• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Fonzico

The one in which Fonzico does not go crazy.

Well, I've succeeded in not going crazy yet (not making myself miserable with stress), so that's a win.

The tournament...
Well.
It was fun, I'll say that. The weather was ridiculous - super cold and windy on the first day. Of course, everyone struggles to play in the wind, making it a slow round plus with being bundled up and tense from shivering, it was exhausting!
I was 6 strokes behind the two ladies tied for first after the first round.
I tied one of the them and beat the other by 2 strokes in the 2nd round.

And then on Sunday, when we woke up to a couple inches of SNOW on the ground! (It melted half way through, but it made for an interesting, if slushy start) I had the best round in our division of the whole weekend and missed catching up to 1st by ONE STROKE! Gah. So whatever. I took 2nd at least.

Hubs won his division though! So proud!

But anyway, with the weather sucking so much, people didn't really want to hang out outside. We didn't sell much - enough to pay for the hotel room, so it does help a little.

I'm much more hopeful for next weekend - we'll be set up indoors, and it'll be more of a "hang out at the course and party" atmosphere. And we're staying right on site in our trailer.

Goals wise, I've been doing very little. I barely remember what they are.
I'm trying to make good food choices, but still struggling with evening snacking.
I did make a meal plan for this week though, which should help somewhat.

• Like 3

On 5/10/2019 at 9:01 AM, Fonzico said:

Goals wise, I've been doing very little. I barely remember what they are.

I know this feeling :-)

• Like 2

Congrats to your husband! I went to post my week 3 wrap up of my goals and had to look up what they were because I'd forgotten them. I think next challenge it is just going to be very basic goals, Eat smart, move a bit , that sort of thing

• Like 3

Wow, what a game and so chuffed that you managed to catch up and nearly win in that atrocious weather! And congratulations to your hubby too! :loyal::applouse:

All the best for the next game.

Hope you have a good week 3 week 4! even though I just realised we're half way through the week already :D

Edited by elizevdmerwe
  • Like 1

Despite the radio silence, I am, in fact, alive.

And shockingly not crazy! Considering how stupid busy we've been, I'm amazed at how not stressed out I am.

Honestly I think a lot of it has to do with my husband's mental health being SO SO much better this year - it is such an incredible improvement... And I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but this has been going on for months now.

Anyways!

Disc golf tournament time again! I can't remember if I mentioned this, but we're bringing our plotter and heat press so we can do custom stuff on site. Hopefully it goes well!

It's supposed to be crappy weather again, but at least our shop will be set up inside. And people will want to hang out inside!

Plus we're borrowing my FIL's trailer which is much fancier than ours, so we'll be camping in luxury!

I'm playing in the advanced women's division for the first time... I'm not really going to worry about how I place, I just want to beat myself out there :)

• Like 3

On 5/17/2019 at 3:20 PM, Fonzico said:

Honestly I think a lot of it has to do with my husband's mental health being SO SO much better this year - it is such an incredible improvement... And I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop but this has been going on for months now.

I can relate. Our husbands' attitude has a big influence on our ability to handle things. I've seen the change in B over the last year, and the change in our marriage, and thus the change in how I manage to handle things.

All the best for this weekend. I hope you make a killing selling the shirts!

• Like 1

Hope you have a great tournament. The custom shirts sound really cool!
I can relate. Our husbands' attitude has a big influence on our ability to handle things. I've seen the change in B over the last year, and the change in our marriage, and thus the change in how I manage to handle things.

All the best for this weekend. I hope you make a killing selling the shirts!
The shirt selling went great! It paid for our weekend, anyways, so it was worth it!
I am exhausted though - there was no resting, just go go go.
I came in last, as I predicted I would, but I'm not unhappy. My first round was really bad, but I was more competitive with the other two women on the 2nd and 3rd rounds than I expected to be. I even beat one of them and was only one stroke behind the other in the 2nd round.

Neither my hubby nor my brother did very well either, but it was still a fun weekend all round.

I admit that I did get a little bit crazy at times, but overall, the sanity levels are high.

Now I guess it's time to put together another challenge - one of my goals should be to actually check in on it more regularly...

I'm sorry I was a crappy challenge partner this go-round but I so appreciate you all checking in on me! I can't promise to be very much better next time, but I will promise to try.
  • Like 3