• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Valette

Advice on Picking a New Style

Hi, I really enjoy martial arts, probably insofar that I'm retaining "moderate" skill forever, and that's okay with me! I have experience in karate, hapkido, and kickboxing. I also took boxing lessons to improve my striking for kickboxing.  Currently, I'm just doing really basic kickboxing workouts on my own, so I'm missing out on the allure and enjoyment of working with a group of people. I think it would be a welcome and humbling experience to kind of find another style to learn and challenge myself with now that I have a summer off.

Any recommendations? Thoughts?  Questions?

Love you guys~! Keep up the small bites of progress, and thank you for inspiring me with your rich narratives and insights. :)

• Like 1

That's a super fair point. Thanks for taking the time to respond.  I'll see what we have in terms of grappling, etc. It sounds like you do judo? That's awesome!

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 1:21 PM, Teirin said:

Sounds like grappling would complement your other arts?  You have loads of striking. 

Seconding this. Check availability options, and evaluate highest ROI on time.

Cool guys. Thank you for your insights!  I found a couple of places, one that has tons of Muay Thai classes with BJJ/MMA once a week and wrestling another day; another school that focuses karate but has judo 4x plus a night for jujutsu; and finally another school that has judo twice a week and BJJ twice a week and loads of Xfit classes.  The first option is closer, but the latter two are only about 20 minutes away and seem to dedicate more time to grappling.  No prices yet. :)

• Like 1