• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Miaulin

Miaulin Snufs it Up

giphy.webp

...and continues looking for space.

i've recently stumbled into a little series called Moomin, which manages to be both really peaceful (similar vibe to games like Animal Crossing or Harvest Moon) and this little dude is the current inspiration. He's called 'Snufkin' and he's a positively feral little creature who wanders the earth, never staying in one place for very long. He's largely unattached, except regarding his closest friends, whom he leaves each winter but returns to in the spring. (his friends hibernate during the winter like sensible individuals) his only possessions are his clothes, some camping gear, a fishing pole, and his harmonica. He's also all about nature and despite being a chill little man will straight up destroy people to defend it.

but it's just the 'really chill' part i'm borrowing for this challenge.

in line with Snufkin's free-range attitude, this will be more of a battle-log than a challenge, though i do have some things i need to get done. which jobs include the usual, housekeeping, drinking enough water, curating my own positivity because that's an active choice and i can't just wait for a positive attitude to manifest itself in me, and putting in work on Khan Academy, Duolingo, and Memrise every day since i can't start my actual school program until September. And exercising, of course.

The main 'goal' though is to keep up with other people's threads and actually cheer and encourage instead of just lurking.

For an extra dash of Snufkin, i'm also to try to spice things up with a little 'adventure' or fun to keep things interesting. Right now i think that looks like trying a new type of tea every now and then because i'm in a very tea-drinking mood right now but we'll see what comes up :3

9BWZGuD.gif

• Like 6

Hiiiiiii <3

2 hours ago, Miaulin said:

curating my own positivity because that's an active choice and i can't just wait for a positive attitude to manifest itself in me

I, uh. Hm. Need to keep this in mind. 

• Like 4

On 4/20/2019 at 12:59 PM, Shadri said:

Hiiiiiii <3

I, uh. Hm. Need to keep this in mind. 

Heyooooo! :D

same same, it's easier said than done but worth the try anyway.

23 hours ago, Salinger said:

Mooning is boss. I haven’t watched for ages though :) 

following along and cheering you on xx

!!!!! i only just discovered it because my lazytown friends were posting about it, and now i'm practically buried in it :lol: do you know about the 2019 reboot? I'm on the last episode now and they're all charming and quite funny.

and thank you for the follow, it's always good to have you around :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day One:

Family stuff's got me sad. Nothing serious. I'm also remembering some things lately that i'd rather not be. Still have a cold/seasonal allergies going on so that's probably contributing to make me weepier over everything than is strictly necessary  : P 

giphy.gif

so starting small for today, my jobs are

• launder my bedding
  • do my lessons on khan/duolingo/memrise
  • do my exercise

and maybe finish a drawing.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Salinger said:

SOrry its a sad day Mia....hoping it gets better for you <3

What is the drawing of?xx

Thanks Sal :)

I'm trying to draw some of the characters i write about, using a drawing challenge meme on tumblr to get me started.

11 hours ago, Shadri said:

I hope everything is okay! <3

Thanks Shadri ^_^

----------------------------

still a bit sad and not wanting to do much, but i'm not crying/about to cry anymore, so there's improvement! I've made some tea and am about to take some cold medicine in the hopes of easing things up a bit. 

edit: well, i got my bedding washed, took meds, did some sleeping, and around 4PM got around to eating. i roasted some frozen vegetables with a little curry powder and salt, and made some rice, which was progress because i usually never eat rice unless it's from Chipotle. another thing is today i've emailed the humane society to ask if they can help at all with rehoming the kittens. there isn't a rush on it or anything but it would be much better for them in the long-run to live with someone else, who has more space for them and such.

unrelated to anything but one thing that's stood out to me in Moomin is that there's a bit about a girl who turned invisible due to some circumstances in her life, but when she came to stay with the Moomins and they were kind to her, she started to become visible again until all except her face could be seen. No matter how kind the Moomins were, though, her face just wouldn't show up. Then one day she was put in a situation where the only way out was to raise her voice because she needed to call for help. Her voice got stronger, and she got a little bit less timid. Later still, she got properly angry and expressed as much, and that's when her face finally appeared.

to string in another completely unrelated paragraph, there's one more chance that momsauce and i might get to go see Romeo and Juliet this weekend. :lol: i'm a bit desperately hoping we can pull it off. 

last note of weirdness, idk if it's because i'm still sniffly and emotional or there's something else going on but, though it's pretty rare for me to  get 'cravings' and even when i do it's usually for pretty basic things, for like a week i've been getting with a steady "potato chip + chocolate frosting. that's the place to be" and it's??? @myself what? no- who raised you??? i just think it's so ridiculous it's almost funny :P

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

unrelated to anything but one thing that's stood out to me in Moomin is that there's a bit about a girl who turned invisible due to some circumstances in her life, but when she came to stay with the Moomins and they were kind to her, she started to become visible again until all except her face could be seen. No matter how kind the Moomins were, though, her face just wouldn't show up. Then one day she was put in a situation where the only way out was to raise her voice because she needed to call for help. Her voice got stronger, and she got a little bit less timid. Later still, she got properly angry and expressed as much, and that's when her face finally appeared.

aaaaaAAAAA, I love this so much. Wow. That's a beautifully symbolic image and it makes me very happy!! I'm so glad she found her voice and her face!!

5 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

last note of weirdness, idk if it's because i'm still sniffly and emotional or there's something else going on but, though it's pretty rare for me to  get 'cravings' and even when i do it's usually for pretty basic things, for like a week i've been getting with a steady "potato chip + chocolate frosting. that's the place to be" and it's??? @myself what? no- who raised you??? i just think it's so ridiculous it's almost funny :P

Ummm, not gonna lie? That actually sounds delicious.  :o  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Miaulin said:

potato chip + chocolate frosting. that's the place to be

Sweet and salty, breh! It IS the place to be! My dad and I used to eat Fritos with chocolate. Mini Reese’s cups maybe? Or m&m’s, I don’t remember. :D 

Im glad you’re starting to feel a bit better! Good for you making your own rice ^_^ How’d it turn out?

That invisible girl is really cool symbolism. Self acceptance, allowing yourself to feel things, good stuff!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

aaaaaAAAAA, I love this so much. Wow. That's a beautifully symbolic image and it makes me very happy!! I'm so glad she found her voice and her face!!

it's been one of my favorite episodes so far :D the whole thing is just peppered with great stuff like that, too. there's a socially-anxious character who prefers to be alone most of the time, but limits his wandering to the winter months and always returns in the spring to be with his friend, who in turn respects that that friend often needs his own space. most of the characters are genuinely really sweet too, accepting others' differences and being kind even to potential enemies...but absolutely putting up a fight when it's called for.

21 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

Ummm, not gonna lie? That actually sounds delicious.  :o 

To also not lie, i am sorely considering picking up a bag of chips and a little can of frosting on payday...or making a small batch of homemade frosting. and doing a brief twirl as a chip-dip gremlin...

8 hours ago, Shadri said:

Sweet and salty, breh! It IS the place to be! My dad and I used to eat Fritos with chocolate. Mini Reese’s cups maybe? Or m&m’s, I don’t remember. :D 

Are Fritos...the cheese ones? :O Ahhhhh i'm sickened but curious! Heh, i always used to dip fries and/or chicken nuggets in Wendy's frosties but managed to think it was weird that mom liked potato chips on vanilla ice cream.

Im glad you’re starting to feel a bit better! Good for you making your own rice ^_^ How’d it turn out?

It was very edible! It's the 5-minute kind, it turned out almost like sushirice in texture even though it's supposed to be jasmine, but with the roasted vegetables it was okay. 

That invisible girl is really cool symbolism. Self acceptance, allowing yourself to feel things, good stuff!

aside from the adorable art style, the symbolism is one of the best parts of this show ^_^

--------------------------------------------------------------

Day Two:

have done nothing productive except watch some Moomin and attempt to make a soup (i say 'attempt' because...it did not turn out...)
last payday's groceries weren't planned as well as i thought, and so now everybody's critically low on foodstuffs. i still have some ingredients to try cobbling a basic veggie soup together tomorrow, and there is still rice so it's just a matter of hanging in there 'til friday night. i'm seriously contemplating asking grandad to get me a box of granola bars, though.

but something funny happened today!

i think in my confessional post ( :lol: ) i mentioned that my family had in the past been legitimately duped in terms of the homeschooling/graduation thing. well, the school that scammed us was actually sued by the Federal Trade Commission, and around January of 2018 my brother and i each had a check from them...something like, maybe twenty bucks each back from the couple hundred or more momsauce had paid. didn't think about it any more. today, in the mail, two slips from Federal Trade Commission. One for me, one for Broski. They said they still had some money left over from suing the school and had decided to send out a second and final round of checks to the poor beggars who'd been scammed. we got SIX ENTIRE DOLLARS. EACH. WOOOOO (no but it actually was a nice surprise considering that we weren't expecting anything)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

bahaha plot twist! quite unexpectedly some real funds came in and we were able to go get some food! it's enough to be a nice rescue and a bit of relief from our usual stress and i'm feeling really grateful (and surprised) for it!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Are Fritos...the cheese ones? :O Ahhhhh i'm sickened but curious!

Nooooo those are Doritos and that would be crossing the line xD Fritos are the little curly corn chip strips?

fritos-original.png?sfvrsn=b704563a_2

I’m so glad you guys were able to go get some food to tide you over till grocery day! What a blessing. :D 

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 12:42 AM, Shadri said:

Nooooo those are Doritos and that would be crossing the line xD Fritos are the little curly corn chip strips?

fritos-original.png?sfvrsn=b704563a_2

I’m so glad you guys were able to go get some food to tide you over till grocery day! What a blessing. :D 

Oh right, the little cornybois! That's not so bad then :lol:

it was a lovely surprise for sure! Hehe, not to trivialize it but it's making me remember that quote from Count of Monte Cristo, "Once again, Zatarra, God sees you out the corner of His eye", though i know in reality it's a lot more than just the corner ^_^

On 4/24/2019 at 1:59 AM, Salinger said:

Hey Mia, glad you got some funds through and were about to get some food stuff. !! Have a wonderful day :) xx

Thank yooooou! :D i hope you've had a good day too!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nothing much has been going on, been a little busy...so i guess the challenge starts for me on Monday :lol: biggest thing is that tomorrow momsauce and i get to go see Romeo and Juliet! oof i've been a little ridiculous about it, thinking i might actually do my hair a bit shmancy since it's gotten long enough now to fool around with XD we've also some errands to run like getting 'groceries and stuff. somehow i keep trying to not be excited for tomorrow but...i think being excited is okay :) we haven't been to a live show in probably two years or more now!

all by myself this evening as momsauce and broski are off to see Endgame, so i'm going to tidy up the kitchen some, watch a bit of Moomin, and work on the drawings i've been neglecting!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Miaulin said:

Oh right, the little cornybois! 

Miau I love you and am now officially calling Fritos THE LITTLE CORNYBOIS <3 <3 <3

18 hours ago, Miaulin said:

somehow i keep trying to not be excited for tomorrow but...i think being excited is okay :) we haven't been to a live show in probably two years or more now!

Holy FRICK yes this is SO OKAY!!!!  Please to report back on how it was, R&J is one of my favorites and I hope you both had an amazing time!!!!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, shaar said:

Miau I love you and am now officially calling Fritos THE LITTLE CORNYBOIS <3 <3 <3

Ehehe, glad to be of service :D

22 hours ago, shaar said:

Holy FRICK yes this is SO OKAY!!!!  Please to report back on how it was, R&J is one of my favorites and I hope you both had an amazing time!!!!

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Hope you enjoy Romeo and Juliet! Great job on your challenge with making small goals and doing them.

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

How was it Mia?xx

THE PLAY
WAS
MAGNIFICENT

as far as the dialogue was concerned, it was all the original script, but the set design and costumes were supposed to be more like the 1960's. Some of the characters, including Romeo, were wearing flannel (and on my life Romeo's was good) and there were tweeds and waistcoats and jeans and SWORDS and the fight scenes were fantastic and Mercutio wore a lavender leather jacket and stole wine from the Capulets and kissed one dude full on the mouth for about five entire seconds and also harassed Romeo just about constantly. Balthazar was played by a very petite flannel-clad sword-wearing lady and was down to fight anyone and also had this wonderfully dry delivery of most lines. Romeo was adorable and looked like a younger, fluffy-haired Sebastian Stan. He was entirely too adorable and he and Juliet had no business being as cute as they were in their scenes together. Mercutio and Benvolio were also wonderful. The first act of the play was actually really funny and almost all laughs, and much more somber in the second act kind of knowing everything was going downhill. In the first half you could almost forget the inevitable, so when it started to happen it was sort of 'noooooooooo don't do it' :lol: Romeo's death was particularly horrible and i thought for a moment he might need some paramedics irl because the actor really went for it and it was just...awful, bad, personally attacked me, slapped me and called me bad names it was terrible. but the saddest scene was actually earlier, the whole aftermath of Juliet's parents finding out about her faked death...though of course they didn't know it was fake. They'd just been so monstrous to her (especially the dad) to get her to marry Paris, only to find her supposedly dead  and the reactions were heartbreaking.  

this version also had some live music! Mercutio was actually in the little band and so were Paris and Peter and a couple others, and some of them had solos. It was nice music!

10/10 wonderful experience and now i'm excited for september when they show Hamlet!

(also for real, really truly for real Romeo was  s o  c u t e, the very cutest romeo i've ever seen except for the big orange cat named romeo my dad's mom used to have.)

Edit: okay and in terms of Challenge Stuff, i'm feeling pretty sick again as of last night and now the first half of today...persistent cold/allergies and it doesn't help that i've had some wheat recently. Today's jobs are to drink lots of water, get in a workout even if it's a small one, and do a bit of cleaning. The kittens have a new kennel coming tomorrow that'll need some space to set up. Also, i got some ingredients yesterday to make a cake! I'm saving that for perhaps Friday or Sunday :D

• Like 4

and here they are! R&J and that's Paris in the background (i didn't take pics against the rules these are just promotionals i've been able to find)

54381528_10157035472491753_7065508835879

and Mercutio!

RJ-7-by-Josh-Smith-www.josh-smith.com_.j

and Romeo and the Nurse!

tumblr_inline_pqq33pzgGs1uyw3yf_1280.png

DOES HE NOT LOOK LIKE BUCKY BARNES

edit: SAHFSAGHFKAJ THERE'S VIDEO

THE DUDE SINGING IS PARIS

• Like 5

OH MY GOODNESS MIAU HOW AMAZING AND WONDERFUL

I AM SO SO SO GLAD YOU GOT TO GO 

BUT DID YOU DO YOUR HAIR FANCY THO

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

OH MY GOODNESS MIAU HOW AMAZING AND WONDERFUL

I AM SO SO SO GLAD YOU GOT TO GO 

BUT DID YOU DO YOUR HAIR FANCY THO

YESSSSS i did indeed! i did a kind of overly complicated (for me) thing with, ponytail that was split into three dutch braids and then made into a bun via wrapping the braids around the base and then securing them in place there, and then the front/sides were rope braided and pulled back, and wrapped around the bun, and i left a little bit hanging loose in the front. Momsauce said i looked like lord of the rings, so i got to feel elfy the rest of the day ^_^ it was a total of five braids and four hair ties but it was pretty easy and fun!

--------------------------

Monday:

DID THE WORKOUT
DRANK THE WATER
and went ahead and made the cake! it's this one and oh my  goodness it actually works! you can't taste the blueberries at all and i don't understand why the cake works but it does! it might be just a liiiiiiiiiiitle bit too dark but if the cacao powder can be dialed back just a touch it'd be perfect. It makes a nice little tiny cake!

and also i'm still on about Romeo and Juliet,,,i've made so many memes about it today...and on an impulse tweeted to the theater that they should inform Mr. Romeo that he looks like Sebastian Stan and that i really enjoyed the Winter Soldier/Romeo and Juliet AU....and then the theater company...whoever keeps up with their social media...hearted my tweet....and i was embarrassed :P but i also came up with a silly alternate ending. The apothecary decides that because the poison is pretty valuable and worth good money, he could make double the profit by selling the same poison twice, and also prevent a death by giving Romeo time to cool down instead of going off and poisoning someone. So he takes the money for the poison...and gives Romeo two benadryl instead :lol: so Juliet wakes up in the crypt to find Romeo unharmed and alive, just a touch stoned and therefore briefly convinced Juliet is a ghost. But that's fine, it'll wear off in a few hours after all. (though where the apothecary got ye olde benadryl, who knows) of course...this probably doesn't help Paris very much...

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

YESSSSS i did indeed! i did a kind of overly complicated (for me) thing with, ponytail that was split into three dutch braids and then made into a bun via wrapping the braids around the base and then securing them in place there, and then the front/sides were rope braided and pulled back, and wrapped around the bun, and i left a little bit hanging loose in the front. Momsauce said i looked like lord of the rings, so i got to feel elfy the rest of the day ^_^ it was a total of five braids and four hair ties but it was pretty easy and fun!

Oh my!!! This sounds just lovely!  :D  :D  :D  It does sound like something that Arwen or Eowyn would do with their hair!!! How wonderful!

13 minutes ago, Miaulin said:

i also came up with a silly alternate ending. The apothecary decides that because the poison is pretty valuable and worth good money, he could make double the profit by selling the same poison twice, and also prevent a death by giving Romeo time to cool down instead of going off and poisoning someone. So he takes the money for the poison...and gives Romeo two benadryl instead :lol: so Juliet wakes up in the crypt to find Romeo unharmed and alive, just a touch stoned and therefore briefly convinced Juliet is a ghost. But that's fine, it'll wear off in a few hours after all. (though where the apothecary got ye olde benadryl, who knows) of course...this probably doesn't help Paris very much...

I DO NOT THINK THIS IS SILLY I LIKE IT V. MUCH

WAY BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL ENDING

WRITE FANFIC

• Like 2

wow, I've been missing your challenge... and I love it!

I love the snufkin.  I love the idea of being chill but persistent about stuff. 

I'm following along. 

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 11:00 PM, SkyGirl said:

Oh my!!! This sounds just lovely!  :D  :D  :D  It does sound like something that Arwen or Eowyn would do with their hair!!! How wonderful!

I DO NOT THINK THIS IS SILLY I LIKE IT V. MUCH

WAY BETTER THAN THE ORIGINAL ENDING

WRITE FANFIC

Thanks! I'll try to take a pic next time ^_^

THANK YOU FRIENDO I MIGHT SERIOUSLY ATTEMPT A FIC...to write it in shakespearean verse or to not, that is the question :lol:

On 4/30/2019 at 10:16 AM, TGP said:

wow, I've been missing your challenge... and I love it!

I love the snufkin.  I love the idea of being chill but persistent about stuff. 

I'm following along. 

Heyoo, nice to see you!

------------------------------------------

TUESDAY: Was a bit of a wash! I wound up being properly sick, or dissasociated, or something. It was one of those Episodes of being dizzy, and everything being this side of too loud, too bright, and everything just felt kind of 'loose' for lack of better description, like when i would go to move it would feel like i was trying to maneuver some sort of clunky robot rather than me, naturally...i could still function and fairly easily at that, but it all just felt off...and there was a bit of fever and sore throat/general malaise to go with so. i drank water and tea and got dragged back into Marvel because of dang Romeo looking like Sebastian Stan making me think about Bucky and get all my Feelings involved again.

WEDNESDAY: it'll be a job to get a workout in. to be honest i'm kind of in a "just wallow" mood again because there's some pressure to rehome the kittens. I'm trying not to be obnoxious and bratty about it as i know they'll be better off with someone else, but the particular situation is just reminding me of when mom's parents first moved in with us and forced me to give up my cat at that time, whom i'd had for a few years. that in turn just tends to stir up some icky feelings about the whole family backstory. all over cats. i've already done some crying about it and still feel sickish, would like very much to break dishes and yell but instead i'll give the house a scrub and probably try to keep my hands busy. 

hhhhhh in other news, i've been listening to this

i don't know anything about the movie it's from, but the words and the voice and the whole sound of the song feels like a lot to me. it hurts, but in a good way.

• Like 2