• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM packs up her troubles

Recommended Posts

24 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Woo for getting the money in the seller's hands! One step closer. 

 

23 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

WOO!! One step closer to all finalized. Is it feeling real now?

 

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

giphy.gif

 

thanks all! it is starting to feel real! but hesitant as closing isn't until the end of June so I think issues can still crop up? lol i'm just taking this whole thing very nonchalantly i guess

 

19 minutes ago, raptron said:

wait i forgot my personal devil wrote this musical :rolleyes: he definitely has a fingerprint lolll

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

wait i forgot my personal devil wrote this musical :rolleyes: he definitely has a fingerprint lolll

Why is Lin Manuel your devil?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Why is Lin Manuel your devil?

he's a little menace that sits on my shoulder with his talented song writing skills and terrible singing voice.

 

giphy.gif

 

*shudder

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 – Tuesday

 

we got up early enough for an outdoor run, got all dressed, found out it was drizzling… okay nbd we can still do this. ran for about 5 minutes avoiding large gross worms in the road and turned back. not worth it. we did a yoga video instead.

 

giphy.gif

 

I could’ve ran after work but didn’t want to. I prepped food for today and made another beef and bok choy stir fry. I didn’t get to bed as early as I’d like. will try to amend that tonight

 

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 1/2 weights, 1/2 bridges & clamshells, 20/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/2 midnight cutoff, 1/2 drinking days, current avg 7h12m

 

the plan.

M: PM yoga

T: AM yoga

W: AM weights; visit dad

T: AM yoga; work book club

F: AM run; visit dad

S: AM yoga; groceries; visit dad

S: meal prep; visit dad’s house; GOT

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I could’ve ran after work but didn’t want to.

My fitness attitude in one sentence. I admire that you went even though it was drizzly, that is impressive. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 1 – Tuesday

 

we got up early enough for an outdoor run, got all dressed, found out it was drizzling… okay nbd we can still do this. ran for about 5 minutes avoiding large gross worms in the road and turned back. not worth it. we did a yoga video instead.

 

to avoid worms. Ahahahh. Totally fair. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Grumble said:

It's a sign you should do a different cardiovascular activity.

haha look who's talking! no i'd like to feel more comfortable with running before a 5K i have coming in June. i mean i know i CAN do it now but i'd like it to be a tad more effortless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 – Wednesday

 

DLs

135x5

155x5x3

135x5

 

ez bar curls

50x5x5

 

underhand cable pulldowns

100x5x2

105x5x3

 

squat

95x5

115x5

120x5x3

 

was still super gassed at the end of this but definitely got in more weight on DLs and squats. I’ll keep the alternating starting exercise.

 

we came to another speedbump on the road to homeownership! there is a parcel of land attached to our parcel that the owners merged together back in ’97 but what they didn’t do was deed the parcel over to the current owners. so now that deed has to go through probate court as the owner of that parcel died and we’ll have the heirs of that deed sign a contract that they will in fact deed that parcel over to us after probate. idk man. this all came out after we asked a throw away question about that “second” parcel. thank goodness we did. but we also got them to leave us an antique washing machine that we saw in the basement during the open house lol

x5JIyhN.gif

 

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 2/2 weights, 1/2 bridges & clamshells, 20/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/2 midnight cutoff, 1/2 drinking days, current avg 7h13m

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

we came to another speedbump on the road to homeownership! there is a parcel of land attached to our parcel that the owners merged together back in ’97 but what they didn’t do was deed the parcel over to the current owners. so now that deed has to go through probate court as the owner of that parcel died and we’ll have the heirs of that deed sign a contract that they will in fact deed that parcel over to us after probate. idk man. this all came out after we asked a throw away question about that “second” parcel. thank goodness we did. but we also got them to leave us an antique washing machine that we saw in the basement during the open house lol


Wut. So cofusing. Oh well, deadlifts look good and you can use the antique washing machine for cooking large amounts of pasta, storing yarn where the cats can't get it, or, idk, washing things. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Harriet said:

storing yarn where the cats can't get it

 

Is this mythical place behind the second star on the left? Where there are unicorns, and where Milli Vanilli's career went to go hide?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Is this mythical place behind the second star on the left? Where there are unicorns, and where Milli Vanilli's career went to go hide?


I think we have different types of cats. Mine are adorable and intelligent in inverse measure. And they're shockingly adorable. Big red girl will actually sometimes not be able to find her food if she doesn't see me pouring it into her bowl. She'll wait in the kitchen until I pick her up and put her in front of it. So yeah, it's not too hard to hide things from her. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

1/2 drinking days

 

I'd like to congratulate you on this goal in particular. I think heavy and frequent drinking played a very large role in getting me through the homebuying process... not sure, can't quite remember...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

 

I'd like to congratulate you on this goal in particular. I think heavy and frequent drinking played a very large role in getting me through the homebuying process... not sure, can't quite remember...

:lol: whooopsss i didn't quite think that one through eh? maybe the extra sleep i'll get from being sober more often will suffice?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Harriet said:


I think we have different types of cats. Mine are adorable and intelligent in inverse measure. And they're shockingly adorable. Big red girl will actually sometimes not be able to find her food if she doesn't see me pouring it into her bowl. She'll wait in the kitchen until I pick her up and put her in front of it. So yeah, it's not too hard to hide things from her. 

 

We most definitely have different types of cats. Mine are the type that makes it highly probably they actually are demons in disguise, and if they have seen a human handle an item they want, they will stop at nothing to get their claws on it.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

We most definitely have different types of cats. Mine are the type that makes it highly probably they actually are demons in disguise, and if they have seen a human handle an item they want, they will stop at nothing to get their claws on it.

One of mine loves bellyrubs from EVERYONE, the kind without the claw trap. The other just wants to be near her people, and nowhere near not her people and will ask me for a pet when I get up. Every. Single. Morning.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Grumble said:

One of mine loves bellyrubs from EVERYONE, the kind without the claw trap. The other just wants to be near her people, and nowhere near not her people and will ask me for a pet when I get up. Every. Single. Morning.


Nice that she doesn't do the claw trap - I think even sweet tempered cats can get overexcited about belly rubs. Mine would probably be happy if I spent 90% of my time stroking them. But they don't like other people much. Big red likes to lay on top of me if I snooze on the couch or lie down on the floor for exercises. She's about 13lb and stretches the entire length of my torso (tail not included) and has a loud, powerful purr that makes my chest and stomach vibrate. Little torbie likes to sit across the top of my computer chair, head on my right shoulder, tail hanging over my left. I miss them because a friend is looking after them while we're in the USA. And Mr Harriet wants to stay another year, so, not sure when I'll see them again :( 

  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pets! i hear you, harriet. my mom and stepdad watch over our dog more than we do these days. with everything going on and the fact that they work from home way more often, it's just better for the pup. but sad for us! :( 

 

 

Week 1 – Thursday

 

slept in and didn’t do yoga. we forgot to put our heat back up after getting home from work wednesday night so it was just way too comfy in the bed. it does help my sleep average!

 

I also didn’t do any yoga after getting home from book club. I put away clean dishes, washed a load of laundry, and had some leftovers for dinner. Spouse and I had made a broccoli and ham soup with leftover ham bone – twas delicious.

 

Fitness: 1/2 runs, 2/2 weights, 1/2 bridges & clamshells, 20/30 yoga

Sleep: 1/2 midnight cutoff, 1/2 drinking days, current avg 7h27m

 

the plan.

M: PM yoga

T: AM yoga

W: AM weights; visit dad

T: AM yoga; work book club

F: AM run; visit dad; nerds!

S: AM yoga; groceries; store returns

S: AM yoga?; meal prep; visit dad and dad's house; GOT

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 1 – Friday

 

It was sprinkling out but only had just started so no worms :) 2 miles in 28:17 mins. my lower back was really fatigued and I had forgotten to take my inhaler so not the best run for me. but I did it.

 

I left work early to visit my dad and then headed to another part of town to meet up with a coupla nerds! it was downpouring but totally worth it. also too short. there’s never enough time with nerds.

 

Week 1 – Saturday

 

had a nice lie-in instead of rushing around to get groceries done before the weekend crowds. we went to return some stuff and decided that margaritas and chips were a great idea. got a bit tipsy on delicious margs and then continued shopping.

 

we ended up meeting with a few friends at a local brewery which was nice but I was ready to head home around 10. we grabbed a couple gf pizzas and watched Russian Doll. which is really wanted I had wanted to do all night anyway lol

 

veggies: asparagus, veg in quesadilla and a veg pizza (the pizza was legit loaded with real veggies so I’m counting these efforts)

 

Week 1 – Sunday

 

I did some yoga and included bridges & clamshells. showered and went to visit my dad. we watched hidden figures, I knew he’d love it. he loves underdog stories. Spouse generously meal prepped both bfasts and lunches while I was visiting him.

 

I had to go to my dad’s house to check on a couple things, then we picked up our pup! and head over to a friends to watch GOT. holy darkness batman. I did have more than 2 beers (I think probably only 3 but I still woke up feeling hungoverish, so point against my drinking limits).

 

veggies: asian veg bag

 

week 1 scores!

Food: 3/3 weekend vegetables

Fitness: 2/2 runs, 2/2 weights, 2/2 bridges & clamshells, 30/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/2 midnight cutoff, 3/2 drinking days, current avg 7h38m

 

besides probably more drinking that I needed (or wanted to really. this goal over the past couple challenges has forced me to look at the enjoyment of drinking [typically very high enjoyment but realizing I don’t always want it]) it was a pretty good looking week 1! should be signing our P&S today as well!

  • survive purchase & sale
    • reduce student loan payments
    • confirm mortgage commitment date
    • review the draft P&S with attorney
    • Sign the P&S, deposit due
    • Submit the P&S to the Lender for an Appraisal
    • work with the Lender on final documentation
  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Deckard Gainz said:

 

This is my achilles...back, when it comes to running. if you ever figure out how to alleviate this, let me know.

 

What's your posture look like when you run? A lot of people overarch their back, yours truly included, when they run causing the fatigue. Treat it like you would a plank, a generally straight line from neck to glutes, using your core to brace and keep yourself from arching. Running is weird. Your legs need to be below or behind, never in front, which pulls your hips back and makes you want to arch your back, but you need to do all that while keeping your hips neutral and your back straight and keep a decent forward momentum without falling over. And people wonder why I refuse to run another marathon.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.