• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

JessRed

JessRed First Challenge

I'm pretty new to this so will be fully accepting of any constructive criticism. 

I've fallen off the fitness band wagon, my current routine and diet have fallen into despair and, to be honest, I'm a bit bored. My working schedule is pretty intense and I worry that starting something completely new is going to be biting off more than I can chew so here's my plan:

1: Shift my focus towards yoga instead of aerial. I want to get in 3 practices a week.

2: Stop buying crap foods and snacking on them. I want to plan out and prep healthier snacks for when hunger strikes.

3: Focus on one work thing rather than trying to spread myself in too many directions. I need to learn to prioritise, delegate and say 'no' a bit more often.

Wish me luck.

• Like 5

Welcome to the rebellion!

22 hours ago, JessRed said:

3: Focus on one work thing rather than trying to spread myself in too many directions. I need to learn to prioritise, delegate and say 'no' a bit more often.

This is tough and something I think we all struggle with from time to time. Is this in life as a whole or are you looking at something more specific like work or social events?

• Like 1

On 4/22/2019 at 12:37 PM, JessRed said:

2: Stop buying crap foods and snacking on them. I want to plan out and prep healthier snacks for when hunger strikes.

Planning is key!

Welcome to the rebellion!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Red1263 said:

Hey hey how's the challenge going?

I haven't been to work this week but it's given me a chance to really think and plan what I'm going to do each day when I get back (I've made lists, I live by lists). 

I've made it to 2 yoga classes this week and plan to do a self practice tomorrow morning.

Not so good on the food, a friend gave me some Oreo poptarts she brought back from the states (my weakness), but I'm off to the shops today for my weekly food shop so I'm going to get some healthy snacks - I'm thinking nuts and dried fruit? I tend to eat little and often as it suits my body and my lifestyle so need little nibbles. I have one larger evening meal which is usually fairly healthy, it's the snacking I fail on.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JessRed said:

I'm off to the shops today for my weekly food shop so I'm going to get some healthy snacks - I'm thinking nuts and dried fruit? I tend to eat little and often as it suits my body and my lifestyle so need little nibbles. 

Have you tried rice cakes? They sometimes work for me because of the crunching sensation. Kallo do a good one in blueberry and vanilla, with just a hint of sweetness. I usually fail on the snack front, too. Sugar/carb combos are the worst/tastiest :) good luck!

• Like 2

If you can get them cheese sticks make wonderful snacks. Lilly's chocolate is great as well since its low sugar (I eat a little for a treat not the full bar).

• Like 1

Update:

3 Yoga practices : done

Work - I've time blocked my tasks for the next month

Food - I've put the pop tarts in the back of the cupboard and bought a mix of nuts, raisins and dark chocolate for this week's snacks.

Feeling good! Back to work next week to implement my time blocking.

• Like 5

Coming to the end of week 2 and I'm feeling pretty good. 

Two yoga classes this week (planning an early morning practice in the park tomorrow, weather permitting).

Got masses done at work thanks to a little forward planning and saying no to things I knew I wouldn't fit in (so hard as I've always been a people pleasing 'Yes' person.)

Managed to mostly cut down on sugar this week but still allow myself a small sweet dessert at the very end of the day. I've been snacking on nuts and savoury crackers during the day but I'm still starving! Any suggestions for something that might fill me up a little better?

Yay for the wins but I've still got some work to do.

• Like 2

On 5/4/2019 at 11:10 AM, JessRed said:

Any suggestions for something that might fill me up a little better?

Healthy fats like avocados are good for keeping full.

• Like 1

I broke a bit this week :culpability:

I missed my midweek yoga class due a change in my work schedule that has thrown me completely out of sync. I also had a poptart for breakfast this morning because I was in a rush. Bad Jess!

But the week isn't over. I'm going to skip my normal dessert after dinner tonight and there's still chance to get 3 yoga classes/practices in this week. Oddly enough, the work schedule didn't negatively affect my work. 

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 4:10 PM, JessRed said:

Managed to mostly cut down on sugar this week but still allow myself a small sweet dessert at the very end of the day. I've been snacking on nuts and savoury crackers during the day but I'm still starving! Any suggestions for something that might fill me up a little better?

Brown rice. I swear, that stuff just puffs up in your gut and leaves you stuffed...

• Like 2

Only a few days left of this challenge and I feel it's been quite successful.

I've managed to cut down quite a bit on the sugary junk, mostly by making sure I always had something to nibble on. Mixed nuts and vegetable crisps have been my saviour, I'm such a grazer. Still have a craving for the sweet stuff, getting easier to ignore it.

Keeping up with 3 yoga classes each week has been tough, 2 is more manageable for me. I attended 1 class this week and did a self practice tonight, hopefully can fit another in over the weekend.

Been making some progress with work too, again just trying to maintain realistic goals and saying no when I really can't manage something. It's not a natural habit though.

I'll post a full breakdown of my progress when I'm done. What will my next challenge be?

• Like 3

My final update is a little overdue, but better late than never.

Yoga: 3 classes/practices per week was ambitious but I did it. I want to keep going with this one as it has really helped me to centre my focus.

Food: I'm a sugar fiend! During the week I seem to be able to control it but on the weekends I feel the urge to binge a lot more keenly. I think I've got to really take control and not allow that shit into the house.

Work: I feel more on top of things, nothing fell apart when I said no to extra tasks. Also, my boss is away for the next week so I'll have a bit of breathing room.

All in all I think this has been a good, manageable challenge and I want to continue with it for a while before setting another one. 

I think I'll be joining The Assassins when I do, who's good to follow there?

• Like 2