• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Jett

Jett gets his swole on

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jett said:

I will say, it feels lighter than a 30-lb bucket of cat litter.

This is the most perfect unit of measurement! 

 

 

1 hour ago, Jett said:

She asked me how to do makeup, and I was like "I don't know, I've always been shit at makeup and it makes me dysphoric!"

If she needs someone to talk to about this, I will happily help/facetime whatever. I've got a sickening amount of makeup and I LOVE helping others with this stuff. I think that it is intimidating to people that don't start out playing with it at a young age but it really doesn't have to be.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jett said:

 

She asked me how to do makeup

 

If she's interested in some good tutorials and product reviews, the YouTube channels by Pampered Wolf and by Wayne Goss, are great starting points. Both of them are makeup artists (one pro, one retired), and unlike the many college students and teenagers on Instagram and YouTube, they have solid knowledge when it comes to application techniques and when to use which product, and why. As an extra bonus, they're also both funny and seem like they are genuinely nice people who love what they are doing and are just sharing it with their audience.

 

With Pampered Wolf (her name is actually Gemma), I would suggest starting with her playlist with  how-tos and makeup tips. Wayne has  short playlist on "the basics" and a much longer one on eyeshadow tutorials.

 

Makeup is fun! There should be absolutely no stress or pressure involved in learning about it. :) 

 

Oh, and something I wish someone had told me when I first got started playing with face paints a few decades ago: Learn about skincare, and do it.The best artwork in the world looks bad if the canvas is poorly maintained. And I have links to all sorts of resources about that as well, if you or your wife are interested. :) 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/18/2019 at 5:11 PM, Jett said:

 

Goodness, what disturbs your weekends?

 

On 4/19/2019 at 8:54 AM, JessFit said:

But, but why? I don't even know why, but HUG because sleep is the best. 

 

Never slept well on weekends. It got worse after I got back from deployment. I still sleep through the night, just in short incremements. I make it work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/22/2019 at 10:33 AM, Jett said:

4/22

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: 3x5 Day 1!!!

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O O

 

Tooting my own horn a little, but yesterday is the best-looking schedule day I've had in a long time!

 

Today's not looking quite so good so far...

 

4/23

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: exercise

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O

 

 

On 4/22/2019 at 12:48 PM, JessFit said:

If she needs someone to talk to about this, I will happily help/facetime whatever. I've got a sickening amount of makeup and I LOVE helping others with this stuff. I think that it is intimidating to people that don't start out playing with it at a young age but it really doesn't have to be.

 

Thank you, that's a very kind offer. I will let her know.

 

On 4/22/2019 at 2:20 PM, scalyfreak said:

If she's interested in some good tutorials and product reviews, the YouTube channels by Pampered Wolf and by Wayne Goss, are great starting points. Both of them are makeup artists (one pro, one retired), and unlike the many college students and teenagers on Instagram and YouTube, they have solid knowledge when it comes to application techniques and when to use which product, and why. As an extra bonus, they're also both funny and seem like they are genuinely nice people who love what they are doing and are just sharing it with their audience.

 

I've actually seen Wayne Goss' videos before! I agree that he's great, and really seems to know what he's doing. I actually love watching makeup videos, I just don't like wearing it myself. So I've shown my wife some of Wayne's stuff, and I'll check out Pampered Wolf with her. :) Thanks for the rec.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4/24

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: 3x5 Day 2

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O

 

 

I feel like I really turned around yesterday's schedule by the end of the day. :) I also got all of my water in.

Is it a "thing" for you to be suuuper thirsty after a weightlifting day? I drank more than my 1.5 L of water, but I never stopped feeling thirsty.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Today's workout:

Barbell Bench Press 3x5

Bent Over Barbell Rows 3x5

Standing Overhead Press 3x5

 

aka "Arm Day". My shoulders are going to be so sore tomorrow. :nightmare:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Jett said:

Is it a "thing" for you to be suuuper thirsty after a weightlifting day? I drank more than my 1.5 L of water, but I never stopped feeling thirsty.

 

Huh. I have noticed this happens sometimes. I will have to pay attention now to see if there is pattern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jett said:

Today's workout:

Barbell Bench Press 3x5

Bent Over Barbell Rows 3x5

Standing Overhead Press 3x5

 

aka "Arm Day". My shoulders are going to be so sore tomorrow. :nightmare:

Push, Pull, Press. Sounds like a perfect day. Also, RIP your deltoids.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4/25

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: exercise

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4/26

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: 3x5 workout A

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Grumble said:

Question, isn't the point of the sun lamp to be your wake up? Or is it not an an automated one?

 

Unfortunately, it isn't automated, and its electronics are such that I can't just leave it in the "on" position on a timer. (I've flirted with the idea of modifying it, but that's currently a bit beyond my skill level.) I do have a "sunrise" lamp that tries to wake me up at 7:30, and then I turn on the brighter sun lamp once I finally awaken enough to start doing things.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4/29

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: exercise

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O O (stretching the definition of "serving of fruit" a little to include "tomato sauce on my pizza")

 

 

I had to get to work by 8am today (and again on Wednesday) for some training, so I am doing my lifting on T/Th/Saturday this week.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

4/30

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: 3x5 Day B

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Deckard Gainz said:

I'm seeing a lot of green. Green is good!

Yeah! I'm doing better!

 

Lifting seems to help, interestingly.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jett said:

Yeah! I'm doing better!

 

Lifting seems to help, interestingly.

Thats because lifting is good for more than just building muscles. It really is my sanity sometimes! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Thats because lifting is good for more than just building muscles. It really is my sanity sometimes! 

 

For all this time, I thought I needed to get my schedule under control so I could make time for exercise. But it seems like the desire to make room for exercise has improved my control over my schedule!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Jett said:

For all this time, I thought I needed to get my schedule under control so I could make time for exercise. But it seems like the desire to make room for exercise has improved my control over my schedule!

Funny how that works sometimes! I'll butcher any attempt to quote it, but Laura Vanderkam (a time use researcher / author) had a really good aside in her book that basically said exercise takes up too much time to fit it into our schedules only in our minds when we're coming up with reasons not to do it (her book was about working parents and what traits lead to them feeling like they had abundant time or were perpetually short on time).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Funny how that works sometimes! I'll butcher any attempt to quote it, but Laura Vanderkam (a time use researcher / author) had a really good aside in her book that basically said exercise takes up too much time to fit it into our schedules only in our minds when we're coming up with reasons not to do it (her book was about working parents and what traits lead to them feeling like they had abundant time or were perpetually short on time).

 

You're saying I should prioritize and make time for things I truly want, and plan everything else around that, instead of automatically do whatever happens and is expected, and then try to force things into my packed schedule?

 

That's just weird. :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

You're saying I should prioritize and make time for things I truly want, and plan everything else around that, instead of automatically do whatever happens and is expected, and then try to force things into my packed schedule?

Hahaha exactly. She also has collected a ton of time tracking logs from people over the years, so she's keenly aware of how much TV even highly "busy" people sometimes still watch. Not to say that's wrong if you wanna prioritize watching a favorite TV show, but if you claim TV watching isn't a priority and time logs show otherwise...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Not to say that's wrong if you wanna prioritize watching a favorite TV show, but if you claim TV watching isn't a priority and time logs show otherwise...

 

 

...that would be a problem of awareness, not of time management. And it is an excellent point and a good reminder that our brains are not always reliable when it comes to how much time we spend on various things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5/1

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: exercise

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O O

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5/2

7:30 AM: Wake up. Turn on sun lamp.

8:15 AM: 3x5 day A

9:00 AM: Breakfast, then leave for work.

1:00 PM: Lunch

6:30 PM: Head home (arrive ~7:15)

7:30 PM: Eat dinner

8:00 PM: Free time (TV, hobbies, art, gaming) - use blue light blocking glasses

9:45 PM: Take melatonin. Get ready for bed.

10:30 PM: Bed time.

 

Hydration: [================]D

Nutrition: O O

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting up 2 hours early Monday and Wednesday caught up to me. I got home super early yesterday, and then took a 2 hour nap.

For a late dinner, my wife and I went out to a nice ramen place near our house. We are celebrating that the place I have been consulting at has decided to hire me on long-term! I'm pretty pleased and excited about this. I'm tired of the contractor's life, always bouncing from one company to another after 6 months to a year. And I should be getting a pay raise with this job, so that's nice, too. :) I like the team I'm working with here, and it's a reasonable commute... and it's a global company, so I have tentative plans to eventually move countries while keeping my job. Here's hoping that works out. ;)

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now