• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Leimanu

Leimanu

I gave in to YouTube the last two nights and learned my lesson the hard way.  I stayed up super late just scrolling and woke up late for work. Of course Dad has low blood sugar that morning and has a hard time waking up, so I have to run late.

I've gone back to listening to podcasts/music while driving.  It's just too good.

My nightly ritual during dinner is now watching old Star Trek episodes.  I swear I watched these repeatedly as a teenager but really can't remember much. The first couple episodes were very ambitious with lighting and camera work, and yet this is what they came up as an alien. It's pretty important to the plot, too.

Star Trek GIF

• Like 2

I have the Artist's Way and I clearly need to just buckle down and spend time with it. I admire how dedicated you are. 

• Like 2

On 5/16/2019 at 11:16 AM, JessFit said:

I have the Artist's Way and I clearly need to just buckle down and spend time with it. I admire how dedicated you are. 

There were a couple rough starts.  Let's just say I"m very familiar with the first chapter.  

It's great, though.  The morning pages are actually really effective.  Surprisingly effective. It's great to just splat out a few pages of words and practice writing without being critical.  

I actually made it to the 6 week check in.  I"m half way through!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Leimanu said:

There were a couple rough starts.  Let's just say I"m very familiar with the first chapter.  

That's fine. Let's not count all the false starts we've made...
Awesome that you've done six weeks of it, that's a pretty good start to a habit. I assume you keep doing it even after you finish the book? 

• Like 1

On 5/18/2019 at 7:34 PM, Leimanu said:

It's great, though.  The morning pages are actually really effective.  Surprisingly effective. It's great to just splat out a few pages of words and practice writing without being critical.  

I actually made it to the 6 week check in.  I"m half way through!

I'm just someone who wakes up and has a very minimalist morning routine. I'm not a morning person who prefers getting to work early, so it is a bit of a contradiction. I have a 20 minute morning routine, including the shower. I imagine I'd struggle to get up with enough time to do this and then I'd worry that I didn't give myself enough time and not be able to focus. 

YAY for 6 weeks. 

On 5/19/2019 at 10:31 AM, Harriet said:

That's fine. Let's not count all the false starts we've made...
Awesome that you've done six weeks of it, that's a pretty good start to a habit. I assume you keep doing it even after you finish the book? 

I haven't considered after the book!

The end of the book is a few days before the July NaNoWriMo (NaJuWriMo?  I think they just call it summer camp) where I want to put in a ton of work on a few projects.  The plan is still forming. The Morning Pages is an excellent exercise for getting into the flow and was even used at a writers' conference I attended last Saturday.

7 hours ago, JessFit said:

I'm just someone who wakes up and has a very minimalist morning routine. I'm not a morning person who prefers getting to work early, so it is a bit of a contradiction. I have a 20 minute morning routine, including the shower. I imagine I'd struggle to get up with enough time to do this and then I'd worry that I didn't give myself enough time and not be able to focus. 

YAY for 6 weeks. 

Get this - I've never liked waking up early. For the last four years, my job started at 7am.  I tried for two years to make a wake up routine.  After two or three years, I decided to stop being mean to myself and stop fight biology.  Time moves forward and I've changed up the lifestyle; now working two p/t jobs and feeling way less stressed. I can't explain it, but one day last week I wanted to get up at 530.  It's not perfect but I do get up before 6am, drink water outside, feed that cat, and eat breakfast during morning pages.  Sometimes, there's even incense.  

Again, I can't explain it, but I like it.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 9:25 PM, Leimanu said:

1. Keep a written food journal 4d/wk and include hunger level and emotion

2. Do identified task for the week from 4-week Nutrition Wellness plan

3. Continue with Les Mills Bodypump (at least 2x/wk, aim for 3), and one day of cardio/recovery

4. Update bullet journal

a bundle of tasks to keep on top of homework, the Artist's Way, and starting a blog

Challenge wrap up!

1. I eventually dropped the written food journal and logged in MyFitnessPal.  It was good, though, learned a lot.

Keeping a food journal at least 4x/week keeps me on track.  I even lost some weight!

2. Kept up with nutrition class and applied the lessons.

I eat more vegetables now and my portions are the size of my hand.  Go me!

3. Succeeded with getting to Les Mills 2x/wk, with a little kerfuffle from getting sick.

I've turned a corner.  I've reached the noob-gainz phase.  I don't feel wasted after class and can add a little weight almost every time.  The tiny ounces of strength feel so good!

4. Updated bullet journal the entire challenge!

Week four:

movement: achieved 140 out of goal 150 minutes

homework: achieved 11 out of goal 15 hours

financial updates: achieved 1 out of goal 3x/wk

creativity: achieved 2 creative endeavors this week out of a goal of 3.  the first week I had creative endeavors

So overall, I built great habits, actually updated my finances more than once a month, made it half way through The Artist's Way, and hit the gym on the regular.  There's always reminders, though.  Last night I binged on bowls of cereal and I'm paying for it today because I farted all the live long day.  Lots of fiber in those frosted mini-wheats, I guess.

- I made it to the end of a NF challenge!

- My challenge log made it to 2 pages!

This is my most successful NF challenge ever, lol.

See the source image

• Like 3