• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

In this wild and stressful life, I have a tendency to just drop everything and do nothing. This is not working for me, so I need a routine to make sure I at least stay somewhat active during these periods. I'm recovering from a burnout, so I only work 3 morning a week at the moment. Hopefully this will be more by the end of the challenge, but I genuinely don't know yet. I want to put in place the following routines:

Working day routine: after work, make sure to do yoga and either a short walk or bike ride.

Non-working weekday routine: walk at least 5 kilometers, starting before 9. Do chores for at least 10 minutes.

Morning routine: get dressed, make the bed, eat breakfast, empty dishwasher if applicable.

Evening routine: clear kitchen counters, brush teeth and stretch calves.

I will test this morning- and evening-routine this week. I'm not in the habit of having these routines, so I might need to do some fiddling later on. Hopefully, I can add on to them in next challenges ;).

Exercise goal: Either climb or run on either Wednesday or Thursday, and either Saturday or Sunday.

Let's see if I can conquer my yoga-mat again:

OiUs1cy.jpg?1

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Having a tidy kitchen feels so good :). I baked mini apple pies to today because, you know, apple pie tastes nice and I did not have to clear out the kitchen first. The pies are not perfect, but still very tasty. 

Xc6FXaD.jpg?2

Yesterday's evening routine and this morning's routine went well, so I'll keep them like that for now. I also did my walking (to the grocery store to get apples) and chores. The weather is good for running as well, so I don't expect any problems there either ;).

• Like 5

Mentally I'm really having ups and downs, but there's also lots of good stuff going on:

• The morning- and evening-routine are still working out after 2 days :).
  • Yesterday's run was not great, and I felt lethargic during it, but I did complete my Zombies, run! week 3 day 3 workout. 
  • Classical running-music is a success. "Rhythm on Rails" by Charles Williams was my favourite here, but most other songs also worked well.
  • I caught a lot of Pokemon during this morning's walk.
  • I'm wondering if I could make a running-playlist with only Gershwin songs?

• Like 5

I also use my walks to catch pokemon ;)  Good job getting that run done. I have times were I feel that way too when I run.

• Like 3

On 4/19/2019 at 10:19 AM, Waanie said:

I'm wondering if I could make a running-playlist with only Gershwin songs?

Yes you can! :D

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:47 PM, Tateman said:

I also use my walks to catch pokemon ;)  Good job getting that run done. I have times were I feel that way too when I run.

Cool to hear I'm not alone! Some people walk their dog, I walk my pokemon.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR2lYmepLOahXvSjNayDGx

On 4/20/2019 at 4:08 AM, theophilus said:

I really like your goals! Getting morning and evening routines in place is such a good approach. 

What do you do for climbing?

Thanks :). Especially my evening tends to be very laid back, but last week I experienced how much better your day starts with a tidy kitchen ;).

Usually I climb (indoor) toprope with a friend, and if things go well I might start leading again soon. I have not climbed a lot during the past couple of months, so my strength and endurance are limited at the moment. Last Saturday I was climbing well though, I even managed a roof-route where I always have to cut feet because of my shortness. Sometimes I do boulder for a bit when I'm on my own and there's no regulars I know.

On 4/20/2019 at 1:18 PM, 18ck said:

Definitely approve of your attitude to running music. 

Any fast enough music can be running music ^^. I also had a symphonic metal-phase, and a progrock-phase. No reason to keep it to "traditional" running music.

On 4/20/2019 at 6:56 PM, zenLara said:

Yes you can! :D

Gershwin is so cool :D. I will see if I can find enough of his works that are high-tempo. Running on something slow like "Summertime" just feels weird.

Today was a weird day to start the challenge; since the second day of Easter is an official holiday over here, I could not really do my non-working weekday routine, while it is also not really a holiday.

• I got dressed and made my bed first thing in the morning
  • Ate a banana as pre-breakfast and unpacked the dishwasher
  • Made a luxury breakfast with my boyfriend: eggs benedict with asparagus (which are now in season)
  • Went for a short walk to finish a Pokemon Go-raid
  • Took some down-time, before going for a longer walk with my boyfriend
  • At the end of the morning, spend 20 minutes with the vacuum cleaner.

So while I did not start my 5km walk before 9AM, I still count this day as a win.

Working day routine: 0/0

Non-working weekday routine: 0.5/0.5

Morning routine: 1/1

Evening routine: 0/0

Heavy exercise: 0/0

• Like 7

On 4/22/2019 at 10:56 AM, Waanie said:

Any fast enough music can be running music ^^. I also had a symphonic metal-phase, and a progrock-phase. No reason to keep it to "traditional" running music.

I had this as my warm up music for a while. 

The importance of running music is not to be underestimated

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

I had this as my warm up music for a while. 

The importance of running music is not to be underestimated

Video not available in my country :(. But yeah, it is important to have running music you actually enjoy :). I love Doctor Who, but had never though about running on its music.

Week 1 update:

• Monday evening: did my evening routine. We now try to clear away the dishes immediately after dinner now, which makes the evening clean-up even easier.
  • Tuesday was a working day. In the morning I got dressed, made the bed and unpacked the dishwasher while my oatmeal was in the microwave. I took a bike-commute, and after work I did yoga before hanging around on the internet. I even did a 4km walk in the afternoon.
  • I finally played some clarinet again. I have to choose a piece to play for my next lesson myself, and in my current state making any choice is too energy-consuming. This made me avoid playing clarinet instead of just playing pieces for the orchestra.
  • Did my evening routine in the evening, with some added calve raises to combat the restless legs.
  • Wednesday morning, I did the same morning-routine as on Tuesday, and are now procrastinating for walking.

Working day routine: 1/1

Non-working weekday routine: 0.5/0.5

Morning routine: 3/3

Evening routine: 2/2

Heavy exercise: 0/0

• Like 4

Wow that is some spicy running music!  

Love your goals :) I too am working on routine/habit building and I hope to PokemonGo more! :) Wanna exchange trainerIDs? :O 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Waanie said:

Video not available in my country :(. But yeah, it is important to have running music you actually enjoy :). I love Doctor Who, but had never though about running on its music.

Boo! It's "I am the Doctor." SOOO good!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Rookie said:

Wow that is some spicy running music!  

Love your goals :) I too am working on routine/habit building and I hope to PokemonGo more! :) Wanna exchange trainerIDs? :O 

Thanks! I sent you a message with my trainer ID, hope to see you for the daily gifts ;). I think it is a good excuse to spend time outside, which is said to be healthy ^^.

15 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Boo! It's "I am the Doctor." SOOO good!

That song is so awesome! I found it a youtube clip that is available here, and I absolutely love the music. Both the instrumentation and the speed make it very nice for running as well.

Week 1 update:

• Wednesday I spent mostly in panic attacks. There's some complex social interactions coming up today and tomorrow, and the people who could make it easier, are only making it harder. Fortunately my counsellor could fit me in yesterday, and afterwards I felt better.
  • I walked in the morning after bringing my bike to the repair-shop, and I think that in total I did get around 10 minutes of chores in.
  • I did some yoga to try to calm down, which I managed for the duration of the yoga, but not afterwards.
  • Evening routine went fine, just like this morning's routine.
  • I already got my 5.4 km walk in, on top of walking 1km to the bike shop to get my bike back.
  • My eating has been terrible, except for dinner. I think this is heavily related to the panic attacks, so I will let it go for now. All my drinks are still water and (hot) tea, so that is good.
  • I started wearing my Mi band again, and I'm getting around 7-9k steps in per day, the majority of those before 10AM

Working day routine: 1/1

Non-working weekday routine: 1.5/1.5

Morning routine: 4/4

Evening routine: 3/3

Heavy exercise: 0/1

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

aww panic attacks :( Good your counselor was about to fit you in.

If you need more Pokemon Go friends, you can add me if you want. I may just play 4 accounts :ph34r:

• Like 1

On 4/25/2019 at 8:41 PM, Tateman said:

aww panic attacks :( Good your counselor was about to fit you in.

If you need more Pokemon Go friends, you can add me if you want. I may just play 4 accounts :ph34r:

I sent you a PM :). More Pokemon Go friends are always welcome, as I never manage to send my 10 gifts per day... Just out of curiosity, why are you playing on 4 accounts?

Week 1 update:

• Thursday ended up better than hoped: I did yoga and went for a run, so by the time I went to work I was too tired for panic attacks.
  • I ended the day with 16.5k steps.
  • My boyfriend is amazing, and cleaned the kitchen after dinner both yesterday and today.
  • Now I'm still totally exhausted from the past few weeks.

Working day routine: 3/3

Morning routine: 5/5

Evening routine: 4/4

Heavy exercise: 1/1

• Like 4

Well, day 1 I started off with my Pokemon Go trainer account. The Login service was horrible, so day 2 I created and account linked to google login. That is my main account. Awhile back, I kind of wondered how my old account was and logged into to check it out. Eventually I was play both accounts. I upgraded my phone and thought :hey wouldn't it be crazy if I used my old device for another account" So, I did . More recently, my wife had upgraded too, so I had another device to play with. It was towards the end of the Beldum community day and I created the 4th account. The only friends it has are my other accounts ;) They have allowed me to do stuff that I otherwise wouldn't really do. I Participate in bigger raids with people, but not that often. Plus when I do get other family members to help out, some times we can take on the legendary raids. I have one mystic account, and the others are Valor. It's fun to be able to see shadow pokemon on the newer account, and work to get them too.

16.5k steps, nice!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 10:06 PM, Tateman said:

Well, day 1 I started off with my Pokemon Go trainer account. The Login service was horrible, so day 2 I created and account linked to google login. That is my main account. Awhile back, I kind of wondered how my old account was and logged into to check it out. Eventually I was play both accounts. I upgraded my phone and thought :hey wouldn't it be crazy if I used my old device for another account" So, I did . More recently, my wife had upgraded too, so I had another device to play with. It was towards the end of the Beldum community day and I created the 4th account. The only friends it has are my other accounts ;) They have allowed me to do stuff that I otherwise wouldn't really do. I Participate in bigger raids with people, but not that often. Plus when I do get other family members to help out, some times we can take on the legendary raids. I have one mystic account, and the others are Valor. It's fun to be able to see shadow pokemon on the newer account, and work to get them too.

16.5k steps, nice!

Wow, I'm jealous of you having so many devices that can run PoGo. I actually upgraded my phone at Black Friday in order to play it, my old phone was too unhappy with it to run smoothly. To be fair, my old phone was also not running Google Maps smoothly anymore, so a new phone was due anyway. I accepted all your friendship requests, it's impressive that all your accounts are above level 30!

Week 1 update:

• I'm still very tired all the time
  • Friday's yoga was doing the splits, which went much better than I expected. I'm not that far off the ground, even though I did not train for them specifically. This might be fun for a later challenge, but at the moment I don't have the energy to commit to extra goals.
  • House is getting cleaner slowly but surely.
  • Like 2

Week 1 report:

Working day routine: 3/3

Morning routine: 7/7

Evening routine: 7/7

Heavy exercise: 2/2

Score: 100%!

During some of the days, the morning- and evening routines were tough, since they are totally not in my system yet. I'm glad I started small, and that I have the accountability of this forum to make it happen. My boyfriend now also helps more with tidying the kitchen immediately after dinner, which makes it even easier. Climbing on Sunday was a lot of fun, where I first went bouldering (because there were no groups I felt confident asking to join), and later also toprope. I noticed a huge difference in technique from bouldering to toprope, and unfortunately I was stuck in bouldering-mode for the first few routes toprope. Then my footwork started to improve again, but unfortunately my shoulders were too tired already to climb hard routes. Oh well, at least I had a lot of fun, and my shoulders and legs are still sore two days later. Did I ever mention I need to climb more often? I feel like I also should run more often than once a week, but I just can't find the energy right now, and the Zombies Run program is very forgiving in the beginning, so I guess that once a week is better than none?

• Like 5

By the way, during my bouldering on Sunday, I managed to do a dyno to a one-armed hang, followed by getting my feet on the wall again from said one-arm hang :).

pTqKnRpgc.gif

• Like 6