• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DarK_RaideR

Ye Ranger Guilde Halle in the North [General Chat]

21 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

One of hers has a stuffed gopher on the brim

I knew my summer wardrobe was missing something!

• Like 3

Thom heads to the bar, grabs his meal and his drink. Sits at a table and waits to see who will join him.

Glad to rest after the close call with the Wawi.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Morag comes through the door, hangs her flowing black cloak on the peg on the wall. Slips off her warm, beautifully warm boots, with a small gesture magicks her slippers back onto her feet where they belong. She walks through the room with a proud curve to her back greeting those wonderful people with real warmth in her face. She walks up to the bar, pulls her offering/gift to the host out of a bag too small, what gift she gives the man is between him and her. She grabs her own pint of sweet mead and delicious plate of food as the inkeeper places them before her and ventures over to Thom to have a sit and a meal and a chat wonder who besides the two of them will show up this fine day.

She waves a red-wooded wand and a draft from the fireplace hits just so, and the warmth of the fireplace hits her feet just right. And for the first time these last few days she is finally, thankfully, blessedly warm from the toes up.

After a quiet chomping down on delicious meats and cheeses and freshly baked bread with olive oil and a Pile of delicious (grilled) veggies she sighs contentedly and a quiet conversation starts up. How are you, how is life, look what I found, what that is - spell ingredients - of course, no I know, full moon was beautiful yesterday, yes I went, have been readying potions ingredients, just waiting for the plants to be ready to be harvested, how's your rune studies coming along, what is new?
Good to see you, dear friend!

send from my new phone, bear with me.

• Like 5

Morag comes through the door, hangs her flowing black cloak on the peg on the wall. Slips off her warm, beautifully warm boots, with a small gesture magicks her slippers back onto her feet where they belong. She walks through the room with a proud curve to her back greeting those wonderful people with real warmth in her face. She walks up to the bar, pulls her offering/gift to the host out of a bag too small, what gift she gives the man is between him and her. She grabs her own pint of sweet mead and delicious plate of food as the inkeeper places them before her and ventures over to Thom to have a sit and a meal and a chat wonder who besides the two of them will show up this fine day.

She waves a red-wooded wand and a draft from the fireplace hits just so, and the warmth of the fireplace hits her feet just right. And for the first time these last few days she is finally, thankfully, blessedly warm from the toes up.

After a quiet chomping down on delicious meats and cheeses and freshly baked bread with olive oil and a Pile of delicious (grilled) veggies she sighs contentedly and a quiet conversation starts up. How are you, how is life, look what I found, what that is - spell ingredients - of course, no I know, full moon was beautiful yesterday, yes I went, have been readying potions ingredients, just waiting for the plants to be ready to be harvested, how's your rune studies coming along, what is new?
Good to see you, dear friend!

send from my new phone, bear with me.

Glad for the company of the wonderful Morag, Thom gratefully eats his meal. Then responds to his friends questions. Aye things are going well, studies have shifted focus to learning the power of words, kids are growing, describes encounter with the Wawi, a water spirit in the lands of the Wiradjuri.
Thom sees the contentment spread throughout his friend's body and smiles quietly.

• Like 2

RES slips in late, orders her usual Irish coffee (heavy on the coffee this time, need something to keep me awake) and spots her friend Thom at a table with Morag. Hoping she's not interrupting she moves to join them. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

*tips the barman to slip some tequila into RES' coffee*

"Sssshhh... she'll need it"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, RES said:

Ohmygosh, I love this song!!!  Or at least I love the line dance that goes along to it. :D 

• Haha 1

I'll never be ok with that "country twang" thing they do with their voices. It's even worse when it comes from a good-looking young guy with a creepy smile and suggestive eyebrow raising while he sings about what he sings there... :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I'll never be ok with that "country twang" thing they do with their voices. It's even worse when it comes from a good-looking young guy with a creepy smile and suggestive eyebrow raising while he sings about what he sings there... :D

Yeah, got to admit the video slightly lessens my enjoyment of that song :unsure:

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Twang is a natural thing, mine even comes out every once in a while. The video in question does seem to indicate he's laying the twang on thick. Among accents in the US, Southern accents have a drawl, whereas Texas accents tend to have twang. One of my complaints about contemporary country music is that it is formulaic, pandering and inauthentic, inspired by focus groups and directed by corporate boardrooms.

Here's an example of natural twang. It's a music video from the movie "Real Country." George Straight is considered the current King of Country Music. Interestingly, the character he plays in the movie is someone who dropped into that fake-country formula to sell records and went back to his roots. Notice the difference in clothes he wears compared to the guy in the tequila video. George is an actual cowboy, who owns an actual ranch that raises cattle. 

In more recent years he bought or got an interest in a tequila company. This is how he does a music video about Tequila (and it's from this year)

I don't even care that it's basically a commercial for his tequila. It's just a good song. Notice how his shirt is still tucked in, he's still wearing boots and jeans, and a cowboy hat. Notice also the women in the video. They are all dressed, and not sexualized. They are having as much fun as the men, and depicted on equal terms. You even have shots with just women in them, and they are from the shoulders up. This is how country music can be done today and still be authentic, and not need to objectify people.

• Like 3

Thick accents, raising livestock, equal treatment of women...

*goes back to first post in this thread*

Yeah, we're still on topic.

• Like 3

RES slips in late, orders her usual Irish coffee (heavy on the coffee this time, need something to keep me awake) and spots her friend Thom at a table with Morag. Hoping she's not interrupting she moves to join them. 
"Ah, another good friend to drink with. Let me tell you of the Wawi, a shape shifting water spirit."

• Like 2

In more recent years he bought or got an interest in a tequila company. This is how he does a music video about Tequila (and it's from this year)

I don't even care that it's basically a commercial for his tequila. It's just a good song. 

Ha!  We just learned a line dance for this song on Tuesday night! :D  Apparently it’s The Dance sweeping the country, lol!

• Like 2

I read the book Fat Loss Happens on Monday ,by Josh Hillis and really enjoyed it. He's coming out with a new book, and so he's doing the podcast tour. I really enjoyed these podcasts. He talks about how to handle emotional eating in a different way than I've heard before, and I found it super helpful.

https://www.balance365life.com/episode62/?fbclid=IwAR3k7xhud6k_wE9-gawffLH16cWeITiDthaULNuxiAreNnLYpMFSw56GEPk

https://www.rdellatraining.com/josh-hillis-the-truth-about-fat-loss?fbclid=IwAR0nPNXeAy2-Yq3Vl7wX_gzY_9KKYUsuDMICwKjGvcayK9oPI8rWdMT01UA

• Like 2

On 4/26/2019 at 6:13 AM, Thom Stépan said:

I mean the name of the company is Ranger Up!!

Although for a distinctly different reason.

The best though "slow is smooth. Smooth is fast"

• Like 1

Question about the forum...I read it on Firefox on a PC (not sure if that matters, but not tapatalk).

Threads that I've read before show a "star" to the left of the title. In the past, when I've clicked on the star, it brings me to the last post I read (where I ended last time I visited the thread). Now it seems to drop me off at the end, no matter what. I keep missing interesting things, and I have to scroll back through pages trying to figure out where I left off.

Has anyone else noticed a difference?

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm not noticing anything different on Chrome.

Same here.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:
18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm not noticing anything different on Chrome.

Same here.

Same here, also using Chrome

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 7:19 PM, Xena said:

Has anyone else noticed a difference?

I'm using Safari and I see what you are seeing. It is very annoying.

• Like 1

On 5/11/2019 at 10:19 PM, Xena said:

anyone else

I just tried it on my Firefox and it worked.

btw,

I HAD NO IDEA THE STARS COULD DO THAT!!!!!!  This will make my foruming so much more efficient!  Thank you!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1