This is a new world for me

I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I think I figuring this out.  I've never played a character or participated in a forum group.  I did my first 4wc and it went well.  Now... what?  As I'm interested in calisthenics and body weight tricks, I'm leaning toward lurking among the assassins for follow up ideas.  There are just so, so many things to factor in to this being alive thing!  Healthy, maintainable diet.  Fitness.  Social life.  Personal growth.  Keeping me happy.  I know, pick one to focus on,  but what if I pick the wrong one!  Eek! :highly_amused: 

Seriously though, I think I will join the next 4wc, maybe with a guild choice by then, and focus on learning my TDEE needs, so that I can subsequently learn how to do kindly, incremental cutting sessions as needed.  Though I really think that if I eat decent food and do fun things I'll be fine.  I think I will do some research on Parkour just to keep body weight work interesting and challenging  And, of course, being female, continuing to build upper body ability.  

I will gladly take ideas and suggestions about how to get the most out of the forums, as I feel a little like i'm flapping at loose ends over here.  Ready to learn and join everyone in this game.  :tiger:

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1

Heeeeeey!!!!!  **waves like an idiot** :D 

Don’t sweat the whole character/role play thingy, there’s probably more members who don’t do that stuff that those who do. The main thing is to figure out what works for you and do that.   I love the idea of doing parkour, but I think it will be a while before I can start trying to learn any (very, very basic!) moves because I’m focused on trying to regain strength and mobility after illness/injury right now.  Have you started a new challenge thread yet?  I will lurk and see if I can steal any ideas! :devilish:

• Like 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 2:12 PM, WildSonja said:

I'm a bit overwhelmed, but I think I figuring this out.  I've never played a character or participated in a forum group.  I did my first 4wc and it went well.  Now... what?  As I'm interested in calisthenics and body weight tricks, I'm leaning toward lurking among the assassins for follow up ideas.  There are just so, so many things to factor in to this being alive thing!  Healthy, maintainable diet.  Fitness.  Social life.  Personal growth.  Keeping me happy.  I know, pick one to focus on,  but what if I pick the wrong one!  Eek! :highly_amused: 

Seriously though, I think I will join the next 4wc, maybe with a guild choice by then, and focus on learning my TDEE needs, so that I can subsequently learn how to do kindly, incremental cutting sessions as needed.  Though I really think that if I eat decent food and do fun things I'll be fine.  I think I will do some research on Parkour just to keep body weight work interesting and challenging  And, of course, being female, continuing to build upper body ability.  

I will gladly take ideas and suggestions about how to get the most out of the forums, as I feel a little like i'm flapping at loose ends over here.  Ready to learn and join everyone in this game.  :tiger:

Welcome! On your question, what if I pick the wrong one. Well, good news: we've now removed the penalty of being thrown in a cave with an angry dragon you don't accomplish your goal!:biggrin-new: I like your idea of finding fun things to do. Experiment, have fun. Sometimes the challenges where I've picked the wrong goal have been the most helpful. I think I really want to work on something, and then  discover, nah, it isn't really what I want. But knowing what doesn't work for me has helped me figure out what works  for me. For a goal set up, you could choose one fitness goal, one social goal and one fun goal.

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

7 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

we've now removed the penalty of being thrown in a cave with an angry dragon you don't accomplish your goal!:biggrin-new: 

Glad to hear that!  :biggrin-new: But if there is another way I could see the dragon, I would definitely put that in my ultimate goal list.

• Like 1

daily dare   46 45 44  43 42 41  40 39 38 37 36 35  34 32  31 30  29  28 27  26  25 24 23 22 21 20 19  18  17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9 #8 #7  #6  #5 #4 #3  #2 #1