• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

On May 11, 2019 at 7:05 AM, DJtrippyT said:

Checking in for more of that sexy, sexy man-cold action...

Thanks.  Let's see, on Saturday I still felt like crap, my mother-in-law was using up all my time, and I was sleeping through the rest still.

On May 13, 2019 at 8:55 PM, Cheetah said:

How's the weather up there?

Today was perfect, as was yesterday.  70s and sunny.

On May 15, 2019 at 6:51 PM, Moros said:

Sloth, come back to us! :)

A search for "groovy lycra bike shorts" gave me  the following visual gem:

d7c7a1c5d2fae22028622248e0d78e43.jpg

Whoa.  Are 80's fashions coming back?  I know in cycling eyewear they have.

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

@Sloth the Enduring has been posting on facebook, so I know he's alive.

It was touch and go for a while there.

19 hours ago, Emma said:

Good to know. Thanks, Tank.

Thanks for checking in on me.

I wasn't ghosting y'all on purpose.  My mancold made a serious comeback and knocked me on my ass for another week.  I was sleeping during all of my free time.  My mother-in-law was here for a week and a half and that took up the rest of my time.  I started feeling human again on Sunday, but had a couple more days of family time.

Yesterday I finally got back on my bike.  I put in 25 miles (M.E.D.).  No fitnessing today, I'm busy grading and shuttled kids around.

The guys I raced with in the 90's called me up to get the old team back together for one more race, so I'll be doing the July race as part of a 24 hour team.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Let's see about news-

• Not much for me.  I used to buy the giant bottles of immodium at CostCo (at one a day for IBS a bottle lasted a full year), but opioid junkies have been taking massive doses to manage withdrawal pains and now I can only buy 24 pills at a time.  I think I have arthritis now.  My hands have been getting achier and achier, now it's a constant dull throb.  *sad sigh*

• Mrs. Sloth's after school program has ended for the year, that frees up a lot of time for the whole family.  She didn't kill her mother and they didn't fight about politics during the visit; that was nice.

• The slothlings had their circus show and it went well.  Right now they are taking - Slothgirl: two trapeze classes, she is finally in a flying class, that has been a bucket list activity for about six years now - Slothboy: acrobats and vault (run, jump, and flip off of a mini-trampoline @whiteghost would love it).

• School - my students have summer brain and we still have three weeks to go. They've had summer brain for a while now.  I blame the series of substitute teachers in math class; they haven't been kept on track.

We went to a professional baseball game yesterday.  It was a good day, my students were well behaved and everyone had a good time.  We took the train and the Language Arts teacher somehow got stuck on it and didn't make it back to school.  I had the pleasure of taking care of her students.  

I'm feeling a bit taken advantage of at school, I keep losing my prep hour to cover other teacher's classes and during the field trip I was the only teacher that didn't have another staff as backup (thus a few of my students got lost and didn't make it to our seats), and on teacher appreciation day no on noticed that I have a stupid early lunch (the pizza wasn't there yet) and a late prep (no pizza left).

• Dogs - we still have the blind old mutt, she's still getting her eyes sorted out.  She's really learned how to manage being a dog though.  We also have a naughty, young dog.  He means well, but he can't seem to figure out things like what he can chew up and what he can't or what furniture he can climb on and what he can't (pretty much never the dining room table, even if I forget to put the butter away).

That's about it.

• Like 9

3 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The slothlings had their circus show and it went well.  Right now they are taking - Slothgirl: two trapeze classes, she is finally in a flying class, that has been a bucket list activity for about six years now - Slothboy: acrobats and vault (run, jump, and flip off of a mini-trampoline @whiteghost would love it).

Darn right I would.  Flying trapeze would be even better :)

Glad your are feeling more or less alive again.  Only a few more weeks to freedom

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

She didn't kill her mother and they didn't fight about politics

I don't discuss politics with my father or father in law and we are mostly on the same side of stuff. The difference is they ascribe to the 24-hour-cable-news-network-the-other-side-is-evil-and-always-wrong version, and I ascribe to the this-is-what-I-think-but-the-other-side-isn't-automatically-stupid version. I have little patience for their echo-chamber version of events.

12 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I keep losing my prep hour to cover other teacher's classes and during the field trip I was the only teacher that didn't have another staff as backup

Dude, even down here in Texas that's a violation of teacher's contracts and grounds for filing a grievance with the teacher's associations. Have you talked to your union rep?

• Like 3

On 5/16/2019 at 9:40 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

I'm feeling a bit taken advantage of at school, I keep losing my prep hour to cover other teacher's classes and during the field trip I was the only teacher that didn't have another staff as backup (thus a few of my students got lost and didn't make it to our seats), and on teacher appreciation day no on noticed that I have a stupid early lunch (the pizza wasn't there yet) and a late prep (no pizza left).

Yep, you are being taken advantage of. This sucks.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 2:40 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

(pretty much never the dining room table, even if I forget to put the butter away)

Oh I can imagine *big eyes*. Would probably be funny (later) if you didn't have to clean up the mess.

Hold on, hold out, only three more weeks to go.

And good luck with training for the 24hr cycling. It should at least be fun.

On 5/16/2019 at 8:40 PM, Sloth the Enduring said:

pretty much never the dining room table, even if I forget to put the butter away).

I have this problem myself, then the boyfriend finds me on the table with butter all over my face 

the 24 hour race sounds awesome! Very excite, much stoke

• Like 1

On May 16, 2019 at 11:28 PM, WhiteGhost said:

Darn right I would.  Flying trapeze would be even better :)

Glad your are feeling more or less alive again.  Only a few more weeks to freedom

15 more student-contact days.  It should have been 13, but we were one of a couple schools in the state to be dinged for snow days.  I can't tell you how happy I am about that.

On May 17, 2019 at 8:20 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I don't discuss politics with my father or father in law and we are mostly on the same side of stuff. The difference is they ascribe to the 24-hour-cable-news-network-the-other-side-is-evil-and-always-wrong version, and I ascribe to the this-is-what-I-think-but-the-other-side-isn't-automatically-stupid version. I have little patience for their echo-chamber version of events.

Dude, even down here in Texas that's a violation of teacher's contracts and grounds for filing a grievance with the teacher's associations. Have you talked to your union rep?

They are paying me for extra prep, but I still feel taken advantage of.

On May 17, 2019 at 1:47 PM, KB Girl said:

Yea that sounds shitty.. and the pizza thing just tops it off, doesn't it? 

Man, it sounds stupid, but the pizza broke me.  They gave me the crappy schedule and didn't care enough to make sure there was pizza there for it.

On May 20, 2019 at 12:12 AM, Xena said:

Yep, you are being taken advantage of. This sucks.

Thanks.

23 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh I can imagine *big eyes*. Would probably be funny (later) if you didn't have to clean up the mess.

Hold on, hold out, only three more weeks to go.

And good luck with training for the 24hr cycling. It should at least be fun.

3 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I have this problem myself, then the boyfriend finds me on the table with butter all over my face 

I feel like I'm missing part of the story here.

• Like 4

Just now, Sloth the Enduring said:

Man, it sounds stupid, but the pizza broke me.  They gave me the crappy schedule and didn't care enough to make sure there was pizza there for it.

No man I get it- it's always those little things that push it over the edge. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

No man I get it- it's always those little things that push it over the edge. 

I quite agree. You're being mistreated, and the symbol comes to represent the whole. In this case the pizza was representative of all the other wrongs.

• Like 3

On 5/21/2019 at 10:22 AM, Sloth the Enduring said:

15 more student-contact days.  It should have been 13, but we were one of a couple schools in the state to be dinged for snow days.  I can't tell you how happy I am about that.

I sense...sarcasm

• Like 1