• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM packs up her troubles

20 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

No, we don't.

People that aren't you people. When I went back to the run club, one of the crazy runner guys (runs Boston every year) asked if I was ready for my next. I said no, colorfully. He responded with "That's bad, usually after a week when the pain goes away they're ready to do another one. This is a bad sign. We need to work on you."

• Haha 3

Just now, Grumble said:

When I went back to the run club, one of the crazy runner guys (runs Boston every year) asked if I was ready for my next. I said no, colorfully. He responded with "That's bad, usually after a week when the pain goes away they're ready to do another one. This is a bad sign. We need to work on you."

No, they don't. :P

Next time, tell him you're working on your next bucket list item, and don't have time for more marathons.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Grumble said:

What's your posture look like when you run? A lot of people overarch their back, yours truly included, when they run causing the fatigue. Treat it like you would a plank, a generally straight line from neck to glutes, using your core to brace and keep yourself from arching. Running is weird. Your legs need to be below or behind, never in front, which pulls your hips back and makes you want to arch your back, but you need to do all that while keeping your hips neutral and your back straight and keep a decent forward momentum without falling over. And people wonder why I refuse to run another marathon.

it's definitely a posture thing. for me, i am usually fine but I have just done lots of heavy squats and DLs two days before. so... i wasn't fine :lol:

2 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it's definitely a posture thing. for me, i am usually fine but I have just done lots of heavy squats and DLs two days before. so... i wasn't fine :lol:

friend: how is everything going

me: fine

narrator: things were not fine

• Haha 5

Week 2 – Monday

signed P&S yesterday! 

• reduce student loan payments
  • confirm mortgage commitment date (5/20)
  • review the draft P&S with attorney
  • Sign the P&S, deposit due
  • Submit the P&S to the Lender for an Appraisal
  • work with the Lender on final documentation

now waiting on appraisal fee. yesterday was pretty busy so i didn't get much fitnessy stuff done. I had work meetings in town near where my dad is so I also visited him. i also expected to be home around 9pm and ended up getting an invite to a client dinner so wasn't home until midnight. i had just been telling one of my bosses how important sleep has been for my sanity so i felt fine sleeping in this morning and coming in a bit late today. i'd love to get some yoga in tonight but we have another work event. i'm hoping to be able to duck out around 6 though...

giphy.gif

the plan.

M: work outings; visit dad

T: PM yoga

W: AM run

T: AM yoga

F: AM weights; Iceland meeting

S: AM yoga; groceries; haircut; visit dad

S: meal prep; GOT

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Grumble said:

How's your dad doing?

53 minutes ago, Grumble said:

friend: how is everything going

me: fine

narrator: things were not fine

he's okay. but not improved since the fall in mid-December. there have been too many hurdles to really get him proper physical therapy and insurance is a beast.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i had just been telling one of my bosses how important sleep has been for my sanity so i felt fine sleeping in this morning and coming in a bit late today.

\o/ GOOD

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i'd love to get some yoga in tonight but we have another work event. i'm hoping to be able to duck out around 6 though...

Ahhh, good luck. :|

• Thanks 1

Week 2 – Tuesday

I was able to leave the work event after 15 minutes haha. I did some yoga at home and actually cleaned out some of my closet. I went through a tub of clothes that I’ve been stacking with those that don’t fit anymore. I put the clothes I don’t yet want to part with on the top.

dinner was a hungryroot meal with added sausage. and we got to bed at our normal time!

Fitness: 2/3 runs, 2/3 weights, 2/3 bridges & clamshells, 8/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 3/3 drinking days, current avg 7h3m

I went for my outdoor run this morning and about 15 mins in, I’m thinking “wow, I feel great, this is a great ru-“ then I slam my body into the pavement. I don’t even know how I fell but my hands are all scraped up and bloody. showering, clothing myself and typing this is v hard. 

tumblr_n369q92AZT1qekmu9o2_250.gif

• Sad 3

23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

signed P&S yesterday! 

\o/!!!!!

23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i had just been telling one of my bosses how important sleep has been for my sanity so i felt fine sleeping in this morning and coming in a bit late today.

This is so awesome - love that you're able to have those types of convos with your bosses!

Sorry to hear that the ground attacked you - hope things heal up quickly for you.

And continuing to hope that you're able to get your dad all the treatment he needs.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

It sucks when the ground jumps up and ambushes you out of nowhere. Hope you heal soon!

That's the problem with the ground, it's all over town.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

I went for my outdoor run this morning and about 15 mins in, I’m thinking “wow, I feel great, this is a great ru-“ then I slam my body into the pavement. I don’t even know how I fell but my hands are all scraped up and bloody. showering, clothing myself and typing this is v hard. 

OMG WHATTTTTTTTTT. AOIFjkadskjfslkd. 

I knew running was evil, but I didn't know the VERY EARTH would rise up against you.

• Haha 5

5 minutes ago, raptron said:

I knew running was evil, but I didn't know the VERY EARTH would rise up against you.

You have no idea. I had to make a Pact. Fortunately it was nulled when the run took longer than the agreed upon time. Good thing to, I really like grimble.

• Haha 3

i seriously laid on the pavement for a beat wondering if that really happened haha - hands hurt and washing them is a pain but shouldn't prevent me from trying another run this week. might have to be at the gym though since it's raining for the next forever here!

also should be able to do some weight lifting. the cuts are closer to the "heel" of my hand. right side is definitely deeper than left and the bandaid looks pretty saturated right now... but i'm definitely not taking it off. you should see me when Spouse has to spray my wounds with anti-septic. she also wanted to try and wipe out some of the dirt. hard pass. it'll be fiiiiiine.

giphy.gif

incline pushups for the mini won't be happening for a few days though and maybe even with pillows under my hands. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

since it's raining for the next forever here!

welcome to flood club.

seriously though, congrats on the signing and sorry to hear about your trip-up. Get well soon! Oh and, maybe pushups on dumb bells if your grip is ok?

2 minutes ago, Deckard Gainz said:

welcome to flood club.

seriously though, congrats on the signing and sorry to hear about your trip-up. Get well soon! Oh and, maybe pushups on dumb bells if your grip is ok?

thanks! and yes could totally do those but i thiiiink i'm probably at counter level. it's been awhile in any case. 

54 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

incline pushups for the mini won't be happening for a few days though and maybe even with pillows under my hands. :rolleyes:

maybe just fingertips? cause those are definitely easier. >_>

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Knuckles! Knuckles!

I enjoy the crunching noise they make when I apply pressure to them. 

Aw boo that sucks! Sorry for your wipe out. I feel like the last week has been ripe with nonsense like this, I hope you heal up nice and fast!!! <3 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedStone said:

Aw boo that sucks! Sorry for your wipe out. I feel like the last week has been ripe with nonsense like this, I hope you heal up nice and fast!!! <3 

Ripe with nonsense, lol. I'm imagining a nonsense tree that's flowered and is now producing fruit. 

56 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Ripe with nonsense, lol. I'm imagining a nonsense tree that's flowered and is now producing fruit. 

YES that is my spirit plant right now.

Week 2 – Wednesday

aforementioned run of doom: 18 mins, 1.15 miles

tumblr_p0nrog5vkk1s3n53to1_400.gif

work was actually really productive for a Wednesday and despite having hand wounds lol I was able to leave a tad early to decompress before jumping into making dinner and yoga.

I realized there wasn’t enough dinner for 4 servings (lunches today) so Spouse went and got chipotle which was just okay and really we haven’t had a great chipotle experience in a while so we need to find a new easy and delicious take out food. there appears to be a gyro and kebab place 4 mins from our new house…

Fitness: 3/3 runs, 2/3 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 16/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 3/3 drinking days, current avg 7h23m

• Like 1

oh! and my left bicep(?) area is sore which i'm thinking is from catching myself better on that side during the fall. matches up since the would on my right hand is much deeper. but i did get to the gym this morning for treadmill time. hands should be fine for squats tomorrow!

• Like 1