• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber has a.. cold. Well, crap.

Planned to write challenge goals today. Due to unforeseen circumstances*, this has been postponed. Please check back later. Aaand we're back! Ok, so I posted on Tuesday, wrote most of my goals Wednesday with the intention of posting them on Thursday. Right. Then I caught the plague.

giphy.gif

SO. I'm going to post what I've got. There may be more added later once I can taste food and such.

Youtube. I don’t know how I’m going to swing this, but I want to both increase and decrease time spent. You see, I’ve gotten into a very bad habit of getting distracted while looking for useful things. Like when I intended to pull up a yoga video and wind up watching puppies instead. (Not a BAD use of time, but typically I ought to be doing other things when it happens.) Step one is to disable auto play on the home screen. I can always save things to my watch later list after all. Now, the part where I add time is re-watch some videos about lifting form. I’m thinking no more than 1-2 per day. That should keep screen time manageable, and give me time to actually assimilate what I watch.

I am once again experimenting with pre-portioned PB. Y'all know this has been my Achilles heel since day 1. But, this is a slightly different strategy. This is all about trying to alter the way I perceive it. It’s not about restriction; it’s about eating in a way that makes me feel good both now and in the morning. I know that eating too much of it at once makes me sleep poorly. I also know it negatively affects my digestion. While everything is allowed, not everything is beneficial to me. So we are going to enjoy the heck out of that 4tbsp serving of PB, and then acknowledge that we are full and say ‘no thanks’ when the little voice calls for more. If we fail, we take a step back and see what else was going on. Given this is going on my 3rd year of unhabitting the habit, I fully expect that I am going to mess this up at least a few times. So, not aiming for perfection and having a bit of self-compassion is the name of the game. After all, the point of an experiment is to learn and that often times means learning from failure.

Brain dump at least once/week. Pretty straightforward. I have a tendency to get myself freaked the h out thinking I have a zillion things to do, but if I stop and actually put them down on paper, like magic I feel better. This is partly because a zillion in reality is more like 12, half of which don’t HAVE to be done that day. So, my thinking is 1) I’ll feel better if I do this routinely until waiting til I’m about to blow, and 2) have an actual list of things to take action towards. Less stress and higher productivity.

Limit mindless internet on the clock. Restart pomodoro timer work flow on days where I’ve less to do and thus not as much incentive to get ish done. This was pretty effective when it was a tracked goal. It disappeared once it was no longer a part of a challenge. Shocking, just shocking.

Week 1 to also include making sure to do the basic self-care things of making sure to get to bed on time, drinking plenty of water now that it doesn't hurt to do so, and eating regularly even if everything tastes like salt and ash. I did ok with this for the most part during zero week, but my fear is that I'll neglect them as I continue to recuperate from this stupid cold.

That's it for now! Hopefully I can get caught up with everybody shortly.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Leaving these because <3 Garfield :)

Rolling goals:

Daily Devo.

Daily Duolingo. Bonus points for doing both languages.

Daily Skin care.

Walking. 8,000 steps minimum. Bonus level: 10,000. 

#Yoga365 730 1095. Bonus level: 2 sessions/day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Sad Cat Diary

:lol::lol::lol:

This is such an accurate representation of my cats it's downright scary. And so very hilarious.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 4/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, Grumble said:

Garfield GIF - Sleepy Tired Sleep GIFs

giphy.gif

On 4/16/2019 at 5:13 PM, Harriet said:

2:22 for the relevant entry

giphy.gif

Lol! The YouTubes speak truth! :lol:

On 4/16/2019 at 5:18 PM, scalyfreak said:

:lol::lol::lol:

This is such an accurate representation of my cats it's downright scary. And so very hilarious.

giphy.gif

On 4/17/2019 at 1:38 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

Here for this!

giphy.gif

Hi! :)

On 4/17/2019 at 1:55 PM, JessFit said:

Yay for kitty stuff, even if it seems like said kitty was a jerk. 

giphy.gif

Hi and welcome! :D

Cat #3 is usually not a jerk. She just thinks she is a graceful, ninja-like invisible butterfly assassin. Which is fine unless it's 3AM and said invisible butterflies are on top of my cube farm.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Two things I forgot yesterday; 1st, goals were added to the initial post,

2nd, zero week scores:

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 6/7. Bonus: 6

Skin care 5/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 77 weeks straight. I think I miscounted last update; google says it's 77. 10k bonus: 3.

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 2. Don't forget front split practice! Nope. This is typically post-run and I didn't run Saturday on account of the fact that I didn't want to.

giphy.gif

Now we can get started on this week.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

still accomplished a lot despite being out of commission for a few days!

Thanks! It helped that I didn't start feeling bad until later in the week, and most of my rolling stuff is done pretty quickly and/or stackable (duolingo is always practiced while walking for instance). 

In other news I haven't had peanut butter since Sunday. I think this means I really am sick.

4 minutes ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Thanks! It helped that I didn't start feeling bad until later in the week, and most of my rolling stuff is done pretty quickly and/or stackable (duolingo is always practiced while walking for instance). 

In other news I haven't had peanut butter since Sunday. I think this means I really am sick.

It's obviously fatal. 

Did you know skippy makes a peanut butter ball wrapped around a crunchy peanut butter center snack?

28 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It's obviously fatal. 

giphy.gif

28 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Did you know skippy makes a peanut butter ball wrapped around a crunchy peanut butter center snack?

giphy.gif

Did not know these existed. Must remedy immediately well, ok I guess I'll wait until I can taste flavors other than salt. But then, then these will be found and acquired!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week 1 in the books.

YouTube. Step one is to disable auto play on the home screen. Done. Lifting form review. No more than 1-2 per day. Well, I certainly kept it minimal. Whether I actually learned anything, TBD.

Pre-portioned PB. Y'all. I only had one miss. I didn't even eat pb MTWT or Sat. 5 days without pb is probably a record. I did eat the little bit of almond butter that was left in the bottom of the jar on Friday after eating the pre-portioned amount. I attribute this to a) not being able to lift (more below) b) stupid freaking cough c) eating <1400 on said M-Th because I had zero appetite. Didn't eat any last night, save the little bit I'd made a mess with while refilling the containers from zero week.

Brain dump at least once/week.  Done.

Limit mindless internet on the clock. Restart pomodoro timer work flow on days where I’ve less to do and thus not as much incentive to get ish done. Did not need during week 1, as work kept me plenty busy.

Daily Devo 7/7

Daily duo 7/7. Bonus: 7

Skin care 5/7.

Walking. 7/7. 8k steps 78 weeks straight. 10k bonus: 3

#Yoga365 730 1095 . 7/7. Bonus 2. Don't forget front split practice! Nope.

Honestly at this point I planned to be adding more goals. Building momentum. Generally kicking butt and taking names. Instead I find myself stuck at 90% well. Cough is basically relegated to first thing in the morning and during the evening/overnight. But I hurt my right side while coughing Thursday AM and then again Saturday evening. Nothing more than a minor strain I'm sure, but it's annoying to not be able to do things. I've missed more lifting/workout days in the past 2 weeks than the rest of my fitness career to date combined. For someone who spent a lot of time wanting to quit lifting over the last year, it is amazing how almost frantic I feel to get back in there. But I have to pretend I have patience for a little while longer. Focus on the things I can do, not the ones I can't.

Hmm. This feels like a bit of a downer. Let's add some random corgis to brighten the place up, shall we?
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yep, that's way better.

• Like 3

You. Are. Sick.

Main (and only) physical goal should be to feel better. You'll get there.Then you can get back to getting over the other hurdles.

tenor.gif?itemid=9686033

SUPER PROUD OF YOUR PEANUT BUTTER MANAGEMENT!

Doggo Corgi GIF - Doggo Corgi Hi GIFs

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

Honestly at this point I planned to be adding more goals. Building momentum. Generally kicking butt and taking names. Instead I find myself stuck at 90% well.

I know how you feel. I'd tell you to take time to get better and not compare to what you would have done, were you not sick. But that would make me a hypocrite. So I'll just make someone else say it. 

Jane walked into the thread and perused the latest entry from JustCallMe Amber. After some thought, she said "Take time to get better and try not compare to what you would have done, were you not sick."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm horrible and don't know how to post GIFs, so instead I'll share pics of the corgis in my life. Watson (white with spots) and Tesla (Black/gray) are half corgi half terrier litter mates. Ernie is full corgo and heckin adorable! I am their "auntie" Jess and I love them <3 

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_8054.JPG

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, JessFit said:

I'm horrible and don't know how to post GIFs, so instead I'll share pics of the corgis in my life. Watson (white with spots) and Tesla (Black/gray) are half corgi half terrier litter mates. Ernie is full corgo and heckin adorable! I am their "auntie" Jess and I love them <3 

You shall learn. We will teach you our ways.

26 minutes ago, JessFit said:

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_8054.JPG

GIVE THEM ALL THE PETS!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Grumble said:

You. Are. Sick.

Main (and only) physical goal should be to feel better. You'll get there.Then you can get back to getting over the other hurdles.

tenor.gif?itemid=9686033

Thanks! I haven't gotten a cold in quite a few years, so I think I forgot how to be sick. In my mind I should be well by now, but then I cough and pain blossoms along my right side and lets me know I'm not finished healing yet.

Also, this is very accurate hurdling.

20 hours ago, Grumble said:

SUPER PROUD OF YOUR PEANUT BUTTER MANAGEMENT!

Doggo Corgi GIF - Doggo Corgi Hi GIFs

THANK YOU! :D

19 hours ago, Harriet said:

I know how you feel. I'd tell you to take time to get better and not compare to what you would have done, were you not sick. But that would make me a hypocrite. So I'll just make someone else say it. 

Jane walked into the thread and perused the latest entry from JustCallMe Amber. After some thought, she said "Take time to get better and try not compare to what you would have done, were you not sick."

Thank you, especially for phrasing it that way! I didn't realize until you said it that it was precisely what I was doing.

1 hour ago, JessFit said:

IMG_5317.JPG

IMG_8054.JPG

OMG. They are so cute! Thank you for sharing! :D

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it is okay to rest <3 

Thanks! It's hard when you know that's what you need to be doing but you oh so want to be doing fun things instead.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grumble said:

You shall learn. We will teach you our ways.

GIVE THEM ALL THE PETS!

TEACH ME PLEASE! I feel amish, since I seem to be the only one who doesn't know how to share a GIF on here.

Also, they are the goodest boys and they get as many pets as they want. 

10 minutes ago, JessFit said:

TEACH ME PLEASE! I feel amish, since I seem to be the only one who doesn't know how to share a GIF on here.

It's surprisingly easy. Start a reply here so you get the dialog box. Open up a google image tab or any gif site, popular ones here are tenor , giphy, and gfycat. Find the gif you want to use, then simply click and drag to this tab (don't let go until your pointer is hovering over the dialog box or it will browse to that gif instead.) Note, this particular trick only works in chrome (at least on windows, can't speak for mac).

Alternatively, and this doesn't always work because the forum back end is weird, you can select insert other media, select insert image from url and paste the url of the gif you want there. Way easier, obviously, but it doesn't always work.

Gooood, goodgoodgood...

31 minutes ago, Grumble said:

It's surprisingly easy. Start a reply here so you get the dialog box. Open up a google image tab or any gif site, popular ones here are tenor , giphy, and gfycat. Find the gif you want to use, then simply click and drag to this tab (don't let go until your pointer is hovering over the dialog box or it will browse to that gif instead.) Note, this particular trick only works in chrome (at least on windows, can't speak for mac).

Alternatively, and this doesn't always work because the forum back end is weird, you can select insert other media, select insert image from url and paste the url of the gif you want there. Way easier, obviously, but it doesn't always work.

Option 3: Right-click on the gif itself (while o the gif site), and copy the image location. Right-click to paste it into the reply dialog box, and hit space bar.

Works on images too.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Also, on giphy or whatever, if you click on the gif you want so that it comes up in its own page, you can then right click and select "copy image address" and paste it in where you're typing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Harriet said:

Also, on giphy or whatever, if you click on the gif you want so that it comes up in its own page, you can then right click and select "copy image address" and paste it in where you're typing.

this is what i do but from a regular ol' google search. you don't have to open the gif up in it's own page

giphy.gif