• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
UnquietBones

UnquietBones does favors for TomorrowSelf!

TomorrowSelf has had a rough day/week/month/year and it's time NowMe starts getting serious about setting TomorrowSelf up for wins again!

I've tried to respawn several times before last year and this year, but this time I have a brand new job (first week was last week) and a LOT less stress to mess up NowMe's plans. I'm considering this a fresh start, the past is the past and I won't hold myself to prior wins or prior failures. This is the last I will mention the negative past, because there's nothing YesterdaySelf can do to help us now... (alas!).

This first challenge is all about getting some routines in place to make TomorrowSelf's life easier to navigate. There are LOT of things I'd like to be doing in my tomorrows and I need to find ways to make the wins a little easies and the failures a little harder.

I'm doing some braindump 'where would I like to be' prep today and will do some real-world prep tomorrow to make MondaySelf off to a good start! :D

• Like 5

8 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

this time I have a brand new job (first week was last week) and a LOT less stress to mess up NowMe's plans.

This is very good news! I've seen you here now and then trying to get back on track but it seemed you had a lot to deal with. Wishing you luck in this new stage!

• Like 2

congrats on the new job! I really like the idea of not looking back on prior failures AND wins...sometimes when I think back to last summer (I had lost a bunch of weight, was eating so healthy and feeling so good, but then life got in the way and im back to square one) I definitely feel some type of way; here's to no looking back!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, m rips said:

congrats on the new job! I really like the idea of not looking back on prior failures AND wins...sometimes when I think back to last summer (I had lost a bunch of weight, was eating so healthy and feeling so good, but then life got in the way and im back to square one) I definitely feel some type of way; here's to no looking back!

Thank you! :)

Part of me wants to hang on to the old wins, but right now they're just trail markers for what worked then-- I have no idea if they'll still be on the path when I go adventuring again. We'll see if I pass any good memories, but I'm ready to make a new trail!

16 hours ago, zenLara said:

This is very good news! I've seen you here now and then trying to get back on track but it seemed you had a lot to deal with. Wishing you luck in this new stage!

Thank you! I've got my mud shoes on this time and am hoping to maintain traction! ;)

• Like 1

It occurred to me today that with the new job, I'm really not sure what TomorrowMe needs. So I am going to take notes tomorrow for all the things I hit where I could have used preparation the day before to make things smoother. I have some time before work (assuming I got to bed and wake up on time) so it's not as much of a 'hurry-get-out-the-door' as it used to be.

Because of an appointment midafternoon, I have some time after work that I wouldn't normally have to prep properly for the rest of the week.

I'm really looking forward to this challenge and getting back on the Assasin-y way of things! :D  (It's finally nice out, so I want to play outdoors! ;))

Sleep is the biggest issue I have right now, so for TomorrowMe I am gifting tonight's sleep... and we'll build from there!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

Sleep is the biggest issue I have right now, so for TomorrowMe I am gifting tonight's sleep... and we'll build from there!

That is a beautiful gift to give and receive. Following again. :)

• Like 1

The sleep gift was not as bountiful as I had hoped, but was more than the normal. Morning me was quite happy! :lol:    :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

The next thing I really wanted today was food! I made some notes on good snacks/lunch for work and something simple for breakfast. I had to leave early today for an apt, so I am working through lunch the rest of the week to make up for it (no paid time-off with the new job until June 1st, ugh!).

I am going to try again with the sleep tonight and am going to head out in the next 15min or so for a food run. One of the things I'd like to do is cook dinner this week (not sure I'll have time) as it's something I've found that enjoy. Sort of Zen Cooking! :)

I just finished mowing the lawns and picking up downed branched/limbs from the storm. If we never get another not-quite-a-tornado, I will be happy! :( (Somehow hurricanes aren't anywhere near as scary!)

I still have plenty of time left in the day to do things, so if I get more positive things done, I'll come back and post and update for the happy tracking! :D

Wins: Taking notes on what to do for TomorrowSelf, mowing the lawn (whole yard), playing kickball with the dog until he gave up, cleaned today's trash out of the car, bought groceries for the rest of the week, updated the battlelog, and now I'm off to take a nice hot shower to relax and then will be curling up to read before bed! ! :encouragement:

• Like 3

Today was a long day, but I made progress in Being Useful at work! :D I did one tiny little ticket, but it was more than zero, so yay!

Sadly, YesterdaySelf had their sleep gift done in by the dogs, who woke me up at 2am to let me know they needed to go out. So I got two naps instead of one good night's sleep. Alas.

But the attempt was made! :)

We went out for dinner, because it was a longer than normal day and I was a bit burnt out. I'm working 8:30ish-6pm this week to make up for the lost hours, so I may have been overly optimistic thinking I would have the energy to cook. But tomorrow will be a better day (with more sleep!) and I have my hopes up. :encouragement:

I did a load and a half of laundry today, so TomorrowSelf won't have to hunt for clothes, and the food that YesterdaySelf got for lunches worked out great today. There were a few more things I had hoped to get done today for TomorrowSelf, but a long workday + bad sleep is a valid reason to take a breather.

I'm going to go hydrate up and read a book... and then get some sleeps!

Little by little I will get better at this and little by little TomorrowSelf's life will get easier! :D 

• Like 2

I love all of this. Several years ago, a therapist asked me what it would look like if I treated myself with the same respect I give to others. This is like a beautiful example of that loveliness. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Manarelle said:

I love all of this. Several years ago, a therapist asked me what it would look like if I treated myself with the same respect I give to others. This is like a beautiful example of that loveliness. 

I actually got the idea from a comment someone made about their therapy and how the person would go out of their way to help everyone else... but never themselves. It really struck a chord! :)

Today I took a moment to thank YeserdaySelf for helping to make my day easier. I still feel like there's a LOT I could be doing to help TomorrowSelf, but I am a million times better off than I was when I was focused solidly on what I hadn't done the day before. 

Today I was able to cook dinner when I got home because I had gotten all the ingredients when I went shopping the other day (yay!). I had enough time in the morning to drop off donuts with my old coworkers (today was a stressful day for them) and still get to my new job early enough to relax in the parking lot a bit before I went into work. I remembered to go get new tops, thanks to the reminder I set yesterday and those are now in the dryer, awaiting TomorrowSelf to put them away.

I got to bed earlier than my normal time yesterday and I'm hoping to get to sleep even earlier than that tonight! :D

With luck, but the end of the challenge, I will have gotten TomorrowSelf set up to where I am rarely eating out, am walking on the treadmill or outside almost every day, and where I feel organized and moving up the hill to a better me! :)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

Today I was able to cook dinner when I got home because I had gotten all the ingredients when I went shopping the other day (yay!). I had enough time in the morning to drop off donuts with my old coworkers (today was a stressful day for them) and still get to my new job early enough to relax in the parking lot a bit before I went into work. I remembered to go get new tops, thanks to the reminder I set yesterday and those are now in the dryer, awaiting TomorrowSelf to put them away.

I got to bed earlier than my normal time yesterday and I'm hoping to get to sleep even earlier than that tonight! :D

22-079.jpg

• Like 1

Today was a slower day, I've been having sleeping problems all week so that just reinforces the fact that I need to focus hard on this to start with. *rolls up sleeves*

I was able to get to work right at the time I'm aiming for without having to rush since I timed how long things took the other day and was able to properly estimate! :D Yay!

I packed my lunch, got a lot of heavy focusing in at work, and cleaned the fish pond filter when I got home. Not the most exciting (or productive) of days, but I feel quite accomplished! I think the new job is really helping to unwind my stress levels back into normal-human level. I'm really itching to get back into doing creative things after work, which is a good sign. (With the old job I would come home and go to sleep or just surf imgur for hours.)

I've got a bit of a cold, so I'm heading to bed in a moment, but wanted to swing by the forums and update before I go hibernate! :sleeping:

I hope everyone has a great Friday! :D:D:D

• Like 1

On 4/26/2019 at 2:47 AM, UnquietBones said:

I'm really itching to get back into doing creative things after work, which is a good sign

Yes indeed. What is it that you would do?

• Like 1

Good gravy I got a bit off track there! :lol:

But whilst my forum posting roll was, err, de-rolled? the rest of the experiment for this challenge is going quite nicely! I've started thinking ahead more often and being much more thoughtful about my small fails. I'm trying to focus on the why of things instead of getting annoyed at myself for forgetting.

Work is being awesomely awesome still and my new coworkers like me (yay!) and I'm learning a BUNCH of new stuff... but I'm also being useful! :D I was effective (at least a little) much faster than I had thought I'd be and I'm finally to a point where I am looking forward to work and learning more coding. I'm happy again and it's so, I dunno, heartbreaking to look back at how miserable I was without realizing it. I have so many bad habits like comfort food (aka fast food) nomming that are pointless now that are much easier to set aside because the unhappy that was feeding them is gone.

So yay! :D

I really think by next challenge I'kk be ready to do an actual fitness goal! Woot! :D:D:D

I've finished resculpting the Fat Pony magnet so I can get clean casts of it... and also ended up doing a pegasus version and two unicorn versions! There's also a fat mer-horse in the works, but it's a side project. :D

I've been doing small bits of cleaning and decluttering and I've mowed the lawn twice when I didn't feel like it but knew it needed to be done... I have energy again! 

The new schedule has made it much harder to cook dinner, I get home, cook, eat... and then really should start getting ready for bed. Instead of sleeping 9-5, I've been going to bed at 11pm and sleeping through my alarms until 7, Not a good plan.

But I'm working on figuring out why I'm staying up late surfing the web and am going to try and unravel that. I got an audiobook version of The Power of Habit that I'm listening too and hopefully something will click. :)

Onwards! :D:D

• Like 2

On 4/29/2019 at 5:23 AM, zenLara said:

Yes indeed. What is it that you would do?

So. Many. Hobbies. ... :lol:

Right now I am in the middle of sculpting-mold making-resin casting-painting-packaging design adventure! There is a model horse store in Maine that has agreed to take on my Fat Pony magnets as consignment items and I'm working out a mass-production plan for them. Which means making a better sculpture so I could make a cleaner mold (which means less prep-work), and that's been a fun adventure! 

But I also do painting and plaster casting and model horse customizing and 1:32 and 1:64 prop-building (for the model horses) and writing and making images for the Saturday Story Prompts and revamping the website and coding computer games and and and... There are very few hobbies I've met that I didn't like! :lol:

• Like 3

8 hours ago, UnquietBones said:

I have so many bad habits like comfort food (aka fast food) nomming that are pointless now that are much easier to set aside because the unhappy that was feeding them is gone.

This is very good news.

Glad to see you've kept yourself busy!

• Like 1