• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

the more efficient Vodka

 

Gin and vodka are equally efficient, as they are both 80 proof spirits.  Assuming you drink them straight, that is.  For maximum efficiency, you would have to drink Everclear at 190 proof. It is inexplicably still on the market in spite of the risk of permanent blindness.  Coincidentally, I used to drink Everclear and koolaid pretty regularly.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 6:43 PM, Cheetah said:

Gin and vodka are equally efficient, as they are both 80 proof spirits.  Assuming you drink them straight, that is. 

 

 I heard from a theater person once that they use cheap vodka to clean theater costumes that are hard to clean cheaply...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, Cheetah said:

 

Gin and vodka are equally efficient, as they are both 80 proof spirits.  Assuming you drink them straight, that is.  For maximum efficiency, you would have to drink Everclear at 190 proof. It is inexplicably still on the market in spite of the risk of permanent blindness.  Coincidentally, I used to drink Everclear and koolaid pretty regularly.

 

I guess if your drinking Everclear what you're going for is temporary blindness, not permanent.

 

10 hours ago, Moros said:

 

 I heard from a theater person once that they use cheap vodka to clean theater costumes that are hard to clean cheaply...

 

That makes sense.  Cheap vodka is less expensive than cleaning fluids, it might not taste as good though.

 

9 hours ago, Terra said:

I could swear I posted something last week....  Hi!  

 

anigif_enhanced-13270-1411495645-2.gif

 

This is one of my favorite gifs.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't exactly remember what I said I'd do beside ride my bike.  Whatever it was, I probably didn't do it.

 

4/20/19 Saturday - I took the kids to circus practice.  Their big show is this week.  I rode my bike wearing lycra, I think for 25 miles.  I'd call that the M.E.D.

 

 Saturday night was nerd night.  We're playing an x-files-style RPG  My character died.  My teammates aren't very aggressive and I overcompensate despite being the designated healer.  I was revived at the hospital, I think because the DM didn't want me to re-roll a character.  My friends decided to celebrate 4/20 which I hadn't done since my teen years.  I spent most of the evening napping.  

 

4/21/9 Easter Sunday - we did not go to church, but I could tell Mrs. Sloth still wanted to have a family day so no fitnessing was done.  We went to the local park with the seafood cafe and ate outside, went to the zoo to see the farm animals, and came home and grilled out.  It was a perfect day both family-wise and weather-wise (I finally wore shorts).

 

4/22/19 Monday - This is the third day running that we've been shorthanded and haven't had a substitute teacher show up.  Once again I lost my prep hour to cover another sixth grade class.  Also, since we don't have a math teacher, I'm going to be giving the Standardized tests next week.  Besides being a big, stressful hassle, I'm going to lose a week of teaching science.  Anyway, I'm just griping, don't listen to me.  We have started the microscopes unit which is just about the favorite thing that I do.

 

It was raining here so I didn't ride.

 

Another bike video, language NSFW

 

  • Like 7
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

We're playing an x-files-style RPG  My character died.  My teammates aren't very aggressive and I overcompensate despite being the designated healer.  I was revived at the hospital, I think because the DM didn't want me to re-roll a character.

 

It seems like in an X-files campaign, the body count would be pretty high.  Sort of like Call of Cthulu or Paranoia. 

 

Tough luck on the teaching front.  Hopefully things will level out...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 10:45 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

 

 

Another bike video, language NSFW

 

 

New favorite bike song!

 

 

A69CEDE1-9914-4CAE-83FE-C7DF9B8E99EC.png

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

(minor man cold)

Like a regular cold, but with a beard

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the extreme cold I'd expect you to either always be sick or be insanely durable and never get sick like a Russian ice swimmer or something. 

Hope you feel 100% again sooooon. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m not dead. I got sick as Heck (minor man cold) and have spent all my free time sleeping.  I’m still crusty, but should be back at it tomorrow.  

Were you gone? ;) 

 

Seriously though, I'm glad you are getting better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I’m not dead. I got sick as Heck (minor man cold) and have spent all my free time sleeping.  I’m still crusty, but should be back at it tomorrow.

 

Glad to see you back sir!

 

What Sloth may have looked like in the past:

 

70d7fa7761d254efbd420205ba8492af.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/23/2019 at 1:09 AM, deftona said:

 

Image result for air punch gif

 

:) That's how I felt about it.  I think I'll get another chance soon.

 

On 4/23/2019 at 9:50 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

But dude, that's my thing, I listen to people. Please don't take that from me.

 

We have completely opposite skill sets.  At least in this regard.

 

On 4/23/2019 at 11:25 AM, Moros said:

 

It seems like in an X-files campaign, the body count would be pretty high.  Sort of like Call of Cthulu or Paranoia. 

 

Tough luck on the teaching front.  Hopefully things will level out...

 

Thanks.  Our Dm is really into puzzles and brain teasers right now,but I keep ratcheting up the kill count anyway.

 

On 4/23/2019 at 1:28 PM, jstanlick said:

 

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cbf58723361477741

 

YES!!! That gif is my gameplay.

 

On 4/26/2019 at 1:12 PM, DJtrippyT said:

 

New favorite bike song!

 

 

A69CEDE1-9914-4CAE-83FE-C7DF9B8E99EC.png

 

Mine too.  When I was a runner those are all I wore.  They might have been skimpier.  Remember the 80s? I had a Union Jack pair.

 

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Hope you are right as rain, soon.

 

Thank you.

 

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Like a regular cold, but with a beard

 

Man, I feel like I have a beard shoved down my throat.  Which isn't as pleasent as you might imagine.

 

7 hours ago, KB Girl said:

With the extreme cold I'd expect you to either always be sick or be insanely durable and never get sick like a Russian ice swimmer or something. 

Hope you feel 100% again sooooon. 

 

It's not the cold so much as the 100+ students getting germs all over me.

 

6 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Were you gone? ;) 

 

Seriously though, I'm glad you are getting better.

 

I missed you too brother.

 

3 hours ago, Moros said:

 

Glad to see you back sir!

 

What Sloth may have looked like in the past:

 

70d7fa7761d254efbd420205ba8492af.jpg

 

Thanks.  Groovy lycra, yes.  Dorky helmet, no.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Mine too.  When I was a runner those are all I wore.  They might have been skimpier.  Remember the 80s? I had a Union Jack pair.

 

....

 

Why do you do these things to me when you've already made clear in the past there will be no photographic evidence of this. Not cool, dude. Not cool. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, deftona said:

 

....

 

Why do you do these things to me when you've already made clear in the past there will be no photographic evidence of this. Not cool, dude. Not cool. 

 

He’s such a tease

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 2:12 PM, DJtrippyT said:

 

A69CEDE1-9914-4CAE-83FE-C7DF9B8E99EC.png

I've never thought about them like that before, and now if I go to OCS, I'm never going to not think about this. What have you done

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NicTheRugger said:

I've never thought about them like that before, and now if I go to OCS, I'm never going to not think about this. What have you done

 

[smirks] whatever it is, I’m making great progress!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sloth, come back to us! :)

 

A search for "groovy lycra bike shorts" gave me  the following visual gem:

 

d7c7a1c5d2fae22028622248e0d78e43.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now