• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM packs up her troubles

Recommended Posts

Week 2 – Thursday

 

alright, weekly run take two. 2.07 miles in 30 minutes. I did walk/run intervals:

00:00-5:00: Warmup walk

5:00-10:00: Run

10:00-13:00: Walk

13:00-18:00: Run

18:00-21:00: Walk

21:00-26:00: Run

26:00-30:00: Cooldown Walk

 

work was a bit hectic and I supervise someone who wants to be promoted but isn’t showing the effort. that fact came into full relief yesterday. in any case, I got done what needed to be done to make the client happy and that is why I have an office.

 

got home and did a load of laundry and made a kitchen sink dinner with spouse. since getting hungryroot deliveries every other week, I’ve notice my other dinners are definitely not planned as well as they used to be. last night was spicy Italian sausage, onions, garlic, frozen mix veg, tomato sauce, and rice

¯\_()_/¯ it ended up being fine but still lol

 

Fitness: 3.5/3 runs, 2/3 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 23/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 3/3 drinking days, current avg 7h20m

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

spicy Italian sausage, onions, garlic, frozen mix veg, tomato sauce, and rice

¯\_()_/¯ it ended up being fine but still lol

 

I get it but like... it sounds pretty tasty... like put onions and garlic in anything and boom, good meal

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Deckard Gainz said:

 

I get it but like... it sounds pretty tasty... like put onions and garlic in anything and boom, good meal

 

54 minutes ago, raptron said:

90% of my meals I cook are YOLO throw it in the pan style these days, I feel you. 

peas, carrots, and green beans work surprisingly well in a "cabbage roll" type situation :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, raptron said:

90% of my meals I cook are YOLO throw it in the pan style these days, I feel you. 

YOLO cooking is the best! Although I probs just rotate through the same 6-8 meals for meal prep pretty consistently these days.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

YOLO cooking is the best! Although I probs just rotate through the same 6-8 meals for meal prep pretty consistently these days.

do you have a favorite of those 6-8?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

do you have a favorite of those 6-8?

Umm I dunno - I LOVE my version of pad thai, but mac n cheese w/ broccoli and peppers is also great, and I really like my mediterranean power bowls too, and the list keeps going lol. I think it's less me having a favorite and more me having some easy go-to's (and occasionally letting it be decided by what's already in my pantry and/or fridge so that less food goes to waste haha).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Umm I dunno - I LOVE my version of pad thai, but mac n cheese w/ broccoli and peppers is also great, and I really like my mediterranean power bowls too, and the list keeps going lol. I think it's less me having a favorite and more me having some easy go-to's (and occasionally letting it be decided by what's already in my pantry and/or fridge so that less food goes to waste haha).

oooo mediterranean power bowls sound great for this time of year! i'm gunna look that one up

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

oooo mediterranean power bowls sound great for this time of year! i'm gunna look that one up

I don't really do a recipe, but here's my ingredients if you want a jumping off point:

  • Quinoa or couscous (~1 - 1.5 servings per bowl)
  • Trader Joe's falafel mix, baked (not amazing flavor, but it's a just add water sitch, so beggars can't be choosers) - ~0.5-0.75 servings per bowl (i.e. 2 pucks)
  • Onions and red bell pep, caramelized in a pan - never actually measure this, think I do two peppers and one onion for 6 lunches?
  • Trade Joe's cruciferous crunch mix, pan wilted, usually with a splash of orange muscat vinegar (also from TJ's) - usually do two bags cause I love me some greens
  • Top it all with a tahini based dressing - usually tahini, fresh lemon juice, water to thin, salt, oregano and paprika adjusted til I get a tangy sauce with a nice flavor - I think I make 0.5 - 1 cup of dressing for all 6 bowls, no idea how that works out serving wise
  • Don't remember if I usually add them or not, but garbanzo beans would also be great in this

I really like it for a meal prep that tastes great cold, especially in the summer.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 5:16 PM, Mike Wazowski said:

I don't really do a recipe, but here's my ingredients if you want a jumping off point:

  • Quinoa or couscous (~1 - 1.5 servings per bowl)
  • Trader Joe's falafel mix, baked (not amazing flavor, but it's a just add water sitch, so beggars can't be choosers) - ~0.5-0.75 servings per bowl (i.e. 2 pucks)
  • Onions and red bell pep, caramelized in a pan - never actually measure this, think I do two peppers and one onion for 6 lunches?
  • Trade Joe's cruciferous crunch mix, pan wilted, usually with a splash of orange muscat vinegar (also from TJ's) - usually do two bags cause I love me some greens
  • Top it all with a tahini based dressing - usually tahini, fresh lemon juice, water to thin, salt, oregano and paprika adjusted til I get a tangy sauce with a nice flavor - I think I make 0.5 - 1 cup of dressing for all 6 bowls, no idea how that works out serving wise
  • Don't remember if I usually add them or not, but garbanzo beans would also be great in this

I really like it for a meal prep that tastes great cold, especially in the summer.

oh AWESOME! thanks. i found an okay looking one but yours has everything i want. beans, feta, or chicken would be great add-ons/subs here.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 2 – Friday

I had made the executive decision thurs night to set my alarm a half hour later than I would if I was going to the gym. instead I did the warrior mini and some yoga. wise decision since I’m not quite making the sleep goal.

 

had a meeting (that could’ve been an email) with friends to discuss our upcoming trip to Iceland. I wasn’t going to drink but then it was 12am and spouse hadn’t finished her drink yet so I had 2 canned cocktails – they’re 9% abv…

 

Fitness: 3.5/3 runs, 2/3 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 30/30 yoga

Sleep: 2/3 midnight cutoff, 4/3 drinking days, current avg 7h23m

 

Week 2 – Saturday

 

got up around 9:30 because we had a cleaning person coming for 10 which ended up getting canceled. but it was a good thing I got up bc my haircut appt was at 10:30 and not 12pm like I had thought. I was able to reschedule the cleaning for later in the afternoon. we got groceries done and went to visit my dad.

 

One of our besties is going through a real bad bout of depression so we had her over and watched homecoming. she said the evening was a blessing so I hope it helped her remember she has a support system. I will say that depression is a beast and will always try to make the sufferer feel inadequate. first it was her living conditions, so she changed that; then it was her body, so she changed that; and now it’s something else. nothing she changed was ever going to make that voice go away. there is much work ahead of her in therapy and medication.

 

BTW homecoming was amazing and somehow I had not heard about the guest appearances and I had a right freak out when they happened.

 

veggies: broccoli 2x, spinach & peppers in a salad bar bowl (which also went right through me, too much fiber meybee)

 

Week 2 – Sunday

 

Spouse and I meal prepped breakfasts and lunches for the week. she also did a load of laundry. and we did a few errands before heading to a bar with friends. many margs were had and a terrible decision to order mcdonalds through ubereats. I haven’t had their food in a really long time and after much drinking it made my stomach turn. all of us that ate it had bad stomach aches throughout GOT.

 

veggies: peppers & artichoke on pizza

 

week 2 scores!

Food: 3/3 weekend vegetables

Fitness: 3.5/3 runs, 2/3 weights, 3/3 bridges & clamshells, 30/30 yoga

Sleep: 3/3 midnight cutoff, 5/3 drinking days, weekly avg 7h16m

 

Let’s get sleep back up for week 3. The plan is to not drink on Friday and Sunday of this upcoming weekend. I can totally do this.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Glad you could be there for your friend - it takes incredible strength to walk with someone in their depression without any judgment, and she's lucky to have friends like you and Spouse there with her!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Harriet said:

Sorry to hear about your friend's depression but glad she has you. Looking pretty good on the week two scores, too!

 

15 hours ago, Mike Wazowski said:

Glad you could be there for your friend - it takes incredible strength to walk with someone in their depression without any judgment, and she's lucky to have friends like you and Spouse there with her!

thanks nerds! i hadn't thought of it that way but i'm sure you're right. there are plenty of folks out there who would write someone with poor mental health off.

 

Week 3 – Monday

 

slow day at work but got a bunch of personal stuff done haha

 

visited dad, spouse made roasted chicken & brussels for din, and we stayed up a bit past our regular tv-off time watching adam sandler’s snl. still haven’t finished it though.

 

Fitness: 3.5/4 runs, 2/4 weights, 3/4 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 3/4 midnight cutoff, 5/4 drinking days, current avg 6h58m

 

I’m considering going for a run after work tonight… I haven’t worked out after work in a loooong time.

 

 

the plan.

M: visit dad

T: PM run

W: AM gym; visit dad

T: AM yoga

F: AM gym; visit dad

S: groceries; pick up volunteer sneakers; yoga?; family birthday party

S: meal prep; yoga?; GOT

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hope the run goes well today. Sometimes getting personal stuff done and out of your mental space is necessary for productivity in other places. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

thanks nerds! i hadn't thought of it that way but i'm sure you're right. there are plenty of folks out there who would write someone with poor mental health off.

 

For sure - and not just writing them off, but also not trying to solve it for them, and just meeting them where they are with empathy. Takes incredible strength and also is amazing to be able to do for a fried. :)

 

59 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Week 3 – Monday

 

slow day at work but got a bunch of personal stuff done haha 

 

Sometimes those are the best work days!

 

Good luck with the run tonight! Workouts after work are super hard for me, haha.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Mike Wazowski said:

 

For sure - and not just writing them off, but also not trying to solve it for them, and just meeting them where they are with empathy. Takes incredible strength and also is amazing to be able to do for a fried. :)

 

 

This is a good point. Unfortunately we can't cure other people's illnesses, but some people definitely try, and it can be draining. Being there without being the solution is ideal. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

One of our besties is going through a real bad bout of depression so we had her over and watched homecoming. she said the evening was a blessing so I hope it helped her remember she has a support system. I will say that depression is a beast and will always try to make the sufferer feel inadequate. first it was her living conditions, so she changed that; then it was her body, so she changed that; and now it’s something else. nothing she changed was ever going to make that voice go away. there is much work ahead of her in therapy and medication.

<3 glad you guys are there for her. 

23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

BTW homecoming was amazing and somehow I had not heard about the guest appearances and I had a right freak out when they happened.

It's so good. <3 

 

23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Let’s get sleep back up for week 3. The plan is to not drink on Friday and Sunday of this upcoming weekend. I can totally do this.

I BELIEVE IN YOU.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harriet said:

 

This is a good point. Unfortunately we can't cure other people's illnesses, but some people definitely try, and it can be draining. Being there without being the solution is ideal. 

 

It can be draining on the ill person too. Past a certain point, constantly having to fend off a person who tries to be a solution instead of support, becomes exhausting.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

It can be draining on the ill person too. Past a certain point, constantly having to fend off a person who tries to be a solution instead of support, becomes exhausting.

that's what i was thinking mike meant - i used to think i always had to try and come up with a solution for my friends problems but have since learned better

 

2 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Are you doing a specific program for your running? Or just whatever you feel/can handle that day?

i stole from this: https://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

not usually on a treadmill if i can help it and i started around week 4 with less repetitions of the same running intervals than they have!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Week 3 – Tuesday

 

ended up sleeping in instead of going for a run. slept a solid 8h50m. yowza. guess I needed it but hopefully now I’m good to bang out the rest of the week with gusto.

 

I did go on a run after work. I warmed up with a walk accompanied by the pup. after about 3-4 minutes in, my shins started hurting. which has never happened before. shin splints maybe? I did the run and they don’t hurt when jogging, just walking. the run felt kind of like trash tho. lower back hurt, out of breath, and couldn’t go at 5 min intervals. ah well. win some lose some. 1.78 miles in 24:41 mins.

I ate a bunch of chips and salsa afterwards while contemplating what to do with the broccoli and chicken sausage for dinner. I ended up remembering we had potatoes to use up so I made a creamy broccoli soup.

tenor.gif

 

Fitness: 4.5/4 runs, 2/4 weights, 3/4 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 3/4 midnight cutoff, 5/4 drinking days, current avg 7h49m

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

 

I ate a bunch of chips and salsa afterwards while contemplating what to do with the broccoli and chicken sausage for dinner. I ended up remembering we had potatoes to use up so I made a creamy broccoli soup.

tenor.gif

 


Ooh, that sounds nice! 

My shins started hurting (along with my knees) after I started taekwondo (which also added another 1.5 hours walking to my week) but it got better after I bought proper squishy running shoes. But I assume you already have proper shoes. The running is new-ish, right? Maybe you will adjust? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Harriet said:

My shins started hurting (along with my knees) after I started taekwondo (which also added another 1.5 hours walking to my week) but it got better after I bought proper squishy running shoes. But I assume you already have proper shoes. The running is new-ish, right? Maybe you will adjust? 

i was actually wondering if it was my minimalist shoes. perfect for my running gait but maybe not so much for walking. i don't usually use them for walks anyhow but i'll try to be more aware of that. i'm not really new to running just a bit of a restart and definitely new to it in my heavier body. could be that as well!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.