• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DaemonCorax

DaemonCorax becomes less round (incubating pt. 6)

Still pregnant. Bouldering this morning helped things feel less stiff. He was really hurting my belly yesterday evening, so I didn’t feel like lifting heavy.

MFH took this photo of me the second time I went through. I could turn the corner up to the vertical part 2 green hold up, but we had a fun 45-60 min gym session. (I do recall someone here having trouble visualizing me climbing 3 months ago. Lol. This is what it looks like now XD. )

<IMAGE DELETED>

• Like 4

On 5/13/2019 at 5:04 PM, DaemonCorax said:

Motherhood is like that one dream you had when you were 16 where you have this big test at school in history. You study for weeks about the American Revolution, but when you get to your chair you find out that the test was actually in math. So now you’re stuck trying to figure out the square root of an elephant multiplied by the weight of a neutron star and it isn’t until after the test is over that you find out the answer was Purple.

Basically, yes.

If you haven't been told (because no one could tell me what contractions actually felt like and it annoyed me*)--Braxton-Hicks** tended to feel a lot like a bad side stitch to me (like when you're running and overdo it). When contractions started, it was more like period cramps, and then started into a rolling waves into more and more intense cramps. 

It's possible this information has reached you too late, though. Good luck! 

(*To be fair about this, it's because your brain will later block out the pains of labour. Technically, I have also forgotten what they felt like, but I was so annoyed that no one could tell me about this, that when I was going through it, I made sure I could describe it in words later, even if I could not remember the actual feeling :P)

(**My niece named her son Braxton. I can only imagine that she did not have lots of BH, because it's all I can think of when I heard his name :P)

Edited by Ann of Vries
  • Like 2

very impressed that you  are bouldering all the way till you due date !

this seems a very GOOD way to start motherhood.  keep being strong! Woot.

On 5/14/2019 at 7:09 PM, DaemonCorax said:

Bouldering

That is awesome, and you are awesome.  Keep being awesome!

Since we’ve got radio silence here, I’m hoping that this means the little one has decided to join the real world.  Waiting with bated breath........

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Rinna said:

Since we’ve got radio silence here, I’m hoping that this means the little one has decided to join the real world.  Waiting with bated breath........

Ditto. At least they've waited until the end of the challenge!

You have guessed correctly. The tiny one and I had some trouble, but he came yelling into the world via c section early Saturday morning after 34 hours of labor. He doesn’t seem to hold the long process against us though, and is doing wonderfully.

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, DaemonCorax said:

You have guessed correctly. The tiny one and I had some trouble, but he came yelling into the world via c section early Saturday morning after 34 hours of labor. He doesn’t seem to hold the long process against us though, and is doing wonderfully.

So so so so so so glad everything is ok DC !! <3 xx

Ohh very glad to hear the little one is doing great! I hope you're getting all the love and support you need right now and that you feel strong and capable and that you're recovering well. 34 hours I can relate to and it was mighty tiring, but I don't know what it's like recovering form a C-section, so I hope that is going well! 

MFH human has swung into domestic mode wonderfully. I am very lucky to have him home. The incision will be mostly healed in 6 weeks, but I also have a lot of bruises all over my abdomen to heal. It’s rougher than our culture makes c sections out to be. If I’m on here at all, my challenges are going to look a little different for a while. I can walk around the house and that’s about it.

The little starfish is amazing though. Several days of eating like a champ led to some real sleep last night. (I confess I woke up in the middle of the night because I was surprised he was still asleep.)

Even though the incision will be at 90% by 6 weeks, I’m expecting 6-12 months to get back the level of muscle and structural integrity I had pre surgery. Fun fact: although we all know the horizontal scar well, internally, a c section splits your abs vertically along the connective tissue and then stitches them back together. It makes sense, because it avoids cutting across the muscle, but in my case that tissue had stretched but not separated in pregnancy so it’s a little ironic that after protecting it so well, I’m going to have to heal it from scratch anyway.

MFH and I have some things to process around the whole thing. We had some terrifying moments. I’m not sure how much I’ll talk about it here. We’ll see.

• Like 4

On 5/23/2019 at 8:50 AM, DaemonCorax said:

MFH human has swung into domestic mode wonderfully. I am very lucky to have him home. The incision will be mostly healed in 6 weeks, but I also have a lot of bruises all over my abdomen to heal. It’s rougher than our culture makes c sections out to be. If I’m on here at all, my challenges are going to look a little different for a while. I can walk around the house and that’s about it.

The little starfish is amazing though. Several days of eating like a champ led to some real sleep last night. (I confess I woke up in the middle of the night because I was surprised he was still asleep.)

Even though the incision will be at 90% by 6 weeks, I’m expecting 6-12 months to get back the level of muscle and structural integrity I had pre surgery. Fun fact: although we all know the horizontal scar well, internally, a c section splits your abs vertically along the connective tissue and then stitches them back together. It makes sense, because it avoids cutting across the muscle, but in my case that tissue had stretched but not separated in pregnancy so it’s a little ironic that after protecting it so well, I’m going to have to heal it from scratch anyway.

MFH and I have some things to process around the whole thing. We had some terrifying moments. I’m not sure how much I’ll talk about it here. We’ll see.

So sorry that you had issues, but glad you and the starfish are okay.  It can be scary, for sure.  Here if you need an ear.

• Like 1

On 5/23/2019 at 4:50 PM, DaemonCorax said:

but in my case that tissue had stretched but not separated in pregnancy so it’s a little ironic that after protecting it so well, I’m going to have to heal it from scratch anyway.

ugh, rough luck. 

6-12 months would be amazing really. It also all depends on how much sleep you're getting and how much energy/desire for putting in the time to heal. 

Glad to hear the little starfish is doing good. 

Birth trauma is a very real thing, hope you both work through it! 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2019 at 9:07 AM, DaemonCorax said:

c section

My beautiful wife was a c-section kid.  Now whenever we leave someone's house she tries to go out the window.

I'm very glad to here that you and baby are well.  I know you'll rockstar the recovery.  :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1