• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Greenstone Trout

Greenstone Trout- virgin challenge-

Hi,

Im new and pretty excited to be here. I live in Oz and the main reason I joined is to get super buff, shed some weight and kick some ass in my personal and professional goals. Living in Australia on the East coast means I am always in the surf, I love to body surf and dive for recreation. I love movies and can remember lines from movies like a freak. I want to start up my own small business and eventually stop working in the corporate world.

My main quest for this challenge is to finish a 100km walk for the Oxfam charity in under 36 hrs, here in Sydney.

The walk is in August but I need to get some stuff done on the lead up so my smaller goals are:

Complete checkpoint 1 and 2 of the Oxfam track 35km in under 10hrs

Increase cardio fitness by training at gym 3x a week doing 20 mins cardio before weight training.

Walk a total of 50 kilometres a week-incidental and morning/night walks of the dog

cheers

GT

• Like 5

Welcome to the rebellion!

11 hours ago, Greenstone Trout said:

super buff, shed some weight and kick some ass

Good goals, and definitely not mutually exclusive.

The walk sounds intense. 35k in 10 hours is going to kick some serious ass. What's the charity about?

• Like 1

Way to go!  Is this your first Oxfam100?  I did it in Perth a few years ago but had to pull out at 75km with a knee injury.

Can't wait to see how you get on with your 35km hike.

• Like 1

Hi 

It's my first one ever.  We did a training run of the 35k section last week and it's taken me ages to recover.  I thought it would be flat path but it wasn't it was metal ladders screwed into the walls and massive drops and climbs. 

Perth would be next level in the heat. 

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 1:13 AM, Greenstone Trout said:

My main quest for this challenge is to finish a 100km walk for the Oxfam charity in under 36 hrs, here in Sydney.

:o 

Wow...that's a lot!

Welcome to the rebellion, I look forward to seeing you meet this goal!

On 4/18/2019 at 1:13 PM, Greenstone Trout said:

the main reason I joined is to get super buff, shed some weight and kick some ass in my personal and professional goals

Sounds like great reasons to me :D

Welcome!

• Like 3

Hi Everyone,

Im still here and getting on with the goals. Last week I surely did not meet the goal of 50k incidental walking, however it wasnt so bad, more like 35ks. Room for improvement. I did however hit my three times a week cardio and weight sessionss. That felt good. I have one more session on Friday and that will be week 2 done also. Doing cardio is not my first love buut I realise I really need it for the 100k walk.

The next attempt at the 35k section in under 10hrs will happen in May so I will keep you all posted. Thank for checking in with me its a good motivator.

GT

• Like 8

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooodddddddddddddddddddddd Morrrrningggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

Its another lovely day in Oz, its starting to cool down here which is really nice. I am checking in at the start of this week as a little extra motivation. I have a shitty cold so i did a big food prep yesterday to set me up for the week. I made a crap load of Good healthy foods and also a sweet treat so i know what is in it.

I am on track for walking this week smashing out 10000-12000 steps a day to hit that 50 k this week, its happening peeps.

I do have a question I am hoping some of you might be able to answer. I have been doing weights now for 6 months, however at 3 months in I fractured my foot(outside of the gym) but ignored it thinking it was just sore, but on deadlifting the following day, thats when the full force of the fracture occured. This has made me nervouse to DL over 80k(that is the weight i did it at), and also after coming back after the fracture i did a 75k DL with a trainer and really hurt my back(like couldnt walk hurt). I got it all fixed through remidial massage and learning the importance of stretching, building the lifts in weight and cleaning up my form but........

I still freak out in increasing the weight and knowing when to increase the weight for my other lifts, squat,bench. I guess it's about not wanting to injure myself and also look like a gobshite for increasing too heavy.

Any help really appreciated.

GT

• Like 3

On 5/5/2019 at 7:59 PM, Greenstone Trout said:

Its another lovely day in Oz, its starting to cool down here which is really nice. I am checking in at the start of this week as a little extra motivation. I have a shitty cold so i did a big food prep yesterday to set me up for the week. I made a crap load of Good healthy foods and also a sweet treat so i know what is in it.

Good job! Way to set yourself up for success!!

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 12:59 AM, Greenstone Trout said:

I do have a question I am hoping some of you might be able to answer.

I wish I could help, but I'm thinking maybe asking this in a new thread in the weight lifting section of the forum might get better attention? Good luck, hope you find a way to overcome!

• Like 1