• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Atrytone

Atrytone Tackles the Life Wheel

This is a great list. You’ve done a lot, and a lot of it was to help other people (especially the hospice work)

On 5/4/2019 at 4:41 AM, DJtrippyT said:

This is a great list. You’ve done a lot, and a lot of it was to help other people (especially the hospice work)

Thank you. I had a very small part with hospice (fundraising mostly) but it was a great experience and it came up at a time that I really needed it. Funny how life seems to work that way sometimes.

What have I done Week 2 to work on it?

Career - Had a rough day Friday but this week I learned how to do entrance paperwork and how to use the photo copier. Basic things but it makes me feel good that I know how to do them now.

Finance - Still waiting on the results of my interview Monday.

Health - Didn't get to the gym this week. I'm on Day 10 of no alcohol though. That's something.

Social - Just weekly D&D.

Contribution - Still have the Gala coming up. Nothing new.

Recreation - Just weekly D&D.

Love - n/a

Self-Image - Not feeling great but I'm on work day 7/8. Day 5 was a 10 hour day split between both jobs. I haven't been sleeping well either. I'm sure I'll feel better about myself when I'm better rested.

•  
  • Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 1:18 PM, Atrytone said:

when I'm better rested

It's amazing what a difference it makes.  Rest up when you can!  You're doing great!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

It's amazing what a difference it makes.  Rest up when you can!  You're doing great!

It does. Luckily today was pretty chill even though I had to go in for a staff meeting. And tomorrow I'll be shoe shopping with my best friend (I need pumps for the Gala - I bought my last pair a decade ago and they don't fit right anymore) and it's always great hanging out with her. :D 

• Like 2

Had an off day at work yesterday. Couldn't put my finger on what the issue was unfortunately. Even more unfortunately, I ate like an asshole after my shift. I'll do better today.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Atrytone said:

I think I need to specifically schedule gym time into my calendar because otherwise I just don't go. :/

Like an appointment with yourself, yes. 

Do you think it would be easier to work it into your schedule if you explored a different way to be active? Like if you rated your enjoyment of the gym from 1-10, where would it fall?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Like an appointment with yourself, yes. 

Do you think it would be easier to work it into your schedule if you explored a different way to be active? Like if you rated your enjoyment of the gym from 1-10, where would it fall?

It kinda depends. If I'm having a good day it'll be a 10. But if I'm having a bad day (mentally, physically, w/e) it can be a -3. My issue is I like to not do things. Like...my favorite thing to do is stay at home and either read, play around online, or listen to music. I don't like DOING things until I'm actually doing them and sometimes not even then lol.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Atrytone said:

I don't like DOING things

I can totally relate to this.  It goes in seasons for me, but there are many times when I really just can't be bothered to get up and go.

• Like 1

Career (7/10) - No change. Still love my job even though there are good days and bad days.

Finance (4/10) - Increase of 3 points. I’m still not making as much as I need to but after a couple serious conversations with my boss about my needs it sounds like I’ll have enough hours in August or September.

Health (4/10) - Increase of 1 point. I tackled my drinking which was starting to concern me. After more than two weeks of strict sobriety I’ve started drinking again in a much more controlled fashion - only when I don’t work the next day and only after 5 pm. Still sleeping poorly and not going to the gym.

Social (4/10) - No change. Seeing my friends a little more often but only barely.

Contribution (4/10) - Increase of 3 points. Volunteered through work for a community benefit gala. We raised a lot of money for two local non-profits. Thinking very strongly about volunteering with Haven.

Recreation (6/10) - Increase of 2 points. Started playing D&D in addition to my typical netflix/youtube binging. I’ve also been reading more.

Love (6/10) - No change. Given how socially anxious I’ve been the past couple weeks though I’m calling this a win.

Self-Image (5/10) - Increase of 3 points. Confronting my boss and tackling one of my major health concerns has me feeling quite a bit better about myself. There’s always room for improvement but for the moment I’m satisfied.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Wow, this is great! You improved in so many areas. That’s terrific. 

Thank you. I think it was at least partially a regression to the mean but I'll take it. :)

• Like 1