• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JustCallMeAmber

JustCallMeAmber has a.. cold. Well, crap.

On 5/14/2019 at 10:23 AM, JustCallMeAmber said:

Even building little habits, you still have to exert a certain amount of effort. If you're doing that ON TOP OF lifting AND adding in martial art AND adjusting to IE, then yeah, something is going to have to give somewhere. It's ok! Maybe you just do one thing? And one good thing I learned through getting sick/hurt was that resting and healing counts as doing 'something'. Adjusting to MAJOR habit changes counts as doing something. :)

True, sometimes adjusting to changes is progress. Or sometimes maybe I don't need to progress but just keep slaying it at the same level. But I do have some reasons for wanting to cut down on the screen time and internetting. I did some reading about the topic and it confirmed my suspicion that screen addiction causes anxiety, which checking the screens temporarily alleviates (but reinforces). So it's not just time-wasting but actively harmful, so I'm going to come at it with a better plan of attack next challenge. 

Oh, wow. I thought the frog landing on you was some weird internet metaphor for something else, or maybe a strange foreign turn or phrase with a totally unexpected meaning, but no, it was an actual frog :O

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

True, sometimes adjusting to changes is progress. Or sometimes maybe I don't need to progress but just keep slaying it at the same level. But I do have some reasons for wanting to cut down on the screen time and internetting. I did some reading about the topic and it confirmed my suspicion that screen addiction causes anxiety, which checking the screens temporarily alleviates (but reinforces). So it's not just time-wasting but actively harmful, so I'm going to come at it with a better plan of attack next challenge. 

I did not know that. Food for thought for my own screen time. 

I hope you find a strategy that works well for you! :)

12 hours ago, Harriet said:

Oh, wow. I thought the frog landing on you was some weird internet metaphor for something else, or maybe a strange foreign turn or phrase with a totally unexpected meaning, but no, it was an actual frog :O

:lol: Yep! I have no idea how it got in my living room, but he was safely returned to the wild. (Or at least, the front porch. I live in Florida, but not in the Everglades.)

• Like 3