• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

zenLara

Where did all the adamantium go?

Wolverine is lost.

She doesn’t remember who she is or why she came here.

She has lost memory of the bright days, when she wandered through the fields and felt warm under the sun.

She senses something is missing.

Playfulness, adventure, effort… she hears their echos some times, but can’t fully grasp the meaning.

In fear, she slowly distanced herself from life itself.

But buried deep inside her heart, a small fire is still burning…

• Like 6

image.png.45dabf7dfc48da419edb191dcc61bcad.png

Where did all the adamantium go?

The challenge is simple.

There’s a list. Of things that I’d like to do* daily, or almost daily, or weekly.

There’s a slot to jot down how much time the action took, how much of my life has been used on something that made me feel…

How? How did I feel? While doing it. Afterwards. What has changed because of that action? Do I feel better than before?

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

MUSIC PRACTICE

HANGING. PUSHING. WORKING OUT

ICELANDIC

WRITING

GYM

STRETCHING

OUTDOORS

READING

SKETCHING

WH BREATHING

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

* I’ve been doubting about including or not the cold showers. I had to stop them again. It doesn’t matter if I stay at a temperature I can easily bear, I keep getting sick. Maybe when weather gets better, I don’t know.

• Like 7

15 hours ago, SymphonicDan said:

Nice idea with the "sensations/feelings" column to create the feedback loop :)

This is the main point of the challenge. I'm already quite active, but everything feels dull. I hope that focusing on the immediate result of the action will help me feel more positive.

5 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Here to follow along for sure!

You are very welcome! :)

• Like 1

I'm not waiting until monday. I'll use these two days to see how I feel about tracking all this.

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

5'

Feeling lazy at the beginning. At the end, body felt nice from having moved. 

MUSIC PRACTICE

ICELANDIC

20' 

The video was open in one of my tabs so I played it without much thinking. I enjoyed it because I could understand almost everything (with subs). I didn't know all the vocabulary but could deduce most of the unknown words from context. Feeling proud afterwards.

WRITING

15'

I thought the exercise was silly and that I didn't know how to do it anyway. While writing, the main thought was that it was cheesy. Reading it when finished made me think it was a bit funny and made me chuckle. 

GYM

STRETCHING

2'

Did them during with yoga, so same reflection. Neck and shoulders.

OUTDOORS

1h 

Before I left I was feeling bored and anxious. I had began to numbly refresh NF site. During the walk I felt really good, the air was cold but nice. There was a storm that gave interesting colors to the fields and the sky. Coming back I was tired but in better mood. 

READING

10'

Unsure about reading before bed. I want to like the book I'm reading, but the writing style is sticky. I blame the translator, sincerely. Afterwards, once again, liking the story and the characters but hating the style. Still, was nice. 

SKETCHING

WH BREATHING

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

Total time: 1h52.

Also did some chores and most of the time spent at the computer was at the low table.

I don't know about the table format... I need to use a small font to avoid using a lot of space, but maybe is not comfortable to read this way. What do you think, guys? Is it better if I forget the boxes and just write?

I just checked on my phone and doesn't feel supersmall, but both there and at the computer I have a feeling of relief in my eyes when I come back to the normal font.

• Like 6

How to achieve Level 5.

Spoiler

BER --> 1 point if I attend my 8 hours of gym this month. 1 extra point if I complete 4 workouts of any type during the challenge, aside gym.

HEA --> WH breathing + breathing/meditation, both activites done 5 times a week get 0.5 HEA. 1 whole extra point if I successfully get back to cold showers and do them 5 times a week.

STR --> if by the end of the challenge I can hang from the bar for 2 minutes AND do 5 push-ups with good form, then I get 1 point.

STA --> 8 music practice sessions longer than 1 hour during working days, 0.5. If I go to walk to the countryside at least 4 times this challenge, I get another 0.5.
DEX --> music practice, yoga and stretching happen all three at least 5 times a week, 0.5.

WIS --> 4 hours of icelandic + 12 hours of reading, 0.5

CHA --> 3 rehearsals with pianist, 0.5, 8 sketches done 0.5, 8 writing exercises completed or less exercises but one short story 0.5.

If by the end of the challenge there is a clear sense of progress, physically, and emotionally/mentally, I get 2 extra points, 1CON 1WIS.

• Like 2

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

5'

Laziness when I started. Nice sensations when noticed some progress after these past stiff days.

MUSIC PRACTICE

25' + 25'

I realised that I was feeling bored and decided to take action. A bit tense while playing, but satisfied that I spent some time practicing. 

30" + 30"

hanging from the bar

Nicely surprised. I thought I would only stay for a few seconds after all this time. And stopped not because of lack of strength, but because my hands hurt (I don't have my callouses anymore).

ICELANDIC

WRITING

GYM

STRETCHING

2' + 3' + 3' + 3' + 1' 

Neck, shoulders, elbows, feet, squat, shin box switch, squat with twist.

Way less tense after each pause.

OUTDOORS

READING

20' + 40' 

Felt a lot of resistance to start, but then enjoyed the time. Second time ended a bit fed up with the crappy translation. Helps as disconnection moment.

SKETCHING

2'

Short sketch of a cat. Fun. 

WH BREATHING

12'

+ cold shower (15º)

Breathing part not that relaxing. Nice feeling of calm and warmth after the shower. In very good mood.

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

15'

A breathing meditation while preparing breakfast

Was a bit anxious while preparing breakfast and for no special reason decided to do this meditation. More relaxed breathing at the end.

Total time: 2h35.

Writing about how I feel is helping to identify a sense of achievement. Specially when I start reluctantly and then feel better.

Today I remembered how much I enjoy to start the day with the breathing-cold shower-yoga combination. Day starts with "me time" this way.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, zenLara said:

(I don't have my callouses anymore

Solidarity fistbump! 

Image result for solidarity fistbump gif

I took a break for 2 weeks to let my shoulder rest and now coming back my hands are useless.  I still have enough calluses to be really painful, but not enough to cover the friction burn

• Sad 1

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

9' 

First day I didn't feel lazy to start. Added a couple of poses.

MUSIC PRACTICE

Tried to practice but the neck pain made it impossible.

40" hanging

+ 1 push-up

So cool to have already added 10 seconds to my dead hang. Tried the first push-up of the challenge. Very good control going down, pushing up was a different thing. Hips stayed lower than they should have to.

Held a wall declined plank for 20".

ICELANDIC

15'

Another video, different theme but still easy to follow. I realised both me and my brain had fun.

WRITING

GYM

STRETCHING

3' + 3' + 4'

neck and shoulders 

I don't know exactly what happened today, but at some point between yoga and breakfast I hurt my neck and I've seen my mobility reduced the whole day. I had been free from neck pain lately and this has been a downer. 

OUTDOORS

1h 45'

I realised I was getting bored at home and that soon I would be just wasting my time sitting at my computer so made my mind and went out despite the cold and the wind. Came back home tired, but it was nicer than staying at home. 

READING

10' + 45' + 30'

Fun. 

SKETCHING

4' 

Still working on cats. Gets me hooked. Feels like a challenge.

WH BREATHING

14'

+ cold shower (14º)

More relaxed than other days. Felt brave enough to take the full shower with cold water, so probably 3-4 minutes (didn't wash my hair). In a good mood afterwards and with sensations of calm and wellbeing. Later, I've felt proud. 

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

4' 

Relaxing breathing. Felt weird afterwards, I think it was too soon after lunch to do it.

Total time: 4h 7m.

Satisfaction after the first 30 minutes of my day (WH breathing, cold shower, yoga, first neck stretch, wall plank, dead hang, push-up). Well awaken when it ended.

My first impression of the challenge is that it is helping. The fact that I have to come here and report is making me more accountable than the past days. I hope it won't get stressful as days go by. I'm still on holidays but from tuesday on days will be packed again.

• Like 5

Hola chica! I like your tables, very scientific and surprising from someone with so much musical talent, showing off your nerd creds along with that creativity! :) 

On 4/20/2019 at 3:30 AM, zenLara said:

But buried deep inside her heart, a small fire is still burning…

You got this girl. 

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, @mu said:

I really like this exercise of identifying feelings/thoughts. Very relatable!

Thank you. I hope it will help me get better. I've been on a bad place for a while and even when I've kept myself more or less active, my mind wasn't helping.

8 hours ago, Endor said:

Hola chica! I like your tables, very scientific and surprising from someone with so much musical talent, showing off your nerd creds along with that creativity! :) 

You got this girl. 

giphy.gif

I think you're giving me too much credit for drawing 3 columns and putting a list on one of them, but I'll take it :D

Thanks!

• Like 2

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

6'

Nothing special today. 

MUSIC PRACTICE

This is on hold until my neck feels ok. 

ICELANDIC

25'

New video. Very satisfying. Still surprised of how much I understand. 

WRITING

GYM

2h

OHMYGOD! AMAZING DAY!

STRETCHING

6' + 1' + 3' + 2'

neck and shoulders

It always ends being more relaxing than what I expect. 

OUTDOORS

READING

15' + 40' + 30' + 30'

(spent 2 hours in trains today) 

Fun. Keeps my mind away of endless thoughts. 

SKETCHING

WH BREATHING

14'

+ cold shower (14º)

Wasn't very relaxed, but it will come. Afterwards, didn't want to get out of bed,  but I went to the shower. Didn't feel nice today and afterwards wasn't so warm. But mood raised. 

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

Total time: 4h52m.

Today I'm still on holidays, so decided to go to the gym instead of waiting for my usual day, on fridays. So I got another MovNat class... Today the warm up was all about crawling, and when the narrow boards appeared, the crawling continued. We may have spent about 40 minutes crawling. Ohgod. We also practiced ways to change direction, to keep a squat without falling from the board, and how to prepare for jumping to a different place from that squat (but still not doing the jump, just learning the technique). Then the circuit expanded, like the other day, and it included lateral movement through bars and a small jump with a rope. I thought I wouldn't be able to do the bars, because, once again, one arm hanging was involved, but I decided I could give it a try anyway. I hung from the bar a few seconds wondering what to do, and then suddenly it was like my body had figured out on its own, because I found myself moving through the bar quite instinctively. Later, I observed the other guys and they were doing the same I had done (thumb parallel to the other fingers and swinging the body), so score for my body! Then I arrived at the end of the first bar, and the next one went in a different direction, perpendicular to the first one, with the pillar to which they are attached in the middle. I don't know even how I found myself grasping the new bar, and heard the trainer shouting "well done! you can do it! move the second arm!" I said "no, I can't" and... I did it! I still don't know how, but I did it!!! And then it was the rope! It was superfun! The gym has different heights, and this rope was in a place of about one meter higher than the place where you had to land, so you needed to hold onto the rope, lift your legs to let the rope swing you and land down carefully... over one of those damn boards... and facing the way you came. I found it easy to do it, even the turning around, and a couple of guys asked me if this was my first time, because they were impressed that I had done it so smoothly! Then the class finished, but 3 of us stayed a few more minutes trying the rope jump again and again like little kids :D

I absolutely have to attend this class. I knew this is what I wanted. The problem is the schedule... Is not only that I will arrive home really late at night, it's that in between the mobility class and this one there's one hour of advanced animal flow I can't attend because... advanced. I'll ask the guy what does he think about me staying around at some corner doing animal flow on my own until MovNat starts... If he says no, there's a park near the gym, I could go there to walk or to read a bit in between. I don't know what I'll do, but I want more of this! I smiled the whole 20 minutes uphill to the train station!

• Like 6

23.4.19 Back to work

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

5'

Unfocused. Didn't feel useful. 

MUSIC PRACTICE

20' 

Tried to play a bit to see how my neck would take it. Had to stop.

40" + 30" deadhang

1 push-up 

Very good on my way down, pushing up not so good, but better than the other day.  

ICELANDIC

WRITING

GYM

STRETCHING

5' + 6'

Neck, shoulders, wrists.

Just fine. But neck is recovering faster than the usual.

OUTDOORS

READING

12'

A bit boring. 

SKETCHING

WH BREATHING

13'

+ cold shower (14º)

A bit boring, and afterwards didn't want to get out of bed to go to the shower. But did it. Physically in a panic state, but mentally calm and with control of my breath, despite taking the whole shower with cold water. Very good mood afterwards, smiling. Long time since I've started a morning with these good spirits.

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

Total time: 1h2m

Way less me time than these past days, but aside from holidays being gone, I spent part of the night awaken and finally overslept when the day came.

• Like 5

That MovNAt class sounds so fun!  I really hope they will let you do some self practice on the side while the advanced class takes place.  Also hope your neck feels better soon.  Any guess what's causing it?

• Like 1

Woah, your holiday was really productive! Almost 15 hours already, and we're not even a week in. I also like your challenge layout, with realizing how each activity makes you feel :). Hopefully you'll be able to attend the MovNat course more often, it sounds like a lot of fun again :).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:

Any guess what's causing it?

I don't understand exactly what happened. I woke up fine, but maybe I did some bad reajustment during my wall plank because that's when I first noticed it. And it grew worse through the day, until I barely couldn't move my neck without pain. However, it feels almost ok today, I guess all the stretching helps to recover faster.

ACTIONS

TIME SPENT

SENSATIONS AND FEELINGS

YOGA

6'

Spent most of the time with critics about "I should be doing more".

MUSIC PRACTICE

40'

Not bad, my neck is way better. A bit critical in my mind, but it was nice to practice after these days. 

30" dead hang

1 push-up 

Still not the same control when pushing up than when going down. 

ICELANDIC

20'

A bit more difficult today, but fun. I'm really enjoying learning this language. 

WRITING

20'

Meh. But I did it.

GYM

STRETCHING

3' + 7' + 10'

neck, shoulders, squat, squat with twist, shin from shinbox, feet 

Good. Nice. Relaxing. 

OUTDOORS

READING

30' + 10' + 10' + 10' 

Fun!

SKETCHING

WH BREATHING

14' 

+ 12º cold shower 

Better focus today, also more relaxed. Cold shower was difficult but my body didn't feel like defcon 1. Wasn't very warm afterwards, but happy.

BREATHING. MEDITATION 

15'

Breathing meditation while preparing breakfast. 

Total time: 3h16m.

Feeling great for having made such a good use of my morning.

• Like 4

Today was a busy day and couldn't do much. At least, did my breathing (14'), took my fully cold shower (12º), and did some yoga afterwards (barely 5'). Feeling anxious and with no time, but at least I started my day with me time.

Total time: 22 minutes.

• Like 3

On 4/23/2019 at 12:35 AM, zenLara said:

I don't know what I'll do, but I want more of this! I smiled the whole 20 minutes uphill to the train station!

This makes me so happy to hear! :D It's really great to see "fun" popping up in your tables.

Also the list of stuff that you do daily is seriously impressive. I feel so lazy now, if I can manage one or two things I call that a good day... :hopelessness: :P  

• Like 1

I don't know why, but this is legit the first time I've seen your challenge show up when I looked at the boards. 

Anyway - Yay! I found you!

I love this challenge and the idea behind it. 

• Like 1