• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Shello

Shello Attempts a Comeback

My challenges have not gone well this year.  Each one seems to devolve a bit more than the one before.  Showing up seems to be the biggest issue but that's only because I'm not doing anything fitnessy anyway.  Life is good though.  I have not gone off the rails and my weight has pretty much maintained just below 250 all year.  I am not where I want to be but it was nice to have a break and not think about it too much and not lose ground at the same time.  

I was talking with a friend the other day about why I've been MIA from the bootcamp gym.  I just haven't had the motivation to go and I didn't care that much.  I did win a one month pass from the healthy living holiday challenge but I've been sitting on it until I could use and get the most from it.  After talking with my friend, I consulted my calendar and one thing led to another.  Pretty quickly I had a pretty aggressive workout schedule and a little hype to go with it.  So I guess now is a good time for a comeback.  

Related image

Goal: Make the Most of What you've got

I've got that gym pass.  I've I'm going to use it, I want to use it.  My goal is to get a workout in 5 days a week and any day that I can make that a gym day that's what I'll do.  Days when I have something going on that conficts with the gym or days I am hanging out with DDG I'll substitute a walk or a ruck. DDG is eager to get some workouts in too so he's committed to walking together.  I came up with a workout schedule for when I think I'll hit the gym vs go for a walk but I'm not too concerned with following it as long as I get 5 workouts in a week.  

DIsclaimer: This is all dependent on being able to use the gym pass as I have planned.  I havent gone in and talked with the trainer.  Their schedule is confusing.  I would prefer to attend classes that he teaches. He's very motivating and personable.  My plan is to start on Saturday and attend the boot camp class. I'll talk with him then and make an actual plan.  Everything could change based on that conversation.

That's it.  No other goals.  I'm not planning on tracking my food.  I have been trying to just eat 'sensibly' and not get too full.  I'll just keep doing that.  

• Like 14

On 4/16/2019 at 1:55 PM, deftona said:

Following along as usual Twinnie! Nice work on maintaining the weight, that's no easy feat!

Here's to getting our shit together... again. 

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Following!

Hiya!

21 hours ago, Snarkyfishguts said:

Following. I know it's been tough, but I'm so proud of you Shello. You're pulling through this. :D

<4

13 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Hey!  Come Back!

I hope!

3 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

giphy.gif

Game on!

3 hours ago, Moros said:

Following!  This seems to be a good use of the pass to booster rocket yourself onward!

I hope so.  The closer it gets to the first gym session the more I start to dread it.  I don't want to go!  But I do want to go!  Damn brain weasels. 

• Like 2

The ymca I go to used put a line on our statements that said something like "you carded in x visits this month.  Each visit cost $x".  That was some perspective.

Here's to an amazing comeback! 

• Like 2

The ymca I go to used put a line on our statements that said something like "you carded in x visits this month.  Each visit cost $x".  That was some perspective.

Here's to an amazing comeback! 

I bet that is motivating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Saturday

Off to a good start!  It was tough but I made it to bootcamp in the morning.  Boot camp kicked my ass!  Each class is a bit different but we always start with some dynamic warms ups down and back one end of the gym.  The rest of the class was divided into 4 - 10 minute stations.  I thought the hardest part of the workout would be getting to the gym, but each station I did was the hardest part of the workout.  Station 1 was pushing a 25# pound plate down and back across the floor alternating with squats for 10 minutes.  Then 20 DB chest presses alternating with 20 pushups for 10 minutes, 20 overhead KB swings and 10 bent over rows for 10 minutes, 20 TRX lunges and 20 jumping jack planks.  When I thought we were done he sent us outside for 3 street runs - running to the street and around the parking lot.  I was dead.  I hate taking such a long break from working out and wish I didn't have to keep relearning this lesson.  

It turned out to be a very busy day.  After the gym I hung out with Qbert until his dad picked him up then took the dog to the dog park. Peach was making a pizza when I got home so I took a break and shared that with her before showering and taking her shopping  I bought myself some amazing white summer pants and 3 sundresses.  One of them had swimwear on the label so maybe it is supposed to be a cover up but it's amazing and I'm hoping I can get away with it as a sundress.  Food choices were not great.  Before the gym I had a piece of cheez toast and then I had some Doritos and Oreos after the gym.  -_- I didn't actually eat that many but I definitely didn't need them.  Lunch was the pizza with Peach.  While we were shopping we grabbed some Frosties from Wendy's but neither of us could finish one so we threw them away. After all the shopping I ran to the hardware store with Qbert to get the stuff to make some foam swords then went and picked up his gf.  I finally sat down for my late dinner of a couple small soft tacos and promptly fell asleep on the couch.  I woke up to bring the gf home and then went to bed early.

Sunday

I didn't have a workout planned.  I was supposed to spend the afternoon with DDG and his family for Easter.  At the last minute one of his boys said he wasn't comfortable so I backed out.  I was a bit gutted because I was looking forward to it and it was a last minute change of plans.  It took me a bit to come up with another plan for the day.  I had some bacon and cheez toast for breakfast and then took the dog to the dogpark.  The kids all came with me and Qbert and I walked laps while the dog played.  I considered that my walk for the day so now I'll get a bonus rest day during the week.  We ran a few other errands and then Qbert and I spent a good deal of time making the foam swords.  It was a lot of fun and of course I accidentally got him in the face when we test ran the final product and now I'll need to take him in to get his glasses straightened.  :(  But we had some great quality time.   Lunch was a turkey bacon wrap and dinner was a couple soft tacos.  Peach made another pizza and I couldn't resist having a couple slices.  I'm planning to finish the day with a piece of the carrot cake I made for DDG's birthday.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Shello said:

One of them had swimwear on the label so maybe it is supposed to be a cover up but it's amazing and I'm hoping I can get away with it as a sundress.

I think if you didn't realise it was a coverup then nobody else will either. I was in exactly the same situation with a work dress I had a year or two ago and nobody ever noticed. 

• Like 1

Following!

Good job maintaining the weight - that can be really hard to do. I know I've had issues with it myself over the last 6-8 months. 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:43 AM, deftona said:

I think if you didn't realise it was a coverup then nobody else will either. I was in exactly the same situation with a work dress I had a year or two ago and nobody ever noticed. 

This is all the justification I need. 

9 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

Following!

Good job maintaining the weight - that can be really hard to do. I know I've had issues with it myself over the last 6-8 months. 

Thank you but I was really just lucky.  I wasn't really trying so it must have just been karma from all the times I tried but the scale only went up.  

• Like 1

Monday

During my Monday morning weigh in my scale decided to remind me how I ate like an asshole all weekend. But whatevs.  It's temporary.  My weekend asshattery also made it easier to fast until lunch.  I didn't bring anything for lunch since I was supposed to have lunch with DDG but he had a conflict.  I grabbed a pizza and a rice krispy bar from the cafeteria instead.  The food was good but the company wasn't near as good as it would have been.  DBE struck again in the afternoon.  He needs a new name, partly because it feels too similar to DDG and that's where the similarity ends but also because it just doesn't do him justice.  twatwaffle? dickhole?  Maybe I need to start a poll.  His shenanigans made it difficult to stay focused at work the rest of the day.  

I went to the gym for my first non-bootcamp workout.  They post a WOD and then I can just use drop in hours. I really liked the environmont.  Everyone is going at their own pace but the trainer/owner is there the whole time kicking ass and being supportive.  The workout wasn't as intense as boot camp but today my shoulders are killing me.  Ice or heat?

Today's WOD

3x10 DB squats, BB cleans

3x 20 v-ups, something else I can't remember

3x10 KB swings, squat thrusters

3x10 TRX rows, 10 v-ups

3x  1min plank, 10 pushups, 20 mountain climbers, 30 jumping jack planks

I wasn't starving when I got home but I was a bit obsessed with food so I figured I should just eat.  Instead of 2 tacos I just had 1 for the time being, thinking I could have another later.  But Qbert couldn't finish his mac and cheese before scouts so I finished off the last bit.  After dropping him at scouts I stopped and grabbed Peach a Frenchie from Jimmy Johns.  She couldn't finished that either so I finished off the last bit.  I no longer needed a second taco.  But I did make room for another piece of carrot cake.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Shello said:

He needs a new name, partly because it feels too similar to DDG and that's where the similarity ends but also because it just doesn't do him justice.  twatwaffle? dickhole? 

Being British, I feel like I was born to help in situations like this. 

Cuntybollocks Arsebadger gets my vote. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Shello said:

twatwaffle?

Image result for triggered gif

How would you feel if someone called you a twatpancake???? :P 

1 hour ago, deftona said:

Nothing but net!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I can't really compete with Deffy's contribution, but I suggest something easier to type.

Here are a group of suggestions, with short versions if needed:

• Doucebag Umbridge (DUmbridge)
  • Scrappy Douche (ScDouche) [channeling the internet's hatred for Scrappy Doo]
  • Caillou 
  • Jar-Jar
  • Like 2

Found you and Following off course :)

15 hours ago, Shello said:

He needs a new name, partly because it feels too similar to DDG and that's where the similarity ends but also because it just doesn't do him justice.  twatwaffle?

Might I suggest

tenor.gif

Because supernatural has an answer for anything ;)

Those bootcamp sessions look really tough. Are you enjoying them? 

On 4/24/2019 at 3:33 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Image result for triggered gif

How would you feel if someone called you a twatpancake???? :P 

Nothing but net!

No offense intended for waffles... or twats for that matter.  I didn't come up with the name.  You should start a petition to strike it from the collective mind.

On 4/24/2019 at 2:11 AM, deftona said:

Perfect!  CBAB.  I knew you would come through. 

On 4/24/2019 at 8:53 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I can't really compete with Deffy's contribution, but I suggest something easier to type.

Here are a group of suggestions, with short versions if needed:

• Doucebag Umbridge (DUmbridge)
  • Scrappy Douche (ScDouche) [channeling the internet's hatred for Scrappy Doo]
  • Caillou 
  • Jar-Jar

Love these.  ScDouche has a really nice ring to it.  

On 4/24/2019 at 9:07 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Harsh!

Harsh is exactly what is needed.

On 4/24/2019 at 12:01 PM, Terah said:

Found you and Following off course :)

Might I suggest

tenor.gif

Because supernatural has an answer for anything ;)

Those bootcamp sessions look really tough. Are you enjoying them? 

I do really enjoy the bootcamp sessions but those are only on Saturdays.  I enjoyed the gym's drop in WOD on Monday but not as much on Wednesday.  The owner wasn't around Wednesday but some other trainers were.  They were nice and heplful and supportive but more distracted than the owner is and they were more focused on some people they had in for actual training.  

• Like 5

Tuesday

How did I manage to miss updates again?  CuntyBollocks ArseBadger was in prime form on Tuesday.  I had lunch plans with DDG and I was pretty emotional by then.  I fasted until lunch and we went out for pizza.  I felt bad for spending so much time talking about CBAB but I felt better after lunch.  My work day was pretty full of meetings which was actually a blessing since I found myself incapable of getting any work done.  Tuesday was a rest day so no workout happened.   I shuttled Peach to and from dance class and spent the time in between taking care of some things around the house.  

Wednesday

I could say that I fasted until lunch but I think I had a peanut butter-scotch rice krispie in the morning.  :ph34r:  CBAB was quite so it was a better day. I still had meetings all day but had time for another lunch date with DDG.  We had Raising Cane's.  I had class after work and then hit the drop in gym for the WOD.  Wednesday is HIIT day and the workout was awful.  It was a long list of exercises, including manmaker's and burpees.  And then do the entire circuit 4 times.  The owner wasn't there so the energy was different.  There were a couple of trainers in and they were nice, helpful, and supportive but it just wasn't the same.  They said to just do as many circuits as I could manage in an hour.  I probably could have done 3 but I also had to mow the lawn and I didn't have much energy in the tank.  I stopped at 2 and I skipped the burpees the 2nd time, didn't do all the manmakers and cut other corners.  It felt like a workout that was too difficult and that I had to half ass to complete.  I got home and still had to mow the lawn. I had a few spoonfuls of peanut butter for some fuel.  By the time I finished the lawn it was close to 8.  I still needed to shower and eat.  I was exhausted.  But Qbert needed to get his glasses adjusted and get a haircut.  So while I was still a mess from my workout and the lawn, I ran him out for those errands.   We got home at 9, I showered and had a taco and some Doritos.  I was beat and fell asleep at 11.  

Thursday

I thougth CuntyBollocks ArseBadger was in prime form Tuesday but I was so wrong.  We hit a new low Thursday.  I am not longer surprised when there is something new but I am constantly suprised by what it is.  We are in for a bad time if even me giving him substantial amounts of money is cause for a fight.  ScDouche!  Anyway, I had a Poptart for breakfast and then my usualy turkey bacon wrap for lunch with chips and a PBS rice krispy bar.  My day was even more packed with meetings so that's basically all I did.  I left a little early to take Qbert to his counseling session.  Peach was also supposed to have one but she doesn't want to go anymore and I forgot to cancel.  I decided to take her spot since we see the same person.  I needed a little clarity in how to deal with CBAB.   I got home in time to change into workout gear before DDG came over.  We went to a local trail and went for a walk together.  We went way further than we should have and by the time we turned around and made it back to the car it was turned into an hour 40.  15,000 steps for the day.  We got back to the house late, warmed up leftover pizza from Tuesday's lunch and watched an episode of GoT.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

On 4/26/2019 at 5:34 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you are seeing a counselor. I am not glad ScDouche McCBAB makes it necessary. 

I can not even imagine getting through all this without a counselor.   And ScDouche McCBAB is the absolute best and most deserved name!  

• Like 1

Friday

I had dinner plans with DDG to meet his eldest son so I planned to fast through breakfast.  I was pretty hungry so I threw those plans out and had some cafeteria scrambled eggs, bacon, and hashbrowns from the work cafeteria.  I figured I could skip lunch.  Another failed plan - I had my usual wrap, chips, and a rice krispy bar anyway but a little later than normal.  Dinner was at a Sinful Burger.  They have a burger for the 7 deadly sins.  We thought about sharing the Gluttony burger (2 juicy lucy hamburger patties sandwiched between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches) but we also wanted to try the Envy burger (bacon, cheddar, BBQ sauce, and onion rings).  We should have shared the gluttony burger.  It was ginormous but the Envy burger was better.  I got to meet DDG's eldest son and 3 yr grandson.  It was a great time.  I spent the rest of the evening chilling with DDG until returning home at a respectable time since the kids were home.  

Saturday

I had to get up at the butt crack of dawn to get Qbert to the school for a competition.  Since his school is halfway to DDG's place, I just went over there after dropping Qbert and crawled into bed for a nap before making it to bootcamp.  Bootcamp was good.  DB chest press, cleans, crunches, KB burpees, TRX high rows, windshield wipers, and a lap around the parking lot.  We just continued that for 45 minutes.  I ate a bunch of crap the rest of the day.  I started with 2 Poptarts on the way to bootcamp and finished the day with 2/3 of a rising crust pepperoni pizza.  In between was filled with some Doritos, and PB and DOritos sandwich and probably some double stuff Oreos.  Quality food choices.  I remained lazy for most of the day except for an hour that Peach and I spent cleaning.  I spent a bit of time on a crochet blanket for my brother's new baby due this summer and watched a couple movies. 

Sunday

Another lazy day.  I woke up around 8 and stayed in bed doing absolutely nothing for hours.  I finally made some bacon cheez toast for breakfast.  It was cold and windy and I really didn't want to go for my scheduled walk but I forced myself out and took the dog to the dog park.  There weren't as many dogs around so I couldn't just walk laps around the perimeter.  I stayed closer to the dog but tried to stay moving the entire time.  We stayed about 40 or so minutes.  THe afternoon was spent with the kids.  Peach and I needed to organize all her dance costumes and accessories for her coming recital and then I helped Qbert move some furniture around in his room.  I spent the evening at DDG's.  We for the Poutine burgers we love and they were amazing as always.  That made me sleepy though so after chilling at his place awhile longer I tried to get home at a respectable time, and also so I could watch GoT before crashing.  

• Like 7