• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

jcmgm

jcmgm Here we (still) go

... Ok.. ok ok.. cool cool cool cool cool cool
This month I've got a plan, a big plan. Huge. Lots of goals.

giphy.gif

Let's break it down
Body

• Walk to Mordor
    • I've started to walk again, ditching the car so I'm adding 30' of walking every day.
  • Run, run, run.
    • Once a week I'll go sprinting. Most likely hill sprints to make it easier on my knees. (Having run two 10k I know long ones make me bored so, fast and hard). Preferably, on Saturday.

(If weather is bad... I will do it on an indoor bike, watching something on tv)

• Lift the world
    • KTB workouts thrice a week (Monday, Wednesday and Friday). Swings, Squats and Deadlifts x15, 3 sets
  • Yoga and mobility
    • Yoga every day... I'm going strong with my Yoga teacher training, I have to do 4 classes obligatory per week. I've started to do some yoga sessions at home also.

Mind

• Write
    • I want to write every day. Right now I'm writing 4-5 times per week. So let's turn up the volume a little bit and get to the whole week.
  • Read
    • Reading was something I did all the time, but since smartphones appeared, and Internet so accessible, I've been reading less and less (books). So 30 minutes every day is my baseline goal.

Soul

• Art/music
    • I want to get back to draw and play music every day, so I'll be drawing or playing the piano. Trying to get back used to read sheets... so hard.
  • Meditate
    • Everyday, at least 5 minutes, in connection with my breath, and myself

Biology

Ok, these are not daily goals or habits but weekly.

Week 1: Organize with the aquarium and fix the penguin box for me measurements

Week 2: Start working with R and GLM for publishing my thesis

Week 3: Prepare infographics or threads for SciComm

Week 4: Continue learning R and SciComm

It is a lot... But I work better this way

giphy.gif

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

I like how your goals are a mix of body , soul, and mind.

That's all the yoga training and practice... We are. Our body, our mind, our *insert most favoured term here* (soul, spirit, conciousness, attention). And everythings is connected.

One is all, all is one.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Love the goals - I also need to read more and meditate more! Good luck I’ll be following xx

It's so easy to go for the dopa-fix of the phones.
The good thing is that you can implement mindfulness into anything you do and that is just as good as sitting meditating... it's an action as well as a state of mind.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jcmgm said:

Reading was something I did all the time, but since smartphones appeared, and Internet so accessible, I've been reading less and less (books). So 30 minutes every day is my baseline goal.

I love this! I also haven't been reading as much as I would like lately. Excuse me as I borrow your idea and make this a habit to track in my planner ;) 

• Like 2

Extra side quests that would be great to get done=

• No more diet coke during weekdays (I'll give myself some treat, if I want it on weekends)
  • Marie Kondo-ing the house.
    • My house is a mess, some rooms actually. I've got all the penguins' equipment waiting for me to arrange and start measuring penguins again, the boxes for the respirometry set, the metabolic box, big photos I've printed and are waiting for a destination (being framed, hang up, or stored for future use), boxes full of notebooks, papers. "Outer order, inner focus" I've read that somewhere and it's true, at least for me
  • Show up here and be a part.

I found out that while I care, and try, I just end up not showing up, feeling like "who cares"... Well I care.
Want to feel like this guy who yesterday got first place and his 2nd championship this year.  All of us feeling like this at the end. 

57485569_1061936574017292_84363323451532

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

Great inspiration!!!

The sea and all related it is!

Quick update: This week I'll be doing only 2 sets of the KTB exercises.
That's my top still mantaining proper form.

• Like 2

Okk! Tuesday recap. Yesterday was a good day, until I felt a sudden and unexpected pain on my left knee. So right now I've got pain there, on my right hip aductor, on my left scapula and on my neck. I'll be exploring my posture trying to find why it is zigzagging. My scientific mind tells me it's all connected.

But hey! Managed to do all my yoga classes and process all the photos pending. I've read and written. I have scheduled to restart my measurements. So this week phd goal is DONE :D (I've added a daily task, so I don't feel like I'm doing nothing when I'm not measuring or analysing those results, I'll be reading a paper a day, to ease into the background of my area)

• Like 4

On 4/26/2019 at 7:52 AM, Salinger said:

Hey there JC, how you doing?Xx

It's going well! finally resting after a very busy Thursdays and Friday. A Humpback whale appeared a few kilometers up north from Mar del Plata (my city) so we went there to work and try to see what had happened. Apparently, it was tangled up in ropes.
So it was a depressing start for the weekend.

• Sad 2

Ok! Week 2 is here so let's recap.

Walk = 3/7

Run= 0/1 didn't manage to do it with the stranded whale and posterior work

Lift= 1/3

Yoga=4/7

Write= 5/7

Read= 4/7

PhD reading = 2/5

Cleaning/order= 5/7

Eating=2/7

It was an average week. Wasn't so bad but the energetic start got derailed at the end of the week.

Today started as a good day. Did my PhD work already and got planned my yoga and KTB sessions for the noon.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Salinger said:

Can we see your drawings!!? Xx

oh that's embarrasing! haha. Let me see if I got a decent photo... I may be a photographer but my phone camera lens is full of scratches.
12235123_10156177066910591_4515208950358

The first Orca I saw in my life (and only one for now), passing by our city. An old female it is (hope that it is still alive).
12193440_10156152053530591_5319580645511

The spot where we sat to drink some Mates (I guess you never had one of those... or yes
 if you had met an Argentinean)

1 minute ago, NicTheRugger said:

What's your PhD on?! That's super exciting.

I'm part of the Marine Mammal Research group of Mar del Plata (my city and the National University in here) but my PhD is on the metabolic effects of oiling in Magellanic penguin
This little fella!

11846615_10155893145310591_5511339099337

• Like 2

Lovely, they really are! Sort of like the sketches from Winnie the Pooh...that sort of illustration! Well thats what came to mind right away. 

Thanks for sharing x

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jcmgm said:

I'm part of the Marine Mammal Research group of Mar del Plata (my city and the National University in here) but my PhD is on the metabolic effects of oiling in Magellanic penguin

That's so cool! What cute birds. Wishing you the best of luck with your research!

15 hours ago, jcmgm said:

I'm still shouting from the GoT episode.

Me too, oh my gosh. There was so much happening. I don't want to spoil it for other people, so all I'm going to say is ARYA!! MVP!!

• Like 1

Okkk.. recap.

Was a lazy week. It seems that I'm one on and one off.

All the great energy just seems to fade.

Let's take one day at a time, instead of worrying of the whole week. I've already written and I'm off to the University now. After work I'll do at least one set of the KTB routine, my knee is feeling nice. And one yoga session.

Also I need to get in touch with the veterinarian so I can restart my measurements of penguins.

Ok, here we go!

• Like 4