• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

12 hours ago, Tateman said:

I'd say one run is better then none :)  Sounds like you had lots of fun with your climb. 

Thanks, I think I agree here, especially as long as my running times are 2 minutes at most (which I should be able to do without training). 

9 hours ago, zenLara said:

Good unintentional strategy :D

Actually, it was intentional... If I try to do it too often, everything gets worse, but if I over-exercise once in a while, it works like a charm.

Week 2 update:

• Slowly but surely, I can start doing things again, instead of sitting on the couch all day.
  • Since I commuted by bike on Monday and Tuesday, I got a lot of light and moderate exercise in (more than 2 hours per day)
  • I went climbing on Tuesday. It did not go well, but at least I tried. My climbing partner is on holiday, so I'm lucky that the climbing centre is such a close community that I can just ask anyone else to join their group.
  • After I came back from climbing, I was too tired to do my evening routine. No perfect score for me this week, but I think the climbing was worth it.

Working day routine: 2/2

Non-working weekday routine: 0/0

Morning routine: 3/3

Evening routine: 1/2

Heavy exercise: 0/0, +1 climbing

• Like 7

11 hours ago, Countess D'If said:

Climbing sounds fun! I’d love to try it some time 

I love it! You should try it sometime if you have the opportunity :). I see it as a combination of a puzzle and a physical activity, and on top of that there is also a nice community, so I'm really glad I found it.

5 hours ago, zenLara said:

How are things going? 

Not very well, unfortunately. I guess I tried to do too much last week, and fell off the wagon on Friday. I'm trying to get back to it, but I'm just so exhausted all the time...

Week 2 report

The week started well, with a lot of walking and biking, and even some unplanned climbing on Tuesday evening. On Thursday I already felt very restless, but still managed to get my run in (I did a 5 minute continuous run on the free-form run!). However, on Friday and during the weekend I was super-exhausted. I had to play with the orchestra on Friday and Saturday evening, of which Saturday evening was outside and VERY cold and windy. My parents came over on Sunday, so I also could not go for a climb then. All in all, I understand why I was so tired and therefore could not do my routine, but it is still frustrating.

Working day routine: 2/3

Non-working weekday routine: 2/2

Morning routine: 5/7

Evening routine: 3/7

Heavy exercise: 1/2, +1 climbing

Week 3 update

Monday I was still too exhausted to do anything, but at least I managed to unpack the dishwasher in the morning and do the other morning-stuff. I read 7 books in 4 days at this point, but I still could not do anything else. Today is going slightly better, and I went for a walk already, and rolled out the yoga mat just before typing this. Hopefully I'll regain my energy before the end of the week again.

Working day routine: 0/2

Non-working weekday routine: 0/0

Morning routine: 2/2

Evening routine: 0/1

Heavy exercise: 0/0

• Like 5

Good luck getting your energy back! Its so hard when you are recouping. You sound like you had a crazy week before that. Are you maybe fighting off a cold from the cold and windy orchestra playing?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Rookie said:

Good luck getting your energy back! Its so hard when you are recouping. You sound like you had a crazy week before that. Are you maybe fighting off a cold from the cold and windy orchestra playing?

Thanks! Fortunately I don't get a cold very easily, and this time I was also lucky. I was just too enthousiastic about being able to do things, while forgetting "being able" can have a wide variety of meanings.

My job is still a big energy-sink as well, although I'm glad to see my collegues regularly again. It is frustrating and everyone is incompetent and blaaargh.

Today's yoga did actually happen, and I just started a jigsaw to break the reading-streak :).

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Waanie said:

Thanks! Fortunately I don't get a cold very easily, and this time I was also lucky. I was just too enthousiastic about being able to do things, while forgetting "being able" can have a wide variety of meanings.

My job is still a big energy-sink as well, although I'm glad to see my collegues regularly again. It is frustrating and everyone is incompetent and blaaargh.

Today's yoga did actually happen, and I just started a jigsaw to break the reading-streak :).

Yah I get that lol Somethings I am like "Oh yah I can totally do that!" but I usually forget about the repercussions and pacing myself part. BUT maybe next time you forget and go to do all the things you will have slightly more energy or a faster recovery time? 

Ohhhhhhhh lol incompetency hissssss I feel thats a mixed message lol you missed your coworkers but they are incompetent :P

Sounds good to me! :) I miss doing puzzles. We have a puzzle table at work but I haven't had time to work on it and quite frankly I am stumped on the current puzzle and no one helps me lol. Maybe I will start doing them on my lunchs again. I find them a good distraction. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Waanie said:

I guess I tried to do too much last week, and fell off the wagon on Friday.

This happens to me sometimes. We're on a good streak and notice too late we needed to slow down.

Anyway, there is always a brand new day to start over and recover. Good luck this week!

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 8:24 PM, Rookie said:

Yah I get that lol Somethings I am like "Oh yah I can totally do that!" but I usually forget about the repercussions and pacing myself part. BUT maybe next time you forget and go to do all the things you will have slightly more energy or a faster recovery time? 

Ohhhhhhhh lol incompetency hissssss I feel thats a mixed message lol you missed your coworkers but they are incompetent :P

Sounds good to me! :) I miss doing puzzles. We have a puzzle table at work but I haven't had time to work on it and quite frankly I am stumped on the current puzzle and no one helps me lol. Maybe I will start doing them on my lunchs again. I find them a good distraction. 

My recovery time is improving, as well as the high points in my energy. I have to be careful to not do ALL the things again this weekend ;). I do easy jigsaw puzzles, currently working on this, with 1000 pieces:

0-artwork-bbq-feest-56544d4d.jpg

It's funny and relaxing, in the same way as meditation is relaxing: it does not take me entirely away from my thoughts, but it gives something to do and being mindful at the same time.

On 5/7/2019 at 9:40 PM, Tateman said:

Hopefully, you can get some energy back! One day at a time, right? :)

Yeah, one day at the time. And every day, scrap things that I wanted to do and relax some more instead.

23 hours ago, zenLara said:

This happens to me sometimes. We're on a good streak and notice too late we needed to slow down.

Anyway, there is always a brand new day to start over and recover. Good luck this week!

Thanks! It's always frustrating to have to slow down, but it is better in the long run!

Week 3 update:

Yesterday was okay. I walked in the morning and played some Pokemon Go in the afternoon with a friend (double XP week). I had to bike back in the rain, which is always annoying. Still, 10km of walking and 11km biking is not bad exercise-wise. I also cleaned the bedroom, which gets dusty very quickly.

Working day routine: 01

Non-working weekday routine: 1/2

Morning routine: 4/4

Evening routine: 2/3

Heavy exercise: 0/1

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Waanie said:

I do easy jigsaw puzzles, currently working on this, with 1000 pieces:

I loved jigsaws when I was a kid, but I have never tried again, because of the lack of space. Do you have a table just for them?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zenLara said:

I loved jigsaws when I was a kid, but I have never tried again, because of the lack of space. Do you have a table just for them?

I could do that, but usually I use a roll-up mat to keep it safe from the cats when I want a break. I could also use the table of the board-game room and close the door when I want a break, but that would be bothersome for the cats, as they like to sleep  on that table at night. Lastly, I could use the floor of the sports/music room, but then I wouldn't be able to do yoga anymore. All in all it is easiest to just use the roll. 

And yes, a 4-bedroom house is very large for just 2 people, and somehow we use all of it nowadays ;).

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Waanie said:

a 4-bedroom house

That's great!

49 minutes ago, Waanie said:

I use a roll-up mat

I just looked that up. I didn't know there existed specifically for jigsaws :o Now I'll have to think about it...

47 minutes ago, Waanie said:

they like to sleep  on that table at night

I'm sure they have nice cosy beds, but, of course, cats :D

• Like 1

I would try to remind you to take it easy this weekend then... but I will probably forget haha 

(I really hope you don't find this offensive.. it made me laugh way too hard not to share)

Image result for take it easy gif

That puzzle looks so fun! I thought at first it was a wheres waldo lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, zenLara said:

I'm sure they have nice cosy beds, but, of course, cats :D

After some time, we first left pillows, and then an actual cat-bed on that table. It's one of four favourite sleeping places now...

13 hours ago, Rookie said:

I would try to remind you to take it easy this weekend then... but I will probably forget haha 

(I really hope you don't find this offensive.. it made me laugh way too hard not to share)

That puzzle looks so fun! I thought at first it was a wheres waldo lol 

Taking it slow during the weekend will be hard, since we decided that we want to tame the garden (and mostly the ivy). I don't like gardening, but the ivy has become too big again now that spring has arrived.

Week 3 update:

I can still run 5 minutes at a time, it was not a one-time thing last week :D. During the first free-form run of yesterday's zombie-chasing, I ran the entire time. I also ran continuously between the 7.5 and 12 minute mark of the last free-form run, and then I wanted to start cooling down. It's nice to see that I'm still making progress even though I run only once a week :).

Working day routine: 1/1

Non-working weekday routine: 1/2

Morning routine: 5/5

Evening routine: 3/4

Intense exercise: 1/1

• Like 7

Well there is slow gardening then there is speed gardening lol. Do slow gardening. I seriously hate Ivy and ivy related plants... we have some sort of ivy weed thing that takes over our front yard and our backyard and no matter how much I pull it... its just a losing battle and it strangles literally all my plants :/ Tempted to just kill it all and start new next year. BUT knowing my luck everything would die but the weed.

• Like 2

On 5/7/2019 at 7:28 AM, Waanie said:

I had to play with the orchestra on Friday and Saturday evening, of which Saturday evening was outside and VERY cold and windy.

What do you play? I play the violin, but not on a level where I could play with an orchestra...

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Whisper said:

What do you play? I play the violin, but not on a level where I could play with an orchestra...

I play clarinet. I'm not very good at all, but fortunately there is a wind orchestra close by which is more about enjoying making music together than about high-level music making. I don't know how it is for violin, but for clarinet you can usually find something when you play for at least two years (although that is mostly kids), and sometimes for new beginners as well. This is in The Netherlands, it might be different for different countries as well.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 2:51 PM, Rookie said:

Well there is slow gardening then there is speed gardening lol. Do slow gardening. I seriously hate Ivy and ivy related plants... we have some sort of ivy weed thing that takes over our front yard and our backyard and no matter how much I pull it... its just a losing battle and it strangles literally all my plants :/ Tempted to just kill it all and start new next year. BUT knowing my luck everything would die but the weed.

When we bought this house two and a half years ago, the garden was already very nicely planned, and it turns out that all the plants in our front-garden are very strong and fast-growing. The only thing we have to do there is pruning/clipping, but we need to do that for basically all the plants there. The nice thing is that we can't kill the plants, as they will survive. The bad thing is that our plants are a bit out of model since we did not prune aggressively enough last year. Anyway, we gardened until the green bin was filled up. We will have to do more two weeks from now, as we have many cubic metres of ivy in our garden.

• Like 5

Week 3 update:

I'm slowly getting more energetic again, although I still had a big dip after working on Friday. I forgot to stretch yesterday evening, but otherwise I'm doing well. Also, I have discovered and now love enfrijoladas. Especially the bean-garlic-chipotle mixture is great, I could eat it with a spoon instead of putting it on the tortillas. Combined with tortillas and cheese it is even better though.

Morning routine: 7/7

Evening routine: 4/6

Intense exercise: 1/2

• Like 3

Week 3 report:

Morning routine: 7/7

Evening routine: 5/7

Intense exercise: 2/2

• All in all, not a bad week. The start was a bit rough, but later on I started to become more energetic again.
  • Climbing is still a lot of fun, but I don't know how to get the energy on the weekdays to actually go.
  • Yoga is good for me, but it sometimes takes a lot of effort to start. 
  • Slowly but surely, my running-endurance is improving.
  • My mobility is terrible at the moment, and my muscles are incredibly tight due to stress. There is also way too much advise out there on the internet. Combined with my indecisiveness, this means I'm not really doing anything about it, even though I know I should.

This week I will try to go for two runs, one of which this afternoon. Next challenge I want to focus more on exercise and I'm looking if finishing the zombies, run programme with a 5k at the end is within the possibilities. Also something with mobility and before- and after-pictures, but I don't know which poses are useful for that.

• Like 6

Well done. One things I have liked about my running, is being able to see improvements fairly quickly. Hopefully, you can get in your two runs this week. Before you know it, you will be doing that 5K :)

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 10:01 PM, Tateman said:

Well done. One things I have liked about my running, is being able to see improvements fairly quickly. Hopefully, you can get in your two runs this week. Before you know it, you will be doing that 5K :)

Thanks, I have the same feeling :). Monday I ran 10 minutes straight during one of the free-form runs, and it did not feel that difficult. On hindsight, I should not have done this, as my legs and lower back are bothering me a bit now, but it's good to know that I can actually do it already. Also, I had one kilometre that I ran in 5:55, which is my goal-speed, so I'm pretty happy with that. Unfortunately, I can only see how fast I ran each kilometre, and not the speed over time, but I think I'm doing well. I just hope I won't get injured.

Week 4 update

Speaking of injury, my cat was walking on three legs yesterday, so I had to go to the vet and go deep into my energy-reserves. Nothing's broken and she should be fine in a few days, so that's good. Afterwards, I just curled up on the couch with a book, and did not get up until my boyfriend served dinner. Today's going better already, I feel very productive after walking my 5.4km, 20 minute yoga and half hour cleaning. This afternoon, I will run some errands and play Pokemon Go with a friend, so I have a very active day. I'm not sure if climbing will be happening tonight. My climbing-partner is still on holiday, and today's already very full. We'll see.

Working day routine: 1/2

Non-working weekday routine: 1/1

Morning routine: 3/3

Evening routine: 1/2

Intense exercise: 0/1, +1 running

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Tateman said:

Hopefully the cat gets better soon. Good there is nothing broke.

She's already walking normally again, although not jumping as much as she used to. I think she will be fine before the end of the week, fortunately.

• Like 2