• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Lateral Planet

Lateral Planet Lives to Eat

52 minutes ago, Tateman said:

That all sounds delicious :)

It was delicious! I know because I totally failed to resist at morning tea just now. I had a slice of my zucchini cake, an orange cake and a chocolate cake (all very small slices I promise) and a mini quiche. So that's a no for IF today, but that's OK because those cakes were worth it! Back on track tomorrow. 

Actually now that I've said that maybe not. It's election day tomorrow and I'm planning to walk down to the polling place and back (about 5km, I think), so that's a big win for exercise. But there's a tradition in Australia of the democracy sausage: at every polling place there's a barbecue and you get a free sausage sandwich. So I can vote in the afternoon and get a sandwich or vote in the morning and try to resist. But damn it's hard to walk past a free barbecue!

• Like 2

When I got home today I reran yesterday's mission without the puppy and it was so much faster! In the same timeframe I went nearly a whole kilometre (about 3/4 mile) further. And now I'm knackered. Hopefully my legs won't be too sore for a walk tomorrow!

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Lateral Planet said:

Actually now that I've said that maybe not. It's election day tomorrow and I'm planning to walk down to the polling place and back (about 5km, I think), so that's a big win for exercise. But there's a tradition in Australia of the democracy sausage: at every polling place there's a barbecue and you get a free sausage sandwich. So I can vote in the afternoon and get a sandwich or vote in the morning and try to resist. But damn it's hard to walk past a free barbecue!

We totally need this in the United States :) Need to get that voter turn out haha

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Whisper said:

This needs to be a things in every democracy!

6 hours ago, Tateman said:

We totally need this in the United States :) Need to get that voter turn out haha

I highly recommend it! Although I misremembered; it was actually $2.50 for a sausage sandwich. Voting is compulsory here so there's a captive audience for fundraising.

I figured I'd get it over with and walked down this morning. It was super hilly though so I did work up an appetite and got myself a sausage afterwards. I took a different way home which was a bit longer but a lot flatter, so all up it was 5.5km (about 3.5mi). And now I'm done for the day, my legs are so tired! Worth it, though!

2085353310_2019-05-1811_00_29.thumb.jpg.bd2810e27fa9a72c9cfc5f9dea0142b4.jpg

• Like 2

It's been a quiet sort of a weekend to wrap up the challenge, slightly marred by PMS, or premenstrual snacking. I've had a fair bit of chocolate in the last few days, is what I'm saying.

After my democracy sausage on Saturday we just did oven chips for lunch, so it wasn't a super healthy start. We went out for dinner and got a Turkish banquet for two. Awkwardly, when the platter of tasty meats came out there was three of everything instead of just two, so we suspected we'd been given the wrong plate. But when we flagged someone down to double-check they let us keep it anyway, so free food, yay! I managed not to overeat, but I had enough that I wasn't tempted by snacks at the cinema. John Wick was great, by the way :)

Today also went well, a nice lazy Sunday. Had a sandwich for lunch and then I did ravioli for dinner, so there's leftovers for lunch tomorrow as well. Didn't do any exercise but there are plans for orienteering tomorrow.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tateman said:

Ahh yes, the new John Wick is out. Maybe I can sneak off to watch it soon :)

Yeah maybe leave the kids at home for that one ;) As much as I enjoy those movies, there were a couple of moments where I had to look away from the screen! 

• Like 1

Week 4 recap: Feels like a good week. I did some exercise and managed not to go completely overboard with snacking, win!

1) Intermittent fasting = 4/7

I was tempted by morning snacks on two days, and handicapped by a late dinner on one. But even on the days I didn't manage a 16-hour fast, I wasn't too far off!

2) Track all food = 7/7

Been keeping mindful about snacking and it's paying off, I think.

3) Exercise = 4/7

No half-measures this week, just lots of running and big, long walks.

Result: No change! That's fine by me, and it's a net weight loss for the challenge overall. I certainly could be more strict about what I'm eating, but I feel good about the exercise I did this week. Maybe in the next challenge I'll crank it up a notch.

• Like 2