• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

CourtnieMarie

CM packs up her troubles

23 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

that's what i was thinking mike meant - i used to think i always had to try and come up with a solution for my friends problems but have since learned better

i stole from this: https://www.c25k.com/c25k_treadmill.html

not usually on a treadmill if i can help it and i started around week 4 with less repetitions of the same running intervals than they have!

Nice! I did c25k summer of 2017 and it ended up working out pretty well for me. I liked it because a lot of people made custom podcasts or playlists that narrated when to walk/run. I found that very helpful. I think I ended up making a custom week 3.5 because it was a pretty big jump for me (running 3 mins with equal rest to running 5 minutes with 2.5 rest).

I've been thinking about hopping back into running now that it is getting nice out again.

Have you been stretching before or after?

7 minutes ago, miss_marissa said:

Nice! I did c25k summer of 2017 and it ended up working out pretty well for me. I liked it because a lot of people made custom podcasts or playlists that narrated when to walk/run. I found that very helpful. I think I ended up making a custom week 3.5 because it was a pretty big jump for me (running 3 mins with equal rest to running 5 minutes with 2.5 rest).

I've been thinking about hopping back into running now that it is getting nice out again.

Have you been stretching before or after?

it is a big jump! and i definitely was feeling that yesterday. i tried not to get down on myself for an "off" day and just walked when i needed to. the weather definitely makes it a more enjoyable activity. i will say i feel a zillion times more self-conscious running at my current weight than i did a year ago. it's that sense of "all these people in cars are totally watching me right now" i run in the middle of my neighborhood as much as possible but sometimes that's worse because the cars that do drive by are driving reallllyyy slow lol

STRETCHING! much important. no i haven't *shame.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

it is a big jump! and i definitely was feeling that yesterday. i tried not to get down on myself for an "off" day and just walked when i needed to. the weather definitely makes it a more enjoyable activity. i will say i feel a zillion times more self-conscious running at my current weight than i did a year ago. it's that sense of "all these people in cars are totally watching me right now" i run in the middle of my neighborhood as much as possible but sometimes that's worse because the cars that do drive by are driving reallllyyy slow lol

If it makes you feel better, EVERY time I see someone out running, no matter what shape they are, I always do a:

giphy.gif

because they are out there doing the work! You rock that run! :)

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, miss_marissa said:

Nice! I did c25k summer of 2017 and it ended up working out pretty well for me. I liked it because a lot of people made custom podcasts or playlists that narrated when to walk/run.

I love c25k playlists!

i tried not to get down on myself for an "off" day and just walked when i needed to.

GOOD.

the weather definitely makes it a more enjoyable activity. i will say i feel a zillion times more self-conscious running at my current weight than i did a year ago. it's that sense of "all these people in cars are totally watching me right now" i run in the middle of my neighborhood as much as possible but sometimes that's worse because the cars that do drive by are driving reallllyyy slow lol

Aww, they're just going about their lives and you're going about yours. Though it's hard to shake the feelinggggg that people are watching.

• Like 1

On 5/8/2019 at 12:41 PM, CourtnieMarie said:

it's that sense of "all these people in cars are totally watching me right now"

"That's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that." -- Slartibartfast.

But seriously, I'm sure it's fine. When I look at people running I mostly think "rather you than me" or "ouch, my feet hurt vicariously" but never "how dare you run while fat". 

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, JustCallMeAmber said:

If it makes you feel better, EVERY time I see someone out running, no matter what shape they are, I always do a:

giphy.gif

because they are out there doing the work! You rock that run! :)

20 hours ago, raptron said:

I love c25k playlists!

GOOD.

Aww, they're just going about their lives and you're going about yours. Though it's hard to shake the feelinggggg that people are watching.

14 hours ago, Harriet said:

"That's just perfectly normal paranoia. Everyone in the Universe has that." -- Slartibartfast.

But seriously, I'm sure it's fine. When I look at people running I mostly think "rather you than me" or "ouch, my feet hurt vicariously" but never "how dare you run while fat". 

THANKKKS you all. i will now hope that most people driving by are just your friendly neighborhood nerds :D

Week 3 – Wednesday

back to the weights after 2 full weeks. aiyeeee

squat

95x5

115x5

110x5x3

ez bar curls

50x5x5

underhand cable pulldowns

100x5

105x5x4

DLs – didn’t want to deload the bar which was left by whoever at 95. I did end up deloading it for a set at 135 but only one. ran out of time and steam.

95x10

135x5

I got in some yoga after work and also washed / dried a load of laundry

Fitness: 4.5/4 runs, 3/4 weights, 3/4 bridges & clamshells, 9/30 yoga

Sleep: 3/4 midnight cutoff, 5/4 drinking days, current avg 7h40m

Week 3 – Thursday

decided to stay at home and workout in the morning. followed a recent insta live from Sarah Robles showing us her stretching routine and dynamic warm up. so I did those and then I did a tough mudder circuit. I’m counting it as a half point towards my weights goal. holy moly do I need some conditioning. burpees are still the devil.

15 bw squats

15 counter pushups

15 bw squats

15 counter pushups

2 min rest

10 burpees

30 jump rope

5 burpees

2 min rest

10 car trunk pushups

10 tuck jumps

10 car trunk pushups

10 tuck jumps

10 car trunk pushups

10 tuck jumps

and wow. wow. between that and the lifting every single muscle in my body is sore. going to try for another one of these on saturday to keep soreness at bay in the future.

i also stayed home home from work. i needed it. i folded laundry, returned an item to a far-ish away store, bought moms day gifts, and even got some work done. also finished The OA - phewwwww what a ride season 2 was.

Fitness: 4.5/4 runs, 3.5/4 weights, 3/4 bridges & clamshells, 18/30 yoga

Sleep: 3/4 midnight cutoff, 5/4 drinking days, current avg 7h38m

getting in enough sleep and exercise I’d say. more stretching/yoga should happen. my right shoulder is flaring up again. trying to be cautious of that. maybe burpees need to go. *nods sagely.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, CourtnieMarie said:

15 bw squats

15 counter pushups

15 bw squats

15 counter pushups

2 min rest

10 burpees

30 jump rope

5 burpees

2 min rest

10 car trunk pushups

10 tuck jumps

10 car trunk pushups

10 tuck jumps

10 car trunk pushups

10 tuck jumps

Arghhhhhhhhhh.

giphy.gif?cid=790b76115cd59376394a2f7236

I'm impressed by your self discipline. Pretty sure I'd be questioning the programme, the exercises, the meaning of life, and whether I truly need to be fit and healthy by a third of the way through. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, Harriet said:

Arghhhhhhhhhh.

I'm impressed by your self discipline. Pretty sure I'd be questioning the programme, the exercises, the meaning of life, and whether I truly need to be fit and healthy by a third of the way through. 

thanks haha but i actually don't mind these workouts - i've done the tough mudder workout calendars for the past 2 years and enjoy how quick most of them are! this one took 16 minutes which is why i had time to do yoga/stretching beforehand :encouragement:

• Like 1

Week 3 – Friday

yoga video in the AM which included 5 of the 20 bridges that I typically do. and then I never finished that out over the weekend :(

visited my dad after work and went home for some dr. who and dinner.

Fitness: 4.5/4 runs, 3.5/4 weights, 3.2/4 bridges & clamshells, 34/30 yoga

Sleep: 3/4 midnight cutoff, 5/4 drinking days, current avg 7h42m

Week 3 – Saturday

Did another little tough mudder workout as I hoped to!

20 BW squats

20 car trunk Push Ups

20 Russian Twists

16-12-8-4 reps:

BW squats

counter Push Ups

Russian Twists

we got the grocery shop done and a couple other errands. we went down to CT for a family party. and then to a bar to meet up with friends afterwards.

veggies: leftover broccoli soup; salad

Week 3 – Sunday

slept in a bit and went out for bfast at our local diner. I made a pepper, onions, & cheddar egg casserole while spouse did some course work.

we crashed a friend’s mother’s day lunch and were happily fed a ham dinner. I went to visit my mom for a bit and then good ol’ game of thrones.

veggies: broccoli; green beans & carrots; more broccoli

week 3 scores!

Food: 5/3 weekend vegetables

Fitness: 4.5/4 runs, 4/4 weights, 3.2/4 bridges & clamshells, 34/30 yoga

Sleep: 4/4 midnight cutoff, 7/4 drinking days, current avg 7h42m

I ended up drinking on Sunday… but not Friday! so half of a win. I did get plenty of sleep last week though so that’s pretty great.

• Like 3

Week 4 – Monday

small sleep after GOT – even though I adhered to leaving our friends by 11pm. left work early to visit dad, not a great day. every time he gets moved to a different unit we have to start all over with our recommendations for what has been working for him.

Spouse had some trouble with dinner so we didn’t end up eating until after we usually turn off the tv and get ready for bed. just another manic monday folks!

Fitness: 4.5/5 runs, 4/5 weights, 3.2/5 bridges & clamshells, 0/30 yoga

Sleep: 4/5 midnight cutoff, 7/5 drinking days, current avg 6h38m

• Sad 2

Week 4 – Tuesday

got a good chunk of sleep mon into tuesday. did bridges/clamshells after work and cooked up a hungryroot dinner.

a group of friends did a GOT death pool along with a few bonus questions. we’re having some debate over… (S8E5 spoilers below!)

Spoiler

Clegane bowl. one of the bonus questions asks ”Who is the winner of the Clegane bowl?” friends answers included:

• the hound
  • kill each other
  • neither – both die

I’d love to hear anyone’s opinion who has one!

Fitness: 4.5/5 runs, 4/5 weights, 4.2/5 bridges & clamshells, 10/30 yoga

Sleep: 4/5 midnight cutoff, 7/5 drinking days, current avg 7h32m

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

a group of friends did a GOT death pool along with a few bonus questions. we’re having some debate over… (S8E5 spoilers below!)

Reveal hidden contents

Clegane bowl. one of the bonus questions asks ”Who is the winner of the Clegane bowl?” friends answers included:

• the hound
  • kill each other
  • neither – both die

I’d love to hear anyone’s opinion who has one!

Spoiler

Sandor won the Clegane Bowl. He was the one who threw them both off the tower, and the question very clearly asks "who wins the fight?", not " who wins and survives?"

4 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sandor won the Clegane Bowl. He was the one who threw them both off the tower, and the question very clearly asks "who wins the fight?", not " who wins and survives?"

Spoiler

THANK YOU

ahem.

• Haha 4

Week 4 – Wednesday

DLs

135x5x5

EZ bar curls

50x5x5

Squats

95x5

115x5

110x5x3

Inverted rows

8, 8, 8, 8

Both pulldown cables were being used so I did these instead.

Crazy day at work – huge project came in and we’re going to be flat out for the next 6 weeks. I prepped a big batch of spicy pineapple pork which was neither spicy nor pineappley. I used 3 serrano chilies so that was kind of a bummer. still fine nonetheless. added kale and pinto beans. I got in some yoga and a load of laundry in the wash

Fitness: 4.5/5 runs, 5/5 weights, 4.2/5 bridges & clamshells, 20/30 yoga

Sleep: 4/5 midnight cutoff, 7/5 drinking days, current avg 7h28m

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Crazy day at work – huge project came in and we’re going to be flat out for the next 6 weeks.

GL.

I prepped a big batch of spicy pineapple pork which was neither spicy nor pineappley. I used 3 serrano chilies so that was kind of a bummer.

Awww.

• Thanks 1

Crazy day at work – huge project came in and we’re going to be flat out for the next 6 weeks.

Good luck - I'm sure you'll kill it!

Also, killin' it with the workout!

I prepped a big batch of spicy pineapple pork which was neither spicy nor pineappley. I used 3 serrano chilies so that was kind of a bummer.

Always disappointing when that happens! So hard to gauge how spicy peppers are gonna be.

Looks like you're killing it on goals this week!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

Is it hydra shaped? :o

If it is, enlist a trusted comrade-in-arms to help you take the heads off one by one. Works every time.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Hide contents

YOU'RE SO RIGHT! 

6 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Is it hydra shaped? :o

If it is, enlist a trusted comrade-in-arms to help you take the heads off one by one. Works every time.

it probably will be hydra shaped, playing the waiting game right now which is the worst. and thank you! i did already enlist my mom to watch my dog for a few days next week while spouse is away at a conference. that way i don't have to worry too much about getting home at my exact usual time

1 minute ago, JessFit said:

YOU'RE SO RIGHT! 

i'm glad you both agree with me hahaha - we did a doodle poll to vote on it. but of course we're not impartial voters. in any case. my answer is winning :D 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

i'm glad you both agree with me hahaha - we did a doodle poll to vote on it. but of course we're not impartial voters. in any case. my answer is winning :D 

Because it is the correct answer. Of course.

• Like 1

Week 4 – Thursday

Yoga in the AM and I did more bridges/clamshells to make up for last week.

Left work early to see Dad – much better day. Spouse and I made dinner together when I got home, we revamped a hungryroot. It was so delicious. kohlrabi noodles, corn & bean salad, garlic parm sauce, and chicken sausage.

Fitness: 4.5/5 runs, 5/5 weights, 5/5 bridges & clamshells, 30/30 yoga

Sleep: 4/5 midnight cutoff, 7/5 drinking days, current avg 7h37m

• Like 3

On 5/17/2019 at 11:44 AM, CourtnieMarie said:

Left work early to see Dad – much better day. Spouse and I made dinner together when I got home, we revamped a hungryroot. It was so delicious. kohlrabi noodles, corn & bean salad, garlic parm sauce, and chicken sausage.

I have to admit, I was not thrilled when we left Germany and discovered that there is kohlrabi here, too. To me they taste like radishes, but more watery. Unfortunately I think radishes taste like earthy, decaying things. Maybe feet, maybe leaf litter. But my German relatives eat them voluntarily. I'm struggling to imagine how they could be made into noodles, but I assume it improved them. 

17 hours ago, Harriet said:

I have to admit, I was not thrilled when we left Germany and discovered that there is kohlrabi here, too. To me they taste like radishes, but more watery. Unfortunately I think radishes taste like earthy, decaying things. Maybe feet, maybe leaf litter. But my German relatives eat them voluntarily. I'm struggling to imagine how they could be made into noodles, but I assume it improved them. 

haha i've only had them like this - they're just spiralized kohlrabi. i like it! but i also like radishes...

• Like 1