• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

The one in which Fonzico does not go crazy.

I mean, I AM tempted to go crazy, but it's probably not for the best in the long run.

My busy season (aka disc golf season) is beginning. Which means I very rarely have free weekends anymore - not only do the hubs and I play in a large number of tournaments, but we also sell shirts and hats at the events.

So what little free time I do have is spent making said hats and shirts. And practicing disc golf.

And I love it, I really do. But I miss my downtime.

And also my house tends to get a little out of hand, which makes me anxious.

And by god I've been eating like an idiot lately and I need to get that under control. Fonzico. Eating well will make you feel better, dammit!

So anyways. This challenge is all about managing the crazies that all of the above tends to inspire.

I'm going to take my goals week by week - this challenge includes two tournaments and a concert, aka 7 days of travel, plus a bachelorette party... So I want to make sure whatever I'm aiming for is achievable each week, so I don't just throw in the towel.

There is only one firm 4 week goal:

Don't. Buy. Food. At. Work.

I'm giving myself exactly 1 free pass on this, but I'm going to strongly suggest I wait until at least the half way point before redeeming it.

Week One Goals:

Brush teeth after dinner: x6

(I'm trying this as a new strategy to minimize evening snacking)

Eat at least 3 servings (1/2 cup, or 1 cup of greens = a serving) of vegetables with dinner x7

Use the YouAte (mindful eating app) X5

Clean the kitchen before bed x5

Alright. Time to do the thing.

• Like 8

Week one has been very half-assed so far.

Monday:
Ate veggies
Used the app
Didn't buy food

We were at the inlaws for dinner, so I brushed my teeth when I got home? But maybe I wouldn't have eaten so much dessert if I could have done it there

And I cleaned the kitchen

Tuesday:
Write-off, failed at everything.

Wednesday:
I tried.
I did eat my veggies.
I semi attempted to clean the kitchen.
I used the app on my lunch
I didn't brush my teeth after dinner though.
I didn't buy food, but I had to white-knuckle my way through that one. It was a near thing.

I worked a couple hours of overtime yesterday, and my brain was done by the time I got home.
I feel like I ate all evening... But really I had seconds of dinner (cauliflower mushroom chicken casserole) and had some whipped cream. It probably could have been worse.

I was all up in my head though and generally feeling shitty.

Sigh.

I'm not sure yet how I feel today. Except like I'm maybe getting sick, so that's not cool.

Alright alright alright. Shake it off.

Today: I'm going to make my evening reminders to brush my teeth and use the app alarms on my phone rather than notifications.

• Like 5

Hi! Hope your Week 1 is going well so far! 
I'd be interested to know how you like that mindful eating app.
It would be better if I used it regularly!
It's not a perfect tool, but I like the idea still. Especially if I'm not tracking macros, I think it's a good way to be cognizant of what I'm eating.

When I actually remember to take a picture before I eat, I find it does help me remember to slow down, so that's good.
  • Like 1

Yesterday started out rough - I was still feeling the mood of the day before.
I was HELLA grumpy at work.
And I really dislike not clearing (metaphorically) my desk by the end of the day, but I had THREE files that I couldn't get dealt with. Haha it's not actually a big deal, but it pissed me off.

But I actually had a good evening. I had to finish up a recipe box I'm decorating for my friend's wedding shower tomorrow, which I mostly did - I just need to reattach the hinges. I made chili. I walked the dogs. I had a couple glasses of wine.

And hubs was playing in the final of our local disc golf match play event (it's like...elimination skins? Whoever wins the most holes (as opposed to the lowest overall score) moves on to the next round)
Which he won! And he got an ace :)

So he moves on to the provincial finals. If he wins THAT (unlikely, but you never know) he can go to the US finals in Kansas!

So anyways. Obviously he was in a great mood, and I am super proud of him. So a good night.

Oh and I at least made a respectable effort at kitchen cleaning.

Today has been much better.

Oh but I've been failing hard at my not buying food at work goal... Yikes. Try harder next week..

Tonight = cleaning out the car, because I'm driving the bride to be to her shower tomorrow... And it's supposed to snow. Like, a lot. So getting that done tonight most def needs to happen.

• Like 6

On 4/27/2019 at 12:46 AM, Fonzico said:

So he moves on to the provincial finals. If he wins THAT (unlikely, but you never know) he can go to the US finals in Kansas!

Congratulations for hubby! Still very impressive, whether he wins the next round or not.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:46 AM, Fonzico said:

Today has been much better.

Good for you! The rest will pick up as you get rolling on the challenge. I have absolute trust in you :loyal:

• Like 1

Glad today was better. Can't believe you guys are still getting snow. Did your area miss the spring is here memo?
Ugh, right? And it snowed a bit more again yesterday, and it didn't all melt and booooo! I'm so unimpressed.
Good for you! The rest will pick up as you get rolling on the challenge. I have absolute trust in you :loyal:
You are right! See below.
  • Like 1

Alright, I'm just going to call week one a write-off, and have an amazing 3 week challenge.

Saturday was a loooong day (11am to 1:30am the next morning?) but it was actually super fun.

I wasn't hung over, per se, yesterday, but I was exhausted. And still eating like a fool. But I did a little laundry, roasted some vegetables and walked the dogs, so it wasn't a total waste.

Our first disc golf tournament is this weekend! As usual I'm stressed because we have way too much to get ready. Sigh. When will we learn? I'm going to have to be productive tonight and Wednesday evening.

Okay, goals. Basically the same as last week, but I'm actually going to do them this time.

Brush teeth after dinner: x4

Eat at least 3 servings (1/2 cup, or 1 cup of greens = a serving) of vegetables with dinner x7

Use the YouAte (mindful eating app) x4

Clean the kitchen before bed x3

I've already started planned for our food for the weekend (we'll be gone Fri-Sun). We'll go out to eat Saturday night, but I'm trying to make every other meal homemade and healthy.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Okay, goals. Basically the same as last week, but I'm actually going to do them this time.

Ha, I feel you here! I can't even count how many times in my life I've said basically this exact same sentence. You can do it!

• Like 1

New week, new start!

Being productive during the week, after work, is SO hard but even without busy weekends it's always rewarding!

• Like 1

Hope you have a great time at the tournament, even if it is a big push to get ready.

• Like 1

Ha, I feel you here! I can't even count how many times in my life I've said basically this exact same sentence. You can do it!
Right?! But thank you for the support!
New week, new start!
Being productive during the week, after work, is SO hard but even without busy weekends it's always rewarding!
I feel like it should be so doable, but reality indicates otherwise...
Hope you have a great time at the tournament, even if it is a big push to get ready.
Thanks! I ended up taking Wednesday off so I'd have time to get caught up.
  • Like 2

Yesterday was a move in the right direction.
Not really very good, goal-wise: the only one I hit was eating veggies with dinner.
But I'm feeling better and today is going to be much improved!

Tonight is disc golf league night (well, preseason) but it's SNOWING again. So I don't know. Especially since I don't think all the snow from the weekend even melted at the course yet. I violently detest playing in the snow.
But I need practice before the tournament!

I'm playing one last event in intermediate before moving up to advanced, which significantly drops my chances of winning anything..
But I still need to bring my game if I want to win this one before I resign myself to a summer of losses!
(Haha that sounds so dismal, but it's a good thing, really - playing with players who are better than me will help me improve, and obviously I'm going to try my absolute best, but I'm just being realistic)

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Fonzico said:

I'm playing one last event in intermediate before moving up to advanced, which significantly drops my chances of winning anything..
But I still need to bring my game if I want to win this one before I resign myself to a summer of losses!

Hoping and wishing you all the best for this last intermediate game! You can do it! :loyal:

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Right?! But thank you for the support!I feel like it should be so doable, but reality indicates otherwise...Thanks! I ended up taking Wednesday off so I'd have time to get caught up.

It is a real, hard thing. We work a full day, probably circumventing our natural sleep pattern and body rhythms, putting our energy towards the goals of the company (which rarely align with our own), and then come home and try to work towards our own goals! Adulting is hard :) 

23 hours ago, Fonzico said:

Yesterday was a move in the right direction.
Not really very good, goal-wise: the only one I hit was eating veggies with dinner.
But I'm feeling better and today is going to be much improved!

Tonight is disc golf league night (well, preseason) but it's SNOWING again. So I don't know. Especially since I don't think all the snow from the weekend even melted at the course yet. I violently detest playing in the snow.
But I need practice before the tournament!

(Haha that sounds so dismal, but it's a good thing, really - playing with players who are better than me will help me improve, and obviously I'm going to try my absolute best, but I'm just being realistic)

Yay for this positivity! Also WHAT IT IS SNOWING in your area...I know you're up north but it is warm and muggy here so I can hardly imagine...

You are LITERALLY leveling up and that is freaking awesome.

• Like 1

Hoping and wishing you all the best for this last intermediate game! You can do it! :loyal:
Thank you! I keep waffling, thinking maybe I should just move up now... But ultimately, I think not. I shouldn't feel guilty - my rating is still closer to the other intermediate players.

And this was the first "real" (sanctioned, 2-day) tournament I ever played, and I won it... I want to win it one last time! Haha

And also they historically have been very generous with the prizes. So maybe a little bit of greed too, to be totally honest.
Yay for this positivity! Also WHAT IT IS SNOWING in your area...I know you're up north but it is warm and muggy here so I can hardly imagine...
You are LITERALLY leveling up and that is freaking awesome.
It. Just. Won't. Stop.
6d8962fc5a2b8a0c5778116d0d9d058a.jpg
Taking a day off sounded like a brilliant move.
It was SO the right choice. We got lots done, but also I think it was super helpful for my husband to have me there to talk through some decisions and to organize what he needs to do today. Honestly, taking today off instead would have been way less helpful.
Not the most exciting way to spend a vacation day, but worth it!
  • Like 4

The last couple days have been much better!

I did bail on playing disc golf on Tuesday - work was exhausting and the weather was crappy and I just didn't want to. But I WAS productive and got our inventory updated, so that's good at least.

Food choices were improved. I had some leftover cake at work, but it was delicious and I stopped eating it when that stopped being intensely true.

I'm really trying to explore this whole mindful eating thing. I still forget to use the app most of the time, but I'm getting better at eating more slowly and checking in with my actual hunger.
And my evening snacking has been nonexistent the last couple days so I feel like it's having a positive effect.

Yesterday was very productive - we focused on getting hoodies made, because it's not going to be very nice out and they have the highest profit margin :)
This is definitely the best selection we've ever had! My only concern is that if it's rainy out, it's going to be a challenge...
But we're giving out $5 off coupons to all the amateur players, which has been a hugely successful ploy in the past.

Eh, we'll see how it goes!

So I need to grab groceries and prep our meals for the weekend after work today. We'll eat out Saturday night, and take advantage of the continental breakfast, but other than that, we'll eat what I bring - try to keep it healthy and inexpensive.

I'm planning on utilizing a thermos too so we can have a hot meal between rounds.

Anyways! I'm excited, it should be a good time!

• Like 4