• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Mahalak

Mahalak is putting one foot in front of the other

Weird time for me. Never really been unemployed, and so while I'm grateful for the severance that's keeping us going until the end of June, it's getting closer to the end every day. I've been keeping up with the gym, doing other work, but not using the time as I would have hoped: reading, writing, more cardio.

Went into a bit of a depression after spending a lot of time with a church in the search process, only to have them choose to drive off of a cliff rather than get some leadership. Yeah, it may be better for me not to go off the cliff with them, but I felt I could help - and I was ready to get back to it. A few more irons in the fire now, and hopefully one of them will pan out.

All of which led to my skipping my first challenge since joining NF quite awhile back. Lack of energy, enthusiasm, not really sure anyone was out there (not a knock on anyone or NF, just how I was feeling). But I'm trying to make a comeback.

Strength-training - three times a week
Scripture and Meditation - daily

Cardio -  50K/150 minutes per week
E-Diet - 15 minute limit post-wake-up, content including no more than 45min/day on social media, nothing one hour before bed

Veg/Fr Smoothie - 4 times per week

Clean one floor of house a week.

Peace out!

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Cute gif :D 

It's always hard whenever an organisation starts taking a dive, and you've got to decide whether or not to pull it back up or leave it, but hope that the plans you have pan out! 

• Like 2

On 4/23/2019 at 9:27 AM, Infinity.Creates said:

Cute gif :D 

It's always hard whenever an organisation starts taking a dive, and you've got to decide whether or not to pull it back up or leave it, but hope that the plans you have pan out! 

Not yet, but haven't given up hope yet. Had one interview recently, and another lined up for next week. I'd say "fingers crossed," but Presbyterians don't do luck! Thanks for the note!

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 7:06 AM, Diadhuit said:

Hi Malak, following.
How is it going?

ummm...it's going. Job hunt still on. Just started a temp position with an organization I'm involved in. Some money, some time off of my hands, some feeling of contributing to society.

All good, but....

On the NF front, hit and miss. Consistency on some - yay! - total bomb on others - nay.

I'm definitely feeling a lack of mojo, and disappointed in myself for letting things affect me this way.

I appreciate you checking in.

• Like 3

Hey Mahalak, welcome back! (She says, having taken quite the NF hiatus herself.) 

On 4/30/2019 at 9:21 PM, Mahalak said:

On the NF front, hit and miss.

What's been hit, and what's been miss? Talk to us! 

Hey Mahalak, welcome back! (She says, having taken quite the NF hiatus herself.) 

Not to derail conversation, but welcome back@Wobbegong!! Do you have a thread where you say how many amazing things have you been doing?
@Mahalak we are here to listen/read. Let us know if we can help
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Not to derail conversation, but welcome back @Wobbegong!! Do you have a thread where you say how many amazing things have you been doing?

Thank you! I don't have a challenge yet, but I will put one up soon! Thread is here

On 5/1/2019 at 6:29 PM, Diadhuit said:

Take it easy on yourself.
Your situation is not an easy one to be in, hang in there, there will be better times

Thank you, for the hopeful and encouraging words. I trust they will get better, I'd just be happier if they were better right now. My patience is continually being refined!

• Like 2

Thank you, for the hopeful and encouraging words. I trust they will get better, I'd just be happier if they were better right now. My patience is continually being refined!
These are words I needed to hear right now. I am having a bad day and I too wish things were better right now. Thanks for your optimism
  • Like 1

On 5/3/2019 at 2:57 AM, Wobbegong said:

Hitting strength-training and cardio, and smoothies, glancing off Scripture, and missing Scripture, e-diet, and cleaning.

Three of seven is good enough for the baseball hall of fame, and only marginally good enough for me to be a better me. So I can take some comfort in that.

(I did mentally edit that: I was ready to be harder on myself, but if I believe that progress is progress, then even small steps are steps forward.)

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mahalak said:

Three of seven is good enough for the baseball hall of fame, and only marginally good enough for me to be a better me. So I can take some comfort in that.

(I did mentally edit that: I was ready to be harder on myself, but if I believe that progress is progress, then even small steps are steps forward.)

Good! It's good to focus on progress rather than getting caught up with stalls or frustrated when things aren't going as fast as we'd like. It's definitely a bummer to feel like we're not doing what we said we would, but that's where the drive to do better in the future comes from. Three of seven is a good start, so build some momentum and keep at it! 

• Like 1

On 5/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, Mahalak said:

having taken quite the NF hiatus herself

Welcome back yourself, Wobbegong! Good to have you among us again! I hope you are all the better from the time in-between.