• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

fitbyforty

fitbyforty's first challenge

4 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Muwhaha:devilish:  We actually have a word for Doms in Shetland, it’s called “speggie” which is a wonderful word that can function as a noun or an adjective.   So you can “have really bad speggie”, or you can “be really speggied”.

I love that word.  I always say I have spaghetti legs and speggie is so similar.  lol  

4 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Ooooh!  Want to do a swapsie?  I have loads of plant based recipes, I think I’m going to try and make that an official goal next challenge. We could even do a PvP (person vs person) challenge based on it if you wanted. 

I don't have a ton of plant based recipes yet, but I'm gonna list them as I create them or try them or maybe even add links to ones I want to try.  When doing mostly veggie meals, I normally keep it pretty simple  like tostadas with different toppings, salads, soups, and Buddha bowls , but I'm always open for new recipes and for sharing when I find a good one.  I'd love a PvP next time centered around a plant based diet.  :)  We can iron out the details closer to the next start date. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Guzzi said:

Ooooh!  Want to do a swapsie?  I have loads of plant based recipes, I think I’m going to try and make that an official goal next challenge. We could even do a PvP (person vs person) challenge based on it if you wanted. 

3 hours ago, fitbyforty said:

When doing mostly veggie meals, I normally keep it pretty simple  like tostadas with different toppings, salads, soups, and Buddha bowls , but I'm always open for new recipes and for sharing when I find a good one.  I'd love a PvP next time centered around a plant based diet.  :)  We can iron out the details closer to the next start date. 

1235518477_Fromfightclub_68e259b3dd1c6bb503517300c7a4021b.jpg.784160369667cca90e53e0a2497973c4.jpg

I'm a former vegan/vegetarian, but I don't typically eat meat more than 1-2/week. I like plant based recipes.... :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Defining said:

1235518477_Fromfightclub_68e259b3dd1c6bb503517300c7a4021b.jpg.784160369667cca90e53e0a2497973c4.jpg

I'm a former vegan/vegetarian, but I don't typically eat meat more than 1-2/week. I like plant based recipes.... :D

Woohoo!!!!

• Like 1

The more the merrier! :)

Day 4 has been uneventful for the most part.  I was reeeeeeaaaaly sore this morning and I slept more than normal today.  I feel good now and I will sneak in some bodyweight exercises in a bit and then rest over the weekend unless I decide to do some bodyweight stuff or something else physical.  I'll stay away from the weights till Monday. I have about 18 hours of work to do in the next couple of days so I'll mostly be working anyway. 

Food has been good today. I had bran cereal with a pear and almonds with almond milk this morning.  I had lentil kale soup from yesterday and a grilled chicken breast for lunch. I'm making mock tuna salad lettuce wraps for supper with cucumber slices. (I guess I should add that to my recipe thread)  I will probably have some celery and peanut butter later.  I'm really glad my husband is fine with plant based meals about half the time because I feel really good when eating a plant based diet and it's nice not to have to cook meat all the time. 

Water has been really good today and I'm not feeling bloated.  I also feel more alert.

Stretching has been good and my lower back is feeling better throughout the day.  Oh and on that front, my mom bought me an inversion table and had it shipped to me so I'm going to be putting it together and trying it out sometime over the weekend.  She loves hers and it's helped her a lot so she wanted me to have one. 

I was down 13 lbs this morning....so hard not to weigh  lol. I don't put too much stock in it until about week 3 and I mostly want to see my waist measurement go down, as I carry most of my fat in my stomach.  I guess I also need to break down and take starting pictures this weekend. 

Hope everyone is having a good day.  :)

• Like 5

7 hours ago, fitbyforty said:

I was down 13 lbs this morning....so hard not to weigh  lol. I don't put too much stock in it until about week 3 and I mostly want to see my waist measurement go down, as I carry most of my fat in my stomach.  I guess I also need to break down and take starting pictures this weekend. 

My biggest regret is that I don’t have any pics of me at my heaviest.  At that point I would grab my husband’s phone and instantly delete any photos he tried to take of me, and there’s No Way would I have taken any of myself, but now I wish I had.  I’d love to be able to show everyone just how much weight I’ve lost. 

• Like 1

13 lbs is excellent!

And the DOMS will slowly fade. You're never as sore as you are when you first start working out. You'll see recovery window get shorter and shorter. It's glorious and I can't wait for you to get there.

• Like 1

!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished the week out with a 15 lb loss by sunday (I find it easy to take note of progress on sundays)

The weekend was good.  I ate reasonably and I kept up with my challenge goals. 

The gym kicked my butt this morning, but I really enjoyed myself.

For my warm up I moved around and stretched to loosen up my hips, back, and shoulders. 

(I'm trying a new way to count sets and reps.  I'm shooting for around 25 reps throughout the sets and once I reach 3 sets of 8 I'll go up in weight.)

(All lbs for measurements and short rests)

Leg press 180x10, 230x8x3

Chest press Machine 5 sets with 40 lbs  to failure each set

Seated cable row 3 sets of 55 lbs to failure each set

lat pull down - 4 sets of 70 lbs to failure each set 

(at this point I was pooped, ran out of steam.  hopefully I can finish the workout wed.) 

Hydro massage after 10 mins 

My legs are strong but my back is holding me back.  As I get more stamina, my back lower back will get more attention, but anything that targets my lower back has to be last.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Grumble said:

13 lbs is excellent!

And the DOMS will slowly fade. You're never as sore as you are when you first start working out. You'll see recovery window get shorter and shorter. It's glorious and I can't wait for you to get there.

I think I'm there already.  I am only slightly sore in my lats and nothing else is this morning. Yesterday I was a little sore and my muscles were stiff, but this morning is a ok.  I'm kinda feeling like I didn't work hard enough yesterday, but I know I put my all into it.  Tomorrow should be a good workout. 

• Like 3

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 6:54 PM, fitbyforty said:

!!!!!!!!!!!! I finished the week out with a 15 lb loss by sunday (I find it easy to take note of progress on sundays)

Congratulations! That must be an awesome feeling, well done!

I might not have been as sore as I thought I would be today, but I can tell you that I was wiped out and slept a lot today.  That kinda puts me behind with work and wide awake, so I'll be working tonight.  I'm trying to decide when to hit the gym.  I might hit it up about 12 or 1am (instead of 5 am ). That will be about half way through the night.   Today I made a poor choice at lunch, fast food, but I'm handling the calories by have fewer calories than normal tonight.  I also had a low calorie breakfast.  This isn't ideal, and it's breaking my goals, but I'm trying to manage it.   I felt awful after eating it and that probably had something to do with the long nap as well.  All I can do is make a better choice for my next meal.  

• Like 2

Getting off track with sleep sucked.  I did get some needed work done though.  The gym did not happen, but today I did a body weight workout split throughout the day.  I did jumping jacks, body weight squats, wall pushups, and burpees.  I also did some stretching.  Food was good today. I was lacking with water.  I don't know what I'm going to do with the gym this week.  Not sure if Im going tomorrow or just going to go Friday. 

• Like 2

So this morning my body was like "eh" about my workout yesterday, so I hit up the gym for a fullbody workout and it felt really good.

Stretching and moving around.

Legpress -  180x13, 270x8, 270x8, 270x6

Chest press machine - 40x12, 3 sets of 45 to failure. not sure of reps (between 5 and 8 reps each set)

Lat pull down - 70x10, 75x8, 75x8, 75x5

Seated DB shoulder press -  3 sets to failure with 20 lbs DBs (very slow and controlled throughout)

Seated cable row - 3 sets to failure with 45 lbs.

Back extension machine - 1 set with 85, 3 sets with 100, not sure of reps, kept at each set till my back started jumping too bad to continue. 

Went right to the hydro massage table this morning

• Like 3

This morning I stopped by and took my BP and weight at publix using the higi machine.   I used it once before  on 10/15/2018 and my weight was 230 lbs, my bp was 107/88, and my pulse was 91 bpm  This time my bp was better, but pulse was slightly higher and weight was way higher.  I have decided to use this as my scale and not my home scale going forward because my scale decided to go haywire this morning and I don't want to be focused on my weight all the time.  I don't really want to to "lose" that 15 lb loss, but I think this is better going forward.  My weight this morning on the higi machine was 264 lbs (so that means I would have been 279 at the start instead of the 260 I thought.) To make things easier I'm just going to just start taking the higi as my new weight but for my total lbs lost for this challenge I'm counting my 15 lbs , my bp was 107/80, and my pulse was 95 bpm.  I was happy to see my blood pressure was better. I hope I continue to see my BP improve and of course my weight. 

• Like 2

I just got back from the gym doing my 3rd full body workout this week plus I had that body weight workout this week. 

(in lbs)

stretched

leg press - 270 x 10,  270x10, 320x8, 360x6, 360x6, 360x5

bench press (smiths machine) - 85x 7, 85x6, 85x6

lat pulldown = 3 sets of 75 lbs to failure

db shoulder press - 3 sets with 20 lbs dbs to failure

seated rows - 3 sets of 42.5 to failure

I;m getting excited about what my body can do now and still recover easily :)  

• Like 4

14 hours ago, fitbyforty said:

I;m getting excited about what my body can do now and still recover easily :)  

Woohoo!!!  This is so great, I’m sorta at the same point right now so “yay” for both of us! :D 

• Like 1

I injured my back today in a freak thing.  It happened in a spot that normally doesn't give me any trouble.  I just went to scoot my desk chair (on wheels) up closer to my desk and I got sudden stabby pain in my middle back.  I managed to stretch a little and my oldest son helped me on the inversion table and that got the nerve pain to stop.  It's sore.  I'll see how it feels Wednesday and in the meantime, I'll keep drinking water, stretching, and eating well. 

• Sad 1

My back was still sore today, so I haven't been back to the gym.  If it's feeling ok tomorrow, I'm going to stop by the gym. Fingers crossed.

• Like 2