• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tateman

Tateman: One challenge left before Vegas!

The 2 minutes off your 5km is great :). It's also nice to see that even though the weekend was not as good as the weekdays, at least it was much better than the weekend before that.

I also love how you consistently manage to get more than 10k steps in each day. How is that distributed over your day? Even on the days that I walk for an hour, I rarely get so many steps in...

8 hours ago, Waanie said:

The 2 minutes off your 5km is great :). It's also nice to see that even though the weekend was not as good as the weekdays, at least it was much better than the weekend before that.

I also love how you consistently manage to get more than 10k steps in each day. How is that distributed over your day? Even on the days that I walk for an hour, I rarely get so many steps in...

I usually get most the steps in one shot. So like on Monday. My running plus a little extra walking gets me to 9-10k usually. Then bowling at night is an easy 2-3k more steps. For days I don't run, I usually go for a 3 1/2 mile walk in the morning. That can get me 5-6k steps. Sometimes I will go for a second walk to help get in the rest later, or even a few short walks.

I do notice I still sit around a lot. I have been looking into changing things a bit and focus more on movement through the day vs just getting in steps.

Last night, I needed 1300 steps to reach 10k still. So when I was doing my reading before bed, I also was walking around the living room/kitchen area to get in the steps. It's a small little loop, but I got it in ;)

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Tateman said:

I usually get most the steps in one shot. So like on Monday. My running plus a little extra walking gets me to 9-10k usually. Then bowling at night is an easy 2-3k more steps. For days I don't run, I usually go for a 3 1/2 mile walk in the morning. That can get me 5-6k steps. Sometimes I will go for a second walk to help get in the rest later, or even a few short walks.

I do notice I still sit around a lot. I have been looking into changing things a bit and focus more on movement through the day vs just getting in steps.

Thanks for elaborating :). I have a 5-6km walk in the morning, which indeed has around 6k steps as well. I also notice that I sit a lot during the rest of the day, maybe I should address that in a future challenge as well. I don't want to do steps just to get steps in, although that is probably still better than just sitting...

• Like 1

Alrighty, let's recap this last week.

Goal#1 - Control your foods

05/06 - 2136 Calories, 7.4 g net carbs. 18 hour fasting. - 6 points

05/07 - 1928 Calories, 15.5 g net carbs. 18 hrs 27 mins fasting. - 6 points

05/08 - 3130 Calories. 20.6 g net carbs. 19 hrs 26 mins fasting. - 4 points

05/09 - 2466 Calories, 16. 4 g net carbs. 18 hrs 2 mins fasting. - 4 points

05/10 - 4866 Calories, 52.6 g net carbs. 18 hrs 55 mins fasting. - 2 points

05/11 - 3982 Calories. 55.1 g net carbs. 18 hrs 17 mins fasting. - 2 points

05/12 - 4013 Calories, 55. 9 g net carbs. No fasting. - 0 points

24/42 points

Goal#2 - Exercise you must!

05/06 - 14,101 steps. 5K ran. - 4 points

05/07 - 10,014 steps. Dumbbell workout done. - 4 points

05/08 - 1,183 steps. No run done. - 0 points

05/09 - 4,575 steps. No workout done. - 0 points

05/10 - 10,670 steps. Interval running done. - 4 points

05/11 - 7,179 steps. No workout done. - 0 points

05/12 - 1,336 steps. "rest" day

12/24 points

Goal#3 - Get sleep in

05/06 - 11:42 PM to 7:02 AM. Reading done. - 4 points

05/07 - 11:49 PM to 8:58 AM. Reading done. - 4 points

05/08 - 1:43 AM to 6:58 AM. No reading done. - 0 points

05/09 - 11:45 PM to 6:59 AM. Reading done. - 4 points

05/10 - 3 AM to 8:39 AM. No reading done. - 0 points

05/11 - 2:44 AM to 9:55 AM. No reading done. - 0 points

05/12 - 11:40 PM to 6:58 AM. No reading done. - 2 points

14/28 points

Goal#4 - Use week 1 to finish your computer area

Nothing done here

50/94 Total Points - 53%

So there was my week. Absolutely horrible. I tried a little to get my head straight, but it just wasn't happening, and I gave into just letting it happen. There was some highlights on the week at least. I did get out and have a 5K run that was faster. I also did get on interval run in. I missed the third run though. Saturday, the family all say Detective Pikachu. It was ok. I wasn't blown away by it, but entertaining enough ;) The I told the fam that I was going to walk home. They all though I was crazy. Honestly, It isn't that far. Maybe 4 miles kinda. It was a good walk, but even with that, I couldn't be bothered to finish out the day for 10K steps.

Not exactly sure where it all kinda went sideways. My youngest was out for a couple of days, but I have dealt with that before. This week I just didn't. I had that combo effect. Lack of sleeping made it much easier for me to just say F it. Then one I already "messed up" for the day, then it is easy to just give into a fail day. It seemed the self sabotage side of my was kicking in hardcore, and wouldn't be satisfied until it saw me gain plenty of weight back. Back up to 262.9 lbs this morning. 5.3 lbs gained this week. :( really disappointed in myself this week, but this has been my back and fourth for months now.

This week, I am striving to regain myself again though. Started off this morning with my 5K run. Let me tell you, I am paying for all that overeating. Especially eating later at night last night. My stomach was hurting really badly on this run. I almost gave in and stopped. I kept going though. Slower time, but it was important for me to just be able to finish it.

Going to remind myself each day that I can do this. I will do this. Let me see if I can 100% this week to close out the challenge :)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, Tateman said:

Going to remind myself each day that I can do this. I will do this. Let me see if I can 100% this week to close out the challenge :)

That's a really good attitude to take into the week. You can still rock this!

• Like 1

Started off with a good start to the week.

Food:

1751 Calories, 19.9 g net carbs. 20 hrs 37 mins fasting.

Exercise:

11,127 steps. Ran a 5K in the morning.

Sleep:

11:28 PM to 7:03 AM. Reading done.

I even spent some time clearing boxes off the shelf area in my computer area :) So finally did something there haha.

This morning I started off with a bigger walk. 5.5 miles. I walked over to the park I usually run at. About 2.5 miles in, I stopped to get a little bit of a workout done (2 arm exercises 3 sets by 10 reps each one). After that, I finished the walk.

I still want to do a little bit of dumbbell workout when I get home too. Also finish off steps. (at 8,900 currently) 18 hour fast will be over at 2 PM, but I probably won't eat until closer to 4 PM. Depends if I want to try to bake some chicken or not when I get home :)

I really want to get the 100% completed this week. Just have to keep focusing on each day.

• Like 5

It's a pity that last week went sideways :(. I'm the same, as in if one goal is not achieved, I give up on the entire day (or even week). It is hard to break out of, but I'm glad that you started this week with a positive attitude and got some work in. And, you know, you can actually run a 5km now. You did it not once, not twice, but even three times already. Even under suboptimal circumstances, you still do it.

Considering your weight, you are now 3lbs lighter than at the start of the challenge. Of course we never know how much of that is water (especially with varying carbs so much over the days), but I still think one pound per week is a nice loss :)

Go chase those goals!

h2B5EF034

• Like 3

I actually had a similar conversation with someone recently. They were upset that they could only do a certain amount of running now. They were injured for awhile. I just reminded them to keep pushing. My birthday in November I decided to see how far I could run. (having not run in a very long time) I barely made it a 1/2 mile. I have had setbacks since then too, but now I am running 5Ks. So just some time and patience. I just need to remember that for myself too sometimes. ;) 

So far this week is going well. Still trying to keep myself pumped up for each day.

Food:

1704 Calories, 19.5 g net carbs. 19 hrs 59 minutes fasting.

Exercise:

10,248 steps. Workout done during the walk.

Sleep:

11:39 PM to 6:31 AM. Reading done.

Good day overall. This morning, I did my intervals running. Almost got rained on, but beat it. Also hit 10,000 steps already. Also hit 18 hours fasted already, but won't be home for another 3 hours or so. I have been tempted with the idea of a super long fast, but I feel like I don't want to wait until tomorrow to eat haha.

• Like 4

Continuing the forward movement this week.

Food:

1679 Calories, 6.7 g net carbs. 22 hrs 52 mins fasted

Exercise:

11,553 steps. 5K Improver Week 2 Day 1 done (intervals)

Sleep:

11:45 PM to 6:59 AM. Reading done.

I also did a little bit of work in my shelf/computer area.

We have some rain in the area. I got my run in yesterday just in time to not get rained on. My walk this morning I almost made it haha. Got a bit wet. Will see if I can get another walk in before I pick up my kid from school. I do have Bowling tonight as well to help out with steps ;) I also need to get in a workout today. 

• Like 4

We got your rain today... I assume... It seems like there's a natural pattern... you guys get it, then we get it. It was the best rain storm all year because it cleaned off my car and windshield, but was done quickly and blew out leaving blue sky and big white fluffy clouds. The best!

Looks like you're doing great with your challenge... way to get ready for Vegas!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, J3NN said:

We got your rain today... I assume... It seems like there's a natural pattern... you guys get it, then we get it. It was the best rain storm all year because it cleaned off my car and windshield, but was done quickly and blew out leaving blue sky and big white fluffy clouds. The best!

Looks like you're doing great with your challenge... way to get ready for Vegas!

thanks! I have a friend that lives down in the Los Angeles area. He seems to get rain spells  too when or around when they hit us :) about 50/50 this challenge. I seem to have a good week, then a bad week. This week, things are looking good though. I just have to maintain it. Already trying to think of what I should focus on for next challenge.

Yesterday was a good day overall.

Food:

2007 Calories, 19.3 g net carbs. 21 hrs 41 mins fasted.

I ate a bit ore then I have the past couple of days. Mostly, because I actually felt hungry. I stayed under my limits though, and did go extra low like I have the past couple of days.

Exercise:

10,074 steps. Dumbbell Workout done after bowling. I did my last 800 or so steps while starting my reading.

Sleep:

My Fitbit didn't properly catch my sleep. I was in bed at 11:32 PM to 7 AM. Fitbit though 12:58 AM is when I went to sleep. Maybe I was just a bit more restless last night. I did also get my reading done. Current book is on my kindle, so it was easier to use while I walked around for a bit ;)

I had bowling last night. It was position round. My team was in 1st place by 1 point. The league has two halves. This is the last week for the second half. We had to win 2 out of 3 games to win 1st place in this half. First game we were down by 100 pins going into the 10th frame. But then we really came alive. We almost pulled of the massive come from behind. We lost first game by 4 pins. 7 points total per night, 2 each game and 1 for total pins at the end. So now the other team was in the lead by 1. Game 2, we hit them hard. We won game 2 by 80 pins. That put us back in first by 1 point. The third game was close. I ended up striking out in the 10th frame, and that seem to put us over the hump. The last two bowler on my team did their job too, and we won. :) I bowled 197, 228, and 201 for a 626 series. We took 1st place for the second half. Next week is sweepers week. It is more of a fun week, but the two first place teams from each half battle it out to see who gets overall league first place. So next week I need to bowl well to get into first overall, and hopefully do well so I can get some sweepers money :)

Also, to help out the positivity of this week, I had two people tell me that I am looking great. One lady we were bowling against, and one of the guys working at the front desk. I hadn't seen him in awhile, so it was more of a shock for him ;) 

So, I just need to keep this positivity train rolling. I want to finish this week off. going for that 100% I just have to keep pushing. I am already thinking of things for the next challenge too. I'll be ready to start that week 0 I think haha

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, Tateman said:

My Fitbit didn't properly catch my sleep. I was in bed at 11:32 PM to 7 AM. Fitbit though 12:58 AM is when I went to sleep.

You can adjust the sleep log in Fitbit to reflect when you really slept, it should fill in the rest of the sleep map for that time, but it can be a little bit of a fight trying to switch it from after midnight to before.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Whisper said:

You can adjust the sleep log in Fitbit to reflect when you really slept, it should fill in the rest of the sleep map for that time, but it can be a little bit of a fight trying to switch it from after midnight to before.

Yeah, I did the edit too it. It happens every now and then :) Though the sleep graph didn't look like it adjusted well haha.

• Like 1

I mostly did well this week. Only missed my sleep time last night, then today on my rest day, I apparently had to eat all the things. Since the new threads are going, I suppose I shodul go ahead and recap.

Week 4 recap

Goal#1 - Control your foods

05/13 - 1751 Calories, 19.9 g net carbs. 20 hrs 37 mins fasted - 6 points

05/14 - 1704 Calories, 19.5 g net carbs. 19 hrs 59 minutes fasted - 6 points

05/15 - 1679 Calories, 6.7 g net carbs. 22 hrs 52 mins fasted - 6 points

05/16 - 2007 Calories, 19.3 g net carbs. 21 hrs 41 mins fasted - 6 points

05/17 - 2045 Calories, 19.8 g net carbs. 24 hours fasted - 6 points

05/18 - 2108 Calories, 19.5 g net carbs.18 hours fasted - 6 points

05/19 - 3454 Calories, 36.7 g net carbs. 20 hrs 58 mins fasted - 2 points

38/42 points

Goal#2 - Exercise you must!

05/13 - 11,127 steps. Ran a 5K in the morning. - 4 points

05/14 - 10,248 steps. Workout done during the walk - 4 points

05/15 - 11,553 steps. 5K Improver Week 2 Day 1 done (intervals) - 4 points

05/16 - 10,074 steps. Dumbbell Workout done - 4 points

05/17 - 11,245 steps. 5K Improver Week 2 day 2 done. - 4 points

05/18 - 10,270 steps. Workout done in apartment complex gym - 4 points

05/19 - 1,164 steps - "rest day"

24/24 points

Goal#3 - Get sleep in

05/13 - 11:28 PM to 7:03 AM. Reading done - 4 points

05/14 - 11:39 PM to 6:31 AM. Reading done - 4 points

05/15 - 11:45 PM to 6:59 AM. Reading done - 4 points

05/16 - 11:32 PM to 7 AM. Reading done - 4 points

05/17 - 11:42 PM to 7 AM. Reading done - 4 points

05/18 - 1:40 AM to 9:35 AM. No reading. - 0 points

05/19 - (tonight. Reading will get done, but not off PC in time) - 2 points

22/28 points

Goal#4 - Use week 1 to finish your computer area

A little bit of work here, but nothing major.

Total points for the week - 84/94 - 89%

Great week overall. Not perfect. I let myself slip up today with eating. Still I got in my exercise all week. I will have to try to get the challenge recap done tomorrow as my last post. Will get all the measurements in if I can. :)

• Like 5

Final wrap up numbers

Measurements:

Neck: 16.92 in / 17.44 in (Kinda sure I didn't have the same spot at measure)

Chest: 46.77 in / 46.22 in

Waist: 49.92 in / 48.30 in

Bicep (L) (no flex): 14.88 in / 14.84 in

Bicep (R) (no flex): 14.76 in / 14.29 in

Forearm (L): 12.12 in / 11.77 in

Forearm (R): 12.12 in / 11.92 in

Thigh (L): 25.59 in / 25.59 in

Thigh (R): 25.55 in / 25.55 in

Weight: 263.8 lbs / 255.9 lbs

Week 0 (4/15 - 4/21): test run

Week 1 (4/22 - 4/28): 56/94 - 59%

Week 2 (4/29 - 5/05): 78/94 - 82%

Week 3 (5/06 - 5/12): 50/94 - 53%

Week 4 (5/13 - 5/19): 84/94 - 89%

Total Challenge: 268/376 - 71%

So alternating bad week/good weeks haha. In the end, lost weight and numbers on the tape measure. Hit the 5K run level, and now have done multiple 5 k runs each week. I workout some, just not as consistent as I need to be. Room to improve there for sure. I mostly did well with my sleep routine I feel. Just need to get it nailed down. 

I didn't finish my bookshelf/computer area business, but  did start it out. Now I have to finish it haha.

Overall decent challenge, Now I need to make the new challenge goals.

• Like 6