• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Theme: Weight loss and self love

I want to focus this challenge on self-improvement especially my fitness, physical appearance and social capabilities. I just came out a 3 year relationship and this was not easy but made me realizes that even though I moved forward in my work life I have not lead a balanced lifestyle the past 3 - 4 years.

I have lost social skills I have gained weight and became unfit. I want to commit to improving myself focusing on my physical health.

I am a network engineer and aspiring developer, my hobbies include schutzhund/IPO sports, rock climbing(I have not climbed in years), programming and some DnD. I love sci-fi movies and superhero movies.

I got to Nerd fitness while searching for a bodyweight routine. I like the idea of like-minded people working towards goals especially this four-week challenge concept.

My main goal is to lose at least 10kg within these 4 weeks

Diet:

·         Don’t finish the plate simply don't finish my plate of food. Also chewing properly.

·         Intermittent fasting Tuesday, Thursday, Sundays taking a break for 16 hours

Fitness:

·         Complete my training  program every day

o    My personal bodyweight routine in the morning

o    As well as my jogs at night

Level up your life:

·         Say one positive thing to yourself each morning when you look in the mirror

·         Put R300 into a savings account

I am looking forward to going on this quest with you guys :)

• Like 5

So my first day went a bit astray, I did not complete my bodyweight routine this morning I did go for a jog at night. I am going to put up reminders for my level up your life quest as well as the not finishing the plate. I end this day on 125.7 kg so my target weight is 110kg I shifted the goal to 15kg as I feel this attainable goal. I have already cut out carbs and sugars from my diet as well as eating smaller portions.  Taking this day by day.

• Like 1

Welcome to the rebellion!

On 4/20/2019 at 2:18 PM, Griesmeister said:

I just came out a 3 year relationship and this was not easy but made me realizes that even though I moved forward in my work life I have not lead a balanced lifestyle the past 3 - 4 years.

SOrry for the end of a long term relationship. Whether it was you or the ex that ended it, it's still a big world realigning event. So it's excellent that you recognized some of the shortcomings so quickly and are working towards making improvement, what seems pretty immediate.

19 hours ago, Zaphine said:

Mind sharing the nice things you say to yourself?  I like seeing those sorts of reports, too.

Mostly focusing on things that relate to being worth it, to just plain as simple as your awesome as this was something I once truly Believed, and know I still I am I just need to believe it. Going to focus on complementing my strong point as well. I am still at work latter give my daily report

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

Welcome to the rebellion!

SOrry for the end of a long term relationship. Whether it was you or the ex that ended it, it's still a big world realigning event. So it's excellent that you recognized some of the shortcomings so quickly and are working towards making improvement, what seems pretty immediate.

Thanks, man I have been realizing these things slowly but surely this break up was a catalyst to taking action. It just increased the speed at what I realized things need to change.

• Like 2

So my second day went a bit better than yesterday I forgot to keep track Of my intermittent fasting thus I am going to set up a schedule for all my goals. I am surprised at how easily I forget these things.

My weight for Day 2  is 125.4kg I am going to start documenting my measurements as well. I am posting this a day late as I was working late yesterday.  I managed to go for a jog after which I am also going to start documenting my time.

Al of a sudden I am having issues waking up early and falling asleep on time, any advice on this would be appreciated? I am already cutting down on the caffeine but I think I am going to set a curfew for 4 pm for my last cup.

My life goals of encouragement every morning did go well as well but I am going to start doing it every time I look in the mirror. I don't think one can get tired of hearing compliments

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Griesmeister said:

I am surprised at how easily I forget these things.

I do believe you just summed up Mrs Grumble's complaints about me in a sentence. 

Set calendar reminders on your phone. It's been life changing for me, especially since calendars are accessible from any electronic device with an internet connection.

For sleeping: Do you have a way to roughly track your sleep cycle? That really helped me and I kept a sleep diary for a couple of weeks.

I also found an app that tracked the half life of caffeine which was really surprising how long a cup of coffee stays in your system.

11 hours ago, Chaos22 said:

For sleeping: Do you have a way to roughly track your sleep cycle? That really helped me and I kept a sleep diary for a couple of weeks.

I also found an app that tracked the half life of caffeine which was really surprising how long a cup of coffee stays in your system.

4-6 hours, I believe. It's why they don't recommend caffeine after 2pm.

Your phone works surprisingly well as an active sleep tracker if you don't mind snuggling down with it overnight.

So the last few days of the previous week kind of derailed for me. As I only got home late after work my diet remained mostly intact as well as my fasting but unfortunately my exercise routine did not but this week started off with a bang. I went for a jogged yesterday and I am sure my time has decreased dramatically as my pace was much better than the previous week. I realize now that I need to track this better. My weight is 125.2 Kg so I have not dropped much but this is to be expected for not exercising for half of the week. I still find my self forgetting to compliment myself but I am working on that. I am disappointed by the fact that I didn't stick to my routine so I have decided it doesn't matter what the time is I can always go for a jog at least.  

So here is to starting over looking forward to this week and the challenges it may bring.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Griesmeister said:

So the last few days of the previous week kind of derailed for me. As I only got home late after work my diet remained mostly intact as well as my fasting but unfortunately my exercise routine did not but this week started off with a bang. I went for a jogged yesterday and I am sure my time has decreased dramatically as my pace was much better than the previous week. I realize now that I need to track this better. My weight is 125.2 Kg so I have not dropped much but this is to be expected for not exercising for half of the week. I still find my self forgetting to compliment myself but I am working on that. I am disappointed by the fact that I didn't stick to my routine so I have decided it doesn't matter what the time is I can always go for a jog at least.  

So here is to starting over looking forward to this week and the challenges it may bring.

I'm so impressed with you picking out the positives from last week and just taking it from where you are. It's easy to throw in the towel, so much harder to pep yourself back up - well done!