• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Doe

What do you even do all day? Doe tracks everything.

Another busy week.  I fell of on my plank and routine. Going to Sac really threw me off. I didn’t do as well this week but I’m trying to not give up. Each day is new opportunity to keep going.

Week 2 Day 3

Log the Day - Yes 

Eat between 1200-1800 cals, log everything in MyFitnessPal Yes. ~1500

Practice Plank each day Yes, modified side plank 70 seconds each side. Forerm plank 35s once

Hit  8k step goal as many days as possible. No 5,821

Night Routine  -  yep

Week 2 Day 4

Log the Day - No

Eat between 1200-1800 cals, log everything in MyFitnessPal No. stopped midway. Drank way too much

Practice Plank each day No

Hit  8k step goal as many days as possible. Yes, 10,679 (that’s one advantage of a pub crawl)

Night Routine  -  No

Week 2 Day 5

Log the Day - No

Eat between 1200-1800 cals, log everything in MyFitnessPal No

Practice Plank each day No

Hit  8k step goal as many days as possible. Not even close. 2015

Night Routine  -  Yes

Week 2 Day 6

Log the Day - Yes 

Eat between 1200-1800 cals, log everything in MyFitnessPal Yes. ~1900

Practice Plank each day Yes, modified side plank 90 seconds each side. Got a cramp doing forearm

Hit  8k step goal - Yes. 8095

Night Routine  -  No.

Didn’t make it to the gym this week either. I did workout at home a few times this week plus dance practice yesterday.  The show is about 6 weeks away and the practices are getting more intense if not always more vigorous. We worked on a more story telling piece where there’s a lot of floor work and turns. I’m always astounded at how much engaging your core helps with turns and kicks. One of our leaders commented on how strong and still my upper body while doing kicks across the floor. Yay, progress!  

• Like 2

On 5/5/2019 at 3:33 PM, Doe said:

Yay, progress!  

Good work!  Keep it up!

• Like 1

On 5/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, Doe said:

I could see that. Which one do you have?

I have the Vivosport, it's one of their more basic models but has alerts, step counter, and tracks everything I need it to better than the fitbit :D 

• Like 1

On 5/6/2019 at 6:34 PM, RES said:

I have the Vivosport, it's one of their more basic models but has alerts, step counter, and tracks everything I need it to better than the fitbit :D 

Nice! My fitbit's battery is slowly dwindling, eventually I'm gonna need a replacement.

• Like 1

Week 2 Day 7

Log the Day - Yes 

Eat between 1200-1800 cals, log everything in MyFitnessPal Yes. ~1650

Practice Plank each day Yes, modified side plank 90 seconds each side. Got a cramp doing forearm

Hit  8k step goal - Yes. 8633

Night Routine  -  Yes

Week 2 recap 
I'm learning to not obsess over counting calories of things like vegetables, the exact amount.  Hitting the step goal is getting easier, especially when I do a quick 10-15 minute exercise and I feel better. 

Oh and I really do need to stay away from corn. I have a diagnosed corn sensitivity. I had corn 3x last week and I don't think I've recovered yet. Been bloated ever since and it's not my cycle. 

My weight has been going in the downward direction. I was at 283.5 on April 22nd and 280.2 on May 6th. 
I was 281 on April 12th but I'm trying not to let that bother me because on April 5th I was 288.7.  It's about trends.  Since I've been drinking more water, less alcohol and eating less salty foods it feels like things are more stable. Found a good weighing routine. Friday and Monday morning, keeps me from going to far off the rails and ending up 5lbs heavier in 3 days. 

Yesterday was the 17th anniversary of my gastric bypass surgery. I've now lived more years with this surgery than without. Pulled out an old picture at my highest weight, 415 and 3 inches shorter. What a difference. Sometimes I forget that is quite the accomplishment. Because many people think that WLs is "cheating" or the "easy way out".  Getting my annual blood panels done this week, hoping to tack on a blood pressure check. 

• Like 1

Keep up the good work. I hear you on trying to not obsess about every little thing with tracking. I am trying to find that happy place where I don't get too crazy about it and not go to the extreme of guesstimating everything (which means I will always way underestimate.) 

On 5/7/2019 at 10:50 PM, Doe said:

learning to not obsess

Good job!  This is a tough one.  You're doing great, keep it up!

• Like 1

Well fellow nerds, I hit a valley.

I was doing well this week, I even surprised myself at well I handled the week before Mother's Day. and then yesterday morning it hit me like a rock. My first mothers day without her.

been in a deep depression ever since.  Haven't ate well, though I have tracked everything. I managed 20 minutes of real low impact exercise yesterday.

Tried to work at home today but had to call in. Today my main goal is to leave the house at some point.

Last week was a wash. That depression was way worse than I thought.  Even though I'm a independent adult, I didn't realize how much I depended on my mother. 

She had degrees in social work,  psychiatry and education, whenever I did go to therapy I always had her help. Most time didn't need more than a psychiatrist for meds because of her. 

I've never applied for a job without her proofreading my cover letter.  

Never had to go around and tell all my family when I was heading home for a visit,  she always spread the word. 

Tried to finish some work that I have no clue what's going on.  Honestly I'd admit defeat and pass it off if there was anyone else to pass it off to. But they don't want to give it to the new hires  (mid level like me and senior)  so I'm a bit boxed in.

Anywho, I'm trying to  end this challenge on a high note. 

Well better luck next time? 

I did take this as sign and signed up for a therapist.

• Like 1