• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Diadhuit

Diadhuit's level up

So... my current life goal is: buying a house and moving in!

I might be signing the contract this challenge (scary!!) and while I won't really track it here, the todo is my luyl challenge goal.

To achieve this

1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments)

2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch)

3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary

Home, here I come!

• Like 7

Yay on the house. good luck getting all of that ready to go. It is scary, but I think you will love it. I am here to cheer you on as I can.

tenor.gif?itemid=12032246

• Like 3

To be honest it's exhausting more than exciting right now.
In Ireland everything seems based on 'ah, it will be grand', included having a list of content, a date on where you have the keys, a crack on the chimney breast.
I am getting really nervous about spending huge money this way, trusting the vendor not to leave crap inside, not to break something just for the sake of it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

To be honest it's exhausting more than exciting right now.
In Ireland everything seems based on 'ah, it will be grand', included having a list of content, a date on where you have the keys, a crack on the chimney breast.
I am getting really nervous about spending huge money this way, trusting the vendor not to leave crap inside, not to break something just for the sake of it.

No for sure. That makes total sense. I’m in the fun phase where you just look at the pretty houses and make plans about all the dinner parties. I am not looking forward to the signing six billion documents and inspections and insurance and HOA phase. . .

• Like 4

D and I bought our house back in 2009 (I can't believe it's been 10 years) and I remember what a rollercoaster it was, emotionally and logistically. Buying something so big and expensive and important felt both exciting and incredibly stressful. And there was a whole world of rules and paperwork and things that we had no experience with. But we survived, as have many other first time homebuyers, and you will too! Just remember that it doesn't have to go smoothly or according to plan in order to work out okay in the end. 

Peace of mind doesn't come from a feeling of security that nothing will go wrong; true peace of mind comes from the confidence that you have the strength and resourcefulness and sense of humour to handle whatever comes your way.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, Severine said:

Peace of mind doesn't come from a feeling of security that nothing will go wrong; true peace of mind comes from the confidence that you have the strength and resourcefulness and sense of humour to handle whatever comes your way.

This is wonderfully said.

The scariest thing for us was putting ourselves on the line for so much money. But its been so worth it and to know it is yours so you can do whatever you want is very freeing. You got this. Just remember to breathe and start thinking of all the things you want to do at your new house

• Like 3

No for sure. That makes total sense. I’m in the fun phase where you just look at the pretty houses and make plans about all the dinner parties. I am not looking forward to the signing six billion documents and inspections and insurance and HOA phase. . .

That's the fun part! Even if that too is not without dread. You really have to figure out who you are... and if you are like me, with millions of interests and hobbies, it's not an easy task either!
Enjoy the pretty houses! I had found none tbh, but I live in a city where average mortgage is 9 times average wage :(
  • Like 2

D and I bought our house back in 2009 (I can't believe it's been 10 years) and I remember what a rollercoaster it was, emotionally and logistically. Buying something so big and expensive and important felt both exciting and incredibly stressful. And there was a whole world of rules and paperwork and things that we had no experience with. But we survived, as have many other first time homebuyers, and you will too! Just remember that it doesn't have to go smoothly or according to plan in order to work out okay in the end. 

Thanks!
I have the confidence, the strenght, the resourcefulness. I lack the humour, but 3 out of 4 is not too bad :)
I really miss having a family or a boyfriend right now to be honest. That's the harshest part and yesterday I called my ex (ups!). I didn't dare say I missed him or needed him right now (phew!) but hearing his voice opened the floodgates of my tears.
It was easier to run decisions through him, to get a different perspective. It was easier to get a lift, and his broken promise to give me a help with moving is like a punch.
Well, next!
  • Like 2

This is wonderfully said.

The scariest thing for us was putting ourselves on the line for so much money. But its been so worth it and to know it is yours so you can do whatever you want is very freeing. You got this. Just remember to breathe and start thinking of all the things you want to do at your new house

so much money! Yep! And knowing the bubble will burst soon.

Breathe in, breathe out.
  • Like 2

15h to signing the contract!!n

Day one: (bank holiday)
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 1/1, I was travelling with friends, counts as a stress buster
2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch) - 1/1 counting the fact that we walked 15km today, and we chose to walk 20m to the bus stop in the morning instead of taking transport
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 0/1 ate quite badly, mindlessly and standing, no diary :sweat_smile:

• Like 3

2/3 isn't bad 

It is not bad, but could be better.

I have not signed up all the papers :(
The solicitors were not aware that I wopld have come, nor had all documents ready...
I also had to go to my gp to collect some documents for the insurance and walk to the bank to deliver them, because in a month it was not done.
Irish happy-go-lucky attitude is not for me. More about it below

Day 2:
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 1/2, had a moment of anger / disappointment / breakdown after seeing the solicitor and shouted to my sister: leave me alone, then expected her to follow me. I am a mess sometimes.
2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch) - 2/2 walked 18km today and even I'm counting the walk froc GP to bank as morning exercise
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 0/2 ...still nope!
  • Like 2

Ok, I am struggling a bit now. Not a bad day, but...

Day 3:
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 1/3
2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch) - 2/3
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 1/3 - partial, but a start!

• Like 2

What do you do for mindfulness? 
I am doing a self compassion course, I use simple habits app, I did this course in the past and still use the meditations https://palousemindfulness.com
I can do unguided bodyscans
Also, I sometimes do this thing called centering prayer, that is emptying your mind to reach your heart. It's difficult to explain, and definitely christian, but I would recommend checking it out as it could be adapted to many religious traditions (it was put together from christian, indu and buddist traditions) https://www.contemplativeoutreach.org/public-file/method-centering-prayer-brochure
  • Like 2

I am finding this quite hard.
Yesterday I had a good day at work, and had a blast in a ballet class, then bumped into two friends and thought it was a great day (beside having forgotten of the challenge)
Then I realised I missed my ex-boyfriend and had a crash. In yoga they say that you 'store' your energy in your body and then you release it and you might cry after a yoga class. I do think that ballet does that to me. It was so painful and also healing.

Thursday - out of 4:
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 1
2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch) - 3
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 1

• Like 2

Friday I was at a conference, left early as I was wrecked, fell asleep and then went out with a friend. Saturday was dance day and I went to 4 classes. I didn't exercise in the morning, but feck if I count it :)

I start noticing what I eat again many times, but I want to keep a better journal.
Today I decided that I'll try to set up a Google form, connected with a reminder.

Friday and Saturday - out of 5:
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 2
2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch) - 5
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 1

• Like 2

Ok, form done. Compiled once and it really helps.
I was having cake, a delicious one! And I noticed that I was not hungry, so I left part of it in the plate O_o that's stunning for me!

Sunday - out of 6:
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 3
2) I will also need a healthy body, so exercise every morning (might be as little as a push up or a stretch) - 5
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 2

• Like 2

The form is a good insight!
Had energy drop in the evening and it's because of lack of proteins! Yet, I had sweets. Space for improvement there..

Monday - out of 7:
1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 4
3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 3

• Like 2

It has been quite crazy busy days.

Tuesday a good friend of mine was in town, Wednesday I had a work event and then a dancing night, Thursday I signed for the mortgage and discovered my life insurance will be doubled compared what expected and also because my solicitor has been slow the vendors might lose the house they are buying, so they won't sell.

This on top of some challenges at work, where I stop trusting my manager because I don't think he helps me doing my best for my career but uses me as a pawn in his wars.

I wanted to binge, and I even prepared for it. But I discovered that after a bit was not interested. Intuitive eating is very slowly helping me!

Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday - out of 10:

1)I need a clear soul, so mindfulness / prayer / any type of meditation every day (as little as asking myself what do I need in difficult moments) - 4

3) I will need a sharp mind, and we all know how important nutrition is for this. I want to pay attention at what I eat with IE diary - 5

• Like 1

What a roller coaster! I hope everything goes through properly with the house and and your insurance settles down and your situation with your manager works out. :/ But on the other hand, huge CONGRATULATIONS on the intuitive eating win!!! Not binging when you expect to is such a fantastic feeling, you totally deserve it. Looks like your challenge goals are coming along as well. Keep at it!!

It really has been a rollercoaster! And thanks!! Celebrating small wins is good!

Next challenge I will have a 'if you crave sweets check your thirst' goal as I'm afraid I'm not drinking enough

• Like 2