• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Ye Ranger Guilde Halle in the North [General Chat]

675500_81_67711_SBCZox4B3.jpg

We've consulted our savants over at marketing and after a brief yet highly exciting quest to obtain the necessary materials, they have cast the Ritual of Relevance around our Guild Hall. As a result, its appearance shall shift with every challenge to match whatever is trending at the time and make sure everyone feels like they're hanging out where the cool kids are. And by cool, I really do mean wonderfully weird.

As you can see, the Ritual has transformed our Guild Hall to something Game of Thrones themed, since the popular TV show recently started it's final season. I know some of you will bring up the new Star Wars episode, but it's just the trailer that dropped and the full movie isn't coming out until the end of the year, so we got time for that in a future challenge. Unfortunately, we're still dealing with the aftereffects of a torn time/space continuum, caused by the now-infamous hat incident, which explains why we got a slightly older version of the place with Petyr "Littlefinger" Baelish still leaning against that wall on the left.

Come on in, first round's on the Chaplain as always.

• Like 7

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

everyone feels like they're hanging out where the cool kids are.

But I thought we were the cool kids, so wherever we are, that is by definition where the cool kids are.

I'll hold my tankard high and toast, "To Rangers old and new. To Rangers departed and to the Rangers yet to come!"

• Like 8

The North Remembers... where the Fresca is.

(second fridge to the right. No, your other right. That's it. One shelf up... there you go.)

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

infamous hat incident

... you poke one tiny hole in the fabric of reality, and everyone makes a fuss!

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

divide-by-zero5.jpg

I was just reading yesterday about how some of the Pythagoreans thought that if you contemplated irrational numbers you would go insane and possibly summon a demon.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I was just reading yesterday about how some of the Pythagoreans thought that if you contemplated irrational numbers you would go insane and possibly summon a demon.

Apparently Ptyhagorus had quite the cult going.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Amd worse, a demon who’s kink is algebra. Imagine getting rid of THAT thing. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

22 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Damn right!

JrfONM0oTHGhzRvBdHwX_RPA-PromoTile-Deskt

What in the name of Bacchus?

Ok, I actually quite want to try this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Jarric said:

What in the name of Bacchus?

Ok, I actually quite want to try this.

Gotta come to Texas. The US beer scene has been crapped on in Europe for years. I can't say I blame you, like Australia sending us Fosters or The Netherlands sending us Heinekin, we only sent you our crappiest stuff. Our craft beer scene is unparalleled in the world. The very thing that makes Europe's traditional beers stellar, their strict quality control laws, are precisely what holds it back. We are allowed to experiment and do all kinds of crazy stuff, and as a result get some incredibly innovative and tasty concoctions.

• Like 4

A cold winds blows through the Guild Hall as the door opens. NictheRugger walks in, wrapped in a fur cloak worthy of someone living near the Great Wall. She's weary after her last guild assignment, having hit some big setbacks, but is ready to jump back in and overcome those roadblocks she hit after some much-needed recovery time with her fellow rangers. Dropping her trusty ruck at a small booth, she walks up to the bar.

"Mead, please, my friend. And perhaps some pot pie if you have it?" Tipping the barkeep in thanks, she takes her food and drink and walks back to her booth. After putting everything down, she grabs a small leather book and an Ever-Full (TM) quill from her ruck, placing them next to her.  After a pause, Nic picks the quill back up and traces an anti-reality-warp rune on the strap of the ruck, to prevent her favorite travel equipment from unwanted side-effects of unplanned hat-induced reality warping. She had forgotten to do this last time, and her ruck had been transformed from its usual shape to a saddlebag, barely large enough to hold a change of clothes, let alone the small library and armory she carries with her. Nodding in satisfaction at her work, she puts the quill down, and then slides into the booth. The notebook, her trusty planner, remains open as she eats and reviews her goals and schedule for the next four weeks. After eating, she grabs a book from the ruck, and settles in, taking time to enjoy the book. Looking at the traditional ranger bar fight, she smiles before settling in with the book. She needs some time to rest, but she'll join in soon enough.

I'm excited for another challenge! Hit some setbacks last round, but the ranger community has been great at cheering me back up and encouraging me to keep pushing forward.

4 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Gotta come to Texas. The US beer scene has been crapped on in Europe for years. I can't say I blame you, like Australia sending us Fosters or The Netherlands sending us Heinekin, we only sent you our crappiest stuff. Our craft beer scene is unparalleled in the world. The very thing that makes Europe's traditional beers stellar, their strict quality control laws, are precisely what holds it back. We are allowed to experiment and do all kinds of crazy stuff, and as a result get some incredibly innovative and tasty concoctions.

I have to say, as much as I'm not a beer drinker, I'm always so impressed with how creative craft beers can get in the U.S. I went to a Renn faire one year, and had one of the best beers I've ever tasted. It was a fruit beer that had so much fruit flavor, I couldn't even taste the beer!

• Like 5

I will be sitting in this dark corner (we all know there innumerable more) sipping various colourful cocktails for the duration of this challenge. By Theon's dearly departed penis, it will be a good one. 

Image result for cocktails gif

• Like 3

<rant>

I come from the Pacific Northwest where craft beer has been around long enough to have matured. I feel like other places (I am in the SF Bay Area now) have discovered hops and so they try to do ALL THE HOPS ALL THE TIME! LOOK AT THE HOPS! FEEL THE HOPS!!!! And this is after they played so long with the different malt types and got (finally) sick of those. My hope is that they will mature (as the PNW did) and learn to use hops carefully. 

I feel like around here all the brewers are like a kid that discovered and were so moved by Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting and are trying to use every shade of yellow, gold and orange crayon they can find in every drawing they do. Most paintings with those colors will look terrible, and most beers that focus that much on hops won't be good... but too many people equate stupid hopping with good beer. Good hopping makes good beer.</rant>

OK, I feel better now.

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The US beer scene is too damn hoppy, but some brewers are starting to come around to the idea of taste instead bitterness.

10 minutes ago, GoodDoug said:

<rant>

I come from the Pacific Northwest where craft beer has been around long enough to have matured. I feel like other places (I am in the SF Bay Area now) have discovered hops and so they try to do ALL THE HOPS ALL THE TIME! LOOK AT THE HOPS! FEEL THE HOPS!!!! And this is after they played so long with the different malt types and got (finally) sick of those. My hope is that they will mature (as the PNW did) and learn to use hops carefully. 

I feel like around here all the brewers are like a kid that discovered and were so moved by Van Gogh's Sunflowers painting and are trying to use every shade of yellow, gold and orange crayon they can find in every drawing they do. Most paintings with those colors will look terrible, and most beers that focus that much on hops won't be good... but too many people equate stupid hopping with good beer. Good hopping makes good beer.</rant>

OK, I feel better now.

Personally, I don't have the time or inclination to educate myself about the difference between good beer and bad beer.  I much prefer straight vodka.  It's simple and direct, nothing to think about and it all tastes pretty much the same.  Fire Water Burn.  Mission accomplished.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Personally, I don't have the time or inclination to educate myself about the difference between good beer and bad beer.  I much prefer straight vodka.  It's simple and direct, nothing to think about and it all tastes pretty much the same.  Fire Water Burn.  Mission accomplished.

I admire the efficiency.
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

I feel like you and I are going to be good friends, Cheetah. 

Image result for Polish vodka

I was going to make a joke but I think I’ve used it before and I hate recycling material

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I admire the efficiency. 

I'm a high-speed low-drag kinda cat.

15 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I was going to make a joke but I think I’ve used it before and I hate recycling material

Well, I don't remember it and now I'm all curious!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

ad072f01cace4a9c89560462ff99c13d.jpg

My mother makes 1870s to 1910s replica hats. That image is unfortunately a true representative. (One of hers has a stuffed gopher on the brim. Next fancy hat battle I'm totally throwing it in the ring.)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thom heads to the bar, grabs his meal and his drink. Sits at a table and waits to see who will join him.

Glad to rest after the close call with the Wawi.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 3