668 steps, 12 active minutes. No workout done. - 0 points

04/24 - 10,391 steps. 90 active minutes. Week 9 Day 2 C25K finished. - 4 points

04/25 - 10.020 steps. 72 active minutes. Workout done at home. - 4 points

04/26 - 11,845 steps. 83 active minutes. Week 9 Day 3 C25K finished. - 4 points

04/27 - 1,296 steps. 0 active minutes. No workout done. - 0 points.

04/28 - 1,371 steps. 0  active minutes. (Rest day)

16/24 points this week

Goal#3 - Get sleep in

04/22 - 11:35 PM to 6:59 AM. 6 hrs 59 mins. Reading done. 4 points

04/23 - 11:52 PM to 9:43 AM. 8 hrs 16 mins. Reading done. 2 points

04/24 - 11:40 PM to 6:59 AM. 6 hrs 32 mins. Reading done. 4 points

04/25 - 11:49 PM to 7:12 AM. 6 hrs 49 mins. Reading done. 4 point

04/26 - 1:45 AM to 11:26 AM. 8 hrs 25 mins. No reading. - 0 points

04/27 - 2:36 AM to 10:38 AM. 6 hrs 12 mins. No reading. - 0 points

04/28 - 11:35 PM to 6:59 AM. Reading done. - 4 points

18/28 points this week.

Nothing really done here. It seemed like everything else just had to happen this last week. Though, I had time to get it moving, I just didn't. Plan is to try to tackle bits and pieces during the week, then maybe have a big finisher on the weekend.

Total points this week: 56/94 - 59%

That feels pretty much right. I am pretty upset with myself on how I let myself do so good, then ruin it all by having 2 or 3 days of massive calories and no exercise. Letting all things just spiral out of control.

My weight was going great. Started off the week at 263.8 lbs. got to 262.3 lbs on Thursday. Then disaster strikes with me eating all the things. bam, I am at 269.2 lbs today. sigh. Fat brain wins this rounds I guess. Time to stop lettign it in the driver seat. Healthy brain needs to take over more permanently!

A big problem is I am not sure what is triggering this all. For months, I have been stuck at this weight area. I did this years ago when I lost weight too, only it seemed like my hover weight was 270-280. I feel like I need to do something to really break though this barrier again. It is a stall completely made up of my own doing.

On payday, I am going to get a calendar white board to start using. Something visual for me to see each day. I am, even looking into some meditation apps. I'm just thinking maybe I need to spend some time pumping myself up. Trying to build up that mental/emotional barrier to help tackle whatever the day brings on. Maybe my wife bringing in Dunkin doughnuts  this weekend triggered something to make me eat out. Or all the easter candy around that I couldn't eat. I have fought off that stuff before, and honestly don't feel tempted by the doughnuts. It's just all I can think of. That sugar smell sending e off into a eating frenzy.

This week, I will attempt to do better, AND survive the weekend haha.

• Like 3

That's a pity about the weekend, but on the plus side, you did really well during the rest of the week. 

I like your idea of a calendar white board, what are you planning to write down on it? Motivational quotes, minimum exercise requirements, planned exercise/food, etc? I have two spare whiteboards in my home at the moment, and I just cannot figure out a good format that is not demotivating if I miss my goals a few days. I'm looking to you for inspiration ;).

During the weekend, would it help you to do something simple like doing one Pokemon Go gym battle in the morning? You have to get dressed before you go out, you feel productive on having achieved something small so early again, etc. For me it helps to set the tone of the day, and it helps in keeping on track. 

• Like 2

Yeah, I think my plan with the calendar board is to have walks and workouts etc planned out. Then I can check mark them off as they get done. I also want to make a scale of sorts. Like I have a range of weight. Then each day I can make the mark as to where I am at. Like if I have 250 marks as my next goal, I can see I am moving closer to that goal (or further). I know that I can do without all this snacking and such. I have done it before, and even have done it easy enough during the last week. I just have to get myself retrained I suppose. :) 

I know the best thing for me on the weekends (or any day really) is to get out there and do something early. If I let myself slide, it is much harder to make myself go out and get it. Not always impossible, but much harder :) 

I am telling myself each day, and night before I go to bed that I have this week. Trying to get some positive re-enforcement built up in my head already haha.

Yesterday went well. I was actually way under my Calories on the day. Mostly because I was eating later, and just wasn't hungry to try to fill in the calorie gap.

Food: 1588 Calories, 15.2 net carbs. 18 hrs 13 mins fasting done.

Exercise: 13,781 steps. 74 active minutes. I ran the full 5K yesterday.

That was all I had left in the C25K program. Now I move on to the 5K improvement one.

Sleep: 11:35 PM to 7:01 AM. 7 hrs 2 mins. I got in my reading also.

So overall, great day. I just need to keep doing this each day this week. I have gotten in one walk this morning. I will need to finish off my step goal, and get my workout in. Still fasting, so I will do my best to workout while fasted when I get home. Then I can get my eat on haha. 

• Like 3

Congratulations on the 5km! 

I'm the same with the weekend thing, I need to have done at least SOMETHING before 10 or I go crazy. Most people don't understand this, and think I'm being great for getting my chores out of the way early in the morning. Glad to see that I'm not the only one :).

• Like 3

Good job on your 5K! You've been working so hard to get that fast. I've read that when you hit a plateau like that it's a good time to shake things up a bit, and it sounds like you've got a good plan with the whiteboard, it'll help you visualise things and see where the gaps are.

• Like 1

On 4/29/2019 at 1:53 PM, Tateman said:

My weight was going great. Started off the week at 263.8 lbs. got to 262.3 lbs on Thursday. Then disaster strikes with me eating all the things. bam, I am at 269.2 lbs today. sigh. Fat brain wins this rounds I guess. Time to stop lettign it in the driver seat. Healthy brain needs to take over more permanently!

A big problem is I am not sure what is triggering this all. For months, I have been stuck at this weight area. I did this years ago when I lost weight too, only it seemed like my hover weight was 270-280. I feel like I need to do something to really break though this barrier again. It is a stall completely made up of my own doing.

On payday, I am going to get a calendar white board to start using. Something visual for me to see each day. I am, even looking into some meditation apps. I'm just thinking maybe I need to spend some time pumping myself up. Trying to build up that mental/emotional barrier to help tackle whatever the day brings on. Maybe my wife bringing in Dunkin doughnuts  this weekend triggered something to make me eat out. Or all the easter candy around that I couldn't eat. I have fought off that stuff before, and honestly don't feel tempted by the doughnuts. It's just all I can think of. That sugar smell sending e off into a eating frenzy.

My noom readings gave me some thoughts about this... but I'm exhausted, so if I don't make sense, remind me to try again.

Regarding hitting a plateau, this is perfectly normal. The recommendation is to keep doing what you're doing. Don't stop, don't start something new. What you can do, is look for a different way to measure for a bit. So instead of looking at your weight. Maybe look at how you feel? How do your clothes fit? How's your mood? How's your sleep? How's your digestion? Think about something else and use that as a measure while you keep doing what you're doing. Your body will balance out again and you'll push through the plateau and start going down again. Don't give up!

Social pressure is a real thing... that sugar smell is a real thing too (I suffer with that too, I don't even enjoy the donut when I eat it, oh, but that smell) Meditation is great for helping build up your mindfulness, have you tried insight timer? There's some good stuff and it used to be a free app, it's been a while, so I don't know if it still is. The recommendation here, if you know you're going to face the smell of sugar is to make a plan ahead of time. Even if it's not scheduled for every Saturday, just have a plan for when the donut smell's are attacking you. Figure out what you can let yourself have or a way to cope. If the donuts being out in the open with smell wafting is the bad part, then, instead of leaving them in that cardboard box on the counter, put then in something with a sealable lid that keeps the scent in, and don't open it! If it's the taste, come up with something you CAN have, and let yourself have that instead. If it's all too much and you need to get out, use that as your trigger to do your C25K. Just think about what you know your body will want, and think about what you'd like to do instead. Have a mental plan, and when you're faced with the donut attack, follow the plan. You want have to waste any time being lured by that donut smell as it wafts across the room into your nostrils. The second you smell it, put your plan into action and go on the defensive. You've got this! This works for any temptation...supposedly. :)

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Waanie said:

Congratulations on the 5km! 

I'm the same with the weekend thing, I need to have done at least SOMETHING before 10 or I go crazy. Most people don't understand this, and think I'm being great for getting my chores out of the way early in the morning. Glad to see that I'm not the only one :).

Thanks. I have even done smaller things in the morning just to get me going. Like I did the dishes in the morning, early win for the day. easier to do other stuff. haha. 

18 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Good job on your 5K! You've been working so hard to get that fast. I've read that when you hit a plateau like that it's a good time to shake things up a bit, and it sounds like you've got a good plan with the whiteboard, it'll help you visualise things and see where the gaps are.

Thanks! I hope the white board will help me at least to see a progress to want to keep me going if I need it. My plateau has really been cause by me having these overeating fits really. Otherwise, I think I would be lower weight already haha. I've thought of trying to change things up with eating Keto. Like Once a month, having a "cheat" meal. Somethings that I still crave. Like there is a really good eggroll place near me, and I do miss having that. I know the carbs would probably make me feel sick If I had ton that meal. Still, just an idea I have been having. Would it help me stick to food/calories etc that I want most f the time, just so I can get in whatever meal later. Not sure.

18 hours ago, J3NN said:

My noom readings gave me some thoughts about this... but I'm exhausted, so if I don't make sense, remind me to try again.

Regarding hitting a plateau, this is perfectly normal. The recommendation is to keep doing what you're doing. Don't stop, don't start something new. What you can do, is look for a different way to measure for a bit. So instead of looking at your weight. Maybe look at how you feel? How do your clothes fit? How's your mood? How's your sleep? How's your digestion? Think about something else and use that as a measure while you keep doing what you're doing. Your body will balance out again and you'll push through the plateau and start going down again. Don't give up!

Social pressure is a real thing... that sugar smell is a real thing too (I suffer with that too, I don't even enjoy the donut when I eat it, oh, but that smell) Meditation is great for helping build up your mindfulness, have you tried insight timer? There's some good stuff and it used to be a free app, it's been a while, so I don't know if it still is. The recommendation here, if you know you're going to face the smell of sugar is to make a plan ahead of time. Even if it's not scheduled for every Saturday, just have a plan for when the donut smell's are attacking you. Figure out what you can let yourself have or a way to cope. If the donuts being out in the open with smell wafting is the bad part, then, instead of leaving them in that cardboard box on the counter, put then in something with a sealable lid that keeps the scent in, and don't open it! If it's the taste, come up with something you CAN have, and let yourself have that instead. If it's all too much and you need to get out, use that as your trigger to do your C25K. Just think about what you know your body will want, and think about what you'd like to do instead. Have a mental plan, and when you're faced with the donut attack, follow the plan. You want have to waste any time being lured by that donut smell as it wafts across the room into your nostrils. The second you smell it, put your plan into action and go on the defensive. You've got this! This works for any temptation...supposedly. :)

Yeah, normally, I don't think those things bother me that much. I mean, I am surrounded by the stuff all the time. Cookies, candy, all that stuff is around. I'm the only one eating Keto (or even that healthy) in the household.

With the plateau, I know in the past I have hit them. I just kept thing going on. Eventually, it would workout. They one I have been in now is really just caused by me having these overeating periods. It's just I have been still doing it. Before, I was pretty low on calories. I did up that to more calories, and that was working fine. I just seems to get in these feeding frenzies sometimes. Self sabotage. This week though, I am trying to really get myself on track there. I did eat a little later last night. I was just extra hungry (still had plenty of calories to spare) So I heated up some chicken breasts and had some sunflower seeds to tide me over ;)

• Like 3

Got in my day 1 of the 5k improver today

Man intervals can really suck haha. 

Yesterday was a good day.

Food: 1791 Calories, 14 net carbs. 21 hrs 52 mins fasting

Exercise: 10,052 steps, 97 active minutes. I didn't workout when I wanted, but I still made it happen. Went to the apartment complex fitness center and moved some weights. Superset Lat pull down 3 x 10 (120 lbs, 140 lbs the last two), One arm dumbbell rows 3 x 10 (25 lbs). Then superset rope grip pull down 3 x 10 (40 lbs, then 60 lbs last two) and bar arm curls 3 x 10 (60 lbs). That was about 9:45 PM. I went out to walk the rest of my steps. At least mostly. Then finished off the steps in the house before reading.

Sleep: 11:40 PM to 7 AM. 6 hrs 44 mins. Got in my reading as well. Had a bit of trouble with sleep last night. Got up early, and never really got back into that full sleep. Or at least felt that way haha.

Had some stuff to deal with yesterday, and that put me off for a bit. I am really happy I did get myself to the gym and push some bit of workout. Just trying to tackle each day this week. I want to have a really good week!

• Like 4

Wednesday was a good day too. I just need to keep this rolling all week. :) 

Food: 1816 Calories, 17.1 net carbs. 19 hrs 24 mins fasted.

Exercise: Day 1 Week 1 of the 5K Improver plan done. I really hate and love intervals ;) I think I might have went too fast at first, because I was struggling to not quit on the last few. I tried just slowing up, and saving myself for a bigger push at the end. Still, all the times on the intervals were faster then when I ran the 5K on Monday. Step wise, I was at 10,516. 64 active minutes. Now I did miss out on a few steps, because I had to charge my fitbit. No bog amount or anything, I made sure to get over the 10k mark.

Sleep: 11:40 PM to 7 AM. 6 hrs 47 mins. Got in my reading as well. Overall my sleep was ok, but woke up a few times. 

For today, I got in one walk this morning. I'll also have bowling tonight. I want to get in my workout before bowling though I think. I can do it when I am home from bowling, but I would rather just get it done. :)

Scale has jumped down quite a bit this weekend, so maybe I have dropped the water weight after eating so much last weekend. Her is hoping I can keep this rolling ;)

• Like 5

Nice start of the week :). Your food and exercise are really on point, and I hope you will break your plateau soon!

• Like 1

Quick blurb before I head off to read.

Today I did not run, or get 10,000 steps. My Oldest was up super early with kidney stone pain, which meant we were up. Then we had already bought tickets to see Avengers: Endgame. So going to that, and everything else, life just happened. I could have certainly tried to run tonight. Instead, I figured I would just let things happen. So today is more of a rest day I guess. still over 5k steps at least. We did still get stuff done (shopping etc) So it isn't like the day is a total loss.  Yesterday/last night I did get everything in as well. Even my workout right before reading time haha.

Tonight, I fought the fat brain off. Coming home from the movie, I really wanted to get myself another cookie, and/or other things to eat. But, I have been winning on the scale, and I just reminded myself that I wanted to keep wining this week. I had more then enough calories on the day with me not getting in a run and steps. So I will get up in the morning, and get my run in. Then I think Sunday, I will workout. Or maybe I just workout tomorrow as well. I'll see how my mood is then.

This was my snack bag I snuck into the theater ;)

Also a powerade zero to drink :D

• Like 4

Kidney Stone pain? Blimey. That sounds pretty grim. Understandable that you'd want to keep things chilled after that though I think. 

Snack bag seems like a good strategy - cinema snacks aren't known for being especially healthy!

• Like 1

Well, things went off the rails again this weekend. Though, I kept it much more reigned in for my food. Oldest kid was over his kidney stone pain. Then didn't have any flair up after that. We did all go and see Avenger's EndGame, and it was great. We even got tickets for Detective Pikachu already haha. Time to recap the week.

04/29 - 1589 Calories, 15.2 g net carbs. 18 hrs 13 mins fasting. - 6 points

04/30 - 1792 Calories, 14 g net carbs. 21 hrs 52 mins fasting. - 6 points

05/01 - 1871 Calories, 17.2 g net carbs. 19 hrs 24 mins fasting. - 6 points

05/02 - 1877 Calories, 8.3 g net carbs. 20 hrs 20 mins fasting. - 6 points

05/03 - 1983 Calories, 12.8 g net carbs. 19 hrs 1 min fasting. - 6 points

05/04 - 2341 Calories, 17.5 g net carbs. 17 hrs 51 mins fasting. - 4 points

05/05 - 2523 Calories, 20 g net carbs. 18 hrs 50 mins fasting. - 4 points

Two days I was over calories, so no point for that. One day I was slightly under 18 hrs fasted by just a few minutes. Those last three days were little to no exercise, and I was eating more. Still, I did not let it snow ball out of control like I did last week.

38/42 Points

04/29 - 13,781 steps. 5K run done. - 4 points

04/30 - 10,052 steps. Gym workout done. - 4 points

05/01 - 10,516 steps. 5K Improver Day 1 week 1 done. - 4 points

05/02 - 11,530 steps. Dumbbell workout done. - 4 points

05/03 - 5,230 steps. No run done. - 0 points

05/04 - 3,274 steps. No workout done. - 0 points

05/05 - 1,145 steps "rest" day

So you can see I really dropped the ball this weekend. Like stuff happened, but I totally could have gotten things in. I just didn't

16/24 points

Goal#3 - Get sleep in

04/29 - 11:35 PM to 7:01 AM. 7 hrs 2 mins. Reading done. - 4 points

04/30 - 11:40 PM to 7 AM. 6 hrs 44 mins. Reading done. - 4 points

05/01 - 11:40 PM to 7 AM. 6 hrs 47 mins. Reading done. - 4 points

05/02 - 11:52 PM to 8:40 AM. 7 hrs 28 mins. Reading done.(was actually up before 4 AM with the oldest kid. Then tried getting back to sleep) - 4 points

05/03 - 11:38 PM to 9:42 AM. 9 hrs 1 min. Reading done. - 4 points

05/04 - 3:33 AM to 9:16 AM. 5 hrs 17 mins. No reading. - 0 points

05/05 - 11:33 PM to 6:54 AM. 6 hrs 24 mins. Reading done. - 4 points

24/28 points

No work done on this. Too much life happened. Going to try picking off a little piece at a time this week.

Total points - 78/94 - 82%

Much better week. Actually lost quite a bit this week as well on the scale. 11.8 lbs total. 257.9 lbs today. I don't expect to lose much this coming week, but I can hope haha. I just need to keep myself focused.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Oh sh*t. I had a kidney stone once. Worst pain ever. Glad Oldest is better.

I never had any kidney stones to experience, but this is the third for the oldest this year. Maybe two, but not sure. Luckily, they have been small I guess, and it seems a few hours of pain is all he has had to endure.

5 hours ago, Rookie said:

Great job despite your laxed weekend. 11.8lbs is amazing

Thanks. I was pretty please. I am sure it is all water weight haha :)

Little kid is out sick from school today. Had a feeling last night, so I started to mentally prepare myself this morning to do things different from my normal routine. I fought off the urge to lie in bed looking at instagram or whatever for hours, so that is a plus ;) I also got out and got in one walk today.

Yesterday went well.

Food: 

2136 Calories, 7.4 net carbs. 18 hour fast.

Exercise:

14,101 steps. I also ran the 5K Improver Week 1 Day 2. (5K run)

I tried to focus on my pace like the app suggested. I think I might have started off too fast, but overall it went well. Felt like puking afterwards haha. I guess I pushed hard enough. Compared to the 5K I ran last week, this one was 2 minutes faster.

Sleep:

11:42 PM to 7:02 AM. 6 hrs 43 mins. Reading done.

I did feel tired this morning, and wanted to just go back to sleep since my son wasn't going to school. I know if I did though, I would probably not have done much today.

• Like 3